ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336223)

KChiefs1 01-11-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15469396)
I wouldn't call the Browns' running game "conventional".

The last time a team really ran the ball like they do, Marty was coaching the likes of Earnest Byner and Kevin Mack.

Exactly! :thumb:

KChiefs1 01-11-2021 04:12 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y0e19rjv8Y4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New World Order 01-11-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15469346)
This will likely be the best rushing attack we’ve faced in a long time. Honestly I’m more worried about it than the Titans simply bc Chubb and Hunt are a badass duo.

But I have a feeling Spags will stack the line and force the game into Baker’s hands which will end them. All we need is a couple of stop bc our offense is going to score at will in this one.

The defense is built to play from ahead. They will run on us but it won't be enough.

KChiefs1 01-11-2021 04:17 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/spW80boLogg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1 01-11-2021 04:24 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K34Ug7v5Tr0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1 01-11-2021 04:26 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q_FtHum-c5A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1 01-11-2021 04:28 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AnEem42l-cI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

InChiefsHeaven 01-11-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browns33 (Post 15469352)
Browns can run the ball. If we shorten the game by pounding Chubb and Hunt and a couple tipped passes go our way you never know. Chiefs haven’t been dominate for a number of weeks and Denver almost took you down this way. Should be a great game guys!

I won't even disagree with you, but I will add that the Browns defense is in no way shape or form a good match anywhere for the Chiefs offense. They have never even seen anything close to what they are about to see. I expect a valiant effort from the Browns which will end in a predictable but respectable loss to the Chiefs.

KChiefs1 01-11-2021 04:30 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hIPbC6iV0vM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Megatron96 01-11-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15469173)
The Steelers had ZERO QB hits yesterday. ****ing zero. TJ Watt absolutely no showed.

I didn't really focus on TJ, but as the game went on, I noticed a couple times that CLE's back-up OTs making some really good plays vs. TJ and company. Considering who they are, and who they were facing, I'd say they made some career-type plays.

But what helped those guys out more than anything was Stefanski's system of getting the ball out in a hurry. Baker averaged just 2.17 seconds from snap to throw for most of that game. Which can be done when playing with a big lead. He didn't have to throw that often, and he really didn't have a lot of deep throws.

Basically, Baker wasn't even giving PIT's DL a chance to get near him, he was getting rid of the ball so fast.

If I had a concern, it would be that the Browns' OL played very well against the best pass-rushing DL in the NFL, even when they brought extra blitzers. They generally picked up the blitz very well. Hopefully Spags will have some answers, but really it's going to come down to Patrick and the offense getting out to a two score lead and forcing CLE to abandon the run/PA game. Force Baker to become a pure pocket passer. That's the edge our defense is probably going to need in this one.

But when you look at that CLE defense, and how often they've given up big score totals, that's also the part of the equation I'm least concerned about. We'll score, and often. It'll look something like what we did vs. HOU in last season's playoffs. I'll be shocked if we score less than 35 points. Honestly, if we don't score at least 40 it'll be surprising.

smithandrew051 01-11-2021 04:41 PM

Browns defense:

22nd against the pass (in a division with a RB playing QB)
21st in points allowed
Middle of the league in sacks
19th in passer rating against
Middle of the league in yards per pass attempt allowed

Nothing about that makes me think they have any shot of slowing down our offense.

Yes, they can run the ball but that’s likely bringing a knife to a gun fight this week.

Mav 01-11-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15469448)
I won't even disagree with you, but I will add that the Browns defense is in no way shape or form a good match anywhere for the Chiefs offense. They have never even seen anything close to what they are about to see. I expect a valiant effort from the Browns which will end in a predictable but respectable loss to the Chiefs.

The closest thing we saw this year in all honesty was the Cowboys before Dak got hurt, and that was with everyone healthy. The truth is we do not have the speed anywhere on defense to keep up with the Chiefs. Ward is really good, but coming off Covid, he will not be much of a factor. The only chance is to force turnovers, which the Chiefs dont do, and to contain Kelce, which we have no one capable of doing. My early prediction was 42-28 Chiefs.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-11-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15469472)
I didn't really focus on TJ, but as the game went on, I noticed a couple times that CLE's back-up OTs making some really good plays vs. TJ and company. Considering who they are, and who they were facing, I'd say they made some career-type plays.

