ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV If you're not watching Supernatural... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200898)

Bowser 10-10-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10070379)
No I have not. Sounds like I need to add an errand to the "to do" list.

That being said, it looks like Supernatural was just magically removed from my record list through no actions of my own. Assholes.

Setsuna 10-12-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10070395)
That being said, it looks like Supernatural was just magically removed from my record list through no actions of my own. Assholes.

Metatron does not want want you to watch.....

Valiant 02-14-2014 07:02 PM

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/83876274/

Sure-Oz 02-14-2014 07:32 PM

Never watched this but see its on Netflix. i assume i should start?

Bowser 02-14-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10433797)
Never watched this but see its on Netflix. i assume i should start?

Yeah, you should. This show would be up your alley. The show does drag from time to time, but overall it's a pretty decent way to spend an hour.

Sure-Oz 02-14-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10433801)
Yeah, you should. This show would be up your alley. The show does drag from time to time, but overall it's a pretty decent way to spend an hour.

I like Jensen Ackles (sp?) as a voice in a batman cartoon and he had some solid episodes in Smallville which i liked a long time ago. added to netflix

ThaVirus 02-14-2014 10:04 PM

Anyone watching the season that's currently airing? I think I'm just going to wait for it to hit Netflix.

keg in kc 02-15-2014 10:11 AM

Yeah, I've kept up with this season. It's been good so far I think, no real standout episodes yet, one or two weak ones, but as whole pretty steadily good.

Renewed for a 10th season a couple days ago, too, though not a big surprise. It's one of CW's highest rated shows.

keg in kc 02-26-2014 10:30 PM

I was just thinking it had been a while since we'd seen the ghostfacers. Couple of the funniest eps of the series, they could use one of those right now.

Valiant 02-27-2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10456192)
I was just thinking it had been a while since we'd seen the ghostfacers. Couple of the funniest eps of the series, they could use one of those right now.

Hopefully, they should be introducing the spin off characters here soon for supernatural: tribes. Such a horrible name.

Lex Luthor 02-27-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10433978)
Anyone watching the season that's currently airing? I think I'm just going to wait for it to hit Netflix.

This season reminds me a lot of the first couple of seasons: most episodes have a plot that is resolved at the end of the episode. There are obviously some storylines that continue from week to week, but they don't dominate the entire show like they have in recent seasons.

I like this season better than the last several seasons.

Molitoth 02-27-2014 08:15 AM

I'm new to this show and absolutely love it.

Already in mid season 3.

Rausch 02-27-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10456447)

Already in mid season 3.

It only gets better...

ThaVirus 02-27-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10456447)

Already in mid season 3.

You're in for a treat. The show peaks in, I think, season 4 or 5 when Lucifer shows up. Unfortunately, it seems it blew its wad at that point..

keg in kc 02-27-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10456345)
Hopefully, they should be introducing the spin off characters here soon for supernatural: tribes. Such a horrible name.

Yeah, episode 20 according to what I've read. It doesn't sound much like Supernatural, though. More like another Vampire Diaries spinoff with Supernatural in the title.

Molitoth 03-11-2014 09:12 PM

In Season 5 now. Gabriel was awesome.

http://media.tumblr.com/d4a7a6594044...xXw1qz4rgp.gif

AustinChief 03-11-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10456345)

It's been renamed to Supernatural : Bloodlines .. but it still looks to be a teen oriented show.

Valiant 05-03-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10482925)
It's been renamed to Supernatural : Bloodlines .. but it still looks to be a teen oriented show.

Holy shit.

Just saw tonights episode introducing them.

They already have the vampire diaries. A monster high college reunion mafia series is what they think people want?

Shit, remake the Kindred series then. That would do great.

keg in kc 05-03-2014 12:45 AM

Yeah, it was awful.

OldSchool 05-03-2014 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10482925)

Was shitty. I didn't feel any compassion for the "new guy" at all. Dude just annoyed me and reminded me of Drake in his demeanor. Love Supernatural but that spin-off casting just doesn't cut it. Really poor acting on his part.

ragedogg69 05-03-2014 05:03 PM

My wife is a huge Supernatural fan. I told her she would be watching the spinoff herself. She told me she thought that sucked too. And this was coming from someone that watches a lot of that CW crap.

