ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck is the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275523)

durtyrute 08-23-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolstrol (Post 9907914)
Bale was a great Bruce Wayne but a weak Batman. I think Bale's performance as Batman limited a lot of his screen time in the Dark Knight sequel

This, I liked Bale's movies better, but I like Keaton's Batman more.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9908440)
Name 3 movies that Affleck played a major role in where he was good. I guess maybe if Batman is from Boston, this could work.

Hollywoodland, The Town and Argo

O.city 08-23-2013 01:46 PM

The town and Argo were great movies IMO, Armageddon was good too.

The sum of all fears was cool too

Frazod 08-23-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908764)
Hollywoodland, The Town and Argo

I haven't seen The Town. What's it about?

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9908772)

I don't want to ruin the movie for you. But IMO, it's as good as The Departed.

Affleck and Jeremy Renner were awesome.

DJJasonp 08-23-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9908772)

Bank heists.....really good flick

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-23-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9908440)
Name 3 movies that Affleck played a major role in where he was good. I guess maybe if Batman is from Boston, this could work.

The Town
Good Will Hunting
Dogma
Chasing Amy
Argo

Among others

DJJasonp 08-23-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9908784)
The Town
Good Will Hunting
Dogma
Chasing Amy
Argo

Among others

I also enjoyed changing lanes

Frazod 08-23-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908779)
I don't want to ruin the movie for you. But IMO, it's as good as The Departed.

Affleck and Jeremy Renner were awesome.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

O.city 08-23-2013 02:01 PM

I'd say the town and the departed are pretty close

Fish 08-23-2013 02:02 PM

I just can't see Affleck as Bruce Wayne. Just cannot see it in any way. That's just not the type of actor that I would think represented that type of character. He's just not the mean tough guy type that the character needs. Just feels too much like they forced the actor onto the character with no regard to trying to "Fit" the character.

Pepe Silvia 08-23-2013 02:12 PM

****ing outrage.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9908816)
I just can't see Affleck as Bruce Wayne. Just cannot see it in any way. That's just not the type of actor that I would think represented that type of character. He's just not the mean tough guy type that the character needs. Just feels too much like they forced the actor onto the character with no regard to trying to "Fit" the character.

Part of being a great actor is making people forget that they're not watching the real life person but a character. Heath Ledger wasn't Heath Ledger in his role: He was The Joker. Heath Ledger disappeared. Very few actors have that ability.

I thought Bale was "fine" as Bruce Wayne but the star of the trilogy was Christopher Nolan. I think there are more than a handful of people that were capable of doing what Bale did as Batman.

All that said, Affleck is Warner's superstar these days and rightfully so. He should have won the Oscar for best director for "Argo" and was a fine actor. The Warner Brothers brass *think* they have another Clint Eastwood in Affleck, so this move is unsurprising.

Ebolapox 08-23-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9908483)
Affleck you were the bomb in Phantoms, yo!

repost.

Brock 08-23-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9908829)
Part of being a great actor is making people forget that they're not watching the real life person but a character. Heath Ledger wasn't Heath Ledger in his role: He was The Joker. Heath Ledger disappeared. Very few actors have that ability.

I thought Bale was "fine" as Bruce Wayne but the star of the trilogy was Christopher Nolan. I think there are more than a handful of people that were capable of doing what Bale did as Batman.

All that said, Affleck is Warner's superstar these days and rightfully so. He should have won the Oscar for best director for "Argo" and was a fine actor. The Warner Brothers brass *think* they have another Clint Eastwood in Affleck, so this move is unsurprising.

Doesn't have the presence of Eastwood, or the chops of Bale. He's fine when he isn't having to carry the whole thing.