ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Nick Foles News (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270264)

BossChief 02-23-2013 06:15 PM

Like I said, I could stomach a trade for Nick Foles...but it would be a short leash.

BUT

If they think its smart to go into next year with Joeckel at left tackle, Brandon Albert in SD and our quarterbacks being Foles, Cassel and Stanzi....they should only be afforded a short leash by the fan base.

If it blows up in their face, they deserve it....and it will.

If they pass on Geno, he will go on to another team and destroy worlds and we will be stuck will Foles...who wont be as good...but good enough to keep us out of position to take a QB again in the next couple years.

It would be the Chiefs bat signal that

"you can fire up those BBQs, guys. We are about to get back to 9-7 and first round loss. All is well"

When in reality, Foles will be at home watching Geno win playoff games.

B14ckmon 02-23-2013 06:19 PM

Stop assuming Geno will be great in the NFL. That is your first mistake. What if they pass on him and he goes to the Raiders and busts hard? If you think there isn't a valid reason why everyone on the planet is skeptical of Geno, then you are crazy.

BossChief 02-23-2013 06:30 PM

Andy Reid made guys like AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb look like respectable starters and Donovan McNabb into one of the best quarterbacks in the league for a long time. To think that he couldn't take a kid like Geno and get the most out of him is silly. I dont care what he would do in Oakland...they dont have a guy like Andy Reid that has a long history of getting the most out of his quarterbacks.

Like Ive said, if they chose to go with Foles, I could live with it, but the leash would be short.

For once, I just want them to show some balls and draft their own quarterback.

Tombstone RJ 02-23-2013 06:32 PM

if all kc has to give up to get Foles is a third round pick, then that seems like a great deal, especially considering kc and the front office will have a lot more tape on the kid and know what his strengths and weakneses are... I'm thinking there's no way Philly lets Foles go for just a third round pick, especially with Vick's inability to stay healthy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9429345)
Stop assuming Geno will be great in the NFL. That is your first mistake. What if they pass on him and he goes to the Raiders and busts hard? If you think there isn't a valid reason why everyone on the planet is skeptical of Geno, then you are crazy.

your point is flawed: ANYONE who goes to Oakland busts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 06:34 PM

Hooray!! Let's hitch our wagons to a guy a team was willing to deal for a 3rd Round draft pick...awesome.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-23-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9429385)
if all kc has to give up to get Foles is a third round pick, then that seems like a great deal, especially considering kc and the front office will have a lot more tape on the kid and know what his strengths and weakneses are... I'm thinking there's no way Philly lets Foles go for just a third round pick, especially with Vick's inability to stay healthy.

Eagles need o-lineman, Chiefs need QBs. Some Elway trading will go on.

bevischief 02-23-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9429334)
Like I said, I could stomach a trade for Nick Foles...but it would be a short leash.

BUT

If they think its smart to go into next year with Joeckel at left tackle, Brandon Albert in SD and our quarterbacks being Foles, Cassel and Stanzi....they should only be afforded a short leash by the fan base.

If it blows up in their face, they deserve it....and it will.

If they pass on Geno, he will go on to another team and destroy worlds and we will be stuck will Foles...who wont be as good...but good enough to keep us out of position to take a QB again in the next couple years.

It would be the Chiefs bat signal that

"you can fire up those BBQs, guys. We are about to get back to 9-7 and first round loss. All is well"

When in reality, Foles will be at home watching Geno win playoff games.

I hope this isn't the future...

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9429389)
Hooray!! Let's hitch our wagons to a guy a team was willing to deal for a 3rd Round draft pick...awesome.

as long as he isn't good enough for someone else, he's perfect for us

we can have the best QB in this draft, whoever you think it is...that's the perk for the being the shittiest team in the league

we wasted 3 decades because of a stupid, childish fear of drafting and developing a QB....there is no rationalization for turning a 2-14 season and the #1 pick into another team's ****ing backup QB who was the 88th pick last year...

i don't give a **** how fat reid is...that is indefensible bullshit..

O.city 02-23-2013 06:43 PM

If we go with Foles, we better make the playoffs next year. Anything less than 8 wins is unacceptable.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429422)
If we go with Foles, we better make the playoffs next year. Anything less than 8 wins is unacceptable.

I don't care about the win total for next year. What would be crucial is for him to show that he has franchise potential; he'd have to take a few enormous steps forward in his development.

I'm so ****ing tired of this cycle of mediocrity.

We don't draft a legit QB in this draft, Reid and Dorsey won't be able to be fired soon enough.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 06:45 PM

A lesser version of a shotgun spread system QB to boot ROFL Can't take Geno, but can deal for an inferior guy because he has "experience.

O.city 02-23-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429436)
I don't care about the win total for next year. What would be crucial is for him to show that he has franchise potential; he'd have to take a few enormous steps forward in his development.

I'm so ****ing tired of this cycle of mediocrity.

We don't draft a legit QB in this draft, Reid and Dorsey won't be able to be fired soon enough.

If thats the way we are approaching next season, I'd rather take the best overall QB from this class, whoever they deem that to be, and let him go through that next year.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 06:49 PM

Alot of us will be having Buck's symptoms if this happens.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2013 06:50 PM

sweet jesus, id draft ****ing Hootie as a QB at one if it avoids seeing another fatty hoist a red and gold "1" jersey....**** me. **** us all...
Posted via Mobile Device