ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music KISS cancels their performance at Rock N Roll HOF induction over lineup dispute (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281722)

cosmo20002 02-25-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10452911)
Saw them a couple of years ago. The most mailed in performance I've ever seen by any band. Extremely disappointed.

I've never seen that from them.

Jimmya 02-25-2014 01:53 PM

Like their music, but never seen them live.

Warpaint69 02-25-2014 02:18 PM

I sat 3rd row in 2003 for Saliva, Kiss, Aerosmith and went backstage to meet KISS. If you ever watch Gene point to the crowd, its actually for certain women to be given a backstage pass by Kiss's crew. All the girls Gene pointed at during the show and given passes were backstage. I enjoyed getting to speak with Peter Criss simply because I learned to play the drums by listening to Kiss records back in the day. Tommy Thayer was a very nice guy and was easy to talk to. Gene goofed around with fans when taking pictures with us, bitched about how cold it was, but other than that wasn't very interested in talking to us fans. Paul greeted each of us and shook our hands, but getting to talk to him was difficult with everyone else trying to do the same. As a long time KISS fan I really haven't cared for anything after the Revenge album. Seeing the original group in 1996 in Topeka was pretty cool. Anymore Paul's voice is shit to listen to. I will watch live video's from the 70's and 80's long before I'll watch current videos of them. As its been mentioned they are just going after the green back anymore.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-25-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10452941)
I've never seen that from them.

me either, I've seen them 6 or 7 times.

BlackHelicopters 02-25-2014 03:23 PM

Is my KISS lunchbox worth more or less now?

MTG#10 02-25-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10452561)
ROFL

There wouldn't be a Slipknot without KISS either, so you might be on to something.

I hate it when people say this kind of shit. Just because someone was the first to do something it doesn't mean nobody else never would have had the original never existed.

My brother used to say "There wouldn't have ever been bands like Metallica and Megadeth had it not been for Black Sabbath." Bullshit.

htismaqe 02-25-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10453187)
I hate it when people say this kind of shit. Just because someone was the first to do something it doesn't mean nobody else never would have had the original never existed.

My brother used to say "There wouldn't have ever been bands like Metallica and Megadeth had it not been for Black Sabbath." Bullshit.

You're a moron. Sorry.

BigRedChief 02-25-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10452510)
though, the rock and roll HOF has become a joke anyway.

Madonna is rock and roll? Donna Summer? ABBA?:eek:

Brock 02-25-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10453126)
me either, I've seen them 6 or 7 times.

This was aerosmith in denver. Tyler sang at least a few songs from behind the speakers. I don't know if he was changing clothes or what, but he seemed to spend more time off stage than on. Everybody in the band got a tedious solo, which is ok, but they all seemed very businesslike in the whole affair. There was very little energy present in the show overall. The band looked and acted old. Maybe it was the altitude.

cosmo20002 02-25-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10453249)
This was aerosmith in denver. Tyler sang at least a few songs from behind the speakers. I don't know if he was changing clothes or what, but he seemed to spend more time off stage than on. Everybody in the band got a tedious solo, which is ok, but they all seemed very businesslike in the whole affair. There was very little energy present in the show overall. The band looked and acted old. Maybe it was the altitude.

Weird, I've never seen anything like that. Last time I saw them was Nov. 2012. Whitford was a statue as usual, Hamilton roams a little, but Tyler and Perry were all over the place.

Warpaint69 02-25-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10453249)

I saw them in Denver in 2003. They sound great live, but they are rather boring to watch. The people sitting clear in the back got just as good as show as us from the 3rd row.

htismaqe 02-25-2014 05:25 PM

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't go see Heaven and Hell one last time.

I was going to go see Motorhead this summer but now Lemmy is sick.

It's starting to become a really crummy period for the music I like.

Halfcan 02-25-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10452564)
Metal needs its own HoF. That way bands like Rush and Judas Priest could be 1st-ballot like they deserve.

;)

Rus still puts on a great show and also puts out amazing CD's unlike a lot of the bands that just do oldies hour when they come around.

cosmo20002 02-25-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10453353)
I'm still kicking myself that I didn't go see Heaven and Hell one last time.

I was going to go see Motorhead this summer but now Lemmy is sick.

It's starting to become a really crummy period for the music I like.

Justin Beiber has his whole life ahead of him, probably.

Yeah, all my favorites are getting up there. Frankly it's amazing that a lot of them are still alive, let alone performing. Eddie Van Halen and Angus Young are 59, Steven Tyler's 65, and the ZZ Top guys are 64!

MeatRock 02-25-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10452904)
People can say what they want about the ballads and Steven looking like an old woman (and Joe Perry is getting there), but Aerosmith is still ****ing great live.

I guess if you like listening to SHIT like Cryin, Amazing, I don't wanna miss a thing and Love in an elevator. Not for me. Never really liked Aerosmith. Even their old stuff like Back in the Saddle or Dream On i didn't care for.

The only decent song IMO was Sweet Emotion and even that got played the **** out.