ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Mr_Tomahawk 02-15-2012 02:30 PM

I am sure the BIG12 is the only conference where you will see head-kickers and potheads...

BourbonMan 02-15-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 8375493)
It will have zero impact on the program unless it is one of our big name players (which I really doubt. The boosters take care of those kids).

Three prominent defensive players on the team were arrested: Linebacker Tanner Brock, the leading tackler two seasons ago, defensive tackle D.J. Yendrey and cornerback Devin Johnson. The other player is offensive lineman Ty Horn.

KC native 02-15-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1968 (Post 8375567)
Three prominent defensive players on the team were arrested: Linebacker Tanner Brock, the leading tackler two seasons ago, defensive tackle D.J. Yendrey and cornerback Devin Johnson. The other player is offensive lineman Ty Horn.

Ouch, hadn't seen the names yet. That is going to sting. Brock and johnson especially. Brock is a ****ing moron for this. That kid had a distant shot at the pros if he kept improving. That's not happening now.

Predarat 02-15-2012 02:49 PM

They really should let college athletes drink alcohol and smoke pot. That is the age to do those sort of things.

KC native 02-15-2012 03:00 PM

So Brock's arrest warrant is up. Read through it. Initial tip came from TCU's asst chief of police (TCU has 4-5 full time gun carrying cops). That means they probably busted a student and the student snitched. FWPD gets involved. They find another snitch and start working yendrey and horn. Horn passes the cop off to Brock. All in all, we're talking very small amounts for the football players.

Cops told Patterson before bust, they drug tested the whole team, and now thoe guys are gone.

Bearcat 02-15-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

The documents also say that TCU football coach Gary Patterson sprung a surprise drug test on the football team on Feb. 1, National Signing Day, and that Brock later told an undercover officer that there "would be about 60 people being screwed" as a result of the test.

Brock, the team's leading tackler during the Frogs' 13-0 Rose Bowl season, was injured in 2011.

Sources told the Star-Telegram that Patterson ordered the drug test after a prize recruit told him that he would not attend TCU because of drug use by players.

TCU has not released results of any drug tests, but Johnson told an undercover officer that 82 players failed, the documents say.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02...#storylink=cpy

eazyb81 02-15-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Sources told the Star-Telegram that Patterson ordered the drug test after a prize recruit told him that he would not attend TCU because of drug use by players.

TCU has not released results of any drug tests, but Johnson told an undercover officer that 82 players failed, the documents say.
HOLY SHIT! That's basically the entire team.

I wonder who the star recruit was. Four star WR Ed Pope was committed for over a year before he flipped in the last week to A&M.

Bambi 02-15-2012 03:35 PM

82 players huh?

KU should get that opening conference win easy if that's the case.

:)

KC native 02-15-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8375723)
HOLY SHIT! That's basically the entire team.

I wonder who the star recruit was. Four star WR Ed Pope was committed for over a year before he flipped in the last week to A&M.

Yea I wonder who the recruit was too. But there's no way that many failed. 15-20 tops.

KC native 02-15-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8375727)
82 players huh?

KU should get that opening conference win easy if that's the case.

:)

don't watch much football do ya?

Titty Meat 02-15-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8375209)
Totally reminds me of the 2010 Iowa Insight Bowl team.

That team beat Mizzou right?

kstater 02-15-2012 04:58 PM

Chip Brown @ChipBrownOB

A source in the Big 12 tells Orangebloods.com the combined exit fees of Missouri and Texas A&M will total between $31 mil and $34 mil.

Bambi 02-15-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8375880)
That team beat Mizzou right?

I believe so. Not sure

Bambi 02-15-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8375959)
Chip Brown @ChipBrownOB

A source in the Big 12 tells Orangebloods.com the combined exit fees of Missouri and Texas A&M will total between $31 mil and $34 mil.

damn

kstater 02-15-2012 05:03 PM

@ChuckCarltonDMN: TCU defensive back. RT @kolbygriffin12: This rumor about 82 of us failing a drug test is false completely false

Mr. Plow 02-15-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Chip Brown @ChipBrownOB

Wow.

Fritz88 02-15-2012 06:03 PM

Welcome to the Big 12

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...cu-drugarrests

Quote:

TCU drug bust includes 4 football players

By NOMAAN MERCHANT, Associated Press 53 minutes ago

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP)—Authorities arrested 17 students at Texas Christian University on Wednesday as part of a six-month drug sting, an especially embarrassing blow to the school because it included four members of the high-profile football team.

Arrest warrants painted a startling picture of the Horned Frogs, with a handful of players who allegedly arranged marijuana sales after class or around practice and who told police that most of the team had failed a surprise drug test just two weeks ago.

According to police, players sold undercover officers marijuana during the season and as recently as last week.

“There are days people want to be a head football coach, but today is not one of those days,” coach Gary Patterson said in a prepared statement. “As I heard the news this morning, I was first shocked, then hurt and now I’m mad.”

