ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Eleazar 07-27-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15757648)
Mizzou isn't voting no. This is a best of both worlds. You get Texas and its prestige and access to the benefits it provides as a conference member... but you get them in a conference that is so big and nasty by itself, it can tell UT to eff off and go away if they don't like things.

This is why we left when we could. The Big 12 was never going to be viable because Texas was always going to do this (Just a matter of whether it was SEC, B1G, or PAC). Mizzou jumped to secure a place in what would be one of the survivors of the final round of conference jumping.

I/we took a lot of shit in 2011. But it was all in anticipation of this.

Exactly.

All the talk from the Big XII at the time was “The Big XII isn’t unstable. Texas and Oklahoma aren’t going anywhere. The Big XII is going to expand and get a tv network that will bring in huge revenues too. Everything is fine.” It was forward-thinking of the four schools that left to make sure they got off that train before the last stop.

If Mizzou had stayed on the basis of that nonsense, as well as the loyalty and tradition nonsense Beebe and others were blowing, where would we find ourselves today, especially with both the football and basketball programs down right now? Not a pleasant thought.

Leaving our fate in the hands of UT and OU, and their puppets running the Big XII would have been utterly foolish, and it’s been proved out now.

Mile High Mania 07-27-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15757605)
Texas will now have been in both the Southwest and Southeast conference.

You cannot have it both ways.

Well, Texas is definitely 'south' and when you look at a map, it's essentially equidistant to either coast.

Titty Meat 07-27-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15757648)
Mizzou isn't voting no. This is a best of both worlds. You get Texas and its prestige and access to the benefits it provides as a conference member... but you get them in a conference that is so big and nasty by itself, it can tell UT to eff off and go away if they don't like things.

This is why we left when we could. The Big 12 was never going to be viable because Texas was always going to do this (Just a matter of whether it was SEC, B1G, or PAC). Mizzou jumped to secure a place in what would be one of the survivors of the final round of conference jumping.

I/we took a lot of shit in 2011. But it was all in anticipation of this.

Yeah remember Nebraska left because they couldnt beat Texas

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMXcalibur (Post 15757877)
**** Texas and their goofy channel that only exists so the university can hype up a shitty game vs Rice in early September.

Why do people bash Tex but not OU? They’re both moving. Why is one worst than the other? Never understood the hate for either, they’re simply doing what any of the Rump schools they ditched would do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15757910)
Yeah remember Nebraska left because they couldnt beat Texas

I remember Nubs blaming Texas for removing the partial qualifiers which wrecked your program. A situation that hasn’t improved in your new digs and likely never will.

Pants 07-27-2021 02:58 PM

I don't see B1G wanting Kansas.

I think the most likely scenario is the BIG 12 trying to add some more schools and crossing their fingers they remain a P5 conference.

tredadda 07-27-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15757994)
I don't see B1G wanting Kansas.

I think the most likely scenario is the BIG 12 trying to add some more schools and crossing their fingers they remain a P5 conference.

Unless thrown a bone I can't see how they remain a P5 conference from a football perspective. Just no elite FB programs left after UT and OU depart.

tredadda 07-27-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15757986)
Why do people bash Tex but not OU? They’re both moving. Why is one worst than the other? Never understood the hate for either, they’re simply doing what any of the Rump schools they ditched would do.

I remember Nubs blaming Texas for removing the partial qualifiers which wrecked your program. A situation that hasn’t improved in your new digs and likely never will.

UT's driving this train for sure. Pretty sure OU would not be moving if not for UT. The fact Texas was the main culprit behind the destruction of the SWC and now possibly the Big 12, they deserve more anger. Not blaming them from doing what they feel is best for their program, but I can see why others would be angry.

Pants 07-27-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15758068)
Unless thrown a bone I can't see how they remain a P5 conference from a football perspective. Just no elite FB programs left after UT and OU depart.

UT hasn't been an elite program for a decade.

OU, Oklahoma State, Baylor, WVU, and TCU have had years when they were elite during that time span.

tredadda 07-27-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15758085)
UT hasn't been an elite program for a decade.

OU, Oklahoma State, Baylor, WVU, and TCU have had years when they were elite during that time span.

True on all, but Texas and Oklahoma have enough pull to keep that conference as a P5. No other program in that league can do that. Perhaps some could go to the AAC and give them the bump needed to replace the Big 12 as a P5.

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15758077)
UT's driving this train for sure. Pretty sure OU would not be moving if not for UT.

If you’re sure, let’s see your evidence.

Quote:

The fact Texas was the main culprit behind the destruction of the SWC and now possibly the Big 12, they deserve more anger. Not blaming them from doing what they feel is best for their program, but I can see why others would be angry.

Arkansas bailed on the SWC. Blame them. And anyway, things happening 30 years ago in a completely diff industry really have zero bearing on today.

Pitt Gorilla 07-27-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 15757627)
I'm looking forward to them continuing their fall to mediocrity and losing their special channel.

Not sure why the big 12 allowed them so much influence.

Titty Meat 07-27-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15757986)

You guys sucked Texas cock for decades now and they still left you out in the cold. Shame.

Prison Bitch 07-27-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15758138)
You guys sucked Texas cock for decades now and they still left you out in the cold. Shame.

The 25 year run Kansas basketball had, being in league with Texas, was simply glorious. They paid us a shit ton of their (well earned) FB money and we won more games and more NCAAT games than anyone. Their fans are cool, and they’ve got a real “KU vibe” to them that you (frankly) don’t possess.

I wish em well, and the Rump schools should as well. If KSU really thinks about all the subsidies they got from Texas, they’d rename their palatial FB digs “DeLoss Dodds Family Stadiun”

Titty Meat 07-27-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15758161)
The 25 year run Kansas basketball had, being in league with Texas, was simply glorious. They paid us a shit ton of their (well earned) FB money and we won more games and more NCAAT games than anyone. Their fans are cool, and they’ve got a real “KU vibe” to them that you (frankly) don’t possess.

I wish em well, and the Rump schools should as well. If KSU really thinks about all the subsidies they got from Texas, they’d rename their palatial FB digs “DeLoss Dodds Family Stadiun”

That 25 year success in basketball means so much that KU is about to play in a midcon LMAO

BWillie 07-27-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15758187)
That 25 year success in basketball means so much that KU is about to play in a midcon LMAO

KU fans don't care about football anyway, I mean, not really. If we were MTN WEST for Football and Big East for basketball I wouldn't even care. Big East is a major in bball.

UCONN
Villanova
Georgetown
Marquette
Seton Hall
Xavier

legit basketball conference.