But what helped those guys out more than anything was Stefanski's system of getting the ball out in a hurry. Baker averaged just 2.17 seconds from snap to throw for most of that game. Which can be done when playing with a big lead. He didn't have to throw that often, and he really didn't have a lot of deep throws.

Basically, Baker wasn't even giving PIT's DL a chance to get near him, he was getting rid of the ball so fast.

If I had a concern, it would be that the Browns' OL played very well against the best pass-rushing DL in the NFL, even when they brought extra blitzers. They generally picked up the blitz very well. Hopefully Spags will have some answers, but really it's going to come down to Patrick and the offense getting out to a two score lead and forcing CLE to abandon the run/PA game. Force Baker to become a pure pocket passer. That's the edge our defense is probably going to need in this one.

But when you look at that CLE defense, and how often they've given up big score totals, that's also the part of the equation I'm least concerned about. We'll score, and often. It'll look something like what we did vs. HOU in last season's playoffs. I'll be shocked if we score less than 35 points. Honestly, if we don't score at least 40 it'll be surprising.

TJ and the Steelers seemed to be in quick sand. It happens to teams. I watched some of the first half and they were just no fast and seemed to have no desire to rally to the ball on D...

Mav 01-11-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 15469496)
TJ and the Steelers seemed to be in quick sand. It happens to teams. I watched some of the first half and they were just no fast and seemed to have no desire to rally to the ball on D...

They bought the hype. Lost a game they claimed to want to lose week 17 to let the Browns in, and then got torn up because the Browns wanted it more.

mr. tegu 01-11-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Browns can run the ball. If we shorten the game by pounding Chubb and Hunt and a couple tipped passes go our way you never know. Chiefs haven’t been dominate for a number of weeks and Denver almost took you down this way. Should be a great game guys!

Groundhog Day.

Marcellus 01-11-2021 04:53 PM

Lets be honest here people, Pitt shit down their leg last night and lost the game in the 1st quarter making unforced mistake after mistake after mistake.

BigRedChief 01-11-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15468244)
Because he's certifiably insane.

He claims he's a Browns fan but here's a hardcore Alex Smith fan. So he latched onto the 49ers, then the Chiefs, and now the WFT.

Ever since I saw Lenny the cool to Otis Taylor and that defense.... I was hooked. Even when we sucked for DECADES. I couldn't switch teams. I have no idea how you can do that. I wished I could have done that in the 80's.:)

htismaqe 01-11-2021 04:56 PM

It's all going to come down to whether or not the Chiefs offense executes early.

The Browns just don't have the horses on defense to stop them. Their hope is to run the ball and get into play action situations where they can go deep, like the Raiders did earlier in the year.

Just running the ball well won't be enough. They have to take the top off the defense. I don't know that they have the WR's for that but they need to make every effort to make the Chiefs play that way.

The problem is that if the Chiefs score early and get a lead, it takes Cleveland right out of their offensive game plan. Cleveland probably can't win a pure shootout.

493rd 01-11-2021 04:59 PM

How many teams win NFL football games when they turn the ball over 5 times like Pittsburgh did last night? As long as we don’t get sloppy with the football I can’t see Cleveland being able to stop us enough to win the game.

Why Not? 01-11-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Congrats on the win last night! You're probably going to be treated well here since all of us former AFC fodder teams for the Pats, Steelers, Colts and Broncos (and I guess the Ravens) have something in common. And you don't seem like some of the douchey Saints, Niners, and Bills fans we've dealt with over the past year.

That being said, the Browns realistically will need to score at least 35 points to have a shot in this game. I'm going to go ahead and assume the Chiefs will not turn the ball over 5 times. Not sure I see a path to 35 for y'all without that.

Mav 01-11-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15469515)
Ever since I saw Lenny the cool to Otis Taylor and that defense.... I was hooked. Even when we sucked for DECADES. I couldn't switch teams. I have no idea how you can do that. I wished I could have done that in the 80's.:)

The best thing is to not always believe everything you read, and to always consider the source. The only accurate part he got, was that i am insane. Ill own that one.

htismaqe 01-11-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15469531)
The best thing is to not always believe everything you read, and to always consider the source. The only accurate part he got, was that i am insane. Ill own that one.

I'm the source, numbnuts.

