ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ***Senior Bowl Week*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269134)

O.city 01-23-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9345250)
It is fine to have a few players on the roster like that but IMO, it is a poor philosophy to start players like that/emphasize your defensive scheme around that.

In other news, I'm still super pissed off about the Cards ****ing us over on getting Ray Horton. I saw a guy in a Cards shirt today and thought about how awesome our D would be from just 1 year of Ray Horton. **** the Cardinals.

We built our d around "big strong football players". It was bullshit.

And yeah, I was on the Horton bandwagon, big time.

Sorter 01-23-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345257)
We built our d around "big strong football players". It was bullshit.

And yeah, I was on the Horton bandwagon, big time.

We were so close to having him come here and supposedly, he wanted to.

**** Arizona. I hope they get plagued with a worse version of Skelton in this draft.

O.city 01-23-2013 04:38 PM

Yep.

Side not about the SR bowl, Margus Hunt is said to be having an awful week. Maybe he falls?

Sorter 01-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345279)
Yep.

Side not about the SR bowl, Margus Hunt is said to be having an awful week. Maybe he falls?

I think he does. He's been getting worked over from the little I've seen and the lot I've read.

There are like 4 or 5 3-4 1 gap DEs that seem solid in this draft. However, the majority of them all fall in the late first category. Hopefully we can snag at least one of them.

O.city 01-23-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9345293)
I think he does. He's been getting worked over from the little I've seen and the lot I've read.

There are like 4 or 5 3-4 1 gap DEs that seem solid in this draft. However, the majority of them all fall in the late first category. Hopefully we can snag at least one of them.

Would you take one of them over one of the CB's, some with a first round grade available in the second?

I think I would go DE. I'm hoping we spend a little in free agency to bring in a CB. Shields, Talib etc.

Sorter 01-23-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345296)
Would you take one of them over one of the CB's, some with a first round grade available in the second?

I think I would go DE. I'm hoping we spend a little in free agency to bring in a CB. Shields, Talib etc.

I don't think Talib gets let go by NE. He likes them and they need him desperately (they've needed a CB since Asante left. I'd expect them to shell out some money to Aquib)

Gun to my head, I'd take a top tier 3-4 DE this year over Rhodes in the 2nd.
The reason being it provides more versatility for us from base fronts (allowing us to get a pass rush, flexibility with fire-zones).

O.city 01-23-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9345343)
I don't think Talib gets let go by NE. He likes them and they need him desperately (they've needed a CB since Asante left. I'd expect them to shell out some money to Aquib)

Gun to my head, I'd take a top tier 3-4 DE this year over Rhodes in the 2nd.
The reason being it provides more versatility for us from base fronts (allowing us to get a pass rush, flexibility with fire-zones).

From his post game words, I don't think he goes back there. I'd be fine shelling out some money for him, I think he'd pair awesome with Flowers.

Berry, Flowers, Talib, FS from Fresno. Done.

BossChief 01-23-2013 06:44 PM

Talib is a local guy, right?

O.city 01-23-2013 06:46 PM

He played at KU, not sure where he's from.

Hearing some chatter on twitter that the Jets are thinking of shopping Revis. What would you be willing to hypothetically give up for him?

O.city 01-23-2013 08:08 PM

Also, I think you can take Glennon off the list for us. He just doesn't fit the WCO type offense.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-23-2013 08:15 PM

This Nassib bullshit has got to stop. The dude is as overrated in the pre-draft circus as Tony Pike was.

O.city 01-23-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9345830)
This Nassib bullshit has got to stop. The dude is as overrated in the pre-draft circus as Tony Pike was.

I just really don't see it either. I know Sorter likes him, and I put Sorters opinion up pretty high, but I just don't see it. I think he's a 2 year prospect.

Sfeihc 01-23-2013 08:18 PM

What are his red flags as you see them, Hamas? I like the kid if the value is right in the draft.

DaKCMan AP 01-23-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345839)
I just really don't see it either. I know Sorter likes him, and I put Sorters opinion up pretty high, but I just don't see it. I think he's a 2 year prospect.

Yeah but DaKCMan AP is unimpressed and his opinion is Awesome.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=117

Sorter 01-23-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9345830)

He has underwhelmed this week. :(