ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life RIP Takeoff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345851)

ClevelandBronco 11-02-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16572308)
The rap scene does have way more murders than any other mainstream musical genre.

It is just a fact.

Yeah. I mean, it’s gotta happen at least twice as often in rap as it does in the contemporary Christian genre. Maybe even more.

ToxSocks 11-02-2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16572205)
True, but there was something there. Offset is like a cousin or something, IIRC.

Not totally sure on Offset's family relation. But Takeoff is Quavo's nephew/best friend IIRC.

And allegedly Offset got out BECAUSE of the dealing with the record label and wanted no part of it.

Which is why he wasn't there. And also why there's this alleged rift between them.

Migos was getting ****ed hard by "Mob Ties" which is why Offeset got out and "broke up the band" so to speak.

Pablo 11-02-2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 16572324)
Yeah. I mean, it’s gotta happen at least twice as often in rap as it does in the contemporary Christian genre. Maybe even more.

It would make the contemporary Christian genre far more interesting if they upped those numbers. Maybe a drive by crucifying or two would get some buzz out there on the streets

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-02-2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16572310)
Norwegian Black Metal has a few. They like to burn churches too. ROFL

It is a messed up genre.

ToxSocks 11-02-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16572065)
The most cliché thing in music happens, a rapper being shot and killed, and people want to get mad about some people making fun of it?

I feel as sorry for this guy as I do the rock stars who OD on drugs or booze.

Its just what they do.

Sure, but again, to clarify, this isn't just "some rapper". This is an "A" list rapper, someone with some actual pull. Not some gang banger who raps.

This is more akin to a celebrity death than another dead rapper.

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-02-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 16572333)
It would make the contemporary Christian genre far more interesting if they upped those numbers. Maybe a drive by crucifying or two would get some buzz out there on the streets

Unless they used a nail gun, a drive by crucifixion would be hard to pull off.

Marcellus 11-02-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16572224)
Well that settles it because he was a rapper just standing around he deserved to die haha man that's hilarious

Not surprised you are too reeruned to not know the difference between saying you don't feel sorry for someone dying and feeling they "deserved" to die.

The more you STFU the smarter you seem.

Dante84 11-02-2022 02:34 PM

Takeoff's verse at 3:24

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rTjUVQ9BDZY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ToxSocks 11-02-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 16572354)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rTjUVQ9BDZY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ive got a number of their songs on my playlist, and certainly this one.

Titty Meat 11-02-2022 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16572347)
Not surprised you are too reeruned to not know the difference between saying you don't feel sorry for someone dying and feeling they "deserved" to die.

The more you STFU the smarter you seem.

Ok racist

Demonpenz 11-02-2022 06:06 PM

i can't imagine a life where you wake up and magoos is your favorite rapper

ToxSocks 11-02-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 16572724)
i can't imagine a life where you wake up and magoos is your favorite rapper

"I can't imagine a life in which one of the most successful and influential rap groups of the modern era is someone's favorite rap group" is about the dumbest shit i've read in this thread.

Rain Man 11-02-2022 06:14 PM

I feel like being killed at a bowling alley is probably humiliating for a rapper. If I had a vendetta against a rapper, I'd probably drive him to a mini golf course to kill him.

TwistedChief 11-02-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16572731)
"I can't imagine a life in which one of the most successful and influential rap groups of the modern era is someone's favorite rap group" is about the dumbest shit i've read in this thread.

We've basically learned from this thread that many of our fellow CPers view any rapper as essentially being vintage NWA chiming in about bitches and money.

Demonpenz 11-02-2022 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
RIP