ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340166)

Fish 10-11-2021 09:26 PM

How many NFL personnel are asking their IT friends how to scrub their old email?

Jerm 10-11-2021 09:28 PM

The NFL and all the talking heads are against these abhorrent things….*looks at Super Bowl halftime performers list*….oh….

Coach 10-11-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15889406)
How many NFL personnel are asking their IT friends how to scrub their old email?

If one did that to me, I'd tell the NFL personnel "I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole."

Kiimo 10-11-2021 09:30 PM

I'm remembering a scene in The Office with Michael (or perhaps David, may have been the British one) finds out about browser history and cookies for the first time and clearly is panicking

That's exactly how these guys are feeling right now

Pitt Gorilla 10-11-2021 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15889209)
Well, you see. . . This one dude was in a tight campaign to continue heading up the NFLPA . . .

You seriously think THAT was why the emails were found/released?

gblowfish 10-11-2021 09:39 PM

Think Chuckie took a victory lap in the LV stadium parking lot after he carried a cardboard box of his stuff out to his car?

BigRedChief 10-11-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Want out of a bad contract? Get the techs to check the AI for some shut to get out of the contract.

gblowfish 10-11-2021 09:42 PM

Who's got Urb's emails???

Pogue 10-11-2021 09:43 PM

Wonder if they’ll investigate everyone’s emails in the nfl.

DJ's left nut 10-11-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15889483)

My first thought was the Redskins to take the heat off them for what's uncovered during the course of the investigation. That said, all this will do is shine MORE light on the investigation.

So really - I have no idea what the end-game here is.

But hey - the NFL has routinely flattened the NFLPA while Smith was in charge. At the very worst he's the devil they know and more probably, he's the devil they know they can beat.

So it seems a little outlandish, but would you really put it past an organization as Machiavellian as the NFL taking steps to ensure they get to keep their soft opponent running the NFLPA?

I don't really have a more plausible explanation. Lord knows it's not a legit morality play. Best alternative I have is just some pissed off staffer who's letting things slip to work himself into a nice soft landing spot somewhere outside of the NFL.

Garcia Bronco 10-11-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Doesn't matter as long as there is a backup somewhere

Prison Bitch 10-11-2021 09:49 PM

Holy shit are white males pathetic

Not this one tho. Nope. Bring it, punk-asses.

BigRedChief 10-11-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15889509)
My first thought was the Redskins to take the heat off them for what's uncovered during the course of the investigation. That said, all this will do is shine MORE light on the investigation.

But hey - the NFL has routinely flattened the NFLPA while Smith was in charge. At the very worst he's the devil they know and more probably, he's the devil they know they can beat.

So it seems a little outlandish, but would you really put it past an organization as Machiavellian as the NFL taking steps to ensure they get to keep their soft opponent running the NFLPA?

I don't really have a more plausible explanation. Lord knows it's not a legit morality play. Best alternative I have is just some pissed off staffer who's letting things slip to work himself into a nice soft landing spot somewhere outside of the NFL.

the gay slur did him in. Roger Goddell’s brother is gay. And they have the first current openly gay player in the locker room. Hard to turn the gay slur around and save his job after the racist one.

jerryaldini 10-11-2021 09:50 PM

All those years at espn and they never knew I guess

KChiefs1 10-11-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogue (Post 15889501)

I bet a lot of them are shitting their pants tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halfcan 10-11-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 15889490)
Think Chuckie took a victory lap in the LV stadium parking lot after he carried a cardboard box of his stuff out to his car?

ROFL

KChiefs1 10-11-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15889373)
You can't tell me Jerry Jones doesn't use some old timey vaguely racist terms in his work emails, I believe it in my bones. Like calling someone a ragpicker or something lol one of those words you don't even know what they mean but they just feel wrong

He’s probably got someone on staff to wipe everything clean every night.

wazu 10-11-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Only fair.

Rainbarrel 10-11-2021 09:55 PM

He didn't take any dogs in to the Vet. for an abortion. He gets to live.

listopencil 10-11-2021 09:57 PM

OK, but he was right about Biden.

Titty Meat 10-11-2021 09:57 PM

No way this would happen to Reid if he said something out of bounds right? I'd imagine with Grudens huge contract and poor performance this gave the Raiders the perfect excuse

KC_Connection 10-11-2021 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15889564)
No way this would happen to Reid if he said something out of bounds right? I'd imagine with Grudens huge contract and poor performance this gave the Raiders the perfect excuse

It would happen to Reid too if he sent emails as dumb as this guy did to this extent.

