ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 10177328)
He could easily have a spot cut in the fence like the main group, wouldn't be that hard to find an area not watched much and go in at night, leading walkers to the fence, etc.

Or just used the same area Rick's group uses. It's just tied up with what looks like a heavy gauge wire, not locked or anything.

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10177329)
Uhh... I thought the rats were being fed to the walkers to inhibit the plague/flu.

The rats showed up before the plague, no?

mcaj22 11-11-2013 08:10 AM

that was a lot of screen time for Hersh last night, thought they were building him up for his swan song at the end, still might be the next couple episodes. Hope he doesnt get the pink slip, dude is like one of three characters on the whole show that can act.

NewChief 11-11-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10177383)
that was a lot of screen time for Hersh last night, thought they were building him up for his swan song at the end, still might be the next couple episodes. Hope he doesnt get the pink slip, dude is like one of three characters on the whole show that can act.

Yeah, I was worried that he was going to collapse and die, going all messianic at the end. I think the focus on him for the episode was to show his whole crisis of faith that he experiences at the end. It's an interesting development: he has stayed strong and been a rock for people due to his faith. That's what got him through that episode. Yet, at the end, he appears to be questioning the existence of a higher power.

KC_Lee 11-11-2013 08:27 AM

Great episode, lots of action, the Rick / Carl scenes were spot on and not over thought, the fight in cell block was well done.

Thought Adam Savage made a good point on The Talking Dead that the group will not have a lot of time to ponder Carol's fate. Outside forces (the Gov. and / or Walker horde) will force the group to fight rather than worry about how Dayrl will deal with what Rick did to Carol.

And a great performance by Scot Wilson, one of the best in the show so far.

journeyscarab 11-11-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 10177328)
He could easily have a spot cut in the fence like the main group, wouldn't be that hard to find an area not watched much and go in at night, leading walkers to the fence, etc.

I seem to remember a few episodes back there was a section of fence that they (the prison group) kept coming in and out of and they were reconnecting the gap with wire? It was a section near where the little creek runs.

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 10177519)
I seem to remember a few episodes back there was a section of fence that they (the prison group) kept coming in and out of and they were reconnecting the gap with wire? It was a section near where the little creek runs.

Yes, that's what I referred to. No reason the Gov couldn't use that, and the prison peeps would never know. He could feed the walkers to get them to continually push on the fence and eventually run Rick's group (and his former Woodbury group) out.

journeyscarab 11-11-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10177557)
Yes, that's what I referred to. No reason the Gov couldn't use that, and the prison peeps would never know. He could feed the walkers to get them to continually push on the fence and eventually run Rick's group (and his former Woodbury group) out.

Yeah I think thats what he's doing. Slipping in at night and feeding the horde. He used them as weapons last season - it makes sense.

allen_kcCard 11-11-2013 09:51 AM

If he could get into the fence to feed the rats, with the purpose of them pushing it over, then he could just as easily get in there with bolt cutters and cut the fence wide open....I don't think it is him, it was someone who didn't realize the consequence of feeding them and having them all group up. I still think it is the little zombie-friend girl that was mad that they killed Nick the zombie.

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10177573)
If he could get into the fence to feed the rats, with the purpose of them pushing it over, then he could just as easily get in there with bolt cutters and cut the fence wide open....I don't think it is him, it was someone who didn't realize the consequence of feeding them and having them all group up. I still think it is the little zombie-friend girl that was mad that they killed Nick the zombie.

:hmmm:

True... but a hole in the fence could be patched. The entire thing toppled is more dangerous.

seaofred 11-11-2013 12:09 PM

This is the best season so far. I just don't know how the trail on the Governor has gone cold when he is so close to the prison. So Michone isn't a very good tracker?

Ceej 11-11-2013 12:51 PM

Good episode.

Why do I get the vibe that Maggie or Glen will turn - take their own life, then the other will do the same.

seaofred 11-11-2013 12:57 PM

Only way I could see Maggie do that is if her dad and sister are already gone.

notorious 11-11-2013 02:08 PM

Awesome episode. 10/10

frankotank 11-12-2013 10:39 AM

well shit. I'm a big bubba....I can take it....so bash away.

I didn't think this episode was all that. I was like....OK....for GODS SAKE MAN I get it! everybody is sick. people are dieing and turning. for the last THREE episodes it's been the same shit. can we move past this ****ing storyline already. sonofabitch man. he's taking care of someone over here....he's taking care of someone over there.....wait...back to cell 3....and....he's taking care of someone in there.

I'm ready for something else.

notorious 11-12-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10180563)
well shit. I'm a big bubba....I can take it....so bash away.

I didn't think this episode was all that. I was like....OK....for GODS SAKE MAN I get it! everybody is sick. people are dieing and turning. for the last THREE episodes it's been the same shit. can we move past this ****ing storyline already. sonofabitch man. he's taking care of someone over here....he's taking care of someone over there.....wait...back to cell 3....and....he's taking care of someone in there.

I'm ready for something else.

It's not near as bad as the farm. The entire first half of season 2 was mediocre.

Fire Me Boy! 11-12-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10181131)
It's not near as bad as the farm. The entire first half of season 2 was mediocre.

I liked the farm season... :shrug:

notorious 11-12-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10181143)
I liked the farm season... :shrug:

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_ima...G-87582072.gif

I liked Shane, and the bar scene that Rick was 100% badass.

Fire Me Boy! 11-12-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10181148)

Totally serious. I liked the character building. I think a lot of the reason we care about many of these characters is because of the depth we got from some of the less exciting episodes. I don't need zombies in every scene.

seaofred 11-12-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10181258)
Totally serious. I liked the character building. I think a lot of the reason we care about many of these characters is because of the depth we got from some of the less exciting episodes. I don't need zombies in every scene.

I agree with this.

frankotank 11-12-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10181148)

ROFLROFLROFL
that's awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10181258)

while there is much truth here...I was ready for the farm to end a while before it ended. I totally agree with the importance of character building and good stuff is good stuff...even if that good stuff doesn't involve zombies (the shane/rick stuff for instance). I am a horror buff and I just KNEW there was NO WAY this show would make it. how could it!? I was blissfully wrong. :D

but PLEASE! enough with the "I'm sick take care of me" story line. it's been beaten to ****ing DEATH MAN! ****! it's like Lori is alive again I'm so pissed off!

seaofred 11-12-2013 02:39 PM

I don't think you have to worry about the I'm sick stuff anymore. They got back with the medicine and with the appearance of the Gov. it will switch to him. In fact, the episode this Sunday will most likely focus soley on the Gov. If I had to guess.

Sure-Oz 11-12-2013 06:37 PM

I'm prett sure the next few episodes will be ramped up. The meds are in and the Governor is hanging around...shit's gonna happen

Valiant 11-12-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10177329)
Uhh... I thought the rats were being fed to the walkers to inhibit the plague/flu.

I still think he has a person on teh inside, to infect and weaken them.

Fire Me Boy! 11-13-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10182949)
I still think he has a person on teh inside, to infect and weaken them.

Bob, the medic/alcoholic?

seaofred 11-13-2013 07:26 AM

Maybe that is one of the things pushing him back to drinking. The guilt of making everyone sick.

KC_Lee 11-13-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10183197)

That's my guess.

KC_Connection 11-13-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10181333)
I don't think you have to worry about the I'm sick stuff anymore. They got back with the medicine and with the appearance of the Gov. it will switch to him. In fact, the episode this Sunday will most likely focus soley on the Gov. If I had to guess.

Yeah, it's done. Culminated last week with Herschel's faith in a higher power being challenged. But it was the best storyline this show has ever had and I think TWD is really going to have a problem topping it with anything Governor related in the 2nd half.

We'll see, though. They could surprise me and make the Governor a more interesting, less cartoonish character.

KC_Connection 11-13-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10183197)

Seems too obvious.

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2013 09:01 AM

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6172/md6t.jpg

Radar Chief 11-14-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10186268)

:LOL: Copied and sent to the Mrs.

KC_Connection 11-18-2013 02:58 AM

I like that they're trying to reboot the Governor's character until something less cartoonish and more human. It's a much better route than if they carried on with the same conflict from last year immediately. Perhaps they can make his storyline a compelling one this time.

Sure-Oz 11-18-2013 07:28 AM

Ya..good start with the gov I agree. Wonder if this will be for 2 episodes or more without the rest of the cast

seaofred 11-18-2013 10:11 AM

I haven't gotten to watch this episode. I can't wait to watch it tonight.

KC_Connection 11-18-2013 12:04 PM

It was definitely not your regular episode of TWD. It's pretty much a short film encompassing one story, but I think it worked. At least they recognized they needed to do something to make his character more interesting.

Frosty 11-18-2013 01:10 PM

I didn't care for last night's episode. I was really enjoying this season and wasn't very happy when the Governor popped up last week. It felt like a step back. Now they are dedicating whole episodes to him, which breaks up the momentum the season had.

Also, the episode was reallllly slow:

Lady: *asks Gov a question*

Gov:................................................................................................ ..
Gov: *mumble*

:rolleyes:

Valiant 11-18-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10202090)
I didn't care for last night's episode. I was really enjoying this season and wasn't very happy when the Governor popped up last week. It felt like a step back. Now they are dedicating whole episodes to him, which breaks up the momentum the season had.

Also, the episode was reallllly slow:

Lady: *asks Gov a question*

Gov:................................................................................................ ..
Gov: *mumble*

:rolleyes:

Wut?

I thought it was great. Episodes like this is what makes you care for characters.

Shit I almost wish he got to be the leader of the spinoff show. Would make a good back history. Then have the groups meet back up in a couple seasons to see how they interact.

aturnis 11-18-2013 03:35 PM

I'm usually all for character development. That said, last night's episode was terribly boring.

Sure-Oz 11-18-2013 04:29 PM

I thought last nights episode was pretty good...I assume this will tie in with the current story soon. Glad they are getting some character development in rather than just have him show up again

KC_Connection 11-19-2013 12:40 AM

You could either abandon the Governor's story entirely (which I wouldn't have been opposed to, but it's hard to just leave that huge thread hanging there) or you have to do something like this by rebooting his character. An episode like this may end up paying off down the road even more when he comes back into conflict with the main group.

Baby Lee 11-19-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10202763)
I thought last nights episode was pretty good...I assume this will tie in with the current story soon. Glad they are getting some character development in rather than just have him show up again

Yeah, wasn't a fan of The Governor, but Governor Plissken presented some interesting developments.

seaofred 11-19-2013 07:39 AM

I thought Sunday's episode was very good. I liked how they went back and developed his character. I did find the women he hooked up with to be a bit annoying.

Chief Gump 11-19-2013 07:53 AM

Did we ever find out for certain who burned the walkers in the pit from last season? I forget.

KC_Lee 11-19-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Gump (Post 10204419)
Did we ever find out for certain who burned the walkers in the pit from last season? I forget.

It was Milton, the Gov's nerdy buddy. The Gov killed Milton because he brunt all the walkers.

What's the chance we see Carol in the camp they showed in next week's preview?

seaofred 11-19-2013 08:29 AM

[QUOTE=KC_Lee;10204465]It was Milton, the Gov's nerdy buddy. The Gov killed Milton because he brunt all the walkers.

What's the chance we see Carol in the camp they showed in next week's preview?[/QUOTE]

I would say it's a 47.395% chance. Doesn't she know what the Gov. looks like? Would be hard for them to interact.

KC_Lee 11-19-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10204469)
I would say it's a 47.395% chance. Doesn't she know what the Gov. looks like? Would be hard for them to interact.

Not sure if she ever saw the Gov. I think she was part of Rick's group that left the prison during the "war" between Woodbury & the prison.

That would be an interesting story line though; Carol re-awakens the Gov's desire to destroy Rick & the prison.

notorious 11-19-2013 08:35 AM

She doesn't know the Gov.

I liked last the episode. It started with a couple of bra-less knockers swaying in a T-Shirt.

The Gov seems to have lost a little of his edge. He would have had no problem in the hospital before.

seaofred 11-19-2013 08:46 AM

I thought she did see the Gov. If not, it's very possible then.

KC_Lee 11-19-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10204484)
She doesn't know the Gov.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10204492)
I thought she did see the Gov. If not, it's very possible then.

Well let's look at this way; what if Carol has gone a little Govenor after she was kicked out by Rick? What if her time out on her own pushed her over the edge and she has gotten hardened towards Rick & his group?

That could be a great story arc.

seaofred 11-19-2013 08:54 AM

My question is, how does the Gov keep hooking up with these women in the Apocolypse? Sure doesn't seem to miss his wife.

KC_Lee 11-19-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10204506)
My question is, how does the Gov keep hooking up with these women in the Apocolypse? Sure doesn't seem to miss his wife.

He has a case of Axe body spray in his bag.

penguinz 11-19-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10204506)

Spoiler!

L.A. Chieffan 11-19-2013 11:19 AM

This show is so much different from the comic now. Not really sure why they did that but ok

Sure-Oz 11-19-2013 11:24 AM

What...

Fire Me Boy! 11-19-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10204844)
Spoiler!

I don't buy that. I know you're playing off the Rise of the Governor story, but I don't think that plays here. Certainly could be wrong.

Fire Me Boy! 11-19-2013 11:39 AM

In interesting read. Interview with David Morrisey (the Governor): http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...rs-back-656712

seaofred 11-19-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Spoiler!

That just blew my mind!

KC_Connection 11-19-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10204882)
I don't buy that. I know you're playing off the Rise of the Governor story, but I don't think that plays here. Certainly could be wrong.

Yes, I think it's pretty safe to say that he does in this story.

seaofred 11-19-2013 02:42 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think Carol shows back up this week or next. When is the mid season final?

frankotank 11-19-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

wait a minute....I think you MAY be confusing the comic with the show.
correct me if I'm wrong but....

Spoiler!

Fire Me Boy! 11-19-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10205481)
wait a minute....I think you MAY be confusing the comic with the show.
correct me if I'm wrong but....

Spoiler!

I think penguin is suggesting that the real relationship will come to light soon and that we'll find out what happened in the books is what happened in the show, we just weren't privy to that info yet.

I think he's wrong.

frankotank 11-19-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10205503)
I think penguin is suggesting that the real relationship will come to light soon and that we'll find out what happened in the books is what happened in the show, we just weren't privy to that info yet.

I think he's wrong.

aight den.
lots of internet grub out there stating the daughter vs niece thing....but in both show and comic the sexual relationship was implied. shows what a vile thing the gov really is. good grief man......

I remember being surprised at the difference in the relationship between show and book....like....WHY

Jamie 11-19-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

I think he's wrong.

Yeah, and mother-daughter-uncle would be an odd combination for that kind of posed family photo.

Fire Me Boy! 11-20-2013 08:38 AM

TWD on Facebook says Fred Armisen, Paul Scheer, and a surprise cast member from The Walking Dead will be guests on The Talking Dead this week. Who's gonna die?

Radar Chief 11-20-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

I think he's wrong.

I agree.
Don’t forget that at the same time he had Milton working on whether the walkers had any consciousness, any humanity left to them.
I think the daughter/family thing is just one of those places where the show is going to deviate from the comics.

Aries Walker 11-20-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10206774)
TWD on Facebook says Fred Armisen, Paul Scheer, and a surprise cast member from The Walking Dead will be guests on The Talking Dead this week. Who's gonna die?

My money is on Martinez.

Gonzo 11-20-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10207959)
My money is on Martinez.

I'm thinking that's a little obvious. It's going to be a main character. Someone like Glenn, Carol or Maggie.

Aries Walker 11-20-2013 06:55 PM

Of those three, I'd go Glenn. His would provide the most dramatic possibility, and he's not doing much for the story that another character couldn't instead.

ThaVirus 11-20-2013 07:13 PM

I liked the latest episode if only for the fact that it showed people surviving back out on the road. I find the show much more entertaining that way..

notorious 11-20-2013 08:54 PM

Blonde Farmer's daughter is going down.

Errr, in a bad way.

TambaBerry 11-20-2013 09:02 PM

I agree the best part of this show is the survival part, the groups fighting is just boring.

KC_Lee 11-21-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10206774)

Going guess it's Carol but she's not going to die. I think the producers of Talking Dead know that fans picked up on the "suprise cast member" is the one being offed in that week's episode.

OmahaChief 11-21-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10208057)
I liked the latest episode if only for the fact that it showed people surviving back out on the road. I find the show much more entertaining that way..

I totally agree with this. That is what really gets me pumped up is when they are out trying to survive. Planning a raid on some place for meds or food or ammo or whatever the need is. I need more of that type of stuff and less of the other garbage.

journeyscarab 11-22-2013 09:10 AM

Looks like some spoilers are leaking out...

SPOILER ALERT!

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:10 AM

Potentially a BIG spoiler here, especially if you read the comics (since you know what happens if this goes down).

Spoiler!

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 10211521)
Looks like some spoilers are leaking out...

Spoiler!

SPOILER ALERT!

Beat me by >< much. But I got the picture. :p

journeyscarab 11-22-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211523)
Beat me by >< much. But I got the picture. :p

:thumb:

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 10211524)
:thumb:

If I hadn't wasted time finding the URL for the pic, I'd have beat you... :harumph:

journeyscarab 11-22-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211540)
If I hadn't wasted time finding the URL for the pic, I'd have beat you... :harumph:

LMAO It's all good.

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 10211638)
LMAO It's all good.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...iluio1_500.gif