You're an Alex Smith fan girl. Everybody knows it, so own it.

BigRedChief 01-11-2021 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Browns33 http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/image...s/viewpost.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you name me a team that successfully ran the ball and beat the Chiefs? This is a misconception.

Rush 4, get some pressure, play 7 in coverage. Thats called great defense, not a recipe to beat the Chiefs. San Fran did it the best its ever been done to us and they still lost by double digits.

They are not dominate because they are bored with winning or something. They can turn it up to 100% at any time. Then, no one can touch them.

Mav 01-11-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15469534)
I'm the source, numbnuts.

You're an Alex Smith fan girl. Everybody knows it, so own it.

I said what i said. Youre an irrational bitch who coat tails off of what other people say to make a point. You have zero factual info that i ever supported WFT, i didnt, and dont. So, i mean just with that being said, youre a walking piece of shit, and you wont get any more replies out of me. Be well sweet cheeks.

htismaqe 01-11-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15469544)
I said what i said. Youre an irrational bitch who coat tails off of what other people say to make a point. You have zero factual info that i ever supported WFT, i didnt, and dont. So, i mean just with that being said, youre a walking piece of shit, and you wont get any more replies out of me. Be well sweet cheeks.

ROFL

Exactly the response I expected. You know what you are, you just can't handle the truth.

chiefzilla1501 01-11-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15469448)

The only hope they have is that Joe woods knows the Chiefs well. And he pulls a unicorn performance like Oakland and atlanta (Sutton). But I really doubt he can scheme around the lack of talent let alone Andy Reid having 3 weeks to plan for this game.

Dartgod 01-11-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

So do we.

Oh shit, did I say that out loud?

Megatron96 01-11-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Hey, another Browns troll! Hiya, Browns Troll!

Now, EAT AN AIDS PIE AND DIE.

Or something like that. That means "hello" to trolls here in CP.

Anyway, relying on T/Os is probably not really a recipe for success. Patrick isn't Big Ben. He isn't going to give you multiple tipped passes/INTs and a bunch of short fields. If you're really, really, really lucky he might give you one.

Maybe.

And while Chubb and Hunt might be able to go off, Spags probably isn't going to allow that to happen. Spags and the KC defense has put the brakes on the best rushing attacks in the NFL over the last two seasons, most particularly in the playoffs, so it's unlikely the game will be decided by the CLE running attack.

The most critical piece of this game will be how the Browns' defense matches up with KC's offense. And there's just no contest there. Your best player is Garrett, but he doesn't have a complementary DL player to take some of the attention with Vernon gone, and your best CB (D. Ward) is returning from a bout with COVD.

Even if he were healthy and had never gotten the bug, let's be brutally honest: he was never going to be good enough to stop Hill. Or Watkins 1v1. So safety help over the top vs. Hill, and then how to defend Kelce.

Again, CLE doesn't have anyone that's going to single up on Kelce, so it has to be some kind of double. But CLE doesn't have any LBs or Ss that are going to cover Travis, and Kelce is the king of beating doubles. So good luck with that.

But the reality is that after committing 4 players to stop those two, CLE still has to stop Watkins, who is a master of beating man/zone both, D. Robinson, who's a big, fast, physical receiver, and Hardman, and there's simply no CLE DBs that can cover those guys.

And we haven't even gotten to how CLE stops our running game. Or our passing game to our RBs.

The truth is, the last time KC faced a defense about on the same level as CLE's, was the Jets, and we hung 35 on them before the end of 3rd quarter, and simply stopped trying to score.

Once CLE puts together a respectable defense, and Stefanski finds another legit WR threat, CLE will be a solid contender. I've even bet another CPer that next season the Browns will win 10+ games and I think I bet that they'll go to the playoffs again next season.

But this is not CLE's year. You're a couple years early.

But welcome to the playoffs. It's been a very long time coming, and most of us are happy for your team and Browns' fans.

Now, drink AIDS piss, or something.

EDIT: Sorry, sorry. That was supposed to be 'drink aids anti-freeze.' my bad.

Why Not? 01-11-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15469564)

Anyway, relying on T/Os is probably not really a recipe for success. Patrick isn't Big Ben. He isn't going to give you multiple tipped passes/INTs and a bunch of short fields. If you're really, really, really lucky he might give you one.

