ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life New Dating Megathread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270679)

ThaVirus 03-29-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 9538005)
Noooooooooo! Please don't let this thread be only bitter men! Your excitement is refreshing!!!!

This.

Spott 03-29-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9537872)
That's funny you say that about DUIs. Two of my best friends have DUIs as of recently. Actually, one of them has TWO DUIs that he got within a month of each other LMAO ****ing idiot.

Anyway, both of these guys have spent a lot of their adult lives jobless. The one with the two DUIs would get his grandma to drop him off at my house so we could go to the club ROFL She'd come back the next morning and pick him up! But I swear to God, I've NEVER seen someone with so much pull. Handfuls of random, fine ass girls at the club or bar would swoon when he talked to them. It was a rarity to see that guy get turned down for a dance or phone number..

Anyway, he'd always tell me that girls wouldn't care when he told them he had DUIs, no license, no car, and no job. He had green (or blue) eyes or some shit; I don't know, I never pay attention. You could consider him a pretty boy and I guess that's what matters to a lot of girls.

My theory on that is that women have a natural instinct to be a nurterer. Guys that are independent, have good jobs and have their personal & financial lives don't appeal to them because they don't need "fixing" like the bad boys who don't have their sh*t together.
Another theory is that they are just really shallow and naive and think they can change some obvious loser because he has nice eyes.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 11:57 AM

I'd like to give some credit to Big Daddy on here for really allowing me to learn what it is to be a man in a relationship and understanding women at a very deep visceral level.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 9538041)
Um, who writes your posts then?

Show me one thats bitter.

patteeu 03-29-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9537960)
No, bad year on career life plan. You feel really dumb when you double down on a college degree that's not STEM or IS/IT related and you're forced to quickly realize you'll never get a job that pays because 1) it's a terrible job market 2)you've made too many mistakes and won't have enough people to go to bat for you on recommendations.

In short- I ****ed up MAJORLY and now I'm worried about how I'll support myself beyond earning minimum wage.

Join the military and you'll be fine.

And to tie it in with this thread, women like uniforms, or so I hear.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9538136)
Join the military and you'll be fine.

And to tie it in with this thread, women like uniforms, or so I hear.

LMAO

KCGal 03-29-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9538101)
My theory on that is that women have a natural instinct to be a nurterer. Guys that are independent, have good jobs and have their personal & financial lives don't appeal to them because they don't need "fixing" like the bad boys who don't have their sh*t together.
Another theory is that they are just really shallow and naive and think they can change some obvious loser because he has nice eyes.

When I dated guys like this (fun and good looking but no regular job) it has been because I enjoyed their companionship but at the same time I knew I could end it at any point because they didn't have their stuff together. there was an easy out. I think that makes me a little messed up but it made sense to me at the time because I wasn't ready to settle down.

ghak99 03-29-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 9538157)
When I dated guys like this (fun and good looking but no regular job) it has been because I enjoyed their companionship but at the same time I knew I could end it at any point because they didn't have their stuff together. there was an easy out. I think that makes me a little messed up but it made sense to me at the time because I wasn't ready to settle down.

One of my exs, now close friend, did/does this.

I found out she was dating a total loser, at least in my eyes. When asked why, she said, "because I knew sooner or later he'd do something stupid and I could leave".

I should add she's now close to 30, has a kid with very little support from the father, living overdue bill to over due bill, starting to show her age, and realizing she ****ed up in a major way.

luv 03-29-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9537974)
What would you like to know?

Everything it is that I don't know.

KCGal 03-29-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9538180)
One of my exs, now close friend, did/does this.

I found out she was dating a total loser, at least in my eyes. When asked why, she said, "because I knew sooner or later he'd do something stupid and I could leave".

Breaking up with a good man who you know is in love with you is HORRIBLE. There are few things worse!

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9538196)
Everything it is that I don't know.

Wow that would be a massive pile for either of us.

luv 03-29-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9538207)
Wow that would be a massive pile for either of us.

