ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2014 Chiefs Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275310)

Saccopoo 10-11-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10074521)
There's talk that 7 qbs get a first round grader his year

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...fhi2o1_500.gif

O.city 10-12-2013 08:29 AM

I think bridgewater is a better prospect than rgIII. I'd also take tahj Boyd with our first rounder.

mszymko 10-13-2013 02:12 PM

I like your mock... hoping to see a flashy WR FA pickup to go along with a solid draft. Maybe we trade Bowe for someone who fits Andy Reid's offense a little better. Someone fast that can break big plays or a high draft pick.

Do you think we need some help/adjustment at WR?

...seems like A Smith is our guy and WR changes are going to be more likely then changes at QB to me.

Saccopoo 10-13-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10075065)
I think bridgewater is a better prospect than rgIII. I'd also take tahj Boyd with our first rounder.

You've got Smith, Daniel and Bray for another five years minimum.

I'd seriously recommend getting this "draft a QB in the first round" shit out of your head.

Bewbies 10-13-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszymko (Post 10081271)
I like your mock... hoping to see a flashy WR FA pickup to go along with a solid draft. Maybe we trade Bowe for someone who fits Andy Reid's offense a little better. Someone fast that can break big plays or a high draft pick.

Do you think we need some help/adjustment at WR?

...seems like A Smith is our guy and WR changes are going to be more likely then changes at QB to me.

Bowe is a stud. Perfect for this offense if your QB has enough balls to throw into even NCAA level windows.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-13-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10083322)

I'd seriously recommend getting this "draft a QB in the first round" shit out of your head.

If Smith is here for five years based on his performance thus far, we've got a serious problem with Andy Reid.

Nightfyre 10-13-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10083322)

The same QBs for five-years minimum? you need to get your head checked. Who was the last team to have the same three QBs for five years in a row? Alex Smith isn't playing at an extension-worthy level. Chase Daniel is expendable. And Bray is an UDFA signed to a three year deal with no hooks, I would bet. Every one of these guys is expendable.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-13-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10083924)
The same QBs for five-years minimum? you need to get your head checked. Who was the last team to have the same three QBs for five years in a row? Alex Smith isn't playing at an extension-worthy level. Chase Daniel is expendable. And Bray is an UDFA signed to a three year deal with no hooks, I would bet. Every one of these guys is expendable.

And I bet we've got the FO with the balls and vision to see it.

Since never.

Saccopoo 10-13-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10083656)
Bowe is a stud. Perfect for this offense if your QB has enough balls to throw into even NCAA level windows.

That's great. However, receivers don't win you Super Bowls. Ever. You don't build an offense around a receiver.

There is no way in hell that the Chiefs (or anybody for that matter) drafts a QB in order to placate the game stylings of a singular receiver.

Saccopoo 10-13-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10083722)
If Smith is here for five years based on his performance thus far, we've got a serious problem with Andy Reid.

The Chiefs are 6-0.

Do you think that 6-0 equates to a serious problem with Reid?

Do you think that 6-0 equates to a serious problem with Smith?

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that Hunt/Dorsey/Reid don't care too much about Fantasy Football Fan's idea of what a QB needs to be doing as long as the wins keep rolling in. Especially after what this team and it's fans suffered through during the Herm/Haley/Crennel/Pioli years.

And if you've been watching the games, like I'm sure Reid and Dorsey have, you'll understand that they are going to be looking at Smith not turning the ball over, making sound decisions with the ball, etc., all while having dog shit to work with other than Charles and they'll happily support him and Reid's offense through the draft with players that fit the system and style.

Receivers who can run precision routes with good hands. Offensive lineman who can lock on and drive block defenders. And they'll throw Sutton whatever bone he wants, but the defense is pretty set and relatively young and loaded with first round talent.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-13-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10084054)
The Chiefs are 6-0.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that Hunt/Dorsey/Reid don't care too much about Fantasy Football Fan's idea of what a QB needs to be doing as long as the wins keep rolling in. Especially after what this team and it's fans suffered through during the Herm/Haley/Crennel/Pioli years.

And if you've been watching the games, like I'm sure Reid and Dorsey have, you'll understand that they are going to be looking at Smith not turning the ball over, making sound decisions with the ball, etc., all while having dog shit to work with other than Charles and they'll happily support him and Reid's offense through the draft with players that fit the system and style.

Receivers who can run precision routes with good hands. Offensive lineman who can lock on and drive block defenders. And they'll throw Sutton whatever bone he wants, but the defense is pretty set and relatively young and loaded with first round talent.

At this point, yes. Yes I do. Because Smith has little or nothing to do with it, and seems to be regressing. Should I waste my draft picks to build the perfect protective cocoon for the check down king?

Sweet God I hope the **** not.

Nightfyre 10-13-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10084054)
The Chiefs are 6-0.

Do you even watch the games? JFC.

the Talking Can 10-14-2013 06:49 AM

this 'we're 6-0 so no one on our team sucks' logic from saccofbats ranks with one of the dumber things ever said...

when you have players on your roster that objectively suck, you replace them

true of the OL, true of the QBs

our QB roster is bullcrap

mszymko 10-14-2013 09:23 AM

Look, I believe that our biggest limitation is at the QB position as well. However, after turning a complete 360 from last season and starting our season 6-0 there is little to no chance that Andy parts ways with A Smith next season.

I think its a million times more likely that we build around A Smith. Considering Andy's past I could see us bringing in a quality WR in free agency to play alongside Bowe. But, depending on how the rest of Bowe's season goes I could see us shopping him at the end of the season for a pick or player that is a better fit for for our offensive style. Someone with big YAC potential...maybe we should have inquired about J Gordon when we had the chance? Or even Percey Harvin when he was available!

^Add a guy like that to our WR core and we might have a complete offense...assuming that our TE get healthy and overlooking the fact that Smith isn't exactly the complete pkg at QB.

Saccopoo 10-14-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10084264)
this 'we're 6-0 so no one on our team sucks' logic from saccofbats ranks with one of the dumber things ever said...

when you have players on your roster that objectively suck, you replace them

true of the OL, true of the QBs

our QB roster is bullcrap

No, it's not.

Alex Smith is 26-5-1 in the last three seasons. I don't give a flying squirrel's fart about statistics. In the end, all that matters is wins. And Smith, over the past three seasons, is winning - better than any other QB in the league in fact.

That gives you a chance at the playoffs, which subsequently gives you a chance at the Super Bowl. And that's all that matters. Period. End of story. Finito.

Daniel is a backup QB. And guess what? That's what he's currently doing.

Bray has a shit ton of talent and needs to be groomed. And guess what? As the third string guy, that's what he's currently doing.

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no problem with the Chiefs QB situation on any level. None.