ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314951)

BossChief 04-24-2018 10:26 PM

I’d say identify the guys you have in group a at cb in this draft and once it gets down to 2 of that group left, move up.

Let’s go get a guy that can help match up against top level nfl WRs.

The kind of WRs they have in Pittsburgh, Houston and other AFC playoff teams.

That’s all that should matter to anyone here.

Those playoff matchups.

Rausch 04-24-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13529992)
exactly, we are in the dark just spitballing varied options that are halfway crazy since we don't truly know how aggressive he is, and his long term model for draft seasons.

He was only promoted after the draft and he had very little he could do to improve the team his way. All that left him with was a preseason of FA's, some trades during the season, and the FA period up to this point.

Veach might be conservative in the draft - we don't know.

What we do know is if he disagreed in how Dorsey was doing things last year he had very few options in how he could make changes. This offseason he's got everything open to him...

Simply Red 04-24-2018 10:39 PM

what's the consensus around CP? Are most wanting to trade up, no, yes...? Stay where we are?

I'm not sure how I feel (the more I think about it) I think I'm leaning toward staying where we are.

Guys lets be sure we're in Chat on Thurs night, if you can. It'd be nice to see you all there.

Rausch 04-24-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13530017)
I’d say identify the guys you have in group a at cb in this draft and once it gets down to 2 of that group left, move up.

Let’s go get a guy that can help match up against top level nfl WRs.

The kind of WRs they have in Pittsburgh, Houston and other AFC playoff teams.

That’s all that should matter to anyone here.

Those playoff matchups.

It's a lot easier to land one more quality pass rusher than it is to land two more CB's and a SS to solidify the secondary.

You don't need stellar corners if you have a legit pass rush (meaning more than Houston alone.)

Simply Red 04-24-2018 10:44 PM

I said it before - I'll say it again - don't underestimate the additions of Fuller and Hitchens - Even factoring in MPs departure.

Rausch 04-24-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13530026)
I said it before - I'll say it again - don't underestimate the additions of Fuller and Hitchens - Even factoring in MPs departure.

I think they're very significant.

I don't think they're enough by themselves though.

I think as we are right now our defense will be better than last year. That said "better than last year" is not the same as good...

Buckweath 04-25-2018 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13530050)
I think they're very significant.

I don't think they're enough by themselves though.

I think as we are right now our defense will be better than last year. That said "better than last year" is not the same as good...

I personnally think the defense is not far a way from being a good unit, possibly a top 10 unit.

I really like the LB corps.

You just draft a top CB and a decent DL and safety (or FA in this case) and I think you have the making of a top 15 defense, potentially top 10.

Buckweath 04-25-2018 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13530026)

Fuller is basically replacing Peters.

For me, it is a combination of adding Hitchens plus ascending players like Jones, Ragland, Kpassagnon and possibly Ford that make me feel good about the defense and the fact that Veach got rid of players on the decline.

Xavier Williams is a unknown but surely he can't be worse than Logan last year who was not bad but really nothing special.

Chiefshrink 04-25-2018 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13530023)
what's the consensus around CP? Are most wanting to trade up, no, yes...? Stay where we are?

I'm not sure how I feel (the more I think about it) I think I'm leaning toward staying where we are.

Guys lets be sure we're in Chat on Thurs night, if you can. It'd be nice to see you all there.

Depends on how the board falls and this will determine what Veach will do.

Veach has his targeted guys for sure. He may trade up, stay put or even trade down a few spots to acquire more picks because the value and quality is not where he wants it to be at 54 and because the draft's sweet spot is between 75-150 it only makes sense to acquire more picks to build the roster especially if a King's ransom of picks is offered.

Veach has several plans/teams targeted in place for however the board falls as he should.:hmmm::thumb:

Chargem 04-25-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13530109)
Depends on how the board falls and this will determine what Veach will do.

Veach has his targeted guys for sure. He may trade up, stay put or even trade down a few spots to acquire more picks because the value and quality is not where he wants it to be at 54 and because the draft's sweet spot is between 75-150 it only makes sense to acquire more picks to build the roster especially if a King's ransom of picks is offered.