Setsuna 05-07-2014 11:05 PM

That blade don't play. What do you think the blade is doing to him? Do you think it's taking his morality away?

OldSchool 05-08-2014 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10608918)
That blade don't play. What do you think the blade is doing to him? Do you think it's taking his morality away?

Likely taking his humanity away and tarnishing his soul. Pretty much slowly turning into a demon I think, one on par with the Knights of Hell.

keg in kc 05-08-2014 03:08 PM

No Bloodlines on the fall schedule. Thank god.

Better job this week. Mark Sheppard delivers again.

Setsuna 05-09-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10608992)
Likely taking his humanity away and tarnishing his soul. Pretty much slowly turning into a demon I think, one on par with the Knights of Hell.

On par or better? He trashed Abbadon. Although was Cain a demon? He didn't seem like it but who knows.

ragedogg69 05-10-2014 01:30 PM

I would love next season if they did a sort of Sam vs Dean cat and mouse for Dean's soul.

keg in kc 05-10-2014 01:33 PM

They have to play the brother killing angle with the mark of Cain. They've teased it all season.

Valiant 05-11-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10614239)
On par or better? He trashed Abbadon. Although was Cain a demon? He didn't seem like it but who knows.

Abbadon went out weak. Total let down.

Hopefully, Bloodlines had enough shit reviews to push it ways back or off the board.

There is one more season left. The end of this season will probably have them turn on each other. Next season, I am guessing both die. But how, by what, and for what reason?

Be fun if they were the new rulers of heaven and hell. See some cameos from them since their acting careers are likely done.

keg in kc 05-11-2014 02:49 PM

Bloodlines was completely scrapped.

And Supernatural may go more than 10 seasons.

OldSchool 05-12-2014 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10623552)

Thank God, that story line seemed way too forced and the acting from those people was just annoying. Absolutely zero compassion for those new characters they tried to introduce.

Setsuna 05-12-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10623481)
Abbadon went out weak. Total let down.

Hopefully, Bloodlines had enough shit reviews to push it ways back or off the board.

There is one more season left. The end of this season will probably have them turn on each other. Next season, I am guessing both die. But how, by what, and for what reason?

Be fun if they were the new rulers of heaven and hell. See some cameos from them since their acting careers are likely done.

That's what I've been thinking about for a while. Would be fitting. There would be peace finally perhaps?

Valiant 05-12-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10623552)

Are you kidding me? link?

Valiant 05-12-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10625039)
Thank God, that story line seemed way too forced and the acting from those people was just annoying. Absolutely zero compassion for those new characters they tried to introduce.

Agreed, give it to ****ing Garth and ghostfacers. Add a few females and bam. See if Felicia Day wants in.

Could have evil Dean, and good Sam have cameos every now and then.

That would be a good show I would watch.

keg in kc 05-12-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10626667)
Are you kidding me? link?

If you mean more than 10 seasons, no, I'm not. All the actors' deals end after next season, but it's never been set in stone as being the final season in any way. Various producers have talked about the possibilities of the show running indefinitely.

From ComicCon last year:
Quote:

Last we heard, current show runner Jeremy Carver came onboard at the start of the eighth season last year with a planned arc that would see the series come to a logical end at the close of the tenth season in May 2015.

Appearing at Comic Con over the weekend though, Carver has apparently changed his mind and sees the show going beyond that thanks to a storyline being implemented in the upcoming ninth season.

Carver says: "We think of the general arch, and we allow for happy accidents. I think people would be stunned to know what were happy accidents and seemed liked it had been planned all along. I think me, personally, I have an obligation to plan forward for an arc, but also to keep the show in a position where, if they wanted to go for season 11, 12… 19, it can."

Actor Jared Padalecki added: "With this season – and this isn’t just a line – we can go for however as long as [viewers] and the writers want it to. We opened so many doors – and that’s another thing we did last year. We, the writers – the royal 'we' – we opened doors; we didn’t kill this or stop that, we just left to where we can do anything now, and what they’ve chosen to do is just so awesome."
There's been some talk about Jensen Ackles moving into film (he actually passed on Hawkeye in the avengers, reportedly). So who knows.

