ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

Hootie 04-28-2013 09:36 PM

Steph Curry is my favorite player to watch in the NBA.

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 09:38 PM

This is without Brandon Rush and David Lee.

dirk digler 04-28-2013 09:38 PM

26pts on one ankle

dirk digler 04-28-2013 09:39 PM

LMAO what a pass and then shot

Hootie 04-28-2013 09:40 PM

P.S. I still think a Curry/Westbrook/Durant trio would be the only trio that could beat the LeBron team and it would have been AMAZING for the NBA if they took Curry over Harden.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 09:42 PM

It doesn't seem fair that DeMar DeRozan is getting paid the same as Stephen Curry. And that Rudy Gay is getting way more.

Hootie 04-28-2013 09:44 PM

I pretty much hate all things Oakland. I went to a Raiders game in a Chiefs hoodie and it was a terrible experience for me...

that said

Golden State has a ****ing awesome home crowd. That's what sports is all about.

tk13 04-28-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9642844)
I pretty much hate all things Oakland. I went to a Raiders game in a Chiefs hoodie and it was a terrible experience for me...

That sounds like a brilliant idea.

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

that said

I have been to about 30 home games at Oracle and most of the people are 49ers/Giants/A's fans.

kcxiv 04-28-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9642853)
That sounds like a brilliant idea.

pfft, ive done it. you get alot of shit, but i blend right in as i am mexican and i usually go with alot of people. I havent went for a while though.

but yes, i have seen some bad things happen to Chiefs fans from afar.

kcxiv 04-28-2013 09:51 PM

Anyways, i hope Dwight Howard signs somewhere else. He's not a max contract player. He has absolutely nothing on offense. Well very very very very little. He's turn over prone down low. He had bad hands. He gets the ball stripped way to much while doing his mechanical post moves. He's intimidated at the free throw line (he's admitted this) He actually said he gets nervou WTF?

Anyways, love kobe, but its time to rebuild, the faster the better. No sense in trying to duct tape this boat to stay afloat.

I hope they tank 2013 like the Spurs did to get Tim Duncan!

Hootie 04-28-2013 09:51 PM

It was a terrible experience because we lost in OT...everyone was pretty cool other than calling me a bundle of sticks and what not

dirk digler 04-28-2013 09:52 PM

Aren't the Warriors moving to a new arena in SF sometime soon?

AdumbGuy 04-28-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9642830)
P.S. I still think a Curry/Westbrook/Durant trio would be the only trio that could beat the LeBron team and it would have been AMAZING for the NBA if they took Curry over Harden.

Disagree. I don't think westbrook and curry could run together. Also, at this point, you'd probably need the 95 Bulls or the 2001 Lakers, the way Lebron is playing.

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

that said

What the **** did you expect to happen?!

dirk digler 04-28-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9642870)
Anyways, i hope Dwight Howard signs somewhere else. He's not a max contract player. He has absolutely nothing on offense. Well very very very very little. He's turn over prone down low. He had bad hands. He gets the ball stripped way to much while doing his mechanical post moves. He's intimidated at the free throw line (he's admitted this) He actually said he gets nervou WTF?

Anyways, love kobe, but its time to rebuild, the faster the better. No sense in trying to duct tape this boat to stay afloat.

I hope they tank 2013 like the Spurs did to get Tim Duncan!

I agree. Howard basically quit today when he got his second T so he wouldn't have to play. Gasol and him are 2 softies.

-King- 04-28-2013 09:58 PM

Man, Curry's eye looks bad. Red as ****.

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 09:59 PM

Harrison Barnes has come to life in the playoffs too. Stepped up big time without David Lee.

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 09:59 PM

Draymond Green has some attitude to him too.

kcxiv 04-28-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9642895)
I agree. Howard basically quit today when he got his second T so he wouldn't have to play. Gasol and him are 2 softies.

yep, they kept saying the Lakers have size, but them 2 guys dont play like it on offense. Gasol once in a while shows that he still can do it like when he first got traded, but i think his knee's are just to bad and he cant fight for position like he used too. Dwight is just terrible in the post.

