ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Metro Sports... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269825)

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9388714)
How come you haven't watched more? It's easily available. You should watch more of Geno. http://draftbreakdown.com/qb-rankings go watch the OU and Baylor games.

Thanks, Phil!

I have literally, outside of iPhone posts and late night posts, had no time for anything for the past five weeks.

As I've stated so many times, I'm not condemning Smith nor have I ever stated I don't want him. But with that said, my time is limited and I've read more negative than positive, outside of this forum.

My statement wasn't made to be an indictment of his abilities.

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9388713)
He really wasn't that bad in the Pinstripe bowl considering Nassib completed like 11 of 23 for 130 in that game. It was a tundra during that one, and if you check the game throw by throw he did fine. He stayed within the system which is what he's asked to do. K-state was his rough "bad" game. But he was down 31 to 7 by the 2nd Q. Hard to look good at that point. K state out coached Holgorsen. And I HATE the Holgorsen spread by the way. It's a bad gimmicky offensive system for today's game IMO.

Oh. And I used to think he was a "crybaby" also a few months ago. Then I actually took the time to look into all of his interviews and dig into his personality. Even he admitted his body language was poor at times. But he's not a cry baby. Hopefully he can work on that body language though.

Thanks for the input!

:thumb:

RunKC 02-09-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9388720)
"WHO HAVE YOU SEEN MORE IN THE LAST MONTH, YOUR WIFE OR JOHN DORSEY?"

What a dick question.

He should have looked at Mr. Stewart and said "your mom, bitch" ROFL

philfree 02-09-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9388750)
Thanks, Phil!

I have literally, outside of iPhone posts and late night posts, had no time for anything for the past five weeks.

As I've stated so many times, I'm not condemning Smith nor have I ever stated I don't want him. But with that said, my time is limited and I've read more negative than positive, outside of this forum.

My statement wasn't made to be an indictment of his abilities.

It won't take long to watch those games with that link. It just shows every Geno Smith play no running plays or WV defense.

007 02-09-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat (Post 9387478)
Heh. I haven't seen Dave Stewart in years, but he looks a lot like the Church Lady now...

FYP

NJChiefsFan 02-09-2013 01:07 AM

I think Smith will open a little gap(from the other QB's at least) during the combine. Dane has said multiple times he is waiting for that to make judgement. If everyone expects Geno to do well there then you really don't have to worry about Dane's view of Geno. It's not worth getting into this with the combine coming up.

BigChiefFan 02-09-2013 03:05 AM

Best interview I've seen in along time. We actually have a competent head coach. Btw, Casserly just mentioned Geno as our possible pick.

007 02-09-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 9388842)
Best interview I've seen in along time. We actually have a competent head coach. Btw, Casserly just mentioned Geno as our possible pick.

literally? Just now? Man, dude stays up late. :D

BigChiefFan 02-09-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9388846)
literally? Just now? Man, dude stays up late. :D

It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. Then it dawned on me, I should have had a V-8.

007 02-09-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 9388849)
It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. Then it dawned on me, I should have had a V-8.

LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones 02-09-2013 07:33 AM

According to Kevin Kietzman, Andy Reid is on the same flight he is currently to go to spring training. Kevin Kolb to the rescue? Lol

007 02-09-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9388917)
According to Kevin Kietzman, Andy Reid is on the same flight he is currently to go to spring training. Kevin Kolb to the rescue? Lol

You shut your whore mouth.:cuss:

Ace Gunner 02-09-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9387501)
"Whether we stay there OR trade back".

That certainly doesn't scream "QB #1 overall".

agreed. there are a few places during the conversation of QB that Andy Reid seemed defensive or on the offensive for not taking a QB with that #1 pick.

When he was asked whether the new trends of exclusive QB pro day/workouts present evaluation difficulties, Reid started by saying "well, listen" and generally evasively answered that line of questions.

I'm going with the trade scenario. They will try to trade that #1 or #2 pick. I think they could trade up with the #2 pick, I doubt anyone will take the #1 in any scenario.

If Barkley falls to the 2nd round, they might grab him. My only concern about Barkley is he has slow slow hips -- he is not gonna do well when protection breaks down because he can't scramble worth shit. But, if you protect him he can run Reid's short route WCO with success, I believe.

Hate to say it, I doubt Geno Smith becomes a Chief. In fact I believe Reid is going to roll out Matty C during preseason and depending on competition, the "good football player" could be the starter next season. Reid will experience matty's fail for himself. Then Stanzi or whoever they bring in will take over.

rinse/repeat.

At least, the new staff has a rep for the QB position. Not sure this wouldn't be negated if they were to roll that failure of a QB out though. Guess we'll see.

milkman 02-09-2013 09:59 AM

It's all coach/draft speak.

None of it means A damn thing.

Ace Gunner 02-09-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389039)
It's all coach/draft speak.

None of it means A damn thing.

That's why we're here -- to, you know, fill in the gaps :D