ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Independence Center brawl (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335929)

Deberg_1990 01-04-2021 05:16 PM

This was outside in the parking lot. More than 30 shots fired. Wow

Authorities are investigating a shooting in a parking lot outside Independence Center Monday afternoon.

Police said an officer was patrolling the parking lot and heard multiple gunshots fired.

Advertisement
Investigators said people in two vehicles were firing shots at each other.

Authorities said one person in one of the vehicles was shot in the head. The victim's condition was described as non-life-threatening.

Police said they are looking for the second vehicle involved in the shooting. It was described as a dirty, black Chrysler 300.

Authorities said more than 30 shots were fired in the incident.

Police said they do have some people in custody in connection with the shooting.

On New Year's Eve, a teenager was shot in the leg inside the mall.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/authori...enter/35121608

stanleychief 01-04-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15443506)
some old guy told me independence used to be nice in the 80s

all american city i was rated per wikipedia at one point

now tons of poor broke whyppl

I lived near the mall when I was in middle school in the 80s. It was ok, but nothing to write home about. I recall that there were nice areas and rough areas in town. Lakewood was nice back then, but that was in Lee's Summit. The shopping and dining options around the mall are nicer today than they were in the 80s. Not sure what it is like being an Independence resident now.

alpha_omega 01-04-2021 05:23 PM

I'd say the victim is quite lucky.

notorious 01-04-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15443764)
Authorities said one person in one of the vehicles was shot in the head. The victim's condition was described as non-life-threatening.

What was daquix doing in KC?

Titty Meat 01-04-2021 06:04 PM

I haven't been there in 20 years but it's really bad when shit like this happens and the mall gets a reputation for it. Doesnt end well (Indian Springs, Bannister Mall, Etc.)

notorious 01-04-2021 06:06 PM

This reminds me of a TV show I saw years ago.

A millionaire wanted to buy property so he hired a bunch of teen thugs to **** shit up at a business and drive the property value down.

It worked.

Halfcan 01-04-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15443506)
some old guy told me independence used to be nice in the 80s

all american city i was rated per wikipedia at one point

now tons of poor broke whyppl

https://www.nationalcivicleague.org/.../past-winners/

Independence (1961, 1982, 2001)

Randallflagg 01-04-2021 06:11 PM

The Wife and I were there back (way back!) when there was a Luby's in that place. We ate there after a day of shopping at santacaligon, back in the day. Haven't been there since. Apparently, unless you are carrying, it is probably best to stay away. :thumb:

Wouldn't be the least surprised to see the mall close down before long....what is this now? 5-10 of these asshole shootings and "brawls" now?

Valiant 01-04-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15443855)
I haven't been there in 20 years but it's really bad when shit like this happens and the mall gets a reputation for it. Doesnt end well (Indian Springs, Bannister Mall, Etc.)

Yeah. The city and pd are going to have to go nuclear option on the kids. This it literally how bannister went down. Had the police in towers.

Kids and parents will need charged and independence prosecutors will need to find their sacks. Besides blaming the kids and parents, this is also on the government for being so soft on criminals. They don't fear shit there.

Deberg_1990 01-04-2021 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 15443885)
They don't fear shit there.

Yep. Apparently not. With all the media attention this has gotten, beefed up security, and stricter mall policies....and kids still went out there today and were not afraid of shooting at each other.

:facepalm:

Halfcan 01-04-2021 06:29 PM

Thugs shoot each other in the parking lot. CLOSE THE MALL!!!

Randallflagg 01-04-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15443896)

Hmm....Well, when all your customers have left from fear of (a) getting the daylights beaten out of them or (b) shot at in the parking lot - well, there isn't much left rather than to close the doors.

Unless mall management and the local cops get their act together, closing is a distinct possibility, wouldn't you agree? :shrug:

Deberg_1990 01-04-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15443896)

Closing doesn’t solve anything. Just hurts the local economy.

Halfcan 01-04-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15443914)
Closing doesn’t solve anything. Just hurts the local economy.

Exactly, the Center has already been struggling. Sears and Applebees were two of the biggest ones that closed recently.

A friend owned the Merry-Go-Round that was on the concourse. The new owners gave them the boot after 20 years and closed the Children's playland. It was a terrible move. They brought in more video games to attract teens, which also brought problems since the City has been closed down.

That area has a large Police presence- it is a dumb idea to start trouble there unless you want to get caught.

Deberg_1990 01-04-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15443935)
Exactly, the Center has already been struggling. Sears and Applebees were two of the biggest ones that closed recently.

A friend owned the Merry-Go-Round that was on the concourse. The new owners gave them the boot after 20 years and closed the Children's playland. It was a terrible move. They brought in more video games to attract teens, which also brought problems since the City has been closed down.

That area has a large Police presence- it is a dumb idea to start trouble there unless you want to get caught.

That’s too bad. That was a nice little family area there with the merry go round.