ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is CEH a JAG? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339854)

TEX 12-24-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16031225)
Can't undo the past, its a pointless discussion that goes nowhere

Lets focus on what CAN be done

I get what you're saying, but it's not pointless. Those who disregard history tend to repeat it. It needs to not be forgotten because the same people will be making the decision to draft the next RB.

Tribal Warfare 12-24-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16031998)
I get what you're saying, but it's not pointless. Those who disregard history tend to repeat it. It needs to not be forgotten because the same people will be making the decision to draft the next RB.

The whole deal is predicated that said RBs weren't sleepers but known commodities

CatfishBob2 12-24-2021 03:19 PM

Yes it is pointless....CEH isn't the first time we've missed (I wouldn't call it a miss..just overdrafted) on a pick and it won't be the last. It's on the coaches to scheme around his strengths and weaknesses while the FO continues building the roster

Tribal Warfare 12-24-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatfishBob2 (Post 16032036)
Yes it is pointless....CEH isn't the first time we've missed (I wouldn't call it a miss..just overdrafted) on a pick and it won't be the last. It's on the coaches to scheme around his strengths and weaknesses while the FO continues building the roster

With that line nihilistic thought there shouldn't be a BB in general because it's useless to discuss anything

CatfishBob2 12-24-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16032041)
With that line nihilistic thought there shouldn't be a BB in general because it's useless to discuss anything

Nah I understand the thinking. Hell the RB and WR I wanted in that draft went to the steelers in Claypool and Anthony Mcfarland.... But that was two years ago. When do we quit bringing it up?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12-24-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatfishBob2 (Post 16032053)
Nah I understand the thinking. Hell the RB and WR I wanted in that draft went to the steelers in Claypool and Anthony Mcfarland.... But that was two years ago. When do we quit bringing it up?

Knowing this board?

2081 or so.

Hell, some people are still fighting Grbac/Gannon here and that was 20+ years ago.

CapsLockKey 12-24-2021 04:16 PM

Like the pick or not, he was the guy Mahomes wanted so I support it even if he ends not not working out long term. I think it's still too early to judge since he's only played about a seasons worth of games due to the injuries. He had a couple flashes but can't disagree that he hasn't lived up to expectations yet.

TwistedChief 12-24-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16031998)

Okay, if anyone from CP becomes the next GM of the Chiefs, you have a really good point. We probably should even be discussing it more given the likelihood of Red Dawg succeeding Veach.

scho63 12-24-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16032113)
Okay, if anyone from CP becomes the next GM of the Chiefs, you have a really good point. We probably should even be discussing it more given the likelihood of Red Dawg succeeding Veach.

LMAO

I had Red Dawg too as GM!

Coochie liquor 12-24-2021 06:35 PM

If we ran out offense the same way we ran it in the AFCCG against the Tits with Clyde, we’d kill people. Those 4th quarter offensive calls and plays were just demoralizing to the Tits. They couldn’t stop what we were doing, and if we ran those exact plays in that same order again, I feel like the same results would occur.

Coochie liquor 12-24-2021 06:38 PM

Also, when we use CEH in the screen game it almost always works. Why doesn’t Andy use him more that way?

Megatron96 12-24-2021 10:23 PM

This is some pretty good stuff.
<iframe width="898" height="505" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QmH27nNs2WM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dlphg9 12-25-2021 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsLockKey (Post 16032085)
Like the pick or not, he was the guy Mahomes wanted so I support it even if he ends not not working out long term. I think it's still too early to judge since he's only played about a seasons worth of games due to the injuries. He had a couple flashes but can't disagree that he hasn't lived up to expectations yet.

People actually believe this?

PAChiefsGuy 12-25-2021 03:07 AM

CEH is just an average NFL RB. There's nothing special about him. It was a bad pick but no NFL GM is going to get every pick right.

Overall, I think Veach is doing pretty good.

Chris Meck 12-25-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16032429)
People actually believe this?

the story was widely reported. Veach asked Mahomes who he wanted, and he said, " Give me Clyde".

I don't expect it was in such a way as that they would just draft whomever Mahomes said, but rather that Veach was curious what Mahomes thought he needed.