Maybe.

And while Chubb and Hunt might be able to go off, Spags probably isn't going to allow that to happen. Spags and the KC defense has put the brakes on the best rushing attacks in the NFL over the last two seasons, most particularly in the playoffs, so it's unlikely the game will be decided by the CLE running attack.

The most critical piece of this game will be how the Browns' defense matches up with KC's offense. And there's just no contest there. Your best player is Garrett, but he doesn't have a complementary DL player to take some of the attention with Vernon gone, and your best CB (D. Ward) is returning from a bout with COVD.

Even if he were healthy and had never gotten the bug, let's be brutally honest: he was never going to be good enough to stop Hill. Or Watkins 1v1. So safety help over the top vs. Hill, and then how to defend Kelce.

Again, CLE doesn't have anyone that's going to single up on Kelce, so it has to be some kind of double. But CLE doesn't have any LBs or Ss that are going to cover Travis, and Kelce is the king of beating doubles. So good luck with that.

But the reality is that after committing 4 players to stop those two, CLE still has to stop Watkins, who is a master of beating man/zone both, D. Robinson, who's a big, fast, physical receiver, and Hardman, and there's simply no CLE DBs that can cover those guys.

And we haven't even gotten to how CLE stops our running game. Or our passing game to our RBs.

The truth is, the last time KC faced a defense about on the same level as CLE's, was the Jets, and we hung 35 on them before the end of 3rd quarter, and simply stopped trying to score.

Once CLE puts together a respectable defense, and Stefanski finds another legit WR threat, CLE will be a solid contender. I've even bet another CPer that nest season the Browns will win 10+ games and I think I bet that they'll go to the playoffs again next season.

But welcome to the playoffs. It's been a very long time coming, and most of us are happy for your team and Browns' fans.

It's "now drink anti-freeze and die in an aids fire". You need to get your CP signature shit talking statement correct

BigRedChief 01-11-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Browns33 doesn't seem like a troll coming over to start shit. Did I miss something?

Dartgod 01-11-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15469594)
Browns33 doesn't seem like a troll coming over to start shit. Did I miss something?

One can't be too careful.

Mav 01-11-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Maybe.

Once CLE puts together a respectable defense, and Stefanski finds another legit WR threat, CLE will be a solid contender. I've even bet another CPer that nest season the Browns will win 10+ games and I think I bet that they'll go to the playoffs again next season.

With the exception of the one part i put in red, i agree with absolutely everything you said, but if healthy, Ward locks down Watkins. Hes that good. And Watkins today gave bulletin board material to the Browns. He will be a target, for better or worse. Still wont matter. As you stated, too many weapons. They will prioritize keeping Hill from beating over the top, and everything will be open over the middle. The run game im not all that worried about, as Andy Reid loves to attack weaknesses, or rather Mahomes does, and you guys know Terrence Mitchell as well as anyone. And i promise you, mark this right here. Any time you need a first down, Mahomes will target where ever Sendejo is, he is that bad. Great post however. Now, excuse me, im gonna go drink some aids piss, anti freeze, kill myself and play in traffic.

Deberg_1990 01-11-2021 05:26 PM

Bakers Mayfelds playing scary good. With confidence

htismaqe 01-11-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15469598)
With the exception of the one part i put in red, i agree with absolutely everything you said, but if healthy, Ward locks down Watkins. Hes that good. And Watkins today gave bulletin board material to the Browns. He will be a target, for better or worse. Still wont matter. As you stated, too many weapons. They will prioritize keeping Hill from beating over the top, and everything will be open over the middle. The run game im not all that worried about, as Andy Reid loves to attack weaknesses, or rather Mahomes does, and you guys know Terrence Mitchell as well as anyone. And i promise you, mark this right here. Any time you need a first down, Mahomes will target where ever Sendejo is, he is that bad. Great post however. Now, excuse me, im gonna go drink some aids piss, anti freeze, kill myself and play in traffic.

FYI, that Tweet from Watkins was in the FIRST quarter of the game. He was almost certainly just stating that the game wasn't over and that Pittsburgh could still win.

He wasn't dissing Cleveland at all.

As for the rest of your post, you really think they'll put Ward on Watkins 1-on-1? Are they just going to bracket Hill with whatever they have left?

