ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **** Official Chiefs VS Colts Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320160)

ptlyon 01-08-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14018049)
I think I heard military jets fly over my place.

I'm right in line from Whiteman to Arrowhead.

Wonder if they're practicing a flyover?

I think they're on to you

lcarus 01-08-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14017868)
The ref assigned to this game is John Hussey..not sure I know who all is on that crew right now...

The Pats Chargers game has that woman that throws 500 flags on their game, fun times guys.

I believe he was the ref in the Chiefs@Patriots game earlier this year. :eek:

Red Dawg 01-08-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14017995)
I can already foresee the first quarter.

Chiefs go up 17-21 points....and then the flags start to fly.

Yup. Same will happen to the Chargers.

ToxSocks 01-08-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14017941)
Part of the problems with this defense is the lack of experience, the lack of discipline and honestly the coaching staff. Sutton needs to be gone after this year just for the simple fact that he continually trotted Parker out there week after week....when EVERYONE could see how horrible he was playing.

I think this defense next year will take a step forward just because most of these guys will have another offseason together.

The only head scratching move right now is KPass. I don't understand why this guy isn't getting playing time. Is he just not getting the position? Is it because he was a Dorsey pick and you don't want him outshining your pick?

The problem with this defense is penalties. Plain and simple. They're not as bad as their stats indicate. They've been atrocious at times and very good at times.

The problem is the penalties. How many times have seen a team convert a 3rd and long, after the Chiefs made the stop, via penalty? Think about all the excessive yardage that has come AFTER a penalty extended drive?

The best thing about the Playoffs thus far is that across the board it seems that refs are letting the teams play. Historically we've seen that, and we saw it again this past weekend.

If the Refs let the Chiefs play, we win this game.

FloridaMan88 01-08-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14018080)
The problem with this defense is penalties. Plain and simple. They're not as bad as their stats indicate. They've been atrocious at times and very good at times.

The problem is the penalties. How many times have seen a team convert a 3rd and long, after the Chiefs made the stop, via penalty? Think about all the excessive yardage that has come AFTER a penalty extended drive?

The best thing about the Playoffs thus far is that across the board it seems that refs are letting the teams play. Historically we've seen that, and we saw it again this past weekend.

No doubt penalties have been a major issue but bad scheme and bad tackling have also killed this defense.

When it is 3rd and 6 and you are playing in a soft zone, 5 yards off of the WR, you are basically giving up a free first down.

And even when the zone works and the Chiefs defenders are in a position to make tackles/get stops, they fail at tackling.

Mahomer 01-08-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14017979)
Mahomes is going in dry on this defense. Holy shit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Colts</a> run zone coverage at highest rate in the league.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> QB Patrick Mahomes played 5 games vs teams that run zone at top-8 frequencies this season, completing 64.1% of his passes at 7.99 yards per attempt with a perfect 14:0 TD-to-INT ratio against them.</p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1082692978831998977?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sadly two of those 5 games were the Chargers and Seahawks. Mahomes having a great game does not equal a Chiefs victory. We need our D to step the F up and win this game. Still, I think a Chiefs double-digit win will take place as I think Andy and the team had been taking their feet off the pedal near the end of the season and will be full throttle on Saturday.

RIP Colts and Chiefs haters.

Mecca 01-08-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14017968)
LDT is still on IR. Tbh I could care less if he comes back or not. Wylie is just a straight monster at RG

However...if you could slide Wylie over to LG that makes the line as a whole much better.

The Franchise 01-08-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14018112)
However...if you could slide Wylie over to LG that makes the line as a whole much better.

This.

Chief Pagan 01-08-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Ok, but questions I have are:

If the DBs didn't grab and hold, how many more completions would they give up? How many times do the DBs commit penalties and get away with it? Is it really clear that a different strategy would be better?

I'm not saying I know the answer to this? More I'm just curious what others think?

lawrenceRaider 01-08-2019 01:25 PM

Go Chiefs! The media fellatio of the Colts is nauseating.

New World Order 01-08-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14018167)
Go Chiefs! The media fellatio of the Colts is nauseating.

It's brutal

Hydrae 01-08-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14017953)
LDT?

I keep seeing people asking about this. This is from Andy's update today:

“Larry is making progress,” Reid said. “We have a little bit of time here with Larry to see how he does this week. Not till after this game do we have to declare anything. Other than that, the rest of the guys are pretty good to go.”

https://www.chiefs.com/news/andy-rei...-to-bring-your

We won't see him this week at all. Maybe next week but even then he may not be game ready.