In other news, Misha Collins has signed a deal to return as a regular next season.

keg in kc 05-20-2014 10:28 PM

Aw shit. Should've seen that coming. One brother's an angel half the year, why not turn the other into a demon. Could be an interesting twist to next year.

Valiant 05-21-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10626732)
If you mean more than 10 seasons, no, I'm not. All the actors' deals end after next season, but it's never been set in stone as being the final season in any way. Various producers have talked about the possibilities of the show running indefinitely.

From ComicCon last year:There's been some talk about Jensen Ackles moving into film (he actually passed on Hawkeye in the avengers, reportedly). So who knows.

In other news, Misha Collins has signed a deal to return as a regular next season.

****, he would of made a great hawkeye.

Valiant 05-21-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10642533)
Aw shit. Should've seen that coming. One brother's an angel half the year, why not turn the other into a demon. Could be an interesting twist to next year.

I said it before, I want the brothers leading heaven and hell.

My nerd perfect scenario.

For season 11, before ruling heaven and hell. Sam and Dean make Castiel and Crowely human to relieve their burdens and set up the new Men of Letters for them. Garth and Day are part of the Letters. Maybe ghostfacers.

Sam and Dean in leading lost a good chunk of their followers and spend most of their time reigning them in so they are there only for maybe every couple episodes.

My only problem, how many more stories can they tell? The leviathans killed most of the other older gods. And everything else has been played out. I would love most of the monsters in purgatory to get out and start over for the group.

But hopefully god is not the one to do it. I have a feeling he will show up again and say it was all part of his plan.

keg in kc 05-21-2014 04:06 PM

Ackles and Sheppard have a great dynamic, so it should be really fun next year.

Lots of interesting things could happen. Crowley's real son is out there somewhere, and I got the sense last night that Dean's going to be his surrogate demon kid. All that human blood did some weird stuff to him I guess. He almost seemed lonely in his monologue at the end.

Valiant 05-21-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10643639)
Ackles and Sheppard have a great dynamic, so it should be really fun next year.

Lots of interesting things could happen. Crowley's real son is out there somewhere, and I got the sense last night that Dean's going to be his surrogate demon kid. All that human blood did some weird stuff to him I guess. He almost seemed lonely in his monologue at the end.

I think that is because they get to basically play themselves.

Silock 05-21-2014 11:49 PM

I don't want to read the whole thread because of potential spoilers, but does the show ever get back on track? I checked out halfway through Season 6. It just got ridiculous with the whole "Sam needs his soul back" bit.

Bowser 05-22-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10644638)
I don't want to read the whole thread because of potential spoilers, but does the show ever get back on track? I checked out halfway through Season 6. It just got ridiculous with the whole "Sam needs his soul back" bit.

That's right in the middle of the Leviathan storyline, isn't it?

ragedogg69 05-23-2014 06:50 AM

Season 7 was the main leviathan storyline. Season 6 and 7 is also when Sera Gamble took over as show runner. I consider season 5 to be one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. She wrote the weakest episode of the 4 horsemen storyline, so I kinda knew this wouldnt pan out for her.

Season 6 was aimless, not knowing what the show wanted to be. Season 7 really pissed me off because
Spoiler!
That only lasted 5 minutes into season 7 I believe. ugh.

Season 8 is when the show really found its groove again and became consistently good.

kepp 05-23-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10646522)
Season 7 was the main leviathan storyline. Season 6 and 7 is also when Sera Gamble took over as show runner. I consider season 5 to be one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. She wrote the weakest episode of the 4 horsemen storyline, so I kinda knew this wouldnt pan out for her.

Season 6 was aimless, not knowing what the show wanted to be. Season 7 really pissed me off because
Spoiler!
That only lasted 5 minutes into season 7 I believe. ugh.

Season 8 is when the show really found its groove again and became consistently good.

Yes. Season 5 was the pinnacle. Hopefully they can produce that quality again.

keg in kc 05-23-2014 08:47 AM

I thought this season (9) was the weakest to date. No real standout episodes and a handful of outright bad ones.

kepp 05-23-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10646656)
I thought this season (9) was the weakest to date. No real standout episodes and a handful of outright bad ones.

