ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

Brock 01-22-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9342556)

Not that I expect such an offer to be made, but if something crazy like that happens I for one will be royally pissed at the FO for not taking it in favor of securing Geno Smith.

You'll probably be pissed if they take the offer and three years later Geno is winning a playoff game for Buffalo or whoever.

KC native 01-22-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9342554)
Can people stop falling for the trolls? Trolls keep coming here and people still argue with them. I don't get it.

They're not all trolls. Just check the comments on the Chiefs facebook posts.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9342556)
I don't think it's a guarantee, but let's say someone gives us their top 10 1st plus their 2nd, plus their 1st and 2nd next year. We would be crazy not to take it.

Not that I expect such an offer to be made, but if something crazy like that happens I for one will be royally pissed at the FO for not taking it in favor of securing Geno Smith.

If someone is willing to do that, then it's for a QB. If another team is willing to give up that much for Geno, then you have to wonder if you should even be passing on him at all.

People called the Redskins crazy.....they don't look too crazy right now.

ToxSocks 01-22-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9342569)
How does Bowe need to show more Maturity? He has kept his mouth shut for a few years now and has not done anything remotely immature.

shhhhh.

He needs another "wait and see" year.

Apparently the last 4 haven't been good enough.

-King- 01-22-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9342573)

So? Ignore them. The majority of them who sign on to this site ARE trolls. Hot carl is one of them.

Frankie 01-22-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9342571)
You'll probably be pissed if they take the offer and three years later Geno is winning a playoff game for Buffalo or whoever.

Probably. But I don't give that even a 50-50 chance. And quite the opposite can happen too. He can bust.

So yes if a deal like I described comes up I'd take it in a heartbeat. Between Wilson, Glennon, Dysart, I'd find a pill to ease my pain of losing out on Geno.

Frankie 01-22-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9342574)
If someone is willing to do that, then it's for a QB. If another team is willing to give up that much for Geno, then you have to wonder if you should even be passing on him at all.

People called the Redskins crazy.....they don't look too crazy right now.

Actually RG3's career could end up being very short. It may still end up being crazy to invest that much on any player. But that's another subject altogether.

Molitoth 01-22-2013 09:57 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/custo...atar672_29.gif

I don't know if that is you or not Frankie, but you could pass as Michael Ironside. =)

Strongside 01-22-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9342569)
How does Bowe need to show more Maturity? He has kept his mouth shut for a few years now and has not done anything remotely immature.

This. Bowe has shown, for the past 3-4 seasons, that he's worthy of a big deal. Give it to him, already.

suzzer99 01-22-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9342162)
Doing some research on BlackBob and Rambozo, both of their IP's come from Georgia. One came from Elljay, GA the other Alpharetta, GA.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...509baaadb5.jpg

Hammock Parties 01-22-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9343233)
Actually RG3's career could end up being very short. It may still end up being crazy to invest that much on any player. But that's another subject altogether.

Don't start posting like you're smart.

J Diddy 01-22-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9342511)
It takes a franchise QB first and foremost. Every team in the playoffs has one.

suddenly kaepernicks a franchise quarterback? Was he in the beginning of this year?

Granted he's kicking ass, however, the guy he put on the bench was the franchise quarterback

Mecca 01-22-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9343350)
suddenly kaepernicks a franchise quarterback? Was he in the beginning of this year?

Granted he's kicking ass, however, the guy he put on the bench was the franchise quarterback

He was the past regimes QB, Kaepernick was drafted in Harbaugh's first year.

DaneMcCloud 01-22-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9343350)

Alex Smith was taken #1 over in 2005. Jim Harbaugh was hired in 2011 and helped Smith to his best season, where they were one game away from the Super Bowl last year (or one fumble).

The 49ers traded up to draft Kaepernick, who was raw but had intangibles, in the 2011 draft. Harbaugh spent more than a year working with him and decided to make the switch mid-season. He's definitely been the difference between 2011 and 2012.