MagicHef 01-08-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14017979)
Mahomes is going in dry on this defense. Holy shit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Colts</a> run zone coverage at highest rate in the league.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> QB Patrick Mahomes played 5 games vs teams that run zone at top-8 frequencies this season, completing 64.1% of his passes at 7.99 yards per attempt with a perfect 14:0 TD-to-INT ratio against them.</p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1082692978831998977?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Those are fantastic numbers, but other than the INTs, those are all below his season average.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-08-2019 02:29 PM

It’s no longer if KC wins in my mind. That word is eliminated from my vocabulary this week. It’s when. Positive vibes only. Mental will power is needed to overcome this curse. Other teams have done it before—we are on deck.

CHIEFS

ARROW2 01-08-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14018367)
It’s no longer if KC wins in my mind. That word is eliminated from my vocabulary this week. It’s when. Positive vibes only. Mental will power is needed to overcome this curse. Other teams have done it before—we are on deck.

CHIEFS

YEP YEP!!!!! **** THE CURSE!!!!

Marcellus 01-08-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14017670)
That’s the thing. He’s had 6 seasons to fix it and the defense falls apart when it matters. Every. Single. Time.

If they show up and play some defense and beat these guys I’m in, but do you really expect that to happen?

Andy and his dumbass loyalty could ruin a season with an MVP QB.

False. We won several close games this season and the defense closed several of them out and they also lost a few.

And Yes to some extent. They wont dominate but they will play OK just like they did in the last 2 playoff games. Difference is we will have more offense this time.

crispystl 01-08-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14018052)
I think they're on to you

Nah HE'S onto THEM!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pushead2 01-08-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14018407)
False. We won several close games this season and the defense closed several of them out and they also lost a few.

And Yes to some extent. They wont dominate but they will play OK just like they did in the last 2 playoff games. Difference is we will have more offense this time.

If you can get the defense to play like the Steelers no TD game, I'm all for it.

I just want Sutton to attack. Can't afford the 3rd & long completions to sustain their drives.

htismaqe 01-08-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 14018433)
If you can get the defense to play like the Steelers no TD game, I'm all for it.

I just want Sutton to attack. Can't afford the 3rd & long completions to sustain their drives.

They do attack. It gets them burned. You don't freaking blitz QBs like Andrew Luck. You'd think people would learn stuff like this by now.

Pushead2 01-08-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14018436)
They do attack. It gets them burned. You don't freaking blitz QBs like Andrew Luck. You'd think people would learn stuff like this by now.

Not talking about blitzing.

I'm talking about not sitting back 8-10yrds when they need 5 for a first, not shooting gaps, rushing 3 and going into prevent.

All things that constantly burn the Chiefs' defense.

RunKC 01-08-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

We dominated bad QB’s like Keenum, Bortles, Carr, Dalton and Rosen.

This defense has been roasted by good QB’s like Brady, Goff, Rivers and Wilson.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-08-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

I dunno, the only thing that seemed to work for Houston last week was the 5 man pressures in the 2nd half

RunKC 01-08-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Lot of folks are gonna be mad when we only rush 3 on a lot of passing downs due to that OL and how fast Luck gets the ball out.

htismaqe 01-08-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 14018444)
Not talking about blitzing.

I'm talking about not sitting back 8-10yrds when they need 5 for a first, not shooting gaps, rushing 3 and going into prevent.

All things that constantly burn the Chiefs' defense.

When they stay disciplined and tackle, those things work. When they don't, NOTHING works.

It's all about player execution. Not "bringing pressure".

htismaqe 01-08-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14018460)
I dunno, the only thing that seemed to work for Houston last week was the 5 man pressures in the 2nd half

If the Chiefs consistently send 5, expect to see a dozen defensive holding/PI penalties on the backend. With this secondary, that's a recipe for disaster.

dlphg9 01-08-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Yeah I dont I dont understand people acting like this D hasnt made a stop when it mattered. Yeah, everyone knows theyre not good, but they are good enough to make a few stops, and with Andy's record after a bye week and how good this O is, thats all we need to win.

I know this has its own thread, but this D plays a hell of alot better at home. No team scored over 30 points against us at home and only 2 teams scored over 24 points. The D is averaging 18 ppg at home and that would put them at number 3 for ppg. If our D holds the opponent under 30 then we will win. I know some will say the teams weve stopped at home sucked, but so have the teams the Colts have beaten recently.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-08-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14018469)
If the Chiefs consistently send 5, expect to see a dozen defensive holding/PI penalties on the backend. With this secondary, that's a recipe for disaster.

Maybe but if they aren’t getting solid pressure with 4, you’re asking for disaster on the back end anyways. They’ll hold them breaking out of their timing routes (comebacks, deep outs, etc). They’ll give those plays up still.