The writing is floundering a bit...no doubt. But I think that the finale could open up into a good season 10. I'm hoping anyway, because it's my favorite show.

keg in kc 05-23-2014 01:38 PM

I think the lack of Bobby Singer has really hurt. Jim Beaver basically turned every episode he was in into a good one, and most of the best ones featured him.

Bowser 05-23-2014 03:14 PM

I certainly expected more heavyweight fights between the angels this season. Even the demons were disappointing. Abbadon went out way to easily, I thought. But I agree with kepp - the way the season ended left open a ton of potentially really good possibilities.

This show has had its ups and downs, but it's not doing bad considering it was only supposed to be five seasons long.

ragedogg69 05-23-2014 03:30 PM

I dont disagree with this season being kinda meh. It is what it all could be setting up for next season that makes me like it. Now if they do the whole first 5 minutes of next season, Dean is fine, I call bullshit on this season for setting up nothing.

bevischief 05-23-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10647376)
I certainly expected more heavyweight fights between the angels this season. Even the demons were disappointing. Abbadon went out way to easily, I thought. But I agree with kepp - the way the season ended left open a ton of potentially really good possibilities.

This show has had its ups and downs, but it's not doing bad considering it was only supposed to be five seasons long.

Yep can't wait to see what next season brings.

keg in kc 05-23-2014 03:35 PM

The demon tablet hasn't been destroyed (IIRC) so that must come into play somehow. I don't think there's any other way to 'fix' Dean, because he's not possessed. He's a demon. Although I guess they did establish something with the Men of Letters and Abbadon, now that I think back. The blood ceremony. Either way, my immediate thought was "next king of Hell right there, Crowley has a protege". It's not like Dean doesn't know the place intimately already.

keg in kc 05-23-2014 05:00 PM

Awesome, Sheppard's been upped to a regular for season 10: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/23/ma...-supernatural/

Bowser 05-23-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10647428)
The demon tablet hasn't been destroyed (IIRC) so that must come into play somehow. I don't think there's any other way to 'fix' Dean, because he's not possessed. He's a demon. Although I guess they did establish something with the Men of Letters and Abbadon, now that I think back. The blood ceremony. Either way, my immediate thought was "next king of Hell right there, Crowley has a protege". It's not like Dean doesn't know the place intimately already.

Crowley, King of Hell

Dean Winchester, Knight of Hell

Hope they're not afraid to take the story and get it a bit dirty.

Bowser 05-23-2014 05:30 PM

Which brings up a question - what happened to the original Cain?

keg in kc 05-23-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10647552)

He's the new police chief in Santa Barbara.

Brando 05-23-2014 08:14 PM

Just started watching this on Netflix due to this thread. Thank you!

keg in kc 05-23-2014 08:32 PM

Hope you like it!

Season one can be pretty campy at times, but it's still good, and it really kicks into high gear by the finale.

Valiant 05-23-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 10647714)
Just started watching this on Netflix due to this thread. Thank you!

I heard the soundtrack is different on streaming. To me the rock gets each episode pumping.

kepp 05-28-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10647552)

My thought on that has to do with what Crowley said to Dean when he died. He mentioned that Cain died, but the first blade wouldn't let go of him. And then when Crowley placed the blade in Dean's hands, he came to as a demon. I'm guessing that the first blade has the "transforming" power. So if I stick to my theory, Cain is dead.

keg in kc 05-28-2014 10:22 AM

Cain seemed different somehow. Demon free agent. Maybe Dean will still remain somewhat himself.

Bowser 05-28-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10655429)
Cain seemed different somehow. Demon free agent. Maybe Dean will still remain somewhat himself.

Just enough demon abilities to go find the original Ruby, hopefully.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...2/Ruby_(1).jpg

keg in kc 05-28-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10656504)

The Winchesters go to Starling City.

Bowser 05-28-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10656639)
The Winchesters go to Starling City.

Heh, is that where she ended up? That's another show I want to watch, but I don't want to jump into the middle of the story....