Seems like a really bad strategy to me, especially with Sendejo back there, but maybe I'm missing something. Can you elaborate?

Mav 01-11-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15469600)

He absolutely is. Nice to see you Deberg, but the Browns are not winning a shoot out with Mahomes. I have seen quite a bit that the Chiefs arent concerned with stopping the running game. The Browns really havent been able to run the ball dominantly since the Titans game, and Baker has pretty much carried the offense for the past 6 weeks minus the Jets game where he lost his top 4 receivers 24 hours before the game, and the jets had 9 guys in the box all game. I expect Baker to play well, but keeping Mahomes under 400 yards and 5 tds is not gonna happen.

Megatron96 01-11-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 15469593)
It's "now drink anti-freeze and die in an aids fire". You need to get your CP signature shit talking statement correct

Sorry. Working on it. It's a work in progress. Feel like I'll be in proper playoffs form some time mid-way through next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15469594)

I just decided that at first I'll call all of them trolls, and let the issue sort itself out one at a time. Otherwise I have to use two different terms, and I really don't know what else call them right now. It's like calling people "John Doe." But in CP-ese.

mililo4cpa 01-11-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Maybe.

This is where I'm at.....

The Browns ultimately rely on their run game to win, the Chiefs, their QB......

Why Not? 01-11-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15469616)
Sorry. Working on it. It's a work in progress. Feel like I'll be in proper playoffs form some time mid-way through next season.

I just decided that at first I'll call all of them trolls, and let the issue sort itself out one at a time. Otherwise I have to use two different terms, and I really don't know what else call them right now. It's like calling people "John Doe." But in CP-ese.

Fair enough. Just looking out for you.

Easy 6 01-11-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15469155)
I respect Cleveland but it’s just a bitch to come off their physical emotional wins of the last two weeks and play a fresh team that is also the best team.

Pretty sure this cant be overstated... they've absolutely played their guts out the past two weeks, its been a cathartic and franchise redefining exorcising of old demons

As an organization, as players... they're almost certainly 110% spent

Mav 01-11-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15469641)
Pretty sure this cant be overstated... they've absolutely played their guts out the past two weeks, its been a cathartic and franchise redefining exorcising of old demons

As an organization, as players... they're almost certainly 110% spent

im in denial about this.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-11-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15469511)
Lets be honest here people, Pitt shit down their leg last night and lost the game in the 1st quarter making unforced mistake after mistake after mistake.

Yup. Browns didn't "win" shit

Megatron96 01-11-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15469600)

Baker's playing well, within the constraints of Stefanski's system. Which is a vast improvement over how he played last season with Freddie Kitchens' dumpster fire of an offense.

But he's still showing some flaws, and he's really not 100% comfortable yet. I figure sometime next season, say by week 10(?) he'll be in a good groove, and should post the best numbers of his career from week 10 or so on in the 2021 season.

But right now, as long as he can lean on that run-game and utilize PA, he's playing very well. When he has to drop back and read/process, he's just not the same QB. That's something he should work out over the next season or two.

Basically he's a more accurate, stronger armed version of Kirk Cousins, armed with a higher confidence level than anything Kirk's had. Which should make sense, as he's playing in the same system Kirk was playing in when we saw MIN last season.

So Spags does the same thing: blunt the run game, and force the QB to become a complete passer, without Landry. Which is not where Baker is yet. Take Landry off the table, and Baker, as a drop back and read QB, is not nearly as efficient.

joethomas 01-11-2021 05:43 PM

Why would I worry about a team that got 5 turnovers in their last game and still only won by 11? Damn near let the other team back into it at the end?

The main thing I'm afraid of is that we have to listen to a whole week full of more dumb takes from uninformed sportswriters about how the way to beat the Chiefs is by running the ball, even though it never works.

Megatron96 01-11-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 15469628)
Fair enough. Just looking out for you.

Thank you Sir. I'll do my best not to disappoint you in my next attempt to insult a newcomer. I promise at least a37.798% improvement in my CP shit-talking game.

Why Not? 01-11-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15469656)
Thank you Sir. I'll do my best not to disappoint you in my next attempt to insult a newcomer. I promise at least a37.798% improvement in my CP shit-talking game.

That is acceptable!