Our bigs dont play like bigs n thats a very sad thing. Its just time to start fresh. this whole thing was built in 2008 its 2013 now, time to start build a new one.

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 10:06 PM

**** Denver.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9642895)

Gasol won two championships for the Lakers largely due to his great play with Kobe...so no, he's not comparable to Dwight Howard.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9642907)
yep, they kept saying the Lakers have size, but them 2 guys dont play like it on offense. Gasol once in a while shows that he still can do it like when he first got traded, but i think his knee's are just to bad and he cant fight for position like he used too. Dwight is just terrible in the post.

You mean like when he completely dominated in the postseason for two years in a row leading to two championships? Gasol is not that guy anymore (he's injured, slower, and old), but I don't know why people try to diminish what he's accomplished in his career. He was far from soft in 2008/2009, he was a fantastic player.

kcxiv 04-28-2013 10:12 PM

Gasol is old now, he can play still, but he's not who he once was! I mean he's always had the soft play, but when he needed to black swan, he would, now? he cant. He's more of a point forward guy on the high post these days.

kcxiv 04-28-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9642942)
You mean like when he completely dominated in the postseason for two years in a row leading to two championships? Gasol is not that guy anymore, but I don't know why people try to diminish what he's accomplished in his career. He was far from soft in 2008/2009, he was a fantastic player.

lol, he played soft sometimes during that era as well! He turned it on when he needed too though. Ill never diminish what he did. I love Gasol as a Laker. IMO he should make the hall of fame. He had the best post moves i have ever seen in a big man! that left hook he has is ****ing amazing.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 10:14 PM

Steph Curry really makes the NBA fun to watch again.

AdumbGuy 04-28-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9642932)
Gasol won two championships for the Lakers largely due to his great play with Kobe...so no, he's not comparable to Dwight Howard.

Never understood the Gasol hate. D'antoni should be fired. Kobe should be amnestied. Didn't Howard say he only wanted to go to Brooklyn? If they get knocked out by the bulls in the 1st, I could see them scrambling to make that happen

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9642943)
Gasol is old now, he can play still, but he's not who he once was! I mean he's always had the soft play, but when he needed to black swan, he would, now? he cant. He's more of a point forward guy on the high post these days.

Yes, he's not that guy anymore. More of a finesse PF that cannot have the offense run through him now. Everyone loses it eventually. He still came to play when the Lakers needed him to in those years, though. Not easy to battle a guy like KG and come out on top, but he did.

kcxiv 04-28-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9642949)

Alot of NBA players now days make it fun to watch. WIsh Derrick Rose was back full boar. He's way more fun to watch imo.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

You mean since Dirk didn't make the playoffs last week.

AdumbGuy 04-28-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Never understood the Steph Curry love. Like a young Ray Allen, but without the athleticism. Meh.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9642947)
lol, he played soft sometimes during that era as well! He turned it on when he needed too though. Ill never diminish what he did. I love Gasol as a Laker. IMO he should make the hall of fame. He had the best post moves i have ever seen in a big man! that left hook he has is ****ing amazing.

Yeah, OK, a bit soft in some regular season games and minor playoff games. He was never as physical as his brother is now. We're still not talking about Chris Bosh or anything, though. And in the playoffs, the guy came to play. No doubt about that.

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 10:20 PM

This is great... I have been a Warriors fan since the 80's, and I have suffered through some real bullshit, bad ownership, ugly uniforms. I would love to have Warriors finish the Nuggets off in Denver.

kcxiv 04-28-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9642963)
Yeah, OK, a bit soft in some regular season games and minor playoff games. He was never as physical as his brother is now. We're still not talking about Chris Bosh or anything, though. And in the playoffs, the guy came to play. No doubt about that.

well we are laker fans we are spoiled as hell. Its the same way as the Yankee fans in baseball and the Patriots/Steelers in football. lol

Anyways, Gasol was a beast in his prime. This play ill never forget, this is amazing. lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LrINFd_Mcg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9642965)
This is great... I have been a Warriors fan since the 80's, and I have suffered through some real bullshit, bad ownership, ugly uniforms. I would love to have Warriors finish the Nuggets off in Denver.

