ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Best Football Hit You’ll See This Week: Pussy Kid Edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252273)

Old Dog 11-08-2011 09:40 AM

Looks to me like it was a coach doing what countless other coaches have done. Sadly enough in todays "I'm gonna sue" society the coach could well lose his job.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-08-2011 10:21 AM

watching him try to go all Bobby Boucher was comical. What a meathead loser.

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8091506)
Looks to me like it was a coach doing what countless other coaches have done. Sadly enough in todays "I'm gonna sue" society the coach could well lose his job.

So if a coach is throwing 85MPH fastballs to 13 year old kids in BP and injures one you don't feel he should be liable?

tooge 11-08-2011 10:56 AM

imagine the damage to his shouler and collar bone had this happened in mid air

OnTheWarpath15 11-08-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8091657)
imagine the damage to his shouler and collar bone had this happened in mid air

ROFL

BigRock 11-08-2011 11:11 AM

The way this thread shows up on my screen, it breaks into two lines and the words mix in a quick glance, and I keep thinking it says "The best pussy you'll hit this week".

Old Dog 11-08-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8091595)
So if a coach is throwing 85MPH fastballs to 13 year old kids in BP and injures one you don't feel he should be liable?

Apples and oranges, but since you asked

Considering the average speed fastball for Jr High pitchers is in the low 70s, most coaches at that level won't be throwing BP at 85 (most wouldn't have the ability anyway). If they were preparing for some upcoming game in which the scheduled opposing pitcher was throwing mid 80s and the coach brought in someone who could give them a reasonable look at what they may see (or throw 85 himself) I see nothing wrong with it.

Assumed risk is implied when participating in sports....well it used to be.

OnTheWarpath15 11-08-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 8091692)
The way this thread shows up on my screen, it breaks into two lines and the words mix in a quick glance, and I keep thinking it says "The best pussy you'll hit this week".

LMAO

Feel free to start that thread, if you like.

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8091695)
Apples and oranges, but since you asked

Considering the average speed fastball for Jr High pitchers is in the low 70s, most coaches at that level won't be throwing BP at 85 (most wouldn't have the ability anyway). If they were preparing for some upcoming game in which the scheduled opposing pitcher was throwing mid 80s and the coach brought in someone who could give them a reasonable look at what they may see (or throw 85 himself) I see nothing wrong with it.

Assumed risk is implied when participating in sports....well it used to be.

I'm surprised that most 13 year old's can reach low 70's on their fastball. That sounds high to me for some reason. In your example I agree, but however I doubt the coach in the video probably wasn't preparing them for a 5'10 250lb running back. Actually I believe they have weight limits at that age for ball carriers. If there is a method to training that's fine, but when an adult once to relive their glory days with a bunch of kids that's just moronic.

Ming the Merciless 11-08-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8091595)

Thats like saying the coach intentionally ran with all his might and tackled the kid.....

The coach was letting the kids try and tackle him, and gave a little resistance...

Basically to me it just seemed like a freak accident from the video

Old Dog 11-08-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8091747)
I'm surprised that most 13 year old's can reach low 70's on their fastball. That sounds high to me for some reason.

I had to look it up. I had no idea what it would be.

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8091762)
Thats like saying the coach intentionally ran with all his might and tackled the kid.....

The coach was letting the kids try and tackle him, and gave a little resistance...

Basically to me it just seemed like a freak accident from the video

LMAO A little resistance? He lowered his shoulder when he had a full head of steam.

Like I said not malicious, just stupid.

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8091765)
I had to look it up. I had no idea what it would be.

Yeah, I didn't believe you so I did to. 55-75 for 13 year olds :)

Ming the Merciless 11-08-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8091950)
LMAO A little resistance? He lowered his shoulder when he had a full head of steam.

Like I said not malicious, just stupid.

Stupid. maybe, sure...Full head of steam? Not what it looked like to me.

Duck Dog 11-08-2011 03:38 PM

The kid should have went for his knees.