OldSchool 05-28-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10656504)

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...2/Ruby_(1).jpg

Yeah, why the hell did they ever switch girls for that role? Original Ruby was smoking.

Bowser 05-29-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10657029)
Yeah, why the hell did they ever switch girls for that role? Original Ruby was smoking.

I think the girl that played the next Ruby ended up marrying Jared Padaleki. Or was that Meg? Too many hot ass demon chicks on this show....

OldSchool 05-30-2014 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10659733)
I think the girl that played the next Ruby ended up marrying Jared Padaleki. Or was that Meg? Too many hot ass demon chicks on this show....

Yeah, it was the nect Ruby, not Meg. First Ruby was way better though. Dean's girl was pretty good too.

Valiant 05-30-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10655316)
My thought on that has to do with what Crowley said to Dean when he died. He mentioned that Cain died, but the first blade wouldn't let go of him. And then when Crowley placed the blade in Dean's hands, he came to as a demon. I'm guessing that the first blade has the "transforming" power. So if I stick to my theory, Cain is dead.

That would make sense. Human Cain was turned to a demon, blade would not let him die. Now Dean has all of those powers and gifts. He is basically on par with Crowley.

To balance this Sam will need powers which hopefully leads them to leading both sides and then a quality spin off.

kepp 06-02-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10661272)
That would make sense. Human Cain was turned to a demon, blade would not let him die. Now Dean has all of those powers and gifts. He is basically on par with Crowley.

To balance this Sam will need powers which hopefully leads them to leading both sides and then a quality spin off.

So I just re-watched it over lunch. Crowley actually says that its the mark that wouldn't let Cain go, not the blade.

Valiant 06-02-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10665604)
So I just re-watched it over lunch. Crowley actually says that its the mark that wouldn't let Cain go, not the blade.

I think they go hand in hand.

I am sure they will show that his anger is amplified when holding the blade as to it being secured away.

keg in kc 09-13-2014 10:25 AM

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mD0dJRFcvYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Setsuna 09-13-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10907838)
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mD0dJRFcvYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well F me. That crap better not be the entire season. This is Dean Winchester we are talking about here. These 2 boys aren't your normal humans. They can freaking break the possession of the likes of Lucifer and Dean probably could have with Michael too. How the f does he not remember all the crap he's lived through as a human and how does seeing Sam not bring it all rushing back. I did hear Cas say "It's not Dean...right now," but still. He better not be killing people though or else he needs to get got.

kepp 10-07-2014 12:30 PM

Season 10 premiere tonight!

ThaVirus 10-07-2014 01:18 PM

They haven't even put season 9 on Netflix yet. Slacker bitches..

kepp 10-07-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10991732)
They haven't even put season 9 on Netflix yet. Slacker bitches..

Ha...I just got an email from Netflix saying that season 9 is now available.

ThaVirus 10-07-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10991973)
Ha...I just got an email from Netflix saying that season 9 is now available.

Hah.

Same. Maybe I should start bitching more often. Seems to get shit done.

kepp 10-29-2014 09:57 AM

So that "Dean is a demon" plot line kind of fizzled out, huh? I expected much more mayhem and struggle between the Winchester bros.

ragedogg69 10-29-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11066724)
So that "Dean is a demon" plot line kind of fizzled out, huh? I expected much more mayhem and struggle between the Winchester bros.

The most disappointing plot line I have looked forward to since House/Cuddy 'shipping on House, MD.

Also last night's episode sucked. Nice to bring back a former guest star, but it was predictable as hell. Other than Dean's mark, they are going back to square one.

ragedogg69 11-12-2014 07:14 AM

The 200th episode was the most pandering, tumbler-baiting, fan service thing I have ever seen....

and I loved every second of it.

keg in kc 11-12-2014 09:37 AM

Yeah, it was great.

JakeLV 11-12-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11105318)
The 200th episode was the most pandering, tumbler-baiting, fan service thing I have ever seen....

and I loved every second of it.

I saw a preview for it. Do they say what happened to Chuck at all?

keg in kc 11-12-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeLV (Post 11105505)
I saw a preview for it. Do they say what happened to Chuck at all?

No comment.