ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football -- Shitlock - "Steelers are the best team in the AFC." (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318763)

Simply Red 11-10-2018 08:49 PM

I'm with Staylor and Seth Keysor on this one - we don't need much help w/ our offense.

Simply Red 11-10-2018 08:50 PM

Jason has not replied to my facebook message yet, I'll let you know!

KCTitus 11-10-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13882293)
...Like in the Steelers game - Mahomes played an essentially perfect game, he threw 6 TDs, had zero turnovers, we racked up 42 points... and won by less than a touchdown.

But yep, it definitely could happen again. Definitely possible.

Let's not forget that one play changed the entire complexion of that game...instead of KC going up 35-0 and Pitt basically folding the tent, a convenient flag changed this game entirely into a horse race. Aside from about 4-5 other favorable calls in that game, KC dominated.

I would agree with Jason, however, given the NFL's proclivity to throw helpful hankies for Pittsburgh.

Halfcan 11-10-2018 09:22 PM

Steelers tied the Browns- who we beat easily.

The Refs saved the Steeler from a Total beat down by the Chiefs.

We can hold them to several field goals while we score TD's- here there or anywhere.

RealSNR 11-10-2018 09:55 PM

NFL ratings are down, guys. We're all gonna die!

Eleazar 11-10-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 13882429)
Let's not forget that one play changed the entire complexion of that game...instead of KC going up 35-0 and Pitt basically folding the tent, a convenient flag changed this game entirely into a horse race. Aside from about 4-5 other favorable calls in that game, KC dominated.

I would agree with Jason, however, given the NFL's proclivity to throw helpful hankies for Pittsburgh.

No reason to believe the Steelers wouldn’t be treated by the officials in a future matchup the same way they have always been treated - favorably.

If anything, that game was a pretty accurate estimation of what it’s always going to be like to play Pittsburgh in an important game.

KCTitus 11-10-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13882567)
No reason to believe the Steelers wouldn’t be treated by the officials in a future matchup the same way they have always been treated - favorably.

If anything, that game was a pretty accurate estimation of what it’s always going to be like to play Pittsburgh in an important game.

Agreed...I dont think the NFL allows KC to get to such a lead next time...if KC faces Pittsburgh in the playoffs, I anticipate at least 2 TD's called back for some reason.

I dont believe the NFL will allow KC to get to the SB this year.

Easy 6 11-10-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13882312)
I don't enjoy being half therapist, half prophet of doom, but I have a special place in my heart for blind homers.

I mean, read through all of this. We are going to easily hang 40 on any team in the league. Nobody can touch us. We're invincible. Check out these per-game average statistics that prove we're unbeatable.

I feel a special calling to help homers maintain realistic expectations.

You're neither of those things, to anyone

You have some of the most atrocious football takes around

Eleazar 11-10-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13882637)
You're neither of those things, to anyone

You have some of the most atrocious football takes around

Things homers say to realists

Simply Red 11-10-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13882718)

no your takes haven't been great lately - but - I'm a cochise fan so don't get it twisted with who's on your side.

Easy 6 11-10-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13882718)

If it wasnt for bad football opinions, you wouldnt have any football opinions at all

You continually take one lame stab at it after another

Simply Red 11-11-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13882734)
If it wasnt for bad football opinions, you wouldnt have any football opinions at all

You continually take one lame stab at it after another

well now.

That's not nice either.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-11-2018 12:33 AM

Cochise those are terrible takes, dude....WOW

Chief Pagan 11-11-2018 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13882312)
I don't enjoy being half therapist, half prophet of doom, but I have a special place in my heart for blind homers.

I mean, read through all of this. We are going to easily hang 40 on any team in the league. Nobody can touch us. We're invincible. Check out these per-game average statistics that prove we're unbeatable.

I feel a special calling to help homers maintain realistic expectations.

I agree. We aren't going to easily hang 40 on every team we meet in the playoffs.

We will fight tooth and nail and hang 40 on every team we meet in the playoffs.

Chief Pagan 11-11-2018 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 13882583)
Agreed...I dont think the NFL allows KC to get to such a lead next time...if KC faces Pittsburgh in the playoffs, I anticipate at least 2 TD's called back for some reason.

I dont believe the NFL will allow KC to get to the SB this year.

Meh. If the NFL allows Nick Foles to get to the SB, I think they will be ok with Mahomes.