Kiimo 10-11-2021 10:01 PM

Hey ChiefsCountry you giant pussy why don't you just come out and defend Gruden's right to be a racist, sexist, homophobic shithead and not go around downvoting posts like a passive aggressive bitch

listopencil 10-11-2021 10:04 PM

I had a work email back in the early 90's. I treated it as an instrument for formal workplace communication. I never put anything in any email ever that was not work appropriate. I wasn't told to treat it that way. Seemed fairly obvious to me. But I'm not a ****ing moron.

Fish 10-11-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15889583)
I had a work email back in the early 90's. I treated it as an instrument for formal workplace communication. I never put anything in any email ever that was not work appropriate. I wasn't told to treat it that way. Seemed fairly obvious to me. But I'm not a ****ing moron.

As someone mentioned previously, it sounds like this was Gruden's personal email, that was sent to Bruce Allen's work email. Bruce Allen is the one who got in trouble with the NFL for the workplace violence thing, which is actually how this was discovered. They just had Gruden's emails as part of that. Gruden wasn't even working for the NFL when he wrote the emails.

Easy 6 10-11-2021 10:09 PM

Quote:

They absolutely should.

People deserve to know exactly what was being said behind the scenes 10 years ago.

Our democracy depends on it.

Rain Man 10-11-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15889373)
You can't tell me Jerry Jones doesn't use some old timey vaguely racist terms in his work emails, I believe it in my bones. Like calling someone a ragpicker or something lol one of those words you don't even know what they mean but they just feel wrong

I bet that Jerry's email leaked years ago and became the basis for Grandpa Simpson's various rants:

https://www.goldderby.com/gallery/th...-gripes/7-8-2/

“Hey, listen! Now, my story begins in 19-dickety-2. We had to say ‘dickety,’ ‘cause the Kaiser had stolen our word ‘twenty.’ I chased that rascal to get it back but gave up after dickety-six miles…What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie. That’s your problem. Now, I’d like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the ‘terlet.’ Stop your snickering! I spent three years on that terlet!”

jettio 10-11-2021 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15889509)

The CBA would not be much different if the very best NFLPA Executive Director imaginable had the job. The players have had the final vote on the major deals and the only time there was a lockout or work stoppage in 2011, players were in the room when the final terms were agreed to.

FloridaMan88 10-11-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 15889497)
Who's got Urb's emails???

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBXk5DxX...pg&name=medium

Kiimo 10-11-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15889593)
As someone mentioned previously, it sounds like this was Gruden's personal email, that was sent to Bruce Allen's work email. Bruce Allen is the one who got in trouble with the NFL for the workplace violence thing, which is actually how this was discovered. They just had Gruden's emails as part of that. Gruden wasn't even working for the NFL when he wrote the emails.

I didn't know that. I'm actually kind of relieved I was sitting here thinking nobody can be that stupid to do that in a work email.

Still dumb to send that to someone's work email too though. Nothing is safe once it hits work servers.

Titty Meat 10-11-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15889577)
Hey ChiefsCountry you giant pussy why don't you just come out and defend Gruden's right to be a racist, sexist, homophobic shithead and not go around downvoting posts like a passive aggressive bitch

Oh shit!!!

Kiimo 10-11-2021 10:25 PM

lol updated

https://isgrudengoneyet.com/

sully1983 10-11-2021 10:31 PM

Cancel Culture is undefeated smh

ghak99 10-11-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15889550)
He’s probably got someone on staff to wipe everything clean every night.

And then scrub his email, too.

FloridaMan88 10-11-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 15889622)

Gruden would have been better off having 20+ female massage therapists accuse him of sexual harassment.

chiefzilla1501 10-11-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15889017)
Was the stuff about the cheerleaders posing topless a real thing? I mean, that might be criminal charges if true yes? Or at least a civil suit...

It's amazing that got swept under the rug. It was bordering on whoring them out without their permission. I guess the lesson with Watson and Snyder is to do something so embarrassing that the league hushes it to make it go away.

It'd be one thing if Snyder was good at his job. The city hates him and he's still bulletproof.

NEOM 10-11-2021 10:36 PM

Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with cancel culture.

Chiefnj2 10-11-2021 10:37 PM

The NFL investigates the WFT and Gruden is the one who goes down? Someone at the head office didn’t like what Gruden said about them.

They would have kept leaking new emails if Davis didn’t step in and force the resignation.

Easy 6 10-11-2021 10:41 PM

Whole thing reeks of horseshit and petty grievances

Goodell is a big fat PUSSY

jerryaldini 10-11-2021 10:41 PM

What does his son Jon II aka Deuce think about all this? Hope he gets another shot in football somewhere. Helluva coach and everyone is redeemable. Hate to see the righteous piling on.

listopencil 10-11-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15889593)

In 1995 I created a personal email account that I still use today. Know what I never did with it? Send inappropriate emails to someone's work email account. Because I'm not a ****ing moron.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-11-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15889637)
In 1995 I created a personal email account that I still use today. Know what I never did with it? Send inappropriate emails to someone's work email account. Because I'm not a ****ing moron.

Yet you like the Broncos.

Fish 10-11-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 15889622)

Calling the NFL commissioner a bundle of sticks anti-football pussy isn't exactly cancel culture...

Fish 10-11-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15889637)

OK. Just wanted to point the additional details.

NEOM 10-11-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15889646)
Calling the NFL commissioner a bundle of sticks anti-football pussy isn't exactly cancel culture...

People dont understand that the NFL stands for principles. Principles which they are selling over the last couple of years (equality, justice, be who you are etc) you can break some of them, you will be forgiven, but there is a difference between being a head coach of a football franchise or a football player. As a head coach you are a role model, you are a leader and you cannot act the way Urban Meyer acted or Jon Gruden, this has nothing to do with cancel culture. Gruden knew that more things will come out and he should be thankful that he made some big bucks over the last 20 years, cause he will not find any work soon. This might even derail his HOF entry.

Titty Meat 10-11-2021 11:08 PM

I think alot of people want to make this about SJW cancel culture but the NFL has lost its ass with the CTE stuff, Collusion regarding Kapernick, etc. Gruden covers literally all of that in the emails that we know about and remember it sounds like theres alot more that hasnt came out. Plus you have an opening gay player on your team with a coach who made homophobic slurs. I'd imagine any future lawsuits would use these emails and it would sink the NFL. This isnt even mentioning what possible sponsors would do in the future if nothing happened to Gruden.

At the end of the day this is about $$$$$. The Raiders likely get to walk away from an expensive contract with a coach who was underperforming and the NFL makes itself look like the good guy while saving themselves hundreds of millions in lawsuits.

Baby Lee 10-11-2021 11:16 PM

Whatever you want to say about the rest of the matter, I'm not sure underperforming is the excuse you want to use on a Chiefs BB here and now about a team that beat us at home last year and is ahead of us in the standings right now.

Titty Meat 10-11-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15889655)
Whatever you want to say about the rest of the matter, I'm not sure underperforming is the excuse you want to use on a Chiefs BB here and now about a team that beat us at home last year and is ahead of us in the standings right now.

He got a 100 million dollar contract and has yet to have a winning season. Hell yeah that's underperforming.

DJ's left nut 10-11-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15889655)

Honestly it's probably less about the record than it is the player personnel side. And a pretty established track record of Gruden having about a 3-4 year shelf life before he starts dividing his team into 'his guys' and his enemies.

Dude had final say on personnel matters and his tenure in that area has gone pretty damn poorly.

If the guy hadn't gacked roster management up as badly as he has over the last several years, the Raiders might have gone to bat for him (he's actually done a really nice job developing Carr and modernizing certain parts of that offense). But in the end he was entitled to final say on personnel matters and that was only going to become a bigger and bigger problem as he became more entrenched.

jdubya 10-11-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15889651)
I think alot of people want to make this about SJW cancel culture but the NFL has lost its ass with the CTE stuff, Collusion regarding Kapernick, etc. Gruden covers literally all of that in the emails that we know about and remember it sounds like theres alot more that hasnt came out. Plus you have an opening gay player on your team with a coach who made homophobic slurs. I'd imagine any future lawsuits would use these emails and it would sink the NFL. This isnt even mentioning what possible sponsors would do in the future if nothing happened to Gruden.

At the end of the day this is about $$$$$. The Raiders likely get to walk away from an expensive contract with a coach who was underperforming and the NFL makes itself look like the good guy while saving themselves hundreds of millions in lawsuits.

It still comes down to the "Thought Police". (cancel culture)

I don't think Gruden is a very good coach and should have been fired for his coaching/GM decisions. But emails expressing a bad opinion of Goodell and some not so PC comments is what is destroying us nowadays. I am nearly 60 and 95% of the time when I am texting or emailing somebody I believe is a close friend, I may have some rough and gallows humor not appropriate for everybody. I think with many of your own posts in here you can relate. ;) Gruden is a 500 coach but in my heart I believe he is a blue collar football junkie more than any of us who eats, breathes, sleeps football 24/7 and this just destroyed a man because he is being judged by 2021 standards for something done a dozen years ago very likely after midnight after a few beers because he is reputed to barely sleep. Our culture is getting ****ed because of this mentality.

Pogue 10-11-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15889651)

The nfl put themselves in a lose-lose situation. They didn’t save anything here. If Roger thinks he did Smith a solid, he is mistaken.

Titty Meat 10-11-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogue (Post 15889663)
The nfl put themselves in a lose-lose situation. They didn’t save anything here. If Roger thinks he did Smith a solid, he is mistaken.

How can this effectively be used against the NFL when as soon as they were made aware of it Gruden departed? This appears much different than the CTE or Kapernick stuff where the NFL covered up stuff. Maybe more will come out that disproves my statement but with what we know...

listopencil 10-11-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15889644)
Yet you like the Broncos.

Baby, I was born this way.

DJ's left nut 10-11-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogue (Post 15889663)

Sure they did.

Well more accurately, a bunch of lawyers did.

The league can only get sued into the hinterlands so many times before they want no part of this shit and will GLADLY let Gruden hang for it. And after settling with Kaepernick to avoid public disclosure of exactly this sort of stuff, they had to take a front-line stance on the social justice stuff.

Well they can't very well do that and then have a head coach lobbing skunks into the elevator, now can they?

The best alternative they had was to scapegoat Gruden. Doesn't cost the shield shit and we know that's all they truly care about. There's no loyalty among that pack of jackals.

If they could barbecue Chuckie to save themselves some headache, they'll do it every time. The only question is really exactly what headache they've truly saved themselves? That's what I can't quite figure out. How does a public execution for something that had been swept under the rug to that point help them out?

That's why I'm thinking someone went off the reservation in leaking the emails. Once that happened, their response was all too predictable.

Titty Meat 10-11-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15889661)
It still comes down to the "Thought Police". (cancel culture)

I don't think Gruden is a very good coach and should have been fired for his coaching/GM decisions. But emails expressing a bad opinion of Goodell and some not so PC comments is what is destroying us nowadays. I am nearly 60 and 95% of the time when I am texting or emailing somebody I believe is a close friend, I may have some rough and gallows humor not appropriate for everybody. I think with many of your own posts in here you can relate. ;) Gruden is a 500 coach but in my heart I believe he is a blue collar football junkie more than any of us who eats, breathes, sleeps football 24/7 and this just destroyed a man because he is being judged by 2021 standards for something done a dozen years ago very likely after midnight after a few beers because he is reputed to barely sleep. Our culture is getting ****ed because of this mentality.

This whole thing came about with workplace violations I'm no lawyer DJ would be better off chiming in here but you have a Bruce Allen making cheerleaders pose topeless and then sending the pics to Gruden. That alone is a huge violation. Then you have a trail of Gruden for years not just saying things like I disagree with gay marriage but using slurs. Would seem like an open and shut case once those emails were presented.

rabblerouser 10-11-2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15889483)

Nah, it was pure coincidence that the news about Gruden hit the day before the vote.

DJ's left nut 10-11-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15889666)
How can this effectively be used against the NFL when as soon as they were made aware of it Gruden departed? This appears much different than the CTE or Kapernick stuff where the NFL covered up stuff. Maybe more will come out that disproves my statement but with what we know...

Legally it can't (at least not in a vacuum; as you said, there may be more we don't know).

But from a PR perspective they just had one of their flagship young QBs put up a 400 yard passing game and finish off a hell of a comeback to win in OT. And Gruden's still the top story.

It ain't a good look.

But maybe it's just ripping the band-aid off. The public has a shockingly short attention span and in 2 weeks Gruden will be forgotten. Meanwhile, a drawn-out public dragging would last far longer.

But as I've said - absolutely NOTHING seems to be gained by leaking the initial emails. Best I can figure that was a rogue operator.

Eureka 10-11-2021 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15889659)
Honestly it's probably less about the record than it is the player personnel side. And a pretty established track record of Gruden having about a 3-4 year shelf life before he starts dividing his team into 'his guys' and his enemies.

Dude had final say on personnel matters and his tenure in that area has gone pretty damn poorly.

If the guy hadn't gacked roster management up as badly as he has over the last several years, the Raiders might have gone to bat for him (he's actually done a really nice job developing Carr and modernizing certain parts of that offense). But in the end he was entitled to final say on personnel matters and that was only going to become a bigger and bigger problem as he became more entrenched.

Mike Mayock looked unhappy when they drafted Leatherwood. It was said he had a trade with the Vikings in place but Gruden didn't want to lose the chance of getting Leatherwood. I think Mayock never really got to draft his guys. Maybe, in later rounds but not with the top picks they had over the past few years.

Gruden does not have a good drafting tracking record during his tenure as a coach of any team.

tk13 10-11-2021 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15889673)

But as I've said - absolutely NOTHING seems to be gained by leaking the initial emails. Best I can figure that was a rogue operator.

I don't think it's that hard to figure. Go send some nasty emails about the person running your organization and watch what happens when they find out. Schefter pretty much said they were going to keep leaking emails until they drove him out.

Titty Meat 10-11-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15889673)
Legally it can't (at least not in a vacuum; as you said, there may be more we don't know).

But from a PR perspective they just had one of their flagship young QBs put up a 400 yard passing game and finish off a hell of a comeback to win in OT. And Gruden's still the top story.

It ain't a good look.

But maybe it's just ripping the band-aid off. The public has a shockingly short attention span and in 2 weeks Gruden will be forgotten. Meanwhile, a drawn-out public dragging would last far longer.

We'll see but I think you're right in 2 weeks there will be new stories. No way there isnt more out there about Meyer right? Not sure how big the St.Louis vs The NFL will be but that appears to be all bad for the NFL. You also still have the Watson thing out there. That all seems far from settled. Oh well the NFL has it's own printing press and the Chiefs super bowl hangover is like a page 5 story so.

NEOM 10-12-2021 12:26 AM

Gruden knew he was toast as soon as the first emails leaked. There were more coming and only a matter of time before his resignation. Again, nothing to do with cancel culture or woke police, when you act stupid, when you dont care about what you are saying in our current environment, you have to live with the consequences.

T-post Tom 10-12-2021 12:39 AM

Chuckie and Paula Deen are going to have a new cooking show on the HGTV network this fall: “Wokeness: It’s What’s for Dinner!”

Bump 10-12-2021 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15889627)
It's amazing that got swept under the rug. It was bordering on whoring them out without their permission. I guess the lesson with Watson and Snyder is to do something so embarrassing that the league hushes it to make it go away.

It'd be one thing if Snyder was good at his job. The city hates him and he's still bulletproof.

there's a difference between someone who writes the checks and someone who cashes a check.

BlackOp 10-12-2021 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15889668)
Baby, I was born this way.

I've heard in Asian culture...if their babies are born reeruned, they drown them.

The internet told me..so it's 100% fact.

NEOM 10-12-2021 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15889670)
This whole thing came about with workplace violations I'm no lawyer DJ would be better off chiming in here but you have a Bruce Allen making cheerleaders pose topeless and then sending the pics to Gruden. That alone is a huge violation. Then you have a trail of Gruden for years not just saying things like I disagree with gay marriage but using slurs. Would seem like an open and shut case once those emails were presented.

I assume that the NFL representatives and investigators indicated to Raiders/Mark Davis that there are even more critical and problematic emails written by Gruden. Those will highly be leaked as well, as long as Gruden stays. E-Mails that might even have insults towards Mark Davis and other colleagues within the Raiders organisation. My view is that this was the critical point, where Mark Davis realized, Gruden needs to go. He cannot afford being insulted and embarrassed by his HC, behind his back for years, a HC he appointed some years ago.

BryanBusby 10-12-2021 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15889669)
Sure they did.

The league can only get sued into the hinterlands so many times before they want no part of this shit and will GLADLY let Gruden hang for it. And after settling with Kaepernick to avoid public disclosure of exactly this sort of stuff, they had to take a front-line stance on the social justice stuff.

Well they can't very well do that and then have a head coach lobbing skunks into the elevator, now can they?

The best alternative they had was to scapegoat Gruden. Doesn't cost the shield shit and we know that's all they truly care about. There's no loyalty among that pack of jackals.

If they could barbecue Chuckie to save themselves some headache, they'll do it every time. The only question is really exactly what headache they've truly saved themselves? That's what I can't quite figure out. How does a public execution for something that had been swept under the rug to that point help them out?

That's why I'm thinking someone went off the reservation in leaking the emails. Once that happened, their response was all too predictable.

Think this is a pretty good summary. They want whoever is leaking shit to the NY Times to stop doing it ASAP.

Valiant 10-12-2021 01:13 AM

Raiders lucked out if they don't have to pay anymore on that contract and can land an actual good coach.

Wonder if we can send our shit oc.

Mecca 10-12-2021 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15889242)
There's going to be a lot more from this email dump I promise you.

And the same ten idiots will whine about cancel culture or whatever.

I personally always laugh when someone has a post that is basically saying "it's my right and everyone else's to be racist and homophobic how dare you judge us"

NEOM 10-12-2021 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15889737)
I personally always laugh when someone has a post that is basically saying "it's my right and everyone else's to be racist and homophobic how dare you judge us"

I mean, you have free speach and can say whatever you want but you should also live with the consequences. It's funny, somehow people complain about free speach being undermined, but when in human history it was allowed to say whatever you want without getting a response or consequences..?!

Pogue 10-12-2021 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15889669)
Sure they did.

Maybe this story goes away in two weeks, but I doubt it. There’s already clamoring for the rest of the emails, and going after more people. The scope of the investigation just went from WFT to the entire league.

The NFL ratings have climbed, there’s good football games. I think a record 15 games were decided in the final minutes/OT through 5 weeks and yet the headlines will be about Gruden emails from a decade ago.

That being said, Gruden made his own bed and will have to live with his decisions.

Mecca 10-12-2021 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 15889738)
I mean, you have free speach and can say whatever you want but you should also live with the consequences. It's funny, somehow people complain about free speach being undermined, but when in human history it was allowed to say whatever you want without getting a response or consequences..?!

Everyone get in your work email and call a high ranking exec a bundle of sticks pussy...see what happens.

Grudens a moron, anyone defending it is too. You have to know what you can and can't say how hard is that?

KCUnited 10-12-2021 05:20 AM

Imagine hitching your wagon to a QB that wears mascara then ultimately getting fired for being a homophobe.

rabblerouser 10-12-2021 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15882094)
Meh, once you hit high school or so, name-calling looses its appeal as a comedic device.

Ah, I guess you started skipping spelling class long before you hit high school and stopped calling people names then?

rabblerouser 10-12-2021 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty (Post 15888887)
Shit now they might get a decent coach.

The worst part of all of this...

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15889740)
Everyone get in your work email and call a high ranking exec a bundle of sticks pussy...see what happens.

Grudens a moron, anyone defending it is too. You have to know what you can and can't say how hard is that?

He didn't work for the NFL at the time. Was what he said juvenile and dumb? Yep. Are there thousands if not 10's or even 100's of thousands of men in his age bracket hoping no one ever goes through their emails? Yep.

I've seen plenty of people on this board reference Goodell in less flattering , and even less PC, terms.

Frankly, I'm glad Gruden is gone. He did his job, rebuilding a Raiders team that was in desperate need of a rebuild. He has been holding them back with his conservative play calling.

Providing the Raiders hire a dynamic young offensive minded coach, this will end up a good thing.

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 15889719)
Raiders lucked out if they don't have to pay anymore on that contract and can land an actual good coach.

Wonder if we can send our shit oc.

My greatest fear at this point is the Raiders hiring Eric B.

morphius 10-12-2021 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15889788)
He didn't work for the NFL at the time. Was what he said juvenile and dumb? Yep. Are there thousands if not 10's or even 100's of thousands of men in his age bracket hoping no one ever goes through their emails? Yep.

I've seen plenty of people on this board reference Goodell in less flattering , and even less PC, terms.

Frankly, I'm glad Gruden is gone. He did his job, rebuilding a Raiders team that was in desperate need of a rebuild. He has been holding them back with his conservative play calling.

Providing the Raiders hire a dynamic young offensive minded coach, this will end up a good thing.

Can you imagine if we kicked out every player that has said something misogynistic or used an "anti gay slur" in their life?

Molitoth 10-12-2021 06:30 AM

I miss the 90's when people weren't complete pussies.

Sorry to offend.

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 15889809)
I miss the 90's when people weren't complete pussies.

Sorry to offend.

Sad thing is it is likely the majority of the media mob hating on Gruden has similar emails sitting there waiting for someone to leak them.

Anyone really think Stephen A Smith isn't a massive asshole with a load of emails just like this?

lawrenceRaider 10-12-2021 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 15889793)
Can you imagine if we kicked out every player that has said something misogynistic or used an "anti gay slur" in their life?

Wouldn't be enough players left to fill out a single team.