The 17 people arrested were caught making “hand-to-hand” sales of marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy and prescription drugs to undercover officers, police said. They said the bust followed an investigation prompted by complaints from students, parents and others.

TCU has an enrollment of about 9,500 students, but the athlete arrests drew the most scrutiny. The bust came just one day after a thrilling overtime victory by the men’s basketball team over a ranked opponent and less than 24 hours after TCU released its football schedule for next season, its first in the Big 12 Conference.

Three prominent defensive players on the team were arrested: linebacker Tanner Brock, the leading tackler two seasons ago, defensive tackle D.J. Yendrey and cornerback Devin Johnson. The other player is offensive lineman Ty Horn.

While school Chancellor Victor Boschini said he didn’t think TCU had a “football problem,” the arrest affidavits raise the possibility that other players were involved.

In November, a Fort Worth police officer was informed that Horn was selling marijuana to “college students and football players at Texas Christian.” The officer allegedly bought marijuana that day, Nov. 3, two days before a road game at Wyoming, from both Horn and Yendrey.

Officers during the next several months allegedly set up drug deals with the players outside restaurants, a grocery store and other areas around campus. On Jan. 19, Brock allegedly sold an officer $200 worth of marijuana after Yendrey ran out.

“After a short conversation about the marijuana, Brock and I exchanged phone numbers, telling me to come to him from now on instead of (Yendrey),” according to the affidavits.

Horn and Johnson scoffed at the Feb. 1 team drug test ordered by Patterson, police said. Brock allegedly told an undercover officer that he failed the surprise test “for sure,” but that it wouldn’t be a problem because there “would be about 60 people screwed.”

Horn had looked through the football roster and “said there were only 20 people that would pass the test on the team,” Brock said, according to the warrant.

And six days after the test, Johnson allegedly sold an officer $300 worth of marijuana. Asked about the test, he said: “What can they do, 82 people failed it.”

TCU released a statement late Wednesday afternoon that said the school tests its athletes for drug use “on a regular basis.”

“The comments about failed drug tests made by the separated players in affidavits cannot be verified simply because they were made in the context of a drug buy,” the school said. Patterson declined to answer questions beyond his prepared statement.

Phone messages left at the homes of Horn, Johnson and Yendrey were not immediately returned. Brock did not have a listed home number. All of the players are 21 except for Yendrey, who is 20.

Brock was being held on $10,000 bond at the Mansfield city jail. Johnson and Horn were being transferred to the jail on Wednesday afternoon and Yendrey had not been arraigned.

Police said they had yet to determine if other football players were involved or would be charged.

Officials said the students had been “separated from TCU” and criminally barred from campus, but it wasn’t clear if the players had been kicked off the team.

“I expect our student-athletes to serve as ambassadors for the university and will not tolerate behavior that reflects poorly on TCU, the athletics department, our teams or other student-athletes within the department,” athletic director Chris Del Conte said. “Our student-athletes are a microcosm of society and unfortunately that means some of our players reflect a culture that glorifies drugs and drug use. That mindset is not reflected by TCU nor will it be allowed within athletics.”

Brock was the leading tackler for TCU as a sophomore during the 2010 season, when the Horned Frogs went 13-0, won the Rose Bowl and finished the year ranked No. 2. Brock started the season opener at Baylor last September, but aggravated a foot injury that required season-ending surgery.

Yendrey started 12 of 13 games this past season, when he had 39 tackles and three sacks. Johnson played in all 13 games, starting the last eight, and had 47 tackles with 2 1/2 sacks.

Brock likely would have been a starter again in 2012. Yendrey, who also started five guys as a junior, and Johnson both were juniors last season and had another season of eligibility. Horn appeared in 10 games this past season, making one start. He played in eight games as a freshman.

“Under my watch, drugs and drug use by TCU’s student-athletes will not be tolerated by me or any member of my coaching staff,” Patterson said. “I believe strongly that young people’s lives are more important than wins or losses.

He added: “At the end of the day, though, sometimes young people make poor choices. The Horned Frogs are bigger and stronger than those involved.”

Boschini, the chancellor, called the charges against all the students “simply unacceptable.” Fraternity members were among those arrested, though Boschini said he didn’t think any whole fraternity houses were at fault.

“Today’s events have changed the life of everybody at TCU,” Boschini said.

———

AP Sports Writer Stephen Hawkins contributed to this report.

mnchiefsguy 02-15-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Chip Brown @ChipBrownOB

I'll believe it when I see it...after all, Chip Brown had UT in the Pac-16 last year. His record on re-alignment has not been all that great.

Didn't Brown predict some large exit fee for CU and NU?

Mr. Plow 02-15-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8376149)
I'll believe it when I see it...after all, Chip Brown had UT in the Pac-16 last year. His record on re-alignment has not been all that great.

Didn't Brown predict some large exit fee for CU and NU?

Yeah - seems high to me, but who knows.