The bottom line is that teams miss on QB's all the time. Teams missed on Kaepernick, Dalton, Wilson, and maybe even Cousins and Foles. And while I hope that the Chiefs don't pass on a QB with their #1 overall pick, I also know that it's not the end of world, as some are predicting.

RustShack 01-22-2013 11:07 PM

Geno would be the classic QB that falls down the draft and ends up being great. So lets not miss out on him, and not let him fall down the draft. He can be the QB that is great in KC.

RustShack 01-22-2013 11:08 PM

Branden Albert, OT, Kansas City Chiefs

Not commonly mentioned as one of the best offensive tackles in the game, Branden Albert has emerged in his contract year as a dominant player. Albert has a total grade of +17.6 (with a pass block grade of +17.0) on the year and has been a bright spot for the struggling Chiefs. He is second in the entire league among offensive tackles in Pass Blocking Efficiency, allowing only eight total pressures in 279 pass block snaps. Included in those eight pressures is just one sack and that came on opening day, which is even more impressive considering the state of flux that is the Chiefs’ offense.

crossbow 01-22-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9341582)
Lande also added his thoughts on Plaza III's steaks: "Inferior to Sizzler."

When asked about JD Power and Associates' car ratings, he was miffed at the praise given to the 700 Class BMW over the base model Chevy Aveo.

Lande is stunned The Canyons didn't sweep all Oscar nominations.

Lande considers Sylvania state of the art for modern TV production. He also thinks you should invest heavily in HD-DVD.

Did he recommend a good DVD rewinder? Preferably one that does blue-ray too.

BigMeatballDave 01-22-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9343365)
Branden Albert, OT, Kansas City Chiefs

Not commonly mentioned as one of the best offensive tackles in the game, Branden Albert has emerged in his contract year as a dominant player. Albert has a total grade of +17.6 (with a pass block grade of +17.0) on the year and has been a bright spot for the struggling Chiefs. He is second in the entire league among offensive tackles in Pass Blocking Efficiency, allowing only eight total pressures in 279 pass block snaps. Included in those eight pressures is just one sack and that came on opening day, which is even more impressive considering the state of flux that is the Chiefs’ offense.

MOVE HIM TO GUARD!

suzzer99 01-22-2013 11:22 PM

It is his natural position that he's played for 35 games ever.

J Diddy 01-23-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9343359)
Alex Smith was taken #1 over in 2005. Jim Harbaugh was hired in 2011 and helped Smith to his best season, where they were one game away from the Super Bowl last year (or one fumble).

The 49ers traded up to draft Kaepernick, who was raw but had intangibles, in the 2011 draft. Harbaugh spent more than a year working with him and decided to make the switch mid-season. He's definitely been the difference between 2011 and 2012.

The bottom line is that teams miss on QB's all the time. Teams missed on Kaepernick, Dalton, Wilson, and maybe even Cousins and Foles. And while I hope that the Chiefs don't pass on a QB with their #1 overall pick, I also know that it's not the end of world, as some are predicting.

1st. I'm so glad you came back. Place wasn't the same without you.
2nd. I hear exactly what you're saying and I know nobody's success is guaranteed. I just think that first pick should be on as close as a lock as possible when it's that high. I just don't think Geno is it. Haven't watched the others so much, however I'm inclined to trust Reid when it comes to quarterback.
3rd. Smith's concussion paved the way. If it weren't for that I doubt we'd ever hear kaepernick's number being called, especially since smith has been playing decent. I give him credit for them balls.

J Diddy 01-23-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9343364)
Geno would be the classic QB that falls down the draft and ends up being great. So lets not miss out on him, and not let him fall down the draft. He can be the QB that is great in KC.

Let him fall and then pick him in the 2nd

J Diddy 01-23-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9343353)
He was the past regimes QB, Kaepernick was drafted in Harbaugh's first year.

Oh so franchise quarterbacks are taken in the second round now?

RealSNR 01-23-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9343442)

wut

suzzer99 01-23-2013 12:23 AM

Guys Tom Brady went in the 6th. Let's just keep drafting Matt Blundins, Brody Croyles and Ricky Stanzis until one of them works out.

