ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***THE OFFICIAL TCU VS. KU GAME THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270308)

Silock 02-23-2013 11:40 PM

Won by nearly 30. Who gives a shit?

Pablo 02-23-2013 11:45 PM

Nobody should ever value reeruns opinions. They are worthless.

Ceej 02-23-2013 11:58 PM

Never go full ree-run?

Prison Bitch 02-24-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 9430546)
No they didn't. In the second half it was TCU 39 KU 36, and they were already winning the second half before the reserves got in the game. KU played a ****** second half.

Not sure about that, I think tcu scored the last 4 of the game with our scrubs in. This is dumb anyway since we are 11-3 and they are 1-13.

DJay23 02-24-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

No they didn't. In the second half it was TCU 39 KU 36, and they were already winning the second half before the reserves got in the game. KU played a ****** second half.

Did you read that wrong? Lzen was talking about the game in Fort Worth not yesterday. The reserves didn't get in to the game in Fort Worth (that I can recall).

DJay23 02-24-2013 08:36 AM

But seriously, getting pissed about the second half of a blowout? The starters put it in cruise control the second half, but they are also coming off playing a very emotional double OT game in a difficult environment, with another tough road game in 2 days. Do you really want them putting the pedal to the floor in the second half of a blowout at home? Getting guys like Traylor, Tharpe, Ellis, and White live game reps is important if not for this year than for next. If it means turning a potential 40 point blowout into a 25 point blowout, well I'll yield to Bill Self on those decisions. He hasn't steered it wrong yet.

Also Perry Ellis had a nice game. He had some mistakes, but also dropped some shots. That should help his confidence.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-24-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

ROFL Wow

Reerun_KC 02-24-2013 08:43 AM

This place never disappoints! ROFL

KC_Connection 02-24-2013 08:44 AM

There's nothing to be pissed about. KU stopped trying once they built a 30 point lead (in a single half) and Self started playing guys like Ellis who are seemingly incapable of rebounding/playing defense (which is really fine by me in a game like that). The entire 2nd half wasn't worth watching at all as nobody was playing with any intensity.

The game is thankfully over and there's really nothing to take out of it other than KU being able to beat down a terrible team at home easily. Move on to the next one.

Lzen 02-24-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 9431034)
But seriously, getting pissed about the second half of a blowout? The starters put it in cruise control the second half, but they are also coming off playing a very emotional double OT game in a difficult environment, with another tough road game in 2 days. Do you really want them putting the pedal to the floor in the second half of a blowout at home? Getting guys like Traylor, Tharpe, Ellis, and White live game reps is important if not for this year than for next. If it means turning a potential 40 point blowout into a 25 point blowout, well I'll yield to Bill Self on those decisions. He hasn't steered it wrong yet.

Also Perry Ellis had a nice game. He had some mistakes, but also dropped some shots. That should help his confidence.

Exactly. And yes, I was referring to the game at TCU.

Lzen 02-24-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9431043)
This place never disappoints! ROFL

Explain. Were you just trolling? Or do you actually believe the BS you posted?

Pablo 02-24-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9431048)
There's nothing to be pissed about. KU stopped trying once they built a 30 point lead (in a single half) and Self started playing guys like Ellis who are seemingly incapable of rebounding/playing defense (which is really fine by me in a game like that). The entire 2nd half wasn't worth watching at all as nobody was playing with any intensity.

The game is thankfully over and there's really nothing to take out of it other than KU being able to beat down a terrible team at home easily. Move on to the next one.

All of this.

McLemore said in his post-game that his MJ style dunk was the third best he's done this year.

Windmill first, then the 360. I'd have to agree.

Love watching that kid play.