The rush can’t be predictable. I’d mix it up between 4 and 5 consistently, and whichever is getting the best results early in the game, use that for the majority of the 2nd half. For Houston, sending 5 was by far the better option.

dlphg9 01-08-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14018467)
When they stay disciplined and tackle, those things work. When they don't, NOTHING works.

It's all about player execution. Not "bringing pressure".

Yep, most of our dbacks dont have the speed to keep up, so they have to play off. Id rather them not get completely burnt and get a PI or allow a big reception. They just have a hard time executing and thats on the players and coaches. I put more blame on the players because the best players can make incompetent coaches look good(kinda how DT and that D made Gunther look good), but great coaches cant make incompetent players look good.

RunKC 01-08-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14018507)
Maybe but if they aren’t getting solid pressure with 4, you’re asking for disaster on the back end anyways. They’ll hold them breaking out of their timing routes (comebacks, deep outs, etc). They’ll give those plays up still.

The rush can’t be predictable. I’d mix it up between 4 and 5 consistently, and whichever is getting the best results early in the game, use that for the majority of the 2nd half. For Houston, sending 5 was by far the better option.

I’m with pugs here. We can’t rely on Luck sitting back there with no pressure. He’s too good.

We need to time our blitzes correctly so we can get our rushers in a position to make a play.

We need to confuse their OL.

htismaqe 01-08-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Yep. Gotta mix it up.

dlphg9 01-08-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Id send every mother****ing defender every mother****ing play lol.

htismaqe 01-08-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14018512)
I’m with pugs here. We can’t rely on Luck sitting back there with no pressure. He’s too good.

We need to time our blitzes correctly so we can get our rushers in a position to make a play.

We need to confuse their OL.

You need to try and do that with 4 guys though, as much as possible. More stunts and twists, oddball alignments, stuff we've seen them do in the past.

O.city 01-08-2019 03:40 PM

Get there with 4. Send 5 occasionally.

The front 4 have to get there.

BlackOp 01-08-2019 03:41 PM

Has their multiple-rookie o-line ever played in an outdoor stadium as loud as post-season Arrowhead? That definitely favors the pass rushers..

pugsnotdrugs19 01-08-2019 03:43 PM

I know Indy has a good line, but the stats I posted last night show that they too have feasted on playing against very poor pass rushing teams.

It’s really ****ing hard to run a pass play and not have at least one of Ford/Houston/Jones beating their man. Happens some, but not often.

ROYC75 01-08-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Yep, if the yellow is flying against us, it's going to be a long and possible sad day. If the yellow is not flying, I just don't think the Colts will stay with us.

The Chiefs have to play mistake free football!

TwistedChief 01-08-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 14018313)
I keep seeing people asking about this. This is from Andy's update today:

“Larry is making progress,” Reid said. “We have a little bit of time here with Larry to see how he does this week. Not till after this game do we have to declare anything. Other than that, the rest of the guys are pretty good to go.”

https://www.chiefs.com/news/andy-rei...-to-bring-your

We won't see him this week at all. Maybe next week but even then he may not be game ready.

I don’t think this rules him out. This is Reid just stating the facts given the rules as is.

htismaqe 01-08-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14018539)
Get there with 4. Send 5 occasionally.

The front 4 have to get there.

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14018553)
I know Indy has a good line, but the stats I posted last night show that they too have feasted on playing against very poor pass rushing teams.

It’s really ****ing hard to run a pass play and not have at least one of Ford/Houston/Jones beating their man. Happens some, but not often.

And yes.

ROYC75 01-08-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14018553)

This is exactly what most fans, so called experts are forgetting! Something tells me O'Daniel may just be keying on Mack all game.

htismaqe 01-08-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 14018560)
This is exactly what most fans, so called experts are forgetting! Something tells me O'Daniel may just be keying on Mack all game.

DOD is hobbled a bit.

The Franchise 01-08-2019 03:49 PM

I wouldn't be worried about Mack catching the ball. You should be worried about Hynes.

Marcellus 01-08-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14018457)
We dominated bad QB’s like Keenum, Bortles, Carr, Dalton and Rosen.

This defense has been roasted by good QB’s like Brady, Goff, Rivers and Wilson.

I didn't say we were going to dominate or anything close to it. I'm just saying your assertion the defense failed to close games "Every.Single.Time." is just false.

I get it, the defense worries me too, but they have played well above their season averages the last 2 home playoff games and they have been much better at home this season. :shrug:

RunKC 01-08-2019 04:06 PM

Have to give the Colts and Reich credit. I’m very envious of their staff.

