ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Who needs some work? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320081)

lewdog 01-04-2019 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14005583)
I thought weekends was prime hours for you Juggalos?

I keep my weekends free for your mom.

lewdog 01-04-2019 07:56 PM

Bump

eDave 01-15-2019 01:28 PM

Technician requests have gone out to the following TEKsystems recruiting offices:

TEK Office | TECH Route
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA | CED Tech A
CENTRAL IL, IL | CENT Tech A
INDIANAPOLIS, IN | INDY Tech A
KANSAS CITY, KS | KC Tech A
MINNEAPOLIS, MN | MINNY Tech A
OMAHA, NE | OMA Tech A
ST. LOUIS, MO | STL Tech A

My recommendation is to hand deliver your resume directly to the recruiting office in your area, specify that you are submitting for the Casey's General Stores EMV Upgrade project.

Jennifer O'Neill is my Logistics Coordinator so she put the request out for me so toss her name out there. We are forgoing background checks and interviews so make your resume fit the instructions I sent to those who expressed interest.

BleedingRed 01-15-2019 01:31 PM

PoS device? or PoS Software?

Just interested, had to deal with plenty of PoS Vendors who are ****ing morons when it comes to IT Infrastructure.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 01:32 PM

It's about freaking time Casey's upgrade their POS systems.

eDave 01-15-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14041224)
PoS device? or PoS Software?

Just interested, had to deal with plenty of PoS Vendors who are ****ing morons when it comes to IT Infrastructure.

Physical device work -> firmware upgrade -> connect to domain.

eDave 01-15-2019 02:30 PM

I have 3 windows to do the upgrades:

8am to 11am
1pm to 4 pm
6pm to 9pm

I do not expect you to work into the 3rd window as the majority of these sites are 1 hour to complete. But it is there if needed.

I do expect you to start at 8 AM. I cannot allow you to work swing hours on your own. The order you run your route doesn’t matter so you have some freedom in that. But they do need to be done on the day scheduled.

I only have 1 coordinator for this project so I can't make to many accommodations here. I offer a 4h minimum guarantee for all scheduled days. Meaning, if on a given day there is only a few sites to do and you do them in 2h's, you get paid for 4.

Hit me up at davbarry@teksystems.com if you want to see the instructions/requirements.

I realize this post most likely will get lost in all the Chiefs hype so I'll bump it periodically so everyone gets a chance to see it.

eDave 01-15-2019 02:40 PM

Also, we are bringing on two more eDave's real quick. Any fellow Project Managers here interested in checking out the opportunity? Location don't matter, work 100% from home.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14041501)
Also, we are bringing on two more eDave's real quick. Any fellow Project Managers here interested in checking out the opportunity? Location don't matter, work 100% from home.

I definitely would have been if my severance had gone through. It didn't though and I'm going to be staying put for now.

BleedingRed 01-15-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14041237)
Physical device work -> firmware upgrade -> connect to domain.

See isn't that easy!@

Alot of them want to stick sub par ****ing networking shit because they want their equipment to be on "own network" like VLAN doesn't exist or something.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14041620)
See isn't that easy!@

Alot of them want to stick sub par ****ing networking shit because they want their equipment to be on "own network" like VLAN doesn't exist or something.

With retail and service, it's often about cheap connectivity, which means broadband. With Casey's in particular, based out of Ankeny, Iowa, they are in thousands of small towns without adequate broadband. It's one of the most painful things to deal with as a network service provider. Not much is worse.

BleedingRed 01-15-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14041634)
With retail and service, it's often about cheap connectivity, which means broadband. With Casey's in particular, based out of Ankeny, Iowa, they are in thousands of small towns without adequate broadband. It's one of the most painful things to deal with as a network service provider. Not much is worse.

5G will change everything

htismaqe 01-15-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14041643)
5G will change everything

It is certainly poised to. Coverage is still going to be an issue, though, at least for a while. And especially in a lot of the areas Casey's serves.

On another note, you know what is funny about these markets? It's basically CenturyLink and Mediacom, especially in the larger population centers. There's also an ILEC here that was the holdings of GTE, prior to the Verizon merger.

And then you have Iowa's 175 or so independent telephone companies. While many areas around here struggle to get adequate DSL or cable, I have 100Mbit ethernet over fiber to my house, despite the fact that I live about a mile from town, and despite the fact that the largest town my telco serves has 1100 people. :)

eDave 01-16-2019 09:58 AM

Bump for visibility

threebag 01-16-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14005713)
I keep my weekends free for your mom.

Weekends are scary. You doing any sword fighting when your time slots overlap?