ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think I might be in love with Dan Sorensen. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328314)

Shaid 10-29-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15284230)
Sorenson ran a 4.67.

The league average is 4.62.

He's average. Not slow.

Sorenson is a finished product. He's a solid player. He's the 3rd safety on the team. Does being a 3rd safety on your team mean he's average? Probably. He's smart and instinctual and he makes some plays. I think he's a perfect 3rd safety, I just don't this he has the upside to be your top guy. That's my opinion and yes, I am a Dirty Dan fan.

Shaid 10-29-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15284299)
Just admit you made an extremely racist statement and move on, you racist.

No I didn't you pile of shit. If you read it that way then maybe you're the racist.

htismaqe 10-29-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 15284304)
Sorenson is a finished product. He's a solid player. He's the 3rd safety on the team. Does being a 3rd safety on your team mean he's average? Probably. He's smart and instinctual and he makes some plays. I think he's a perfect 3rd safety, I just don't this he has the upside to be your top guy. That's my opinion and yes, I am a Dirty Dan fan.

He's been in the league for 7 years. Why would upside even enter the conversation?

Buehler445 10-29-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15283917)
Dan Sorenson ran a 4.67 40. .02 seconds faster than Kam Chancellor at 4.69.

According to CBS Sports, the average 40 time for safeties in the NFL is 4.62.

Agree. But he’s 30. It’s not outside the realm of possibility that he’s lost a step. Even at 4.67 I don’t want him chasing WRs. *cough*SUTTON YOU MOTHER****ER*cough cough cough*

Shaid 10-29-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15284315)
He's been in the league for 7 years. Why would upside even enter the conversation?

It's not, he's a finished product. A perfect 3rd safety and solid player. Upside is related to 40 speed. If he's average athletically, then he's probably average. Unless he has off the charts instincts or leadership or some other item. If you are just an average athlete, that's likely your upside.

Rain Man 10-29-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15284326)
Agree. But he’s 30. It’s not outside the realm of possibility that he’s lost a step. Even at 4.67 I don’t want him chasing WRs. *cough*SUTTON YOU MOTHER****ER*cough cough cough*

Sutton wouldn't have Sorensen do that. Sutton had Justin Houston to do that.

R Clark 10-29-2020 11:48 AM

He plays a role on this team and does a damn good job of it most of the time

lcarus 10-29-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15284315)

He's pretty solid as a 30 year old. But just think how good he could be by the time he's 35!!@!

chop 10-29-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 15283859)
He's not as fast and strong as other players at his position so he needs to rely on his brain and instincts more.

Do you consider Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith athletes?

Shaid 10-29-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop (Post 15284342)
Do you consider Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith athletes?

Jerry, no. I don't remember him outrunning guys, he did get great separation but that was my earlier days watching football and I just loved watching him play so I'm not sure if that was quickness, just running great routes, or just that the offense was different and defenses weren't set up to stop it the same way.

I'm not sure on Emmitt. I think with him it was more spins and moves, similar to Clyde. Clyde is a guy I'd say is sort of a workout warrior. It doesn't translate to speed but he has great lateral agility. Is that related to working out? Not sure. I do think it helps his strength which makes him not go down so easy which is important because he's so small. Small and slow doesn't usually spell first round talent, but his lateral agility and balance are great. Emmitt had moves and balance from what I remember, I don't remember his speed.