ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley to be the OC of a high school team (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329289)

stevieray 02-14-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14795457)
named Braden.

LMAO

KCTitus 02-14-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14795499)
I don't buy that he tanked on purpose except for the Jets game where he looked like he had finally given up. Haley gets blamed for throwing palko out there. But keep in mind that the reason palko was #2 is because Pioli refused to put a backup qb on the roster who would dare threaten cassels starting job. Haley did ask for different backups and was denied.

And I don't think 8-8 is the best he could have done. He led a 9-7 team behind shitty Matt Cassel, a qb he didn't want. Our defense and running game during those years were good enough that we could have been decent with a simple qb change.

But yeah, he's earned his way out of the NFL. And he's probably at best an average coach. But I really buy into the idea that our problems were a hell of a lot more about Pioli than they were haley.

Marty lost the team, Gunther lost the team, Haley lost the team, Crennel never had the team...regardless the front office, you lose the team, it's over as it should be.

I dont absolve Pioli of anything, I just dont remember anything good about those seasons with or without Haley.

Frazod 02-14-2020 11:46 AM

Two weeks ago the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, yet here we are, all bunged up over shit Todd Haley did 10 years ago.

I love this place. LMAO

rabblerouser 02-14-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14795587)
Two weeks ago the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, yet here we are, all bunged up over shit Todd Haley did 10 years ago.

I love this place. LMAO

It is officially the offseason.

Kiimo 02-14-2020 11:55 AM

Haley coached the most depressing era of Chiefs football since Frank Gansz so

Demonpenz 02-14-2020 11:55 AM

Haley in an Interview.

Welp....my team was completely murder free when I was coach

AD:HIRED!

Megatron96 02-14-2020 12:31 PM

My ire for Haley is gone now. I hope he finds success and happiness in whatever he pursues going forward. And I hope he turns that HS team into an absolute juggernaut!

RunKC 02-14-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14795238)
Derrick Johnson was a chronic underachiever until Haley benched him and challenged his manhood.

Dwayne Bowe was shit before and after Haley.

Haley screamed Matt Cassel to 27 TD throws and 7 INTs, which actually resembles an NFL QB on paper...

Haley won the division in 2010 and had the team in contention to win in 2011 when he was fired. It was a "disaster" because of Pioli. The 2012 season, the season after Haley left, is the worst season in Chiefs history.

Looking at it in context, one understands that Haley actually made chicken salad out of total chickenshit, and it looks as if his heavy handed "my way or the highway" was what was needed at the time. Romeo "Play Good Football" Crennell won exactly 3 games with the same team after he took over.

Haley is an asshole that nobody likes. The Chiefs got sick of it, the Steelers got sick of it and the Browns got sick of it. Looks like the other 29 teams said “nah we good”.

If he was a great coach he’d still be in the NFL

chiefzilla1501 02-14-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 14795584)
Marty lost the team, Gunther lost the team, Haley lost the team, Crennel never had the team...regardless the front office, you lose the team, it's over as it should be.

I dont absolve Pioli of anything, I just dont remember anything good about those seasons with or without Haley.

Haley lost himself which led to him losing the team. You'll recall that the bears and Pittsburgh game with Tyler palko, it was probably the hardest we've ever seen this team play. We beat the bears and almost beat Pittsburgh by some miracle. We had an outstanding running game even with 8 in the box and a solid defense, and bowe was at the top of his game. And they all played really tough. It's interesting to think about what we could have done with a different qb, and that's fair to ask because haley flat out did not want the qb he was handcuffed to.

chiefzilla1501 02-14-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14795690)
Haley is an asshole that nobody likes. The Chiefs got sick of it, the Steelers got sick of it and the Browns got sick of it. Looks like the other 29 teams said “nah we good”.

If he was a great coach he’d still be in the NFL

Meh, I don't buy that. The browns and chiefs were on another level of dysfunctional. Haley acted like an absolute child so he earned his way out of the NFL. But it's not the same as Pittsburgh. The rooneys didn't really want to get rid of him.

scho63 02-14-2020 01:42 PM

Now Paul Wiggin, he was a coaches coach

Iconic 02-14-2020 01:48 PM

amazing. karma does exist.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-14-2020 01:54 PM

Just an absolute abomination as an NFL head coach. Dude had more home blowout losses than the rest of all Chiefs coaches in history COMBINED

Kman34 02-14-2020 01:55 PM

I would think he would be able to get on a NFL staff if he wanted to... Even if it was a receivers coach.. but maybe he burned those bridges... this job can’t pay that much.. would think he would be set with money though but who knows..

Rasputin 02-14-2020 02:06 PM

Yet Herm Edwards coaches Arizona State University.