Saul Good 02-15-2012 06:12 PM

The next time Chip is correct will be the first.

duncan_idaho 02-15-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8376056)
Wow.

That's what they're asking for. Which means Missouri and aTm will actually end up paying much, much less than that.

Honestly, I think it's a possiblity aTm and Mizzou might lawyer up and force the Big 12 to sue them (and then wait out the collapse of the league).

Pitt Gorilla 02-15-2012 07:19 PM

Again, why would a conference that is worth a damn have exit fees?

mnchiefsguy 02-15-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8376315)
That's what they're asking for. Which means Missouri and aTm will actually end up paying much, much less than that.

Honestly, I think it's a possiblity aTm and Mizzou might lawyer up and force the Big 12 to sue them (and then wait out the collapse of the league).

Given how shaky the bylaws appear to be, that might be a possibility.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-15-2012 07:38 PM

Nebraska: No regrets. The Huskers miss the Oklahoma rivalry, but it was a shell of its former self anyway. The Big Ten is perfect for Nebraska. The Huskers might not win a Big Ten title anytime soon, but the Huskers' last Big 12 football title was 1999.

Missouri: Regrets. The Tigers actually will be fine with SEC football. I think they'll win their share of games, make a bowl virtually every year, make a run at a division title or two. Might even win the SEC East sometime. In other words, do about what Mizzou has done in the Big 12 the last 6-8 years. But Missouri is going to miss Big 12 basketball. Its games with Kansas. The conference tournament in Kansas City, which has served as a Mizzou reunion lo these many years. Neither can be replicated in the SEC, and when the Tigers are playing South Carolina or somebody in an 11:30 a.m. Thursday game in the first round of the SEC Tournament, with maybe 300 Mizzou fans and 4,000 total in the Georgia Dome, Missouri people will look at each other and say, what have we done?

Colorado: No regrets. The Buffs were in the Big 12/Big Eight/Big Seven for 60 years, and not one thing bound them to the conference. No real rivalry. No great tradition, except for three or four years of Bill McCartney excellence 20 years ago. Colorado might never feel a strong connection with the Pac-12, but it never felt a strong connection with its old partners, either.

Texas A&M: Regrets. The Aggies left the Big 12 for one reason. To get away from Texas. Except the Ags are going to realize, they didn't get away from the Longhorns. In the boardrooms and courtrooms and teacher lounges all across Texas, there will be Texas Exes, grinning at A&M's struggles to overcome Alabama or LSU or Auburn. And the only satisfaction A&M ever got in this bad-blood rivalry – beating Texas – now is gone.

West Virginia: No regrets. Who knows if the Mountaineers will enjoy the Big 12 or not? West Virginia no doubt would have preferred the ACC, because of geography, but that door never opened. So the Mountaineers travel cross-country, where they should be fine competitively and they most definitely will not be in the dysfunctional Big East, which started out as a compact hoops league and now is bloated from sea to shining sea, much to the chagrin of old-line league members.

Read more: http://newsok.com/conference-realign...#ixzz1mVLwtoqz

Saul Good 02-15-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

There are no damages to sue for. Because they added a tenth team, the television contract didn't lose any value. In fact, each member school gets a larger share than they did when there were 12 teams.

Saul Good 02-15-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8376344)
Nebraska: No regrets. The Huskers miss the Oklahoma rivalry, but it was a shell of its former self anyway. The Big Ten is perfect for Nebraska. The Huskers might not win a Big Ten title anytime soon, but the Huskers' last Big 12 football title was 1999.

Missouri: Regrets. The Tigers actually will be fine with SEC football. I think they'll win their share of games, make a bowl virtually every year, make a run at a division title or two. Might even win the SEC East sometime. In other words, do about what Mizzou has done in the Big 12 the last 6-8 years. But Missouri is going to miss Big 12 basketball. Its games with Kansas. The conference tournament in Kansas City, which has served as a Mizzou reunion lo these many years. Neither can be replicated in the SEC, and when the Tigers are playing South Carolina or somebody in an 11:30 a.m. Thursday game in the first round of the SEC Tournament, with maybe 300 Mizzou fans and 4,000 total in the Georgia Dome, Missouri people will look at each other and say, what have we done?

Colorado: No regrets. The Buffs were in the Big 12/Big Eight/Big Seven for 60 years, and not one thing bound them to the conference. No real rivalry. No great tradition, except for three or four years of Bill McCartney excellence 20 years ago. Colorado might never feel a strong connection with the Pac-12, but it never felt a strong connection with its old partners, either.

Texas A&M: Regrets. The Aggies left the Big 12 for one reason. To get away from Texas. Except the Ags are going to realize, they didn't get away from the Longhorns. In the boardrooms and courtrooms and teacher lounges all across Texas, there will be Texas Exes, grinning at A&M's struggles to overcome Alabama or LSU or Auburn. And the only satisfaction A&M ever got in this bad-blood rivalry – beating Texas – now is gone.