Off topic, how'd you do betting wise this weekend? I had one of my best weekends of the season. Had tons of action riding on the Browns to cover and the over. Also made a little on daily fantasy. Really hard to win big $ on that but anytime you add to your wallet, it's a good day.

htismaqe 01-11-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15469615)
He absolutely is. Nice to see you Deberg, but the Browns are not winning a shoot out with Mahomes. I have seen quite a bit that the Chiefs arent concerned with stopping the running game. The Browns really havent been able to run the ball dominantly since the Titans game, and Baker has pretty much carried the offense for the past 6 weeks minus the Jets game where he lost his top 4 receivers 24 hours before the game, and the jets had 9 guys in the box all game. I expect Baker to play well, but keeping Mahomes under 400 yards and 5 tds is not gonna happen.

Just FYI but Deberg is our resident weirdo. He posts threads like "Should we have taken Watson over Mahomes?"

So even though you enjoy the sentiment, he's not actually serious. It's his schtick.

htismaqe 01-11-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15469649)
Baker's playing well, within the constraints of Stefanski's system. Which is a vast improvement over how he played last season with Freddie Kitchens' dumpster fire of an offense.

But he's still showing some flaws, and he's really not 100% comfortable yet. I figure sometime next season, say by week 10(?) he'll be in a good groove, and should post the best numbers of his career from week 10 or so on in the 2021 season.

But right now, as long as he can lean on that run-game and utilize PA, he's playing very well. When he has to drop back and read/process, he's just not the same QB. That's something he should work out over the next season or two.

Basically he's a more accurate, stronger armed version of Kirk Cousins, armed with a higher confidence level than anything Kirk's had. Which should make sense, as he's playing in the same system Kirk was playing in when we saw MIN last season.

So Spags does the same thing: blunt the run game, and force the QB to become a complete passer, without Landry. Which is not where Baker is yet. Take Landry off the table, and Baker, as a drop back and read QB, is not nearly as efficient.

The biggest part of Stefanski's system is masking QB flaws, not fixing them.

I do think Mayfield is better than Cousins but you're not going to see miracles out there.

Megatron96 01-11-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 15469660)
That is acceptable!

Off topic, how'd you do betting wise this weekend? I had one of my best weekends of the season. Had tons of action riding on the Browns to cover and the over. Also made a little on daily fantasy. Really hard to win big $ on that but anytime you add to your wallet, it's a good day.

Yeah, I did pretty good. Took some props that worked out okay, and two parlays that worked out well. I took one that had Hunt to score a TD+, CLE to win, and Baker to throw a TD. I didn't go heavy on that, but it brought me some nickels. After the first Q, I was a little irritated that i didn't go a lot heavier, but how could I possibly know?

Why Not? 01-11-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15469670)
Yeah, I did pretty good. Took some props that worked out okay, and two parlays that worked out well. I took one that had Hunt to score a TD+, CLE to win, and Baker to throw a TD. I didn't go heavy on that, but it brought me some nickels. After the first Q, I was a little irritated that i didn't go a lot heavier, but how could I possibly know?

Nice! Yeah, I relate to that thinking. I try to avoid it as much as I can because that's how they suck you in to betting way big the next time on a "can't miss" only to see the over you knew as gonna hit end in a 10-6 snooze fest. lol

TinyEvel 01-11-2021 05:59 PM

The Chiefs have never played the Browns in a playoff game.

Browns actually were pretty badass before the merger. Won 8 Championships form 1946-1964. That was before, uh, something crappy happened?

Megatron96 01-11-2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15469665)

I do think Mayfield is better than Cousins but you're not going to see miracles out there.

Totally agree. But, and I could be wrong, as I've never spent any time really analyzing what Stefanski is trying to do beyond a basic Xs and Os level, I think it's like "NFL QBing for dummies," kind of thing. Break it down to a basic level, cut the field in half, whatever, give your QB fewer reads and thus decision to make, throw the ball to the first guy that's open. Let the play-makers be play-makers.

Which I think Baker really needed after the first two seasons of his career. Years 1 & 2 for Mayfield were almost like "here, for the next two seasons you aren't going to learn anything about how to be a QB except what little you can figure out for yourself, in-game in real-time."

He's basically had to start over, and he was two years in already at the start of 2020.

But my expectation is that ultimately Baker will be able to take Stefanski's system further than Kirk was able to, partly because he has a much better arm, and partly because I think he's probably going to end up being a better processor.