Margus Hunt was a bust in Cincinnati. They signed him and now he’s got 5 sacks and looks really good. Same for Pierre Desir. Same for Denico Autry. Same for Kenny Moore.

And that’s not even getting into Darius Leonard.

**** me man. Coaching matters so goddamn much. Our defense would be so much better if it was simply coached well.

Marcellus 01-08-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14018563)
DOD is hobbled a bit.

"He's got a calf."

Marcellus 01-08-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14018612)

Margus Hunt was a bust in Cincinnati. They signed him and now he’s got 5 sacks and looks really good. Same for Pierre Desir. Same for Denico Autry. Same for Kenny Moore.

**** me man. Coaching matters so goddamn much. Our defense would be so much better if it was simply coached well.

I guess Sutton getting Allen Bailey to 6 sacks should garner him coach of the year then?

Colts played 1 top 10 defense this season and got pounded for 38 points.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-08-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

pump the brakes a little. They played one, I repeat, one top 10 offense all year...

pugsnotdrugs19 01-08-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

They don’t ask them to do too much. They know they aren’t overly skilled so they keep it simple.

htismaqe 01-08-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Dude, Chris Jones had a sack in 11 straight games. Allen Bailey had a career-best 6 sacks. Dee Ford had his best season as a Chief. That knife cuts both ways.

Halfcan 01-08-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

It also helps a play a last place schedule against a lot of shitty QB's. Great way to pad stats for mediocre players.

Luck padded his stats against some very weak teams. What was his Signature win this year- was that last week where he was good for the first half then disappeared?

The Chiefs are battle tested against the best teams, on the road, toughest schedule and top defenses. We will dominate these clowns.

JoeyChuckles 01-08-2019 04:46 PM

I just did some research and found that Frank Reich is a Jr., so he's only the Second Reich.

We have nothing to worry about until his son takes over.

RunKC 01-08-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14018629)
Dude, Chris Jones had a sack in 11 straight games. Allen Bailey had a career-best 6 sacks. Dee Ford had his best season as a Chief. That knife cuts both ways.

The Colts brought in a bunch of players this year and almost every one of them have looked good in their scheme at all levels.

The Chiefs brought players in at ILB and the secondary and they look like tire fires.

The guys we have that have been here forever (looking right at you Ron Parker) can’t read the field and know what the hell is going on.

It’s not even an argument dude. There’s a reason why everyone wants Sutton fired and why the Colts DC is being contacted for HC jobs.

eDave 01-08-2019 04:50 PM

Luck has 39 TD passes. Nobody talks about that.

- Tony Dungy

MMXcalibur 01-08-2019 04:55 PM

I’m done with the media this week.

Everyone of these outlets are all over the Colts nuts, why they are God’s gift to the NFL and why the Chiefs should just be happy to be on the same field as them.

BlackOp 01-08-2019 05:01 PM

Malik Hooker is wearing a boot today...

https://mobile.twitter.com/zkeefer/s...803161088?s=19

eDave 01-08-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14018752)

Precautionary.

BlackOp 01-08-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14018757)
Precautionary.

Still...you dont wear a boot if you're healthy. This game is on Saturday...

pugsnotdrugs19 01-08-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

One of their few legitimately talented defensive players. No bueno against this offense...

New World Order 01-08-2019 05:09 PM

Only time we've seen this defense completely healthy was the first half against LA when we gave up 7 points.

TwistedChief 01-08-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14018761)
Still...you dont wear a boot if you're healthy. This game is on Saturday...

You aren’t following along.

Colts players in a boot = precautionary
Chiefs players in a boot = brokedick apocalypse

GloryDayz 01-08-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Haglunds?

Marcellus 01-08-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14018712)
The Colts brought in a bunch of players this year and almost every one of them have looked good in their scheme at all levels.

The Chiefs brought players in at ILB and the secondary and they look like tire fires.

The guys we have that have been here forever (looking right at you Ron Parker) can’t read the field and know what the hell is going on.

It’s not even an argument dude. There’s a reason why everyone wants Sutton fired and why the Colts DC is being contacted for HC jobs.

Nobody is arguing that Sutton is a turd, we are just saying you are over valuing a defense that's played literally nobody.

PHOG 01-08-2019 05:22 PM

We are going to stomp these nags by 3 scores. :thumb:

pugsnotdrugs19 01-08-2019 05:26 PM

My reaction when people doubt the Chiefs Saturday:

https://youtu.be/oxxyqBz91rk

Imon Yourside 01-08-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

**** me man. Coaching matters so much. Our defense would be so much better if it was simply coached well.

You have some good takes my brotha, i have to agree in spirit and in principle.