West Virginia: No regrets. Who knows if the Mountaineers will enjoy the Big 12 or not? West Virginia no doubt would have preferred the ACC, because of geography, but that door never opened. So the Mountaineers travel cross-country, where they should be fine competitively and they most definitely will not be in the dysfunctional Big East, which started out as a compact hoops league and now is bloated from sea to shining sea, much to the chagrin of old-line league members.

Read more: http://newsok.com/conference-realign...#ixzz1mVLwtoqz

Some guy from Oklahoma thinks that Mizzou is going to regret the move because they won't be playing in front of as large of a crowd in the SEC tournament as they did in the Big XII tournament.

Is it too late to stay in the Big XII? This is a disaster.

KC native 02-15-2012 08:11 PM

If any of you are interested, they have all the arrest warrants up in this article

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02...-arrested.html

I'm about halfway through them and these kids were ****ing idiots. The cop more or less just called a lot of them, no referral, just said can you hook me up out of the blue.

All of the warrants have pictures too.

Mr. Plow 02-16-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

I expect the fees to probably be more than Nebraska paid, but probably not much.

Saul Good 02-16-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8377193)
I expect the fees to probably be more than Nebraska paid, but probably not much.

For what reason? For the life of me, I see no justification for that.

Nebraska left an intact conference. Mizzou left a fragmented conference after 25% of the membership had already bolted.

The television contract was not reduced, so there are no damages as far as I can tell.

Neinas trashed Mizzou up one side and down the other when Mizzou had said nothing other than "we are proud members of the Big XII". That isn't the behavior of a conference that is trying to look out for the best interest of it's member and wants it to stay.

What would be your justification for anything above what Nebraska paid?

Bambi 02-16-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8375534)
I am sure the BIG12 is the only conference where you will see head-kickers and potheads...

Apparently the Florida team has had 9 different players arrested a total of ten times in the past year.

So who knows?

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8377296)
What would be your justification for anything above what Nebraska paid?

Expediency.

If you can pay $5 million after a protracted argument, probably the initiation of litigation and a very public campaign from both sides to discredit the other OR you can pay $10 million to just wash your hands and move on to bigger and better things - you go with the latter.

I'm still not sure they'll have to, but if they do I'd imagine that will be the reason why. Rather than take shots from the conference for a year, they'll just go to a booster, get their scratch and move along.

Frazod 02-16-2012 11:06 AM

Why should we pay them anything? They've already replaced us. **** 'em.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-16-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8377582)
Why should we pay them anything? They've already replaced us. **** 'em.

The answer may surpass your comprehension.

Frazod 02-16-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8377586)

The proper use of toilet paper may surpass yours.

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8377573)
Expediency.

If you can pay $5 million after a protracted argument, probably the initiation of litigation and a very public campaign from both sides to discredit the other OR you can pay $10 million to just wash your hands and move on to bigger and better things - you go with the latter.

I'm still not sure they'll have to, but if they do I'd imagine that will be the reason why. Rather than take shots from the conference for a year, they'll just go to a booster, get their scratch and move along.

Shouldn't be a problem for the Big 12 to easily show that the actions of the departing schools was intentionally meant to damage the conference.

Especially in the case of Missouri where the public statements for desiring a move to the BIG can easily be presented as a harmful act towards a conference that had done nothing but help them progress as an athletic and academic entity.

If Missouri settles quickly we'll know this is the truth.

The Big 12 can then wash their hands of underperforming institutions and progress towards building a conference that contains loyal and honest parties.

Everyone wants Missouri gone but they should be held accountable for their actions over the past two years financially. That's a no brainer.

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8377586)

lol

kepp 02-16-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377599)
Shouldn't be a problem for the Big 12 to easily show that the actions of the departing schools was intentionally meant to damage the conference.

Especially in the case of Missouri where the public statements for desiring a move to the BIG can easily be presented as a harmful act towards a conference that had done nothing but help them progress as an athletic and academic entity.

The Big 12 can then wash their hands of underperforming institutions and progress towards building a conference that contains loyal and honest parties.

Everyone wants Missouri gone but they should be held accountable for their actions over the past two years financially. That's a no brainer.

Thanks, wickedmatlock. I see you have the legal side of this under control.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Try not to discuss the law.

You look even dumber than usual.

Frazod 02-16-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Tell me, ****head, should Texas and Oklahoma and their suck-up schools (meaning the suck-up schools they actually care about) have to pay anything for taking the conference to the brink of ruin when they nearly bolted for the Pac-12?

Or was that Missouri's fault, too?

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8377609)
Try not to discuss the law.

You look even dumber than usual.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Should be interesting.

You can't just **** with people and walk away.

Missouri has done a pretty stupid thing.

Figuring things out has never been MU's strength.

Saul Good 02-16-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Mizzou made this move to intentionally damage the conference? That is the dumbest comment I've heard about this whole thing yet, and I read some of WVU's fans' comments.