That second part is just a gut feeling at this point, and maybe fueled by my Sooners fandom, but I think I'm going to be right. We just won't see it until mid to late next season.

But as it stands right now, Baker is probably at least as good as Cousins overall, and he might already be better at running the offense.

His hard count is a disaster though. Really needs to work on that.

mililo4cpa 01-11-2021 06:04 PM

AFC Divisional Round: The Kansas City Chiefs and three teams that "nobody wants to face".....

New World Order 01-11-2021 06:06 PM

Are the media outlets hyping up the Browns and saying they have the perfect recipe with a strong running game to keep Mahomes off the field and beat the Chiefs?

Megatron96 01-11-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15469703)
Are the media outlets hyping up the Browns and saying they have the perfect recipe with a strong running game to keep Mahomes off the field and beat the Chiefs?

Something like that. Everyone seems to have forgotten that CLE boasts one of the league's worst defenses.

mililo4cpa 01-11-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15469665)

Exactly this....

Same for Sean McVay and the Rams. When you build your system around the run game and bootlegs off of that, it's simply because you don't have a QB good enough to win games on their own.

Tribal Warfare 01-11-2021 06:14 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs expecting large number of Browns fans at Sunday&#39;s game at Arrowhead. Team president Mark Donovan: “We’ve got to be prepared for that. Cleveland is one of those teams with a lot of pent-up demand, especially with the win they had (over the Steelers).&#39;&#39;</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1348751734978580484?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Adam gonna Teicher

staylor26 01-11-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15469723)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs expecting large number of Browns fans at Sunday&#39;s game at Arrowhead. Team president Mark Donovan: “We’ve got to be prepared for that. Cleveland is one of those teams with a lot of pent-up demand, especially with the win they had (over the Steelers).&#39;&#39;</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1348751734978580484?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Adam gonna Teicher

Adam Teicher clearly hasn’t had pussy since pussy had him. What a miserable human being.

DaFace 01-11-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15469728)
Adam Teicher clearly hasn’t has pussy since pussy had him. What a miserable human being.

He's probably not wrong. I toyed with the idea of grabbing tickets yesterday at $300 each. Now they're going for more like $800. I have don't think it'll be a majority or anything, but there will be plenty of Browns fans. And who can blame them? I'd be excited too.

staylor26 01-11-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15469739)
He's probably not wrong. I toyed with the idea of grabbing tickets yesterday at $300 each. Now they're going for more like $800. I have don't think it'll be a majority or anything, but there will be plenty of Browns fans. And who can blame them? I'd be excited too.

It’s not about whether he’s wrong, it’s just everything always has a negative tone/vibe with him. That tweet might not be the perfect example, but even it gave me that negative vibe like always.

RunKC 01-11-2021 06:28 PM

What’s the capacity for the crowd on Sunday?

crispystl 01-11-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15469177)
Not sure how or why, but it seems like something about Tomlinson isn't resonating in that locker room

It's because he retired....or because he played for the Chargers.....15 years ago.

Why Not? 01-11-2021 06:39 PM

LMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl (Post 15469774)
It's because he retired....or because he played for the Chargers.....15 years ago.

tredadda 01-11-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

I am too young to remember the Dawson days. Imagine becoming a fan in the 80s, pre Marty. I still remember listening to them on the radio every Sunday. It would have been so easy to have become a Niners or Giants fan in those days. For some stupid reason I remained and still remain loyal to the Chiefs. I can't imagine following a player and rooting for whomever he plays for.

Mav 01-11-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mililo4cpa (Post 15469707)
Exactly this....

Same for Sean McVay and the Rams. When you build your system around the run game and bootlegs off of that, it's simply because you don't have a QB good enough to win games on their own.

That is not at all true. Do you think Mike Shanahan ran this system with John Elway because of a limited qb? This is how he wants to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloridaMan88 01-11-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 15469684)
The Chiefs have never played the Browns in a playoff game.

Browns actually were pretty badass before the merger. Won 8 Championships form 1946-1964. That was before, uh, something crappy happened?

Browns and Chiefs fans can certainly exchange Marty playoff choke horror stories though.

Halfcan 01-11-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15469703)

I listened to 610 and 810 a majority of the day. I didn't hear anything like that. It was mostly that the Browns got a lot of turnovers and still barely won.

