ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Kaepernick pulls a Steve Bono (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274347)

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 11:30 AM

People are all worked up over a ****ing hat?

Give me Aaron Rodgers, and he can wear Raiders shit every day, for all I care.

milkman 07-07-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9796511)
They're having a good time with this on the Miami boards haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796525)
Seriously, who cares? The kid is a Dolphins fan. If you guys can show me where in the CBA it states that players can't be photographed wearing another team's merch, then there would be a problem.

During Hard Knocks last year, Tannehill didn't even know all the NFL teams and divisions. It's funny, but big deal?

There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796530)
People are all worked up over a ****ing hat?

Give me Aaron Rodgers, and he can wear Raiders shit every day, for all I care.

That's about the biggest crock of shit you have ever posted. Pure bullshit.

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796482)
Dude, the guy is 6'5, 240 pounds. Do you know difficult it would be to bring him down? He's like a young, athletic Ben Rothlisberger but with a better arm and faster.

What does this have to do with my claim? If Kaepernick can't run, he would fall into the category of average QB. Yes, he's got a great arm, but he's never proven to be able to throw with exceptional touch or accuracy and he has never proven to be overly adept at reading defenses.

Jamarcus Russell was big and had a big arm, but it takes more than that. I'm not saying the Kaepernick would be Russell if he couldn't run, but he would definitely never be an elite QB without the ability to run.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796535)
That's about the biggest crock of shit you have ever posted. Pure bullshit.

The crock is people acting as if this is disrespecting his teammates - that it's going to affect what happens between the lines on Sunday afternoons.

It's a ****ing hat.

Strongside 07-07-2013 11:42 AM

Hate to admit it, but there isn't a player I want to be a bust as a 2nd year starter more than this ****er. I can't stand guys that think their shit doesn't stink, but try to play themselves as humble to the public. I hope he throws 30 picks and rushes for under 300 yards.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796551)
The crock is people acting as if this is disrespecting his teammates - that it's going to affect what happens between the lines on Sunday afternoons.

It's a ****ing hat.

I guess maybe my standards for intelligence are higher than some. Its a dumbass move and shows he is in fact a dumbass. My wife who cares 0 about football when I asked her what she though about it said "what an idiot".

Not to mention if I were the guy writing his checks, the one with the Niner logo on them, I would be ****ing pissed.

Does the "hat" effect what happens on the field? No other than it brings his intelligence into question and if you dont understand that, dont know what to tell you.

And like I stated if Alex Smith did that you would have a ****ing field day with it.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9796549)
What does this have to do with my claim? If Kaepernick can't run, he would fall into the category of average QB. Yes, he's got a great arm, but he's never proven to be able to throw with exceptional touch or accuracy and he has never proven to be overly adept at reading defenses.

Jamarcus Russell was big and had a big arm, but it takes more than that. I'm not saying the Kaepernick would be Russell if he couldn't run, but he would definitely never be an elite QB without the ability to run.

First off, he's 23 years old. He's not 33 years old and on the verge of breaking down (like Rothlisberger). As big, fast and mobile as he is, it's going to take a helluva defense and an elite defender in order to knock him out permanently.

The guy isn't RGIII, who's only 6'2 210 pounds. He's 6'5, 240 and he's got plenty of room on his frame to grow. He's not Russell Wilson, who's 5'11.

BIG difference.

And you have no idea who good of a passer he'll become because he's only appeared in less than a dozen games and with crap wide receivers to boot.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9796559)
Hate to admit it, but there isn't a player I want to be a bust as a 2nd year starter more than this ****er. I can't stand guys that think their shit doesn't stink, but try to play themselves as humble to the public. I hope he throws 30 picks and rushes for under 300 yards.

You certainly have a dark outlook on life if that's what you get from a picture.

I'm sure you never did anything as evil as this when you were 23 years old.

The horror.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796575)

And you have no idea who good of a passer he'll become because he's only appeared in less than a dozen games and with crap wide receivers to boot.

This is true but I think he could also end up like a Vick type player and his passing never really develop once the wheels slow down.

I personally think he takes a big step backwards this year. Teams will figure out a way to make him pass and if he cant do that consistently he is going to have issues and he showed a big propensity to turn the ball over.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9796532)
There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity.

The guy went to the University of Nevada. He grew up in a small town which wasn't an NFL town. A lot of these guys coming from college to the NFL don't understand the fandom, don't understand the loyalty (and hate) and so on.

Personally, I think it's silly but obviously, others disagree and call him "stupid".

Really?

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796579)
You certainly have a dark outlook on life if that's what you get from a picture.

I'm sure you never did anything as evil as this when you were 23 years old.

The horror.

Nope, **** this guy, Dane.

Over a hat.

Pablo 07-07-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9796235)
I wish we had these problems.

ALEX SMITH WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

And by something like that; I mean lead a team to a SB appearance.

KCUnited 07-07-2013 11:54 AM

SF will know how we feel when they lose Kaep to Miami in free agency to fulfill a childhood dream.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796583)
The guy went to the University of Nevada. He grew up in a small town which wasn't an NFL town. A lot of these guys coming from college to the NFL don't understand the fandom, don't understand the loyalty (and hate) and so on.

Personally, I think it's silly but obviously, others disagree and call him "stupid".

Really?

Dane you dont have to be a member of MENSA to realize that you play QB for the Niners so you shouldn't wear a Dolphins hat.

That is unexplainable stupid really.

Its hilarious you are trying to spin this. Like I said let Alex Smith pull this and see what happens.