BTW, who said anything about the B1G? I'd be interested in a link quoting what Mizzou officials said that is harmful to the conference. I thought it was "we are proud members of the Big XII" but I would gladly recalibrate my perspective if evidence to the contrary were presented.

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8377612)
Tell me, ****head, should Texas and Oklahoma and their suck-up schools (meaning the suck-up schools they actually care about) have to pay anything for taking the conference to the brink of ruin when they nearly bolted for the Pac-12?

Or was that Missouri's fault, too?

Oklahoma and Texas made statements publicly indicating that they were interested in moving to the PAC-12?

I admit I hadn't seen any. If they have or did I'd like to see the link because yes, you would be correct.

Frazod 02-16-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377622)
Oklahoma and Texas made statements publicly indicating that they were interested in moving to the PAC-12?

I admit I hadn't seen any. If they have or did I'd like to see the link because yes, you would be correct.

Oh, so you never heard about this, right? LMAO

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377614)
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Should be interesting.

You can't just **** with people and walk away.

Missouri has done a pretty stupid thing.

Figuring things out has never been MU's strength.

No, you see - you don't have to wait and see on anything here.

What you said made no sense. Not only did you misstate the proper cause of action, as near as I can tell you didn't actually state proper elements or standards of proof for any real cause of action. I suppose you could stretch it into some kind of tortious interference claim or something, but even still that's probably more of an alternative cause of action than the one you'd actually proceed on (the BoK claim is far easier to make than a tort action would be).

No, you sound like an idiot and we know that in real time. Your analysis was about as useful as my dog banging away at the keyboard would have been. Regardless of how this ultimately plays out, you came nowhere near what the actual justifications for said outcome would be.

No need to wait and see - we can go ahead and call this one now: You are guilty of being a present, material, moron.

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8377620)
Mizzou made this move to intentionally damage the conference? That is the dumbest comment I've heard about this whole thing yet, and I read some of WVU's fans' comments.

BTW, who said anything about the B1G? I'd be interested in a link quoting what Mizzou officials said that is harmful to the conference. I thought it was "we are proud members of the Big XII" but I would gladly recalibrate my perspective if evidence to the contrary were presented.

not an "official" but I would think think a lawyer could easily group together the governor and the state's flagship institution.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Missouri governor pushes Big Ten move

By Chuck Carlton / Reporter

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon just gave a little more momentum to the Missouri-to-the-Big-Ten rumors.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Nixon, a Missouri grad, endorsed the move and offered some interesting opinions of current Big 12 member institutions.

"I'm not going to say anything bad about the Big 12, but when you compare Oklahoma State to Northwestern, when you compare Texas Tech to Wisconsin, I mean, you begin looking at educational possibilities that are worth looking at," Nixon told the AP.

"If a significant conference with a long history of academic and athletic excellence talks about you joining them, you shouldn't just say, 'We're from the old Big 8 and I remember when ... If they want to talk, we should talk, and we should listen."

Frazod 02-16-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377632)
not an "official" but I would think think a lawyer could easily group together the governor and the state's flagship institution.

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon just gave a little more momentum to the Missouri-to-the-Big-Ten rumors.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Nixon, a Missouri grad, endorsed the move and offered some interesting opinions of current Big 12 member institutions.

"I'm not going to say anything bad about the Big 12, but when you compare Oklahoma State to Northwestern, when you compare Texas Tech to Wisconsin, I mean, you begin looking at educational possibilities that are worth looking at," Nixon told the AP.

"If a significant conference with a long history of academic and athletic excellence talks about you joining them, you shouldn't just say, 'We're from the old Big 8 and I remember when ... If they want to talk, we should talk, and we should listen."

Really. So you're saying Nixon runs the university? ROFL

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377632)

AWESOME!

Now we're imparting vicarious liability from the Governor onto the University?!?!? I'm not even going to go into the ways that would be legally impossible in this instance, but trust me - it is.

Jesus Christ, please stop. I'm begging you, just stop. You clearly have no earthly idea what you're talking about. Again - we don't have to wait and see, we can affirmatively state right now that you have no goddamn clue what you're talking about.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8377635)
Really. So you're saying Nixon runs the university? ROFL

Fantastic, isn't it?

We've gone from a mere BoK action, to a claim of tortious interference (I guess), to what now has to amount to a wholesale, statewide conspiracy whereupon Jay Nixon was either an agent in the employ of the University or evidently the ringleader of active fraud perpetrated by the University against the IIX, giving rise to conspiratorial liability for each one of them.

Jay better get his Lawyers on the phone - Wicklock has him by the balls on this one.

**** me - he and Braincase are in reerun-off over the last 12 hours, aren't they? It's like Wickedson saw the degree of Braincase's trolling and thought to himself "how can I appear to be even more mindless than him?"

Congrats, chief - I think you've managed.

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8377624)
Oh, so you never heard about this, right? LMAO

I've read lots of blogs over the past 2 years.

Shit, I remember back in the 90's when the the Big 10 was talking about trying to Kansas and Missouri.