Going to be tough to win another in Denver, but it's possible if they keep making all these shots.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9642972)
well we are laker fans we are spoiled as hell. Its the same way as the Yankee fans in baseball and the Patriots/Steelers in football. lol

Anyways, Gasol was a beast in his prime. This play ill never forget, this is amazing. lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LrINFd_Mcg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haha, yeah, that was pretty good. LMAO

Al Bundy 04-28-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9642973)
Going to be tough to win another in Denver, but it's possible if they keep making all these shots.

It is going to be extremely tough in Denver.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9642959)
Never understood the Steph Curry love. Like a young Ray Allen, but without the athleticism. Meh.

He's a crafty as **** 3 point shooter with tons of swagger. He's just good plain fun. I get bored by everyone dunking.

KC_Connection 04-28-2013 10:37 PM

Kenny just beat Michael Redd in a shootoff.

okcchief 04-28-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9639706)
Best not to listen to anything Skip Bayless says ever. He's a jackass. Also, I doubt he believes most of the shit that comes out of his mouth.

Oh, I know. He just has a ****ing hard on for shitting on Westbrook. I just see the quotes. I would never watch those Jerry Springer sports shows.

kcxiv 04-28-2013 11:10 PM

Bayless sometimes has good points, but 95 percent of what he said is for First Take with him and Stephen A.

Its fun to watch, but i dont take anything he says serious!

okcchief 04-28-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9643048)
Bayless sometimes has good points, but 95 percent of what he said is for First Take with him and Stephen A.

Its fun to watch, but i dont take anything he says serious!

Who said I take it serious? It's garbage TV. Pretty much the whole reason I don't watch any sports coverage except the actual games. I should say **** ESPN for putting the shit on the air and **** people like you who watch it :)

I know I'm in the minority because its obviously what gets people watching and talking. It's non-sense though.

I guess I'm being hypocritical because message boards are the same way. I guess I should take my own advice and just watch and enjoy!

Peace!

mcaj22 04-28-2013 11:29 PM

Bayless is now trying to get back on the Spurs wagon after jumping off it earlier in the season for the Lakers. Dudes a joke

kcxiv 04-29-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9643069)
Who said I take it serious? It's garbage TV. Pretty much the whole reason I don't watch any sports coverage except the actual games. I should say **** ESPN for putting the shit on the air and **** people like you who watch it :)

I know I'm in the minority because its obviously what gets people watching and talking. It's non-sense though.

I guess I'm being hypocritical because message boards are the same way. I guess I should take my own advice and just watch and enjoy!

Peace!

well, the only time i ever watch it is when someone posts a clip on here, or various other forums i visit. Lakersground, rerolled, neogaf and a few others. The only show i ever really "watch" is MLB quick pitch and Total acccess during the NFL season and the TNT crew during NBA season (usually only when the Lakers play ). So yeah, if it gets posted ill watch it depending on why the person posted it. I listen to espn radio though. Max and Marcellus is a good radio Show. Max Kellerman kickass

So, ughh, **** you right back!

KevB 04-29-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9642830)

Don't get me started on that draft. Grizzlies took Thabeet over Harden and Curry. All Grizz need is some perimeter shooting to be a real threat to win it all....think they could have used one of those guys? Damn

KevB 04-29-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9642959)

Is this schtick? Fishing trip?

Alex Smith 4Ever 04-29-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9642943)

Gasol looked incredible playing center for Spain last summer in the Olympics. I think Gasol could still be a very good player in the right situation, but any team with Dwight Howard is going to be a disaster

AdumbGuy 04-29-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9643520)
Is this schtick? Fishing trip?

Fishing? yes. Schtick? No, probably not, although it's possible he/she might be related to my uncles's third cousin's niece's first cousin's mom's daughter's least favorite actor's grandfather.

The Bad Guy 04-29-2013 11:48 AM

Steph Curry is fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. He's the face of an up and coming franchise and beating a Nuggets team that was absolutely a dominant team all year is impressive.