Yes, there is a chance the Browns will win, the same as buying the winning Powerball ticket.

TLO 01-11-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15469764)
What’s the capacity for the crowd on Sunday?

Tribal Warfare 01-11-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15469800)
I listened to 610 and 810 a majority of the day. I didn't hear anything like that. It was mostly that the Browns got a lot of turnovers and still barely won.

Yes, there is a chance the Browns will win, the same as buying the winning Powerball ticket.

Mahomes is still pissed that he lost to Mayfield and OU. Patrick will always have that chip on his shoulder to motivate him

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2021 07:14 PM

LMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/kvv2dNTmHS">https://t.co/kvv2dNTmHS</a> <a href="https://t.co/ND8nmGmZG7">pic.twitter.com/ND8nmGmZG7</a></p>&mdash; Tom Brady (@TomBrady) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1348797993634455554?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

George Liquor 01-11-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15469811)

Ticket prices are also thru the roof.

Almost $500 on StubHub for upper level nosebleeds.

mililo4cpa 01-11-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15469791)
That is not at all true. Do you think Mike Shanahan ran this system with John Elway because of a limited qb? This is how he wants to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He absolutely did. Elway was aging, and needed a ton of help to finally win it all. Elway by himself didn't win jack despite going to numerous Super Bowls.

I think Mr. Rainman, a few years ago, explained just how average John Elway was....and it absolutely took Shanahan's gimmicky offense and Terrell Davis to get Elway his rings....Heck, Shanahan made Jake Plummer look good for a couple seasons....It obviously worked very well for that era, but times have changed....

And not only did Mike Shanahan run that offense to cover deficient QB play, his son Kyle just went to a Super Bowl doing the same thing with Garrapolo

At the end of the day, the Browns run their offense through their running backs, not their QB.....

RaidersOftheCellar 01-11-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15469811)

Should be pretty loud.

R Clark 01-11-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mililo4cpa (Post 15469890)
He absolutely did. Elway was aging, and needed a ton of help to finally win it all. Elway by himself didn't win jack despite going to numerous Super Bowls.

I think Mr. Rainman, a few years ago, explained just how average John Elway was....and it absolutely took Shanahan's gimmicky offense and Terrell Davis to get Elway his rings....Heck, Shanahan made Jake Plummer look good for a couple seasons....It obviously worked very well for that era, but times have changed....

And not only did Mike Shanahan run that offense to cover deficient QB play, his son Kyle just went to a Super Bowl doing the same thing with Garrapolo

At the end of the day, the Browns run their offense through their running backs, not their QB.....

They had only 26 carries against Pitt

Easy 6 01-11-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15469860)
LMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/kvv2dNTmHS">https://t.co/kvv2dNTmHS</a> <a href="https://t.co/ND8nmGmZG7">pic.twitter.com/ND8nmGmZG7</a></p>&mdash; Tom Brady (@TomBrady) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1348797993634455554?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nice LMAO

Deberg_1990 01-11-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15469796)
Browns and Chiefs fans can certainly exchange Marty playoff choke horror stories though.

Kosar, Byner and Mack or Deberg, Okoye and Word?

mililo4cpa 01-11-2021 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15469923)
They had only 26 carries against Pitt

Chubb/Hunt had 209 out of Clevelands 390 yards.....that's 53% of their yards....

tredadda 01-11-2021 08:27 PM

"Just run the ball well and you will keep Mahomes on the sidelines and beat KC"/Ravens Fans, Titans Fans, and Niners fans.

ThaVirus 01-11-2021 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15469396)
I wouldn't call the Browns' running game "conventional".

The last time a team really ran the ball like they do, Marty was coaching the likes of Earnest Byner and Kevin Mack.

You're just looking to argue. Of course it's conventional. They don't have a running QB, they don't use a ton of misdirection or exotic plays/formations; it's just traditional smashmouth football.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-11-2021 09:38 PM

Browns are soft as ****

Halfcan 01-11-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15469854)
Mahomes is still pissed that he lost to Mayfield and OU. Patrick will always have that chip on his shoulder to motivate him

:thumb:

Mahomes sounds rested and ready to dominate. He said they want to get out to a good start and not fall behind like last year.

Andy said the same in his presser today.