None of the talk equals what Missouri has been doing over the past 2 years. But it's not my job to prove that in court.

I don't remember seeing anything concrete about a school or state official saying publicly that OK and UT wanted to join the PAC-12. Only bloggers.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377654)
I've read lots of blogs over the past 2 years.

Shit, I remember back in the 90's when the the Big 10 was talking about trying to Kansas and Missouri.

None of the talk equals what Missouri has been doing over the past 2 years. But it's not my job to prove that in court.

I don't remember seeing anything concrete about a school or state official saying publicly that OK and UT wanted to join the PAC-12. Only bloggers.

Sit the next couple out, champ.

Let this roll over to the next page and maybe you can act like the last 15 minutes never happened.

I just got off the phone with Jay and I'm advising him to do the same thing.

Saul Good 02-16-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8377637)
AWESOME!

Now we're imparting vicarious liability from the Governor onto the University?!?!? I'm not even going to go into the ways that would be legally impossible in this instance, but trust me - it is.

Jesus Christ, please stop. I'm begging you, just stop. You clearly have no earthly idea what you're talking about. Again - we don't have to wait and see, we can affirmatively state right now that you have no goddamn clue what you're talking about.

Wrong, DJ. It can be done "easily" by a lawyer. Lawyers do lawyery things, and the courts are all "damn!"

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8377637)
AWESOME!

Cool. Missouri should leave without paying a dime.

Can't wait to see.

Sooner the better in my opinion.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377663)

Can't wait to see.

:doh!:

Do you think it's the smoke coming out of the airplane that makes it fly? Just askin'...

Saul Good 02-16-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377663)

Can't wait to see.

I'm so glad you're a KU fan. Your fellow KU fans must feel the same way I feel about sports shrink in DC. The association alone makes everyone else look bad.

Frazod 02-16-2012 11:45 AM

I realize Missouri will have to pay something, but I really don't see why it would need to be some outrageous amount.

The Big XII is only one big happy family in Wickedson's tiny little mind. There are the schools that wanted to leave but couldn't because the Pac-12 wisely came to their senses, the schools nobody else wants, and the castoffs that have no idea what they're getting into. But however dysfunctional they may be, they've moved on, have new members and a full schedule for next year's season.

There are no damages here, beyond KU butthurt, which really doesn't rate any consideration, monetary or otherwise. It's not like Missouri's absense left Big Texas teetering on the brink of ruin.

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8377683)
I realize Missouri will have to pay something, but I really don't see why it would need to be some outrageous amount.

The Big XII is only one big happy family in Wickedson's tiny little mind. There are the schools that wanted to leave but couldn't because the Pac-12 wisely came to their senses, the schools nobody else wants, and the castoffs that have no idea what they're getting into. But however dysfunctional they may be, they've moved on, have new members and a full schedule for next year's season.

There are no damages here, beyond KU butthurt, which really doesn't rate any consideration, monetary or otherwise. It's not like Missouri's absense left Big Texas teetering on the brink of ruin.

Don't get me wrong.

Personally I have no pressing desire to try and drain MU and A&M for as much as possible. It's not like I myself would see a dime.

The schools that did not want to be apart of the schools they've been associated with for over 100 years have left. As a fan I'm interested in competing with schools that want to be apart of what my school represents.

Did I think that this would mean having to compete with better football programs? Not really. But it is what it is. You're right, a new schedule is in place and it is time for all to move on.

And yes, I understand that Missouri will be paying something. It's a rule in the by laws of the conference.

And no, this does not mean that the Big 12 conference has won some legal battle once a check is written (or payments are withheld). However it works out.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377704)
Don't get me wrong.

Personally I have no pressing desire to try and drain MU and A&M for as much as possible. It's not like I myself would see a dime.

The schools that did not want to be apart of the schools they've been associated with for over 100 years have left. As a fan I'm interested in competing with schools that want to be apart of what my school represents.

Did I think that this would mean having to compete with better football programs? Not really. But it is what it is. You're right, a new schedule is in place and it is time for all to move on.

And yes, I understand that Missouri will be paying something. It's a rule in the by laws of the conference.

And no, this does not mean that the Big 12 conference has won some legal battle once a check is written (or payments are withheld). However it works out.

The 'rule' is an attempted liquidated damages provision. Contract law does not allow for punitive provisions in a contract (it encourages 'efficient breach'). So for the 'rule' in the bylaws to have legal effect, the conference will have to establish that the damages of a team leaving the conference are difficult to ascertain and that the liquidated damages provision is a reasonable approximation of what those damages would be (i.e. not a penalty provision).

In other words - MU's intent in leaving is absolutely irrelevant unless you're pursuing a tort claim or something, which would be pretty insane as you'll never prove it up. Instead they'll want to proceed on the K claim. Now if MU can establish that the liquidated damages don't approximate the damages that the IIX suffered in Mizzou leaving (i.e. all that nonsense that Neinas, and you, have been spewing about the conference being stronger without Mizzou), then you're going to have a damn hard time getting those damages awarded. At that point, the damages provision would be read as strictly punitive.