There's that much I don't know about myself?

Spott 03-29-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 9538157)

I don't know if that makes you messed up, unless you happen to fall in love or have kids with one of those easy outs.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9538245)
There's that much I don't know about myself?

"Everything we don't know" is a huge pile of stuff. Even if it's just psychological it's still pretty daunting

luv 03-29-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9538373)
"Everything we don't know" is a huge pile of stuff. Even if it's just psychological it's still pretty daunting

How disappointing.

keg in kc 03-29-2013 01:27 PM

I don't have a regular job, and I definitely don't have my shit together. Yet women don't seem to be beating down my door. Although, come to think of it, I do fall somewhat short in the "fun" and "good-looking" category. And I'd rather play video games than listen to somebody chatter on about real housewife pawn survivor divers LA, molasses boo boo edition.

[/end random interjection]

Discuss Thrower 03-29-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 9537995)
Dude life is long. So what if you didnt pick the perfect major first. you have plenty of time to get a new plan and go after it. This is probably why you aren't having luck with women. You feel unconfident about your future. A said by others, men are attracted to looks and women are attracted to security (not necessarily financial). Just my thoughts.

The problem is everyday that goes by that I don't have a job besides my worthless freelance sportswriting job, the less employable I become.

My Discusslogical clock is ticking. It's become very clear to me that I have to get a job that pays better than $500/month and not mooch off my grandfather's money. Women aren't even a worry at this point.

If I'm lucky and work hard, maybe I'll have enough money and be out together enough when I'm 35 to find a hopefully childless 20 something with daddy issues that realizes I have the bankroll to support her needs. Right now I don't see a lot of availability with women my age who are engaged / married on working on cranking out kids.

A woman with a kid from previous relationship = no go, full stop. Why? Because I know relationships aren't perfect and I don't want to be a father figure for a kid and then have to cut them off when shit hits the fan with the kid's mom. It's cruel and I won't do it. If I spend a lifetime alone because of this fact then so be it. At least I'll know I didn't hurt a kid because I split with their mom.

bevischief 03-29-2013 03:52 PM

All relationships end in either death or dumping.

Buck 03-29-2013 04:39 PM

Ok soooo....is this some kind of trick? I asked what she wanted to do tonight and if I should eat before she gets here.

"Hello there! I am open to anything tonight. We can watch a movie, or go out. You decide! and you can go ahead and eat, I will probably snack at home."

I want to go drink, but maybe it sounds like she wants to stay in and watch a movie. Ladies? Can you decipher that for me?

Spott 03-29-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9538997)
Ok soooo....is this some kind of trick? I asked what she wanted to do tonight and if I should eat before she gets here.

"Hello there! I am open to anything tonight. We can watch a movie, or go out. You decide! and you can go ahead and eat, I will probably snack at home."

I want to go drink, but maybe it sounds like she wants to stay in and watch a movie. Ladies? Can you decipher that for me?

I'm not a female, but I would take that as she wants to rent a movie and hang out.

Titty Meat 03-29-2013 05:10 PM

She wants to come over and give u the poo snaps. Have her over bruh.

Buck 03-29-2013 05:16 PM

**** that sucks. I'm going to fall asleep, I know I am. I wake up at 4 am for work. She won't be here til 9.

The Franchise 03-29-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9539059)
**** that sucks. I'm going to fall asleep, I know I am. I wake up at 4 am for work. She won't be here til 9.

Sex requires sacrifice.

patteeu 03-29-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

5 Hour Energy. Hit it now before it gets too late and keeps you up all night.

Edit: Now might be a tad early since you're a west coaster, but soon.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-29-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Adderall. Or the local hemp shop will sell you some Chinese shit

bevischief 03-29-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

It's a trap.

keg in kc 03-29-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

You're early enough in the relationship that whatever you choose won't be automatically wrong.

Enjoy that while you can!

Buck 03-30-2013 01:46 PM

Things went great last night and we're officially "dating" now. Good times.

patteeu 03-30-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9541489)

Did you stay awake?

Buck 03-30-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9541493)
Did you stay awake?

Haha yep...

Titty Meat 03-30-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9541489)

Pics or she doesn't exist

Buck 03-30-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9541509)
Pics or she doesn't exist

Maybe when we take a picture together...

patteeu 03-30-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9541555)
Maybe when we take a picture together...

Did you ask her to marry you or are you going to talk to her father first?

Buck 03-30-2013 02:27 PM

I just don't want to pull a pic off her fb and post it here. I'm trying not to be a creep.

Bosie 03-30-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9541561)
I just don't want to pull a pic off her fb and post it here. I'm trying not to be a creep.

thats a wise idea. Infact I wouldnt post a pic of her on here EVER. Too many creepy guys on here from what I've seen

Buck 03-30-2013 03:32 PM

Oh God this makes me feel so uncomfortable.

I work in the same building as my mother. She works on the 4th floor and I work on the 3rd floor. Anyways, she has introduced me to a lot of people in the year + I've been working there. I don't really recognize people when they say hi to me, but they know I'm her son.

This pretty black lady has been saying hi to me a lot and she said something about us being "Secretly Dating." I was like wtf? What is my mom talking about with her? So today I went over to my mom's house in the morning and she said that this lady has a crush on me and that the lady had gone to a fortune teller and the fortune teller told her that she would meet a man at work and he'd be younger. She's 35 and I'm 27, so she's been telling my mom that she's convinced it's me.

That really freaks me the **** out, I don't know what to say to this lady when I see her now. I'm not racist, but I'm not attracted to black women at all. It sorta makes me want to avoid ever going to the cafeteria now.

BryanBusby 03-30-2013 03:34 PM

Just tell her you don't mess around with people from work.

Easy enough.

Titty Meat 03-30-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9541670)

I work in the same building as my mother. She works on the 4th floor and I work on the 3rd floor. Anyways, she has introduced me to a lot of people in the year + I've been working there. I don't really recognize people when they say hi to me, but they know I'm her son.

This pretty black lady has been saying hi to me a lot and she said something about us being "Secretly Dating." I was like wtf? What is my mom talking about with her? So today I went over to my mom's house in the morning and she said that this lady has a crush on me and that the lady had gone to a fortune teller and the fortune teller told her that she would meet a man at work and he'd be younger. She's 35 and I'm 27, so she's been telling my mom that she's convinced it's me.

That really freaks me the **** out, I don't know what to say to this lady when I see her now. I'm not racist, but I'm not attracted to black women at all. It sorta makes me want to avoid ever going to the cafeteria now.

Smash her anyway.

bevischief 03-30-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9541670)

Tell your mom to back off. This can't end well. Stay with your current relationship. Sounds like you have a good thing going. Good luck.

Dallas Chief 03-30-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9541561)

Try harder.

The Franchise 03-30-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9541671)
Just tell her you don't mess around with people from work.

Easy enough.

This. And if she quits......run!

Buck 03-30-2013 08:57 PM

It just suvks cause the chick works with my mom. Who the **** goes to fortune tellers anyways?

Ugh.

HoneyBadger 03-30-2013 09:42 PM

Has anyone had a friends with benefits situation work out well?

I started one, seems to be ok. She came over the other night, opened the front door, grabbed me by the hand, took me to the room and we did the deed. Got dressed and left. Seems great now...

Titty Meat 03-30-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9542805)

I started one, seems to be ok. She came over the other night, opened the front door, grabbed me by the hand, took me to the room and we did the deed. Got dressed and left. Seems great now...

Its great now but one of you will catch feelings. Either shell get a man and cut you off or shell go all women on you with feelings.

BryanBusby 03-30-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9542694)
Who the **** goes to fortune tellers anyways?

Duh, women do. Just explain the same thing to your mom and things will be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9542805)

It won't last. They eventually want more than sex.

HoneyBadger 03-31-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9542866)
Its great now but one of you will catch feelings. Either shell get a man and cut you off or shell go all women on you with feelings.

She already has a man, but isn't in a relationship. We've discussed the no feelings.

BryanBusby 03-31-2013 12:31 AM

They always change their minds.

Buck 03-31-2013 03:55 PM

Abs sore, pelvis sore and bruised. I need to get back into sex shape.

Spott 03-31-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9544083)
Abs sore, pelvis sore and bruised. I need to get back into sex shape.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was your first time. I tend to get rough after I've had a few beers.

DaKCMan AP 03-31-2013 04:45 PM

Back from vacation. Date #3 set for Wednesday. :)

KCGal 04-01-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9538252)
I don't know if that makes you messed up, unless you happen to fall in love or have kids with one of those easy outs.

Contrary i dont have kids. *I have a decent job, a home of my own. I actually feel self conscious of this that maybe men don't like a woman that has these things. *I'm not perfect, i clearly have at least a few issues (for example, my love of Chiefsplanet).*:shrug:

keg in kc 04-01-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 9548029)
Contrary i dont have kids. *I have a decent job, a home of my own. I actually feel self conscious of this that maybe men don't like a woman that has these things. *I'm not perfect, i clearly have at least a few issues (for example, my love of Chiefsplanet).*:shrug:

I would guess that in this day and age there are probably a few men out there who would be okay with that. Maybe 60 years ago when you were supposed to be barefoot in the kitchen you'd have to be self-conscious about it, and I'm sure there are still plenty around today that might be intimidated by the job and home thing, but I would imagine you're probably okay to most dudes.

Though I would probably go on to say the only thing that really matters is how you feel about it yourself. If that's who you are, and a guy has a problem with it, then, well, bye guy...

Dave Lane 04-01-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

At my age those things are almost a requirement. Really I would have a hard time being serious about a gal who didn't have those things. Minus the issues of course, or at least manageable ones.

Spott 04-02-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

I don't know why a guy wouldn't like those things. I guess it's possible that some guys just want to be the sole breadwinner and have their significant other be completely dependent on them. If a guy was intimidated by the fact that you are independent and don't need him to support you, then that dude is an idiot.

DaKCMan AP 04-02-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9544144)
Back from vacation. Date #3 set for Wednesday Tuesday. :)

Buck 04-02-2013 06:00 AM

Good luck tonight.

Yesterday we went hiking and the trail ends at the beach and then we hung out on the beach for a while and walked back on the sand. Pretty great date.

She's leaving for Vegas / Grand Canyon on Thursday morning for a week or so, but she's spending the night Wednesday and leaving from my house. Perhaps dinner is in order.

AussieChiefsFan 04-02-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9541691)
Smash her anyway.

ROFL

DaKCMan AP 04-02-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9548503)
but she's spending the night Wednesday and leaving from my house. Perhaps dinner is in order.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3902881_o.gif

KCGal 04-02-2013 10:58 AM

Thanks for your responses guys. It is funny how I can take a positive and assume it is a dating roadblock. Kind of dumb really!

KCGal 04-02-2013 11:02 AM

Also totally off topic but where does a girl have to go to figure out what "rep" is?

AndChiefs 04-02-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Definitely not a negative.

AndChiefs 04-02-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 9549286)
Also totally off topic but where does a girl have to go to figure out what "rep" is?

It's under User CP, top left of your screen.

DaKCMan AP 04-03-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9548476)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9544144)
Back from vacation. Date #3 set for Wednesday Tuesday. :)

Date #3 = Awesome success. She's a gorgeous girl, but last night she looked absolutely stunning. DaKCMan AP likey.

Date #4 will be setup tonight for either Thurs or Fri.

PBJ

QuikSsurfer 04-03-2013 10:04 AM

I had hoped this thread wouldn't pop up this week...
Me and my lady friend split up this past Sunday. She had developed quite a drinking problem over the last month and it had gotten so bad that she was leaving the bar around 5 or 6 in the morning and driving over to my house with a ****ing "roadie" - god damn bartender giving her a crown and coke in a plastic cup. We always had a great time going out to the bar together - drinking, shooting pool, etc...
She broke down with me about two weeks ago, saying how sorry she was and she would start to practice moderation... I believed her but now she is back at it.
She's a bartender, her best friends are bartenders, and they all like to go to this bar that is down the street from where I live. The bar closes at 2 but they let a select few people stay as long as they like (usually til 5 or 6 in the morning). She is blowing all her money on $60+ bar tabs 5 or 6 nights a week...
I just couldn't deal with it any longer. It's hard to help someone who doesn't want to be helped. That and I've got my own problems.

DaKCMan AP 04-03-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9552994)
Me and my lady friend split up this past Sunday. She had developed quite a drinking problem over the last month and it had gotten so bad that she was leaving the bar around 5 or 6 in the morning and driving over to my house with a ****ing "roadie" - god damn bartender giving her a crown and coke in a plastic cup. We always had a great time going out to the bar together - drinking, shooting pool, etc...
She broke down with me about two weeks ago, saying how sorry she was and she would start to practice moderation... I believed her but now she is back at it.
She's a bartender, her best friends are bartenders, and they all like to go to this bar that is down the street from where I live. The bar closes at 2 but they let a select few people stay as long as they like (usually til 5 or 6 in the morning). She is blowing all her money on $60+ bar tabs 5 or 6 nights a week...
I just couldn't deal with it any longer. It's hard to help someone who doesn't want to be helped. That and I've got my own problems.

Damn dude. Sorry to hear. You've made your choice (the right one, IMO) and now she'll have to make hers.

QuikSsurfer 04-03-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9553033)
Damn dude. Sorry to hear. You've made your choice (the right one, IMO) and now she'll have to make hers.

Thanks.

I feel like I did the right thing... made the right choice. It's just unfortunate...

And it's really unfortunate that I'm going to have to have get a rebound during this healing process... I'm going to try my best to avoid that as I'm really not interested in hurting anyone's feelings. But, it is the best way to get over someone..

Buck 04-03-2013 11:07 AM

Sorry Quikies, I know that feeling all too well.

Hard to hear now, but you're better of for it.

Bowser 04-03-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Caddyshack?

And sorry to hear. It's hard to listen to someone say they're going to do their best for the sake of both of you only to watch it not happen.

QuikSsurfer 04-03-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9553198)
Sorry Quikies, I know that feeling all too well.

Hard to hear now, but you're better of for it.

Thanks man.

Titty Meat 04-03-2013 12:59 PM

I learned a new move last night called the superman.

You spootie on their back when they wake up the next day the sheets are stuck to their back like a superman cape.

ghak99 04-03-2013 01:02 PM

Try the Houdini next time.

frankotank 04-03-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9553604)

You spootie on their back when they wake up the next day the sheets are stuck to their back like a superman cape.

wow....I'm....I cannot stop laughing.....
I am literally crying......

Discuss Thrower 04-03-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9553604)

Pull an angry pirate or you're a bitch.

Monopoly.

Buck 04-03-2013 03:13 PM

I am so getting laid tonight.

bevischief 04-03-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9554211)

What did you do?

AndChiefs 04-03-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9554399)
What did you do?

Bought a hooker.

:D

Buck 04-03-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9554399)
What did you do?

Just normal relationship stuff. I just know.

Spott 04-03-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Bartenders are usually pretty crazy. The only profession that I've run into that have more issues are strippers. I've dated both and would never do it again.

DaKCMan AP 04-03-2013 07:48 PM

Date #4 set for Thursday night.

Buck 04-04-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9554211)

Yep, I was right. This morning too...

Now she's gone til Monday, going on a jerkfest.