RustShack 01-23-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9343442)

Hes not falling that far.. not even close.

RunKC 01-23-2013 12:38 AM

I love Albert like everyone else and think he's a reliable starter, but I don't think he's as good as he was pumped up to be this year.

He may have given up just 1 sack this year, but we ran the ball all the time. Only 3 teams passed the ball fewer times than we did and Albert missed a handful of games.

I don't believe he's elite. I think he's 2nd tier. Still top 10 though. Absolutely need to keep him though.

J Diddy 01-23-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9343461)
wut

I'm sick. I have a bacteria. Sarcasmonia.

RealSNR 01-23-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9343506)
I'm sick. I have a bacteria. Sarcasmonia.

Ick. That sounds awful. Get better soon, bree <3

Line Judge 01-23-2013 01:25 AM

A comment on BPA. I can remember when we drafted Larry Johnson in the first round (albeit towards the bottom). We then had Priest Holmes in his prime and another good back whose name I cannot remember now. At that time RB was not a position of need. Larry stayed low for a year or so and when Priest was injured he took his diapers off and lead the NFL in rushing. He was available when we needed him. (his character sucked but nobody's perfect). In the NFL his scenario is repeated over and over again in this dangerously unpredictable game. To increase your chance of success you should take the BPA. I trust that they will find a good QB somewhere. Look at Wilson in Seattle.

I seldom post here because the next post will tell me that I am stupid and a troll. Just watch.

Smed1065 01-23-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9343441)
1st. 2nd. I hear exactly what you're saying and I know nobody's success is guaranteed. I just think that first pick should be on as close as a lock as possible when it's that high. I just don't think Geno is it. Haven't watched the others so much, however I'm inclined to trust Reid when it comes to quarterback.

So a lock at what position? FB?

cdcox 01-23-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Detert (Post 9343543)
A comment on BPA. I can remember when we drafted Larry Johnson in the first round (albeit towards the bottom). We then had Priest Holmes in his prime and another good back whose name I cannot remember now. At that time RB was not a position of need. Larry stayed low for a year or so and when Priest was injured he took his diapers off and lead the NFL in rushing. He was available when we needed him. (his character sucked but nobody's perfect). In the NFL his scenario is repeated over and over again in this dangerously unpredictable game. To increase your chance of success you should take the BPA. I trust that they will find a good QB somewhere. Look at Wilson in Seattle.

I seldom post here because the next post will tell me that I am stupid and a troll. Just watch.

Troy Polamalu. Position of need and a better player by far to boot. Steelers took him in the position we traded out of. That was a bad pick.

Smed1065 01-23-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

I do not post because people might disagree./BD

You use the exception instead of the rule to defend yourself on the most important position in the NFL.

Almost forgot- You stupid troll.

RealSNR 01-23-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

If it were that simple, franchise QBs beyond the first round would be popping up everywhere.

Also, this isn't a case where we're the Giants picking up Jason Pierre-Paul or the Chiefs picking up Larry Johnson after a serious injury to Priest Holmes. We're picking up a LT behind Brandon Albert, who's already a franchise guy. LTs are generally pretty sturdy players, and it does little good to stockpile elite guys from the first round one behind the other like they're passrushers. Draft a prospect in the 3rd round, sure, but don't be idiots and draft for depth and #1 ****ing overall.

If that's not the case, are you actually suggesting we take Star, a non-passrushing 3-4 DE? Or Jones? Or Moore? None of those guys are going to jump out past the top QBs when all is said and done.

Basically, QB is the only logical pick no matter what philosophy of BPA you choose.

Line Judge 01-23-2013 02:33 AM

Gosh, what a nice, sensible reply.

Dunerdr 01-23-2013 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9342573)

JFC "facebook fans" really piss me off i could argue on arrowhead pride and chiefs concerns posts all day. And im far from the most edumakated chefs fan.

johnny961 01-23-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9343484)
I love Albert like everyone else and think he's a reliable starter, but I don't think he's as good as he was pumped up to be this year.

