ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV The Greatest Movie Franchises of All Time - Western Division Round 1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322273)

kysirsoze 04-12-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14204034)
Fast and Furious is going to lose the the friggen Hangover franchise?

Man...that's a travesty.

Look, The F&F films aren't Citizen Kane, but that's pretty much par for the course in ANY film franchise. Maybe 20% of those have any real artistic merit. The rest are Rambo.

But that franchise has gotten better as it's gone along, it's staying power has been incredible and only a couple of them are true clunkers out of, what, 8?

The Hangover, OTOH, is one good movie and two pieces of complete shit. The 3rd movie was especially terrible. Building an entire damn movie around Chow? Lord that was a terrible decision.

I just.....man I don't get that one at all.

This is true. I mean I don't this F&F is final four material, but losing to the Hangover is crazy. REALLY not making this a race thing, but the CP demo isn't what has made F&F a box office juggernaut. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Rain Man 04-12-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14204498)
This is true. I mean I don't this F&F is final four material, but losing to the Hangover is crazy. REALLY not making this a race thing, but the CP demo isn't what has made F&F a box office juggernaut. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Is there some race thing with Fast and Furious? I never watched it because I figured they were just car chase movies, and I'm not into car chase movies.

suzzer99 04-12-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 14203486)
If you've seen the first Hangover, you've seen them all. They're practically identical.

Yeah but Alien and Die Hard are a 7-10 seed. ROFL

kysirsoze 04-12-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14204565)
Is there some race thing with Fast and Furious? I never watched it because I figured they were just car chase movies, and I'm not into car chase movies.

While popular with most people in general, it has been especially popular with black and brown people. A lot of that has been attributed to the higher level of representation in them relative to other action franchises. That's all. Nothing inherently racial about the plot or anything.

Rain Man 04-12-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14204577)
While popular with most people in general, it has been especially popular with black and brown people. A lot of that has been attributed to the higher level of representation in them relative to other action franchises. That's all. Nothing inherently racial about the plot or anything.

Ah, interesting. I didn't know that.

DaFace 04-13-2019 09:34 AM

This division is now closed! James Bond, Back to the Future, The Hunger Games, The Hangover, Karate Kid, Shrek, Die Hard, and Jurassic Park move on.

patteeu 04-13-2019 09:41 AM

Swept the McGuffin’s leg!

TinyEvel 04-13-2019 02:38 PM

What's with the divisions? Can I only vote in the division in which I live?

jjchieffan 04-13-2019 05:27 PM

Poll fail. Any vote that places a stupid movie like the Hangover above the babes, fast cars, and kick ass cast of the Fast and the Furious is invalid. But, then again, this is the same bunch of morons who vote Chris Farley as the best ever on SNL. I don't know why I even participate in these polls. This collective of voters have horrible taste.

Rain Man 04-13-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 14205124)

I think that's how it works. But if you travel to a different region you can vote for more than one. Just jump on a plane.

Prison Bitch 04-14-2019 10:11 AM

Die Hard

TimBone 04-14-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 14205124)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14205388)
I think that's how it works. But if you travel to a different region you can vote for more than one. Just jump on a plane.

Well, I've screwed this thing up, then. I've only been voting in the division in which I have watched those particular movies while living in that region.

patteeu 04-14-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 14205897)
Well, I've screwed this thing up, then. I've only been voting in the division in which I have watched those particular movies while living in that region.

:eek: