ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

Braincase 12-08-2011 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Meanwhile, in the land of Unwavering Fan Dedication...

evenfall 12-08-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8182091)
Meanwhile, in the land of Unwavering Fan Dedication...

Will there be more Mizzou fans 12 hours away in Shreveport than there were Jayhawks fans 1 hour away at Arrowhead?

Mr. Plow 12-08-2011 06:52 PM

I'm a little disappointed in the MU fans here....I expected worse.

Bump 12-08-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8181720)
Who do you think is generally going to be the team to beat in the East if not Florida?

I'm just saying, MU is gonna rocked by almost everybody in the SEC. Florida is the least of their worries.

evenfall 12-08-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8182125)
I'm a little disappointed in the MU fans here....I expected worse.

It's a smart hire in some ways. Zenger saw the crowd at the Missouri game this year and he saw the whole crowd leave at halftime when they were down 10 points to Oklahoma... he knows interest in the program is bottoming out.

He needed a big name to rekindle some interest and he got that. It's a smart hire from that perspective.

You'd worry more about year 2, with Weis having to prove something to the fans with high school talent.

Saul Good 12-08-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8182142)
I'm just saying, MU is gonna rocked by almost everybody in the SEC. Florida is the least of their worries.

I'll bet you anything you want that Mizzou is no worse than .500 in the SEC next year.

Mr. Plow 12-08-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 8182183)
It's a smart hire in some ways. Zenger saw the crowd at the Missouri game this year and he saw the whole crowd leave at halftime when they were down 10 points to Oklahoma... he knows interest in the program is bottoming out.

He needed a big name to rekindle some interest and he got that. It's a smart hire from that perspective.

You'd worry more about year 2, with Weis having to prove something to the fans with high school talent.

I'm kind of middle of the road about the hire. I'm not overly excited about it right now, but we definitely could have done worse. Might be a good one, might not be.

Caseyguyrr 12-08-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8182214)
I'm kind of middle of the road about the hire. I'm not overly excited about it right now, but we definitely could have done worse. Might be a good one, might not be.

if he couldnt recruit for shit at Notre Dame, whats gonna make kids want to go to Kansas to play football?

Pants 12-08-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseyguyrr (Post 8182452)
if he couldnt recruit for shit at Notre Dame, whats gonna make kids want to go to Kansas to play football?

He couldn't?

Brock 12-08-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8182199)
I'll bet you anything you want that Mizzou is no worse than .500 in the SEC next year.

Way to step out on a limb.

|Zach| 12-08-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8182573)
Way to step out on a limb.

We have been told time and time again we will be the doormat. Seems thats a bold prediction in the eyes of a lot of folks.

LMAO

Mr. Plow 12-08-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseyguyrr (Post 8182452)

Didn't he have like top 15/20 classes each year at ND?

Bearcat 12-08-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8182583)
We have been told time and time again we will be the doormat. Seems thats a bold prediction in the eyes of a lot of folks.

LMAO

Well, it was assumed you wouldn't hide from Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas.

Buehler445 12-08-2011 11:04 PM

Well, interesting hire. I have no idea why Weis would want to come to Kansas. That's a pretty big name for a program mired in shit like Kansas is. Not sure what to think about it all, but in point of fact I am just shocked.

It's new and shiny and hasn't burned me yet.

I assume we'll be running a pro-style offense. I wonder how that will work with the talent we can pull. I wonder if we'll be able to recruit some guys stictly because it is a pro-style.

The big thing though is the defense. If he can hire some staff to run a defense, I think we'll have some success.

Another big thing is that everybody tempers their expectations. I'm not really sure what to expect from Weis. I just know that we need to not be an embarrassment and need to get out of the discussion for worst team in the NCAA. I'm not expecting to go bowling in 2012, but 2013...probably.

Anyway, at least we now know what we have.

KC_Connection 12-08-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8182904)
Well, interesting hire. I have no idea why Weis would want to come to Kansas. That's a pretty big name for a program mired in shit like Kansas is. Not sure what to think about it all, but in point of fact I am just shocked.

It's new and shiny and hasn't burned me yet.

I assume we'll be running a pro-style offense. I wonder how that will work with the talent we can pull. I wonder if we'll be able to recruit some guys stictly because it is a pro-style.

The big thing though is the defense. If he can hire some staff to run a defense, I think we'll have some success.

Another big thing is that everybody tempers their expectations. I'm not really sure what to expect from Weis. I just know that we need to not be an embarrassment and need to get out of the discussion for worst team in the NCAA. I'm not expecting to go bowling in 2012, but 2013...probably.

Anyway, at least we now know what we have.

On the road to the 'ship.