Imon Yourside 01-08-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14018789)
You aren’t following along.

Colts players in a boot = precautionary
Chiefs players in a boot = brokedick apocalypse

LMAO

Pushead2 01-08-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14018514)
Yep. Gotta mix it up.

Definitely agree on mixing it up.

007 01-08-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14017601)
Everyone loves Mahomes. He decided to go the opposite way strictly for ratings.

He has admitted to watching the ratings metrics in real time to see what gets ears and want doesn’t.

Unlike others, I think he is smart. Not for his reeruned takes but for his ability to figure out what pisses off fans like us.

I can’t listen to him anymore because it’s become boring and predictable.

Absolutely correct

007 01-08-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14017689)
All we need is disruption. Crowd noise, the three headed monster of Ford, Houston, and Jones doing their jobs, and jamming WRs at the LOS to throw off the timing routes.

Crowd noise isn't the same now. Nobody gets loud until they are lined up for the play. By then it's already too late. This isn't your 90s fans.

Jerok 01-08-2019 06:24 PM

Ever since i got off work ive been reading and watching videos about this game. How do I get to Saturday? And how am I going to last for those 2 weeks in between AFC Championship game and the Superbowl when we get there?!!

pugsnotdrugs19 01-08-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14018945)
Crowd noise isn't the same now. Nobody gets loud until they are lined up for the play. By then it's already too late. This isn't your 90s fans.

The people running the media stuff need to play a video before kickoff about making noise at all times on defense, especially when in the huddle.

ToxSocks 01-08-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14017601)
Everyone loves Mahomes. He decided to go the opposite way strictly for ratings.

He has admitted to watching the ratings metrics in real time to see what gets ears and want doesn’t.

Unlike others, I think he is smart. Not for his reeruned takes but for his ability to figure out what pisses off fans like us.

I can’t listen to him anymore because it’s become boring and predictable.

That's exactly what it is.

RunKC 01-08-2019 06:28 PM

Wow there’s a lot of DNP’s on this list

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Because of today&#39;s walkthrough, the injury report is only an estimation of a player&#39;s participation if there was a practice. <a href="https://t.co/Y9vOnprmLB">pic.twitter.com/Y9vOnprmLB</a></p>&mdash; Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) <a href="https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1082753654808027141?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ToxSocks 01-08-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14018976)
Wow there’s a lot of DNP’s on this list

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Because of today&#39;s walkthrough, the injury report is only an estimation of a player&#39;s participation if there was a practice. <a href="https://t.co/Y9vOnprmLB">pic.twitter.com/Y9vOnprmLB</a></p>&mdash; Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) <a href="https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1082753654808027141?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah but they have an all-pro rookie guard.....so...you know....

pugsnotdrugs19 01-08-2019 06:34 PM

Think most of those DNPs don’t mean a ton—but it still represents that they are banged up. Hooker in a boot... called it precautionary but that still can’t be good before a game in a few days.

Rain Man 01-08-2019 06:51 PM

Jabaal Sheard is still in the league? Mind blown.

TwistedChief 01-08-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14018945)

I think you've just become numb to this in your old(er) age. I've been to games at Arrowhead in the 90s and a lot of games recently. And I've been to road games all over. Arrowhead is louder. Not by leaps and bounds. But is is.

(I do respect that you're a long time STH, but I'm guessing your impression of the loudness is in part impacted by the tepid record. No?)

Rain Man 01-08-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 14018708)
I just did some research and found that Frank Reich is a Jr., so he's only the Second Reich.

We have nothing to worry about until his son takes over.

Meh. His offensive philosophy will just be a bunch of Russian and Czech-down passes.

007 01-08-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14018970)
The people running the media stuff need to play a video before kickoff about making noise at all times on defense, especially when in the huddle.

That's another beef I have with game day. The pa guy has no idea how to manage the noise. Part of the problem is all the"brought to you by" promo bullshit. When the fans actually start getting loud on their own, that damn PA guy starts a commercial promo or turns or the chant music.

007 01-08-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14019042)
I think you've just become numb to this in your old(er) age. I've been to games at Arrowhead in the 90s and a lot of games recently. And I've been to road games all over. Arrowhead is louder. Not by leaps and bounds. But is is.

(I do respect that you're a long time STH, but I'm guessing your impression of the loudness is in part impacted by the tepid record. No?)

Nope not at all. There are tons of times I'm there only one yelling for three sections. I can only see what's going on around me. I assure you the fans in the shady side are not as loud as the fans on the sunny side.

Tonka83 01-08-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14018970)

Back in the 90's we didn't need a video to know when to be loud. Now get off my lawn....