Veach has several plans/teams targeted in place for however the board falls as he should.:hmmm::thumb:

There was a 2 hour Chiefs draft podcast someone posted in Saccopoo and it mentioned trading down from 54 with Houston for the 68th and 98th picks. That could be great in my opinion.

Chris Meck 04-25-2018 06:59 PM

I mean...we've got 2 new corners, an all-pro safety that missed all season returning, one new excellent ILB to pair with an ascending young ILB, a new NT. That's already a lot of turnover. If they suck, it should at least be a different flavor of suck at least.

Chief Roundup 04-26-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13530022)
He was only promoted after the draft and he had very little he could do to improve the team his way. All that left him with was a preseason of FA's, some trades during the season, and the FA period up to this point.

Veach might be conservative in the draft - we don't know.

What we do know is if he disagreed in how Dorsey was doing things last year he had very few options in how he could make changes. This offseason he's got everything open to him...

Veach has stated he will be aggressive.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-26-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13531931)
Veach has stated he will be aggressive.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

The aggression is almost too much.

ct 04-26-2018 09:51 PM

still several to move up, and i’m good to sit tight honestly.

davis, oliver, jackson (both of em), reid (safety), yiadom

staylor26 04-26-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13533809)
The aggression is almost too much.

Yea...for my cock to handle

RunKC 04-26-2018 09:55 PM

Harold Landry. WTF happened with this guy?

Mother****erJones 04-26-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13533998)
Harold Landry. WTF happened with this guy?

Medicals

RealSNR 04-26-2018 10:01 PM

Trade up. Offer a 3rd and a 7th. Draft Josh Jackson.

Profit, mother****er.

O.city 04-26-2018 10:02 PM

Jackson more of a zone corner?

RealSNR 04-26-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13534016)
Jackson more of a zone corner?

What? No, not at all.

Long arms and size. 40 time wasn't the greatest. Just because he's a ballhawk doesn't mean he's an ideal fit in the zone.

He's perfect for KC.

BossChief 04-26-2018 10:14 PM

JJ is falling because he’s a 1 year starter, didn’t run a fast 40 and has questions about his backpedal.

He has the tools to play in this system and be a similar ball hawk as Peters was.

RunKC 04-26-2018 10:19 PM

Brett Veach said he had dialogue with teams from 27-31. Not mad he held back.

O.city 04-26-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13534025)
What? No, not at all.

Long arms and size. 40 time wasn't the greatest. Just because he's a ballhawk doesn't mean he's an ideal fit in the zone.

He's perfect for KC.

They were all talking about it on nfl network I wasn’t sure

O.city 04-26-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13534052)
Brett Veach said he had dialogue with teams from 27-31. Not mad he held back.

Just was so far to move up would have cost a lot

The Franchise 04-26-2018 10:21 PM

Jackson or Davis. Or Reid.

O.city 04-26-2018 10:22 PM

Yeah I would like Reid I think more than a corner at 54

BryanBusby 04-26-2018 10:24 PM

Thursday was very favorable. I wouldn't move up.

I'm feeling we can land Josh Jackson at 54.

BossChief 04-26-2018 10:35 PM

Interesting that Baltimore moves up to 32 by using pick 52, 125 and next years 2.

They took almost exactly what I said I thought it would take to move down.

I wonder if Veach offered 54, 122 and next years 2.

RunKC 04-26-2018 10:39 PM

Veach said he thinks he knows how the first 10 picks of day 2 will go.

From his presser, it seems to me like he doesn’t want to trade much to move up. I think he knows a lot of TE’s and RB’s will be taken early pushing his guys down the board even further.

BossChief 04-26-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13534069)
Thursday was very favorable. I wouldn't move up.

I'm feeling we can land Josh Jackson at 54.

He will end up in Denver

Mother****erJones 04-26-2018 10:43 PM

Lots of value for KC tomorrow.

Mother****erJones 04-26-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13534086)
He will end up in Denver

Like Darnold was going one because Haslam sat with his parents at his pro day?

BossChief 04-26-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13534090)
Like Darnold was going one because Haslam sat with his parents at his pro day?

Daniel Jeremiah said the same thing afterwards.

Tribal Warfare 04-26-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13534089)
Lots of value for KC tomorrow.

I was correct about the bidding war

BossChief 04-26-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13534123)
I was correct about the bidding war

What?