The IIX is going to have to do a hard left and backtrack from their "we're better without Mizzou" if they hope to enforce those terms. And then they'll need to explain how it's 'reasonable' to base the damages on the lost revenue of a television rights deal that wasn't actually altered when Mizzou left.

In other words - in contract law, yeah - you can absolutely "just **** with people and walk away" if the plaintiff isn't actually worse off for your leaving; and if you listen to the hired representative and chief agent of the IIX, they aren't. And no, Missouri hasn't done a stupid thing at all because the law of contracts encourages efficient breach.

Again - just stop.

Frazod 02-16-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377704)
Don't get me wrong.

I love the way you just ignore the fact that there WOULD BE NO BIG XII had the Pac-12 accepted Texas, OU, Okie Light and Tech. It would be over. Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M and Baylor have absolutely nothing to do with that 100 years shit you keep bleating about. The only modern era members dating back to 1907 are KU, MU and Nebraska, which is already gone. You do realize that, right? Seriously, this century of solidarity shit you're running pushes the boundaries of dumbass, even for you.

Bambi 02-16-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8377715)
The 'rule' is an attempted liquidated damages provision. Contract law does not allow for punitive provisions in a contract (it encourages 'efficient breach'). So for the 'rule' in the bylaws to have legal effect, the conference will have to establish that the damages of a team leaving the conference are difficult to ascertain and that the liquidated damages provision is a reasonable approximation of what those damages would be (i.e. not a penalty provision).

In other words - MU's intent in leaving is absolutely irrelevant unless you're pursuing a tort claim or something, which would be pretty insane as you'll never prove it up. Instead they'll want to proceed on the K claim. Now if MU can establish that the liquidated damages don't approximate the damages that the IIX suffered in Mizzou leaving (i.e. all that nonsense that Neinas, and you, have been spewing about the conference being stronger without Mizzou), then you're going to have a damn hard time getting those damages awarded. At that point, the damages provision would be read as strictly punitive.

The IIX is going to have to do a hard left and backtrack from their "we're better without Mizzou" if they hope to enforce those terms. And then they'll need to explain how it's 'reasonable' to base the damages on the lost revenue of a television rights deal that wasn't actually altered when Mizzou left.

In other words - in contract law, yeah - you can absolutely "just **** with people and walk away" if the plaintiff isn't actually worse off for your leaving; and if you listen to the hired representative and chief agent of the IIX, they aren't. And no, Missouri hasn't done a stupid thing at all because the law of contracts encourages efficient breach.

Again - just stop.

What is the IIX?

Bambi 02-16-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8377718)
I love the way you just ignore the fact that there WOULD BE NO BIG XII had the Pac-12 accepted Texas, OU, Okie Light and Tech. It would be over. Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M and Baylor have absolutely nothing to do with that 100 years shit you keep bleating about. The only modern era members dating back to 1907 are KU, MU and Nebraska, which is already gone. You do realize that, right? Seriously, this century of solidarity shit you're running pushes the boundaries of dumbass, even for you.

Texas - Texas A&M first played in 1894

Texas Tech - Texas A&M first played in 1927

Kansas - Missouri first played in 1891

Texas A&M and Baylor first played in 1899

So yeah, you're wrong. Many long time series are being destroyed with these moves.

I hope it was worth it for you.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8377718)

The same LHN that almost destroyed the IIX is what ended up saving it.

Once that thing fails, UT and OU are headed west. OSU and TTU can come along for the ride if they'd like.

Though at that point KU would still probably end up in the B1G; I just can't see them getting left out altogether - there aren't that many schools that do anything well left, so at least KU doing one thing well will get them the nod.

I'd still get a kick out of them spending a year or 2 in MWC limbo, though. Ultimately it would serve them right and maybe take the entitled shitheads down a peg.

Bambi 02-16-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8377679)
I'm so glad you're a KU fan. Your fellow KU fans must feel the same way I feel about sports shrink in DC. The association alone makes everyone else look bad.

I'm so glad you're a MU fan. You're constant obsession with everything KU makes us all realize we're doing something right.

Or at least something you'd like to be apart of. Shit, you live in the state for God's sake.

Bambi 02-16-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8377737)
I'd still get a kick out of them spending a year or 2 in MWC limbo, though. Ultimately it would serve them right and maybe take the entitled shitheads down a peg.

Talk about butthurt.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377747)
Talk about butthurt.

C'mon - hoss, keep on giving us that Perry Mason doctrine.

I was learning a great deal from it. You and KC_Connection have been fantastic teachers of late. Braincase has even stepped in to teach us the intricacies of lessons learned coaching middle-school girls basketball to gauge the appropriate effort of division one basketball teams using nothing but the box scores!