I too love his game.

The Bad Guy 04-29-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9643684)
Gasol looked incredible playing center for Spain last summer in the Olympics. I think Gasol could still be a very good player in the right situation, but any team with Dwight Howard is going to be a disaster

Lots of truth to this.

Honestly as a Laker fan, I think you have to sign him long term but if they didn't you'd see no tears shed from me.

The investment was Bynum and that's turned out worse than this Howard experiment.

The Bad Guy 04-29-2013 11:50 AM

I still think Gasol is a beast, but he needs to be playing with someone who won't clog the lane. It's the same reason him and Bynum didn't really work together, but him and Odom really did.

AdumbGuy 04-29-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9642989)
He's a crafty as **** 3 point shooter with tons of swagger. He's just good plain fun. I get bored by everyone dunking.

Heh, the modern day Jeff Hornacek! I can appreciate that.

okcchief 04-29-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9643098)
well, the only time i ever watch it is when someone posts a clip on here, or various other forums i visit. Lakersground, rerolled, neogaf and a few others. The only show i ever really "watch" is MLB quick pitch and Total acccess during the NFL season and the TNT crew during NBA season (usually only when the Lakers play ). So yeah, if it gets posted ill watch it depending on why the person posted it. I listen to espn radio though. Max and Marcellus is a good radio Show. Max Kellerman kickass

So, ughh, **** you right back!

Lol I was just busting balls sir. I get sent the clips too. Don't know how people tune into that shit.

okcchief 04-29-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9643761)
I still think Gasol is a beast, but he needs to be playing with someone who won't clog the lane. It's the same reason him and Bynum didn't really work together, but him and Odom really did.

If you are keeping just one (which you should if keeping D'Antoni) I keep Gasol. Howard puts up stats, but is highly overrated IMO.

AdumbGuy 04-29-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9643761)

Agree, he's a post guy that can step out occasionally, not a stretch four. Although, I'd say the same thing about the younger gasol and he seems to be doing well with Zbo. Leads me to believe the problem is really D'antoni and his "I adapt to my players as well as I stress defense" offensive schemes.

okcchief 04-29-2013 11:59 AM

Curry is amazing. I just see the ankle issues being chronic. It's fun to watch right now though.

The Bad Guy 04-29-2013 12:02 PM

The problem is absolutely D'Antoni and some Howard and his limited offensive game outside 8 feet.

Jackson would have cured a lot of these issues, but Jim Buss made his bed now he can lie in it.

Alex Smith 4Ever 04-29-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9643787)
Curry is amazing. I just see the ankle issues being chronic. It's fun to watch right now though.

Kobe had a lot of ankle issues early in his career and he grew out of them so hopefully Curry can do the same

I just can't believe David Kahn passed on this kid for Jonny Flynn

-King- 04-29-2013 12:33 PM

Jim Buss has no balls if D'Antoni stays.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 12:44 PM

Kobe is sad.

<script height="404px" width="720px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=e7e908eebffd4efeb96a3096aa9b4bd0&ec=UyYWU5Yjr_jXw0dY3CoVpSQ8q2GA5i7G"></script>

Al Bundy 04-29-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

One held up very well after surgery. The other one was an injury that would have happened to anyone.

KevB 04-29-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

I agree, speaking from experience, once your ankles start to go it's always going to be a problem. It's a shame, because he's really developed his game going to the basket. His array of scoops and floaters is really becoming an elite skill, to go along with the ridiculous shooting. All that said, Curry with that home crowd is magical to watch.

KevB 04-29-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9643986)
One held up very well after surgery. The other one was an injury that would have happened to anyone.

He's had numerous ankle sprains....once you stretch those ligaments, they're not snapping back to original form.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-29-2013 01:24 PM

D'Antoni is 1-14 in the last 15 playoff games he's coached. That's beyond terrible.

kcxiv 04-29-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9643796)
The problem is absolutely D'Antoni and some Howard and his limited offensive game outside 8 feet.