He may have given up just 1 sack this year, but we ran the ball all the time. Only 3 teams passed the ball fewer times than we did and Albert missed a handful of games.

I don't believe he's elite. I think he's 2nd tier. Still top 10 though. Absolutely need to keep him though.

Pretty much my thoughts. He's no Willie Roaf but he has worked at it and got to the point where he's pretty easily in the top half of the starting LT's out there. Absolutely resign him to a multi year deal unless he just wants absolutely stupid money.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Look at Wilson in Seattle.

Wow, the exception to the rule.

Congratulations on pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

:facepalm:

htismaqe 01-23-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Gotta love the passive aggressive bullshit too.

If it sucks so bad here, GO AWAY.

Go back to the Coalition. They have no problem with stupidity there.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9343359)

Teams didn't MISS on any of those guys, they PASSED.

Kaepernick was raw and the read option wasn't prevalent yet.

Wilson was too short.

Dalton was too mediocre.

And Cousins was too SUCK.

bevischief 01-23-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9342051)
For the last ****ing time.

Coaches don't make up their big boards the way Mel Kiper does it. They make up their big boards where they rank their best players RELATIVE TO THEIR OWN TEAM. That accounts for current personnel, the number of draft picks, the quality or depth of a certain position, and team needs in terms of positions and also generic qualities (i.e. "Our defense needs more speed", etc.)

If the Chiefs re-sign Brandon Albert, Joeckel will NOT be the best player available at #1. Why? Because he's not the best player available FOR THE CHIEFS. THAT'S ALL THE ****ING MATTERS.

Don't come back to me talking about BPA until you understand the ****ing concept, moron.

This.

bevischief 01-23-2013 08:03 AM

This place was invaded by the reeruns yesterday. Glad I didn't login last night.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9343732)
This place was invaded by the reeruns yesterday. Glad I didn't login last night.

Last night?

It's been a steady stream since mid-season when SOC started.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-23-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

I could put a little testosterone in your morning coffee if you don't mind looking the other way. I'm a little shy like that.

milkman 01-23-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9343758)
Last night?

It's been a steady stream since mid-season when SOC started.

It's been a steady stream since about '02 or '03.

The dam busted mid-season.

Frankie 01-23-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9343238)

I don't know if that is you or not Frankie, but you could pass as Michael Ironside. =)

I was channeling Anthony Quinn actually! :D

Frankie 01-23-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9343265)
This. Bowe has shown, for the past 3-4 seasons, that he's worthy of a big deal. Give it to him, already.

People who judge Bowe as immature fail to consider he has not once complained about the shitty quarterbacking that he gets which is so detrimental to his career. Let him point at his name on the jersey, I wish I had a team full of that kind of "immature" players.

Frankie 01-23-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9343328)
Don't start posting like you're smart.

Too late. That ship sailed when I started posting here more than a decade ago.

milkman 01-23-2013 11:03 AM

I'd like to revise my last post, Parker.

The steady stream started in '01.

The Franchise 01-23-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Umm....we took LJ because Priest Holmes had gotten injured and his future was up in the air. And we passed on Troy Polamalu to take LJ as well. It was a stupid ****ing pick.

Frankie 01-23-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9343364)
Geno would be the classic QB that falls down the draft and ends up being great. So lets not miss out on him, and a trade down to where we can still get him.

FYP

;)

htismaqe 01-23-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9344122)
FYP

;)

We need a QB.

If there's no QB there we want, nobody is going to want our pick.

Especially now that word is leaking out that there are better options than Joeckel at tackle.

RealSNR 01-23-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9344122)
FYP

;)

Let's trade down and risk having another team trade up ahead of us to grab him.

Brilliant move.

teedubya 01-23-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9341573)
4 top-5 picks in 6 years, but we shouldn't take a QB.

The Chiefs have been Lionesque with their top draft picks... Dorsey, Jackson, and Poe... 3 top 5 draft picks... all Defensive Linemen... and Defensive Line is still a ****ing weakness.