The knowledge you fellas are dropping on us these last several days has just made us all demonstrably better for your efforts. Thank you, Beakers - thank you so very much for all that which you have bestowed upon us.

patteeu 02-16-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377730)

So yeah, you're wrong. Many long time series are being destroyed with these moves.

The schools who are destroying these long-time series are the ones refusing to continue them, not Missouri or Texas A&M.

Bambi 02-16-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8377766)
C'mon - hoss, keep on giving us that Perry Mason doctrine.

I was learning a great deal from it. You and KC_Connection have been fantastic teachers of late. Braincase has even stepped in to teach us the intricacies of lessons learned coaching middle-school girls basketball to gauge the appropriate effort of division one basketball teams using nothing but the box scores!

The knowledge you fellas are dropping on us these last several days has just made us all demonstrably better for your efforts. Thank you, Beakers - thank you so very much for all that which you have bestowed upon us.

Well....

I'm no lawyer, so.

But when I have been referencing that the Big XII is now better off without MU and A&M while adding WVU and TCU I was speaking more towards the level of play on the field. I can't speak for Neinas but I can definitely see how the conference is hurt based on regional population and television sets.

So I don't think that it's as cut and dry as saying that Missouri and Texas A&M's actions cannot be held as financially damaging to the member institutions. Although the far superior football program, West Virginia doesn't boast nearly the population that Missouri does. Now can the increased level of football play offset this by making future television contracts more valuable? Maybe... that is what the Big XII needs to figure out if in fact it's worth going after additional funds in regards to the University of Missouri and Texas A&M.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Bambi 02-16-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8377809)
The schools who are destroying these long-time series are the ones refusing to continue them, not Missouri or Texas A&M.

Seems many people do not share this sentiment.

patteeu 02-16-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377819)

Facts aren't subject to a vote.

Bambi 02-16-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8377821)
Facts aren't subject to a vote.

Completely agree.

Saul Good 02-16-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377819)

Every Big XII team that has had the option to join another conference has done so. Why do you suppose that is?

HolyHandgernade 02-16-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8377824)
Every Big XII team that has had the option to join another conference has done so. Why do you suppose that is?

They couldn't hack it in the old one?

Saul Good 02-16-2012 01:03 PM

Kansas will only agree to play Missouri if they are foced to do so by league affiliation, yet they blame Mizzou for ending the rivalry.

If I have my dog chained up in my yard for 15 years, he's not really showing any loyalty. If I then unchain him only to watch him run away and never come back, the dog ended the relationship, not me.

You are blaming Mizzou because we let you off the chain. We didn't throw you out of the yard, though. You made that choice.

Bambi 02-16-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8377824)

Cause they kept getting beat down and embarrassed on the field?

That's the only reason that threads all four of the schools.

But I don't make decisions for them so who knows.

Saul Good 02-16-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8377837)
They couldn't hack it in the old one?

Thomas Robinson is going to head to the NBA without ever winning a championship in college. I guess that means he's leaving because he couldn't hack it at Kansas.

Bambi 02-16-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8377838)
Kansas will only agree to play Missouri if they are foced to do so by league affiliation, yet they blame Mizzou for ending the rivalry.

If I have my dog chained up in my yard for 15 years, he's not really showing any loyalty. If I then unchain him only to watch him run away and never come back, the dog ended the relationship, not me.

You are blaming Mizzou because we let you off the chain. We didn't throw you out of the yard, though. You made that choice.

MU was given a choice. They made it.

MU needs KU to stay relevant in the Kansas City area.

The rest of the state of Missouri doesn't really care that much.

Fly butterfly, fly...

Bambi 02-16-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8377849)
Thomas Robinson is going to head to the NBA without ever winning a championship in college. I guess that means he's leaving because he couldn't hack it at Kansas.

He won it last year dumbass.

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 01:11 PM

{rest....of.....missouri....doesn't..........care.}

Keep going, Wickedson. I'm taking some feverish notes over here.

I am learning so much.

Saul Good 02-16-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377851)
MU was given a choice. They made it.

MU needs KU to stay relevant in the Kansas City area.

The rest of the state of Missouri doesn't really care that much.

Fly butterfly, fly...

Nobody in KC cares about Mizzou. That's why there aren't any Mizzou posts on this KC Chiefs message board.

Bambi 02-16-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8377864)
{rest....of.....missouri....doesn't..........care.}

Keep going, Wickedson. I'm taking some feverish notes over here.

I am learning so much.

Why?

It's a message board. The posts don't go anywhere. They'll be here as long as CP exists.

Frazod 02-16-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377730)

Are you completely reeruned? Oh wait, you are. But tell me, what does ANY TEXAS SCHOOL have to do with the original Big 6/7/8? NOTHING. Why would I give two shits about the first time Baylor and A&M played each other, or when it was? And did Missouri have ANYTHING to do with A&M leaving? They left before we did, you pinhead! As did Nebraska. As did Colorado.

Your stupidity grows by the day. Do you have some degenerative disease, or actually pay somebody to cut out a little piece of your brain every morning?