Jackson would have cured a lot of these issues, but Jim Buss made his bed now he can lie in it.

even inside 8 feet he's extremely limited sometimes its down right ugly. He's very very turnover prone and you can get into his head. Tim Duncan Played him big time.

I hate D'Antoni, but i know he's not going to be there long he just sucks, but i dont want them to resign dwight. Not for a Max contract, they are going to get screwed over if they keep him.

REBUILD! do it now lol No better time then now. Next season they are going to suck again, so may as well do it right. Tank it.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-29-2013 10:29 PM

Another close game in the OKC-Houston series. James Harden is once again a choking bitch. McHale a shit coach

KC_Connection 04-29-2013 10:32 PM

Yeah, it's getting pretty tough to see this Durant-only OKC team taking out SAS.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-29-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9645369)
Yeah, it's getting pretty tough to see this Durant-only OKC team taking out SAS.

As much as I hate SA, it will be nice to see Fisher get fisted

AdumbGuy 04-29-2013 10:41 PM

-Man, there were a LOT of questionable calls that went OKC's way.
-As good as he's been, Harden was kinda terrible at the end of that game and his help defense is garbage.
-Loved the effort from Patrick Beverly and Carlos Delfino. Fearless!
-Durant dunk was fantastic
-Not sure who's the crappier crunch time coach - McHale or Brooks
-Parsons is growing up.

Houston deserved this one. OKC is gonna have a lot of problems without Westbrook.

okcchief 04-29-2013 10:44 PM

I don't even know what the **** they are trying to do. Just let Reggie take over the Westbrook role. Yeah, he not as good, but he can do the same types of things at a decent level. Changing the identity of the team at this point is just ****ing stupid. Why is Serge not getting shots? Guy has one of the best jumpers from 20 ft in.

I will give Derek Fisher credit for showing up and maxing out his ability. Martin has been horrid in the playoff. They need to move Lamb into that role, amnesty Perk and go after a Al Jefferson or other low post guy.They are just putting to much on Durant right now. You've got to trust other players or you are ****ed anyway. I think another coach could make this work, but Brooks is showing his weaknesses when not loaded with talent. We are dogs after this series for sure.

Setsuna 04-29-2013 10:45 PM

Parsons is my boy! Go Gators!

okcchief 04-29-2013 10:46 PM

BTW

Go Heat!

If anyone in the East knocks them off I will be absolutely sick :)

okcchief 04-29-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9643986)

I hope he overcomes it. I've played with guys in the past with ankle problems that never go away. It cost my brother a D1 scholarship in football. That was years ago, and I'm sure medical techniques have improved since then.

I never want to see anyone have injuries, and its really sad when it prevents greatness. I hope to still be watching Curry light it up ten years from now.

kcxiv 04-30-2013 06:19 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJIz6A9CYAAMdxF.jpg:large

Bandwagon ass Denver fans, this is 15 min before tip off, and if you look at the game live, it looks like its 40 percent full. lol

-King- 04-30-2013 06:31 PM

That's pathetic.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Fans giving up? My buddy just bought 4 tickets on StubHub for 6-bucks a pop. For a Nuggets playoff game. An elimination game.</p>&mdash; Vic Lombardi (@VicLombardi) <a href="https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/status/329345872334839809">April 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kcxiv 04-30-2013 06:32 PM

Hell, Lakers had a full house knowing damn well we were going to get swept 4-0 lol and stayed til the end! lol

okcchief 04-30-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9646829)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJIz6A9CYAAMdxF.jpg:large

Bandwagon ass Denver fans, this is 15 min before tip off, and if you look at the game live, it looks like its 40 percent full. lol

Wow

Setsuna 04-30-2013 08:31 PM

Refs trying to cheat for Denver. Lawl.

-King- 04-30-2013 08:33 PM

Funny how they missed out on a win.

Edit: May have spoke too soon. Didn't see the Warriors making a comeback.

KC native 04-30-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9643888)
Jim Buss has no balls if D'Antoni stays.

I hope he is nut less. D'Antoni back as the head coach for the Fakers would give me great pleasure.