ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Remaining schedule ..We play 3 top 10 defenses (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319032)

DeepPurple 11-24-2018 08:53 AM

I've seen every Ravens game since 1996. This year the defense has improved but they're up and down. The Chiefs game is at Arrowhead, the Ravens had two good road games this year, they beat the Steelers early in the season in prime time and the Titans 21-0 at their place. At home they had two really good games, one was with Buffalo 47-3, but that was with Nathan Peterman at QB, he's now walking the street. The other was against the Saints, Tucker missed an extra point, which he hasn't done going back to high school, which would of tied the game and sent it to overtime. They have five losses which includes one at Cincy, one at Cleveland, one at Carolina, one at home against the Steelers, so it's been the Ravens problem for years, they play up or down to the opponent. With the scoring the Chiefs will do, they'll need Flacco to play, Lamar wouldn't be able to keep up, he may be able to use more time of possession. I predicted on another thread Chiefs 37 Ravens 17.

BigRedChief 11-24-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13911132)
I heard some stat yesterday that pulled all the great QB's Rodgers,Brady,Manning,Brees , there were some more included. But it said all those QB's combined were 240-2 in games they scored 40 or more points.

Mahomy already has his 2 losses.

Different era stats. Going to be a lot of those going forward.

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 13911557)
I've seen every Ravens game since 1996. This year the defense has improved but they're up and down. The Chiefs game is at Arrowhead, the Ravens had two good road games this year, they beat the Steelers early in the season in prime time and the Titans 21-0 at their place. At home they had two really good games, one was with Buffalo 47-3, but that was with Nathan Peterman at QB, he's now walking the street. The other was against the Saints, Tucker missed an extra point, which he hasn't done going back to high school, which would of tied the game and sent it to overtime. They have five losses which includes one at Cincy, one at Cleveland, one at Carolina, one at home against the Steelers, so it's been the Ravens problem for years, they play up or down to the opponent. With the scoring the Chiefs will do, they'll need Flacco to play, Lamar wouldn't be able to keep up, he may be able to use more time of possession. I predicted on another thread Chiefs 37 Ravens 17.

Yup Baltimore doesn't worry me. Like Arizona, chiefs need to just do their job on offense and defense, even if it means no fireworks. Seattle and San Diego will be two interesting tests. Seattle will try to control possession on offense, and our defense needs to run up the score quickly on a good defense to force them to pass. San Diego will be a different defense with bosa coming back. We'll learn a lot about if we're serious super bowl contenders in those 2 games. People hate hearing this, but we have to be better than what we showed in Arizona and the Rams especially when the front 4 shows pressure.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13911549)
After this weekend Bye we'll automatically move up at least to 31 on defense. We might even get to 29. We'll be fine.

ROFL

Oh yeah...Reid and Buttons giving me that old, familiar, "Fisty McKnucklesdeep-playoff lovin' feelin" again...

ptlyon 11-24-2018 10:20 AM

It's not the defense of the teams we face, it's the offenses that decides whether we win or lose.

Sorry if Q.

jaa1025 11-24-2018 11:05 AM

I'm not sure what to think about the Ravens. I'm glad that is in KC. They've done a held the Steelers down (division games) and the Saints. Carolina scored 38 against them. Other than that, they haven't played a good offense.

We know the Chargers and this team isn't stopped by the Chargers defense. It's a Thursday game so I believe that tends to favor offenses but I may be wrong.

The Seahawks game will be difficult since it's on the road.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-26-2018 09:19 AM

Good news after the bye, our last place Defense moved up to #30.PBJ

warrior 11-26-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13910624)
They won’t be top 10 when we get done with them.

Only comment needed :clap:

bobbything 11-26-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13910814)
Because I'm bored on the day after Thanksgiving...

The following are what our opponents this year have surrendered in all the other games they played excluding the Chiefs, followed by the number of points that the Chiefs scored. In all cases we, not surprisingly, exceeded their defensive scoring averages sans the game they played against the Chiefs...

Chargers: 19.0 ppg - Chiefs scored 38
Steelers: 20.33 ppg - Chiefs scored 42
49ers: 25.33 ppg - Chiefs scored 38
Broncos: 22.25 ppg - Chiefs scored 27
Jaguars: 21.00 ppg - Chiefs scored 30*
Patriots: 21.78 ppg - Chiefs scored 40
Bengals: 29.66 ppg - Chiefs scored 45
Broncos: 22.25 ppg - Chiefs scored 30
Browns: 25.11 ppg - Chiefs scored 37
Cardinals: 18.11 ppg - Chiefs scored 26
Rams: 23.1 ppg - Chiefs scored 51**

On average, our opponents have surrendered 22.54 ppg against all their other opponents not including the Chiefs. The Chiefs have scored against these teams an average of 36.73 ppg, exceeding the defensive scoring allowed averages by almost 39%.

The Jags played the offense the toughest of any opponent, with the Chiefs scoring only 2 points above the Jags season average (though at the time we played the Jags average was a much more stingy 14.25 ppg). The Broncos, of course, also played us hard on defense.

* Chiefs offense actually scored 23 + 7 off a pick-6
** Chiefs offense actually scored 44 + 7 off a strip returned for 7

This is all you need to know. We are scoring more points, many more points, than any of our opposition's average. I don't care how good the defense is...we are going to put up 30. My biggest fear is playing a good offense (see: NE and LA). It just means that we have to score on 9/10 possessions. Which sucks.

Seriously, though, is anyone here really scared of the Ravens defense?