Baltimore moved up for less than market value and using a pick next year as a huge chunk of the compensation.

Tribal Warfare 04-26-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13534126)
What?

Baltimore moved up for less than market value and using a pick next year as a huge chunk of the compensation.

Exactly in the 1st round

BryanBusby 04-26-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13534091)
Daniel Jeremiah said the same thing afterwards.

He sure was wrong.

Teams are legit terrified over Josh Jackson. He wouldn't be the first Iowa DB to drop like a rock.

htismaqe 04-27-2018 12:15 AM

I watched nearly every snap Jackson played and I've been watching Iowa football pretty much every game since Ferentz arrived. Jackson is a playmaker but the concerns about him being able to play press man are founded. The simple fact is that as Boss said, he only started for 1 year and Iowa asks it's CBs to play off the ball and react, keeping the ball in front of them at all times. It's entirely possible he has the physical ability to play in the Chiefs scheme but the people that are concerned about whether or not he can aren't wrong. We simply don't know how well he can press because he wasn't really ever asked to do it.

Simply Red 04-27-2018 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13534151)
I watched nearly every snap Jackson played and I've been watching Iowa football pretty much every game since Ferentz arrived. Jackson is a playmaker but the concerns about him being able to play press man are founded. The simple fact is that as Boss said, he only started for 1 year and Iowa asks it's CBs to play off the ball and react, keeping the ball in front of them at all times. It's entirely possible he has the physical ability to play in the Chiefs scheme but the people that are concerned about whether or not he can aren't wrong. We simply don't know how well he can press because he wasn't really ever asked to do it.

hello there & have a nice weekend.

RealSNR 04-27-2018 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13534058)
They were all talking about it on nfl network I wasn’t sure

NFL Network praised the Bills for how they traded down in 2017 to acquire picks in 2018 so they could move up and take Josh ****ing Allen.

They're butt****ing morons half of the time.

KChiefs1 04-27-2018 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13534196)
NFL Network praised the Bills for how they traded down in 2017 to acquire picks in 2018 so they could move up and take Josh ****ing Allen.

That makes no sense.

BossChief 04-27-2018 05:58 AM

Quote:

Nice to see ya buddy.

How ya been?

booger 04-27-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13534231)
Nice to see ya buddy.

How ya been?

^
What he said, good seeing you stop by!

ct 04-27-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13534081)
Interesting that Baltimore moves up to 32 by using pick 52, 125 and next years 2.

They took almost exactly what I said I thought it would take to move down.

I wonder if Veach offered 54, 122 and next years 2.

i thought the same thing last night, you nailed that one. cept it wasnt us.

i like the depth remaining personally. we can move up to the 35-40 range for a 4th at the discount rate these trades are happening and keep both 3rds. unless youre the aints. man they got jobbed by gb.

ct 04-27-2018 07:04 AM

i think i'd take josh jackson if he's sitting there @54 but i wont move up for him.

after sleepin on it, i think i'd move up for oliver, reid, or maybe carlton davis, but nobody else in the secondary. lorenzo carter is really starting to interest me however.

1 stud edge rusher, with a CB and a S prospect and our defense will be significantly improved!! OG, DE, WR later and i'm pretty happy.

Iowanian 04-27-2018 08:00 AM

Josh Jackson is who I'd like to see if he's there at the Chiefs pick.

Stryker 04-27-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13534196)

They're butt****ing morons half of the time.

Lol! from NFL.com:

Losers

Buffalo Bills: The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills used significant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

Give Beane some credit for his conviction in Allen and talented all-around linebacker Tremaine Edmunds (taken by the Bills at No. 16 overall), who should be a tackle machine in coach Sean McDermott's system. I hope I'm wrong about Allen, because a happy Bills fanbase makes for a better NFL.

siberian khatru 04-27-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

As usual, it takes Iowa football to drag you out of hiding. :D

Don't be a stranger so much.

BryanBusby 04-27-2018 08:23 AM

The Bills are far from a complete roster and completely grenade'd its Day 2 to move up for a QB they didn't have to move up for, who will probably suck and 1 LB.

They still have a lot of holes and don't pick again until the end of today.

Mother****erJones 04-27-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13534381)
The Bills are far from a complete roster and completely grenade'd its Day 2 to move up for a QB they didn't have to move up for, who will probably suck and 1 LB.