JFC

Cannibal 01-23-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9344333)
The Chiefs have been Lionesque with their top draft picks... Dorsey, Jackson, and Poe... 3 top 5 draft picks... all Defensive Linemen... and Defensive Line is still a ****ing weakness.

JFC

Pretty damn terrible. But I'm still holding out hope for Poe.

Wasn't Poe drafted later than pick 5 though?

keg in kc 01-23-2013 12:59 PM

I think Poe may end up being a player.

The Franchise 01-23-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9344475)

I think I'd rather see him at DE in the 3-4......especially a 1 gap.

Easy 6 01-23-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9343238)

You think so? i've met the guy and they dont look a thing alike.

Easy 6 01-23-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9344475)

Lzen 01-23-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9343967)
It's been a steady stream since about '02 or '03.

The dam busted mid-season.

n00bs! :cuss:

Lzen 01-23-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9344116)
I'd like to revise my last post, Parker.

The steady stream started in '01.

I know, ri.........

Wait!...

what month? :spock:

O.city 01-23-2013 04:11 PM

All the fans clamoring for a LT are the same ones who, when a QB we passed on lights it up, will be bitching about us not drafting him.

The Chiefs fanbase right now is a kid standing on the ledge of a cliff, overlooking a large lake. It's a spot where many people have jumped off of, and it's been a great exhilarating leap. A few have jumped at the wrong time and maybe landed wrong, but they've survived to jump again.

We are standing on the ledge, ready to jump. We just aren't sure we have courage, or enough to jump. Part of us would rather climb down and jump in from a lower step, assuring us we won't get hurt, but it won't be nearly as fun and it's something we've done many times before. But no, it's time. We have got to just say **** it, do a full 1 and a half off that bitch and bask in the ambiance.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9344919)
I know, ri.........

Wait!...

what month? :spock:

February.

Rambozo 01-24-2013 09:57 AM

It really is good to hear they are negociating a contract with Albert.

Has anyone heard if they are talking to Bowe's agent?

If Jennings hits the market, do you think Dorsey might prefer him over Bowe?

I think he might. It's hard to say if they would consider Bowe a core player or not.

The Pack will probably tag Jennings but, they might not if they decide to pay Woodson the $10 million he's owed this year. He is definately the unquestioned leader of that defense. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

mdchiefsfan 01-24-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9347073)
It really is good to hear they are negociating a contract with Albert.

Has anyone heard if they are talking to Bowe's agent?

If Jennings hits the market, do you think Dorsey might prefer him over Bowe?

I think he might. It's hard to say if they would consider Bowe a core player or not.

The Pack will probably tag Jennings but, they might not if they decide to pay Woodson the $10 million he's owed this year. He is definately the unquestioned leader of that defense. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Hoestly I would prefer to keep Bowe over getting Jennings. Jennings is a beast, but you can't let a 6'2" 220 lbs WR walk when you're possibly bringing in a rookie QB.

Yes, I understand we need speed at the WR position, but I would prefer to draft said speed and allow the QB and WR to gel together with Bowe providing the security blanket for both of them.

Just my $.02.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9347092)
Hoestly I would prefer to keep Bowe over getting Jennings. Jennings is a beast, but you can't let a 6'2" 220 lbs WR walk when you're possibly bringing in a rookie QB.

Yes, I understand we need speed at the WR position, but I would prefer to draft said speed and allow the QB and WR to gel together with Bowe providing the security blanket for both of them.

Just my $.02.

This.

Bowe is a nice luxury to have when you're breaking in a rookie at QB.

saphojunkie 01-24-2013 03:47 PM

Anybody hear Doug Peterson today on 810? Soren asked him about how valuable the left tackle position is, and he replied,
Quote:

"It's comforting...it's comforting to know that your back side is completely covered...but that left side, if you're a right handed quarterback, is important to have and I feel like here in Kansas City we've GOT a good one."
Then, when asked point blank about Albert coming back (WE'VE GOT A GOOD ONE, WILL WE CONTINUE TO HAVE A GOOD ONE?), Soren said he figured he knew what the answer would be - that they're working on it.

Peterson:
Quote:

"It is, it is. And that's something that, you know, with Coach Andy Heck as the offensive line coach now, he's evaluating that process with Eugene Chung, and honestly we like...we like what we see up front...if you have that backside tackle, and you can continue to develop his talent - yes, you're going to have to give him some help with a tight end and a back and all that, you understand, that by scheme and by game plan, you're gonna do that. But also to know that he is on an island and can shut down that back side, gives you a lot of confidence to take those deeper drops."

Translation:

BRANDEN ALBERT AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE. SHUT UP ABOUT JOECKEL.

Strongside 01-24-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9348216)
Anybody hear Doug Peterson today on 810? Soren asked him about how valuable the left tackle position is, and he replied,

Then, when asked point blank about Albert coming back (WE'VE GOT A GOOD ONE, WILL WE CONTINUE TO HAVE A GOOD ONE?), Soren said he figured he knew what the answer would be - that they're working on it.

Peterson:

Translation:

BRANDEN ALBERT AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE. SHUT UP ABOUT JOECKEL.

http://cdn.lolzbook.com/wp-content/u.../I-feel-it.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk 01-24-2013 03:55 PM

NFL Philosophy‏@NFLosophy

I don't mean to be a tease but I'm not a reporter. So some stuff you have to trust me on. KC's not re-signing Albert.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-24-2013 03:56 PM

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

I don't mean to be a tease but I'm not a reporter. So some stuff you have to trust me on. KC's not re-signing Albert.

@wayne8770 @nfldraftscout I heard some interesting news on the Chiefs today actually. Looks like they're gonna solve LT issue in free agency

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

@NFLosophy I've heard the same from sources, but nothing you can really verify with multiple contacts.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9348232)

@wayne8770 @nfldraftscout I heard some interesting news on the Chiefs today actually. Looks like they're gonna solve LT issue in free agency

@NFLosophy I've heard the same from sources, but nothing you can really verify with multiple contacts.

So they're not gonna ink Albert but they're also not going to draft anybody?

Who is available on the free agency market?

This stuff makes no sense.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-24-2013 04:01 PM

For those asking if there are any good LTs available: Jake Long almost assuredly is a free agent.

BigMeatballDave 01-24-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9348240)

For those asking if there are any good LTs available: Jake Long almost assuredly is a free agent.

I'm thinking Albert would be much cheaper.

Strongside 01-24-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9348236)
So they're not gonna ink Albert but they're also not going to draft anybody?

Who is available on the free agency market?

This stuff makes no sense.

Jamarcus Russel.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9348240)

Jake Long has ****ing medical issues.

Surely this isn't what they are thinking.

oldandslow 01-24-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9348248)
Jake Long has ****ing medical issues.

Surely this isn't what they are thinking.

Torn triceps, right?

Unless Albert's back isn't healed or whatever, I don't get that at all...Still better than drafting a LT 1 tho.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 9348253)
Torn triceps, right?

Unless Albert's back isn't healed or whatever, I don't get that at all...Still better than drafting a LT 1 tho.

I will take Jake Long + Wilson/Geno over Luke Joeckel a MILLION TIMES.

LoneWolf 01-24-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9348232)

Are these the same sources that said Reid was close to a deal to becoming Arizona's head coach? JFC, twitter has ruined the integrity of sports reporting.

O.city 01-24-2013 04:22 PM

Wouldn't talking about/to potential free agents right now be tampering? I'm thinking it's bs. And it's not so trustworthy coming from a guy who's afraid to put his name on his twitter account or be associated with it, correct? Easy for him to say all the bullshit he wants on there.

HolyHat 01-24-2013 04:33 PM

Whoever this NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy douchebag is, I cant stand him He makes the most bogus statements. His credibility went out the window with his Ryan Mallet crap.

Fish 01-24-2013 04:35 PM

These twitter reports hold about as much weight as a Blackbob opinion....