They still have a lot of holes and don't pick again until the end of today.

The fans aren’t happy. Neither are the radio hosts

Stryker 04-27-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13534360)
Josh Jackson is who I'd like to see if he's there at the Chiefs pick.

Put me down for Harold Landry or Donte Jackson wouldn't be surprised by Dallas Goedert.

BryanBusby 04-27-2018 08:29 AM

They should be pissed.

They traded off Tyrod for peanuts and sold that city on the moon and gave them a sack of dicks.

Gutted a playoff roster to go 4-12. Makes no sense.

The Franchise 04-27-2018 08:41 AM

I thought for sure that the Bills were going to trade up for Rosen. Instead they ****ed up that pick horribly. They would have been better off trading back and drafting Jackson.

Mother****erJones 04-27-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13534390)
They should be pissed.

They traded off Tyrod for peanuts and sold that city on the moon and gave them a sack of dicks.

Yup. I’ve listened to their radio station for 2 months. I can’t believe it. Now I love the Edmunds pick. Can’t crush them for that one. That’s good value even moving up. Allen though is garbage

AndryushaCX 04-27-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 13534388)
Put me down for Harold Landry or Donte Jackson wouldn't be surprised by Dallas Goedert.

Those injury concerns are really hurting Landry. I'd take a CB like Donte or Josh Jackson over Landry. We've already got one injury-prone OLB on the roster.

Kiimo 04-27-2018 08:45 AM

Josh.

Jackson.

Do whatever it takes.

JJ first, then Marcus Peters:

Height
6'0
6'0

Bench

Vert

Broad

3 Cone

20 yd shuffle

Josh strength is causing turnovers and weaknesses is tackling. Like just...wow

BryanBusby 04-27-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13534407)
Yup. I’ve listened to their radio station for 2 months. I can’t believe it. Now I love the Edmunds pick. Can’t crush them for that one. That’s good value even moving up. Allen though is garbage

Edmunds is a nice prospect, but it won't mean shit without a QB.

MahiMike 04-27-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13529405)
I think the world of Dorsey as far as drafting goes.

Here's an article which pretends that you should diversify the risk: https://www.vox.com/2015/4/30/851600...raft-economics

I had read a different but similar article some time ago showing the virtues of collecting multiple picks.

I just hope Veach is not over-agressive because of his lack of experience as a GM.

Even when you really love a player and want to trade up for him, you should globally always look to diversify the risk because there is no such thing as a sure thing.

Hogwash. I've ALWAYS said you take 7 picks, ball them up and trade for 3 very good players that will start for your team the next 5 years.

You can get undrafted guys that end up better than rounds 5+.

Stryker 04-27-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndryushaCX (Post 13534410)
Those injury concerns are really hurting Landry. I'd take a CB like Donte or Josh Jackson over Landry. We've already got one injury-prone OLB on the roster.

Yea your right

Stryker 04-27-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13534390)
They should be pissed.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

KChiefs1 04-27-2018 10:08 PM

Fooled everyone.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-27-2018 10:17 PM

If Amerson rebounds...Look out

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13536462)
If Amerson rebounds...Look out

Would be great.

How do you feel about the picks thus far?

ct 04-28-2018 07:18 AM

member all those CBs we all hammered on in here for a couple weeks? yea, gone.

but i do like what they've done. clearly not the plan we all had here, fixing the back end, they are reinforcing the front end.

Rausch 04-28-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13534421)
Hogwash. I've ALWAYS said you take 7 picks, ball them up and trade for 3 very good players that will start for your team the next 5 years.

You can get undrafted guys that end up better than rounds 5+.

Not if Dorsey is your GM.

Have you looked at the rounds he found talent in?...

Chiefshrink 04-28-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13536448)
Fooled everyone.

Like Mayock said yesterday, Reid likes to work from the inside out. Our lack of pass rush and run stuffing was that bad of which I have always thought for the last 3yrs. And to those who say our defense was top tier in '15 and 16' just shows how that was not true except for red zone defense but that finally gave way last year. Stats can be deceiving. These picks just show how bad and concerned Reid is about our defense.

Now how can AR justify and explain his o-line lack of physicality is beyond me.:shake: