ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CHIEFS ***OFFICIALLY*** SIGN TYLER BRAY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272676)

rico 06-08-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737917)
I try and think of the pros and cons.

Chase is smaller, chubbier, and has a noodle arm.

Stanzi has the height and arm, needs the development.

Neither guy has any relevant NFL sample size to determine who is actually better.

Why I think they wanted Chase now is because he can run that Pistol offense like Alex Smith, and Bray can be the developmental traditional big armed QB they can bring along slowly, essentially "our" Nick Foles.

When the Alex Smith/Chase Daniel Pistol/Spread shit offense is a failure for the next 1 or 2 seasons they will overhaul the offense to fit a big armed pocket passer like Bray. Which I can see happening.

Maybe. Honestly though (and I could be way, way off), I get the feeling that part of the reason why he was signed was because he played at Missouri and it would be a popular move with the Mizzou/Chiefs fan homers.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-08-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9737920)
I just think Stanzi and chase both probably suck.

Although chase has played in the pre season well, I guess
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, Chase the preseason warrior. God DAMN that was the dumbest acquisition of the offseason(next to Axl of course).

Anywho; let's get Bray on the field so we can get these dumbassed Lil' Chiefy true fans hip to the future NOW.

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737917)
I try and think of the pros and cons.

Chase is smaller, chubbier, and has a noodle arm.

Stanzi has the height and arm, needs the development.

Neither guy has any relevant NFL sample size to determine who is actually better.

Why I think they wanted Chase now is because he can run that Pistol offense like Alex Smith, and Bray can be the developmental traditional big armed QB they can bring along slowly, essentially "our" Nick Foles.

When the Alex Smith/Chase Daniel Pistol/Spread shit offense is a failure for the next 1 or 2 seasons they will overhaul the offense to fit a big armed pocket passer like Bray. Which I can see happening.

speaking of which I was lurking on a Vikings BB the other day and apparently without the Chiefs PR machine it is being reported that Cassel was absolutely horrible during the Vikings' OTAs. Now it seems that the Chiefs PR reps are doing the same coverup ploy for Alex Smith.

SAUTO 06-08-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9737925)
Maybe. Honestly though (and I could be way, way off), I get the feeling that part of the reason why he was signed was because he played at Missouri and it would be a popular move with the Mizzou/Chiefs fan homers.

Highly doubtful
Posted via Mobile Device

rico 06-08-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9737930)
Highly doubtful
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, like I said...could be way off. I just literally can't make sense of the acquisition (especially the lucrative contract) and that was just one of the things that crossed my mind as a possibility of what could possibly prompt them to do something so stupid.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-08-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9737925)

That's part of it. The other, and more significant part, is signing a ****ing chump that poses no threat to Axl whatsoever. It's amazing to me that the most important position on a team, is the position that coaches are so pussy about when it comes to creating legitimate competition.
Oh noes! We might hurt someone's butt! On noes!

rico 06-08-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9737940)
That's part of it. The other, and more significant part, is signing a ****ing chump that poses no threat to Axl whatsoever. It's amazing to me that the most important position on a team, is the position that coaches are so pussy about when it comes to creating legitimate competition.
Oh noes! We might hurt someone's butt! On noes!

http://www.childstarlets.com/lobby/b...via_hack12.jpg

"I never thought of it that way, Sweet Daddy."

And even if Bray is or becomes a legitimate threat, the can justify sitting him due to the universal belief regarding him needing to mature.

The Bad Guy 06-08-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9737929)
speaking of which I was lurking on a Vikings BB the other day and apparently without the Chiefs PR machine it is being reported that Cassel was absolutely horrible during the Vikings' OTAs. Now it seems that the Chiefs PR reps are doing the same coverup ploy for Alex Smith.

Same coverup ploy?

You're ****ing useless on this board.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 02:53 PM

yea we are totally ****ed this season if our injury prone 30 year old QB with shoulder and concussion history gets hurt. Flush the season down the shitter if that happens.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-08-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9737929)

I'll bite. What are they going to say? "Well, we really screwed the pooch on this one"?

With all of the fluff surrounding this dumb mother****er, it's probably not too far off the mark. You can't spin that shit during a season though. Though there will be MANY here and elsewhere that will cling to every word of that shit like the Gospel of Christ in an effort to legitimize their willingness to trust yet another process, as opposed to admitting that they were WRONG, and taking off the homer-glasses.

I ain't worried one goddamned bit; it's coming.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 02:57 PM

people are still clinging to the Jon Baldwin training camp reports of him jumping over Arizona Cardinals DBs in a scrimmage in shorts from last year

so people will ride the Alex Smith one for a long time

SAUTO 06-08-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737965)
people are still clinging to the Jon Baldwin training camp reports of him jumping over Arizona Cardinals DBs in a scrimmage in shorts from last year

so people will ride the Alex Smith one for a long time

You leave the great Baldwin alone, he is going to blow up this year as a tight end that jumps over everyone
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9737961)
I'll bite. What are they going to say? "Well, we really screwed the pooch on this one"?

With all of the fluff surrounding this dumb mother****er, it's probably not too far off the mark. You can't spin that shit during a season though. Though there will be MANY here and elsewhere that will cling to every word of that shit like the Gospel of Christ in an effort to legitimize their willingness to trust yet another process, as opposed to admitting that they were WRONG, and taking off the homer-glasses.

I ain't worried one goddamned bit; it's coming.

I'm not either, it's the same song and dance, to get asses in seats at Arrowhead. It's just irritating that they are trying to feed us a shitburger with different seasoning. The real interesting thing with Reid's praise of Bray is it's not the same coachspeak with constant buzz phrases such as " He's a great competitor" or " He's a really hard worker" ect... with Bray it's like he's amped up that he may have got a steal.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9737968)
I'm not either, it's the same song and dance, to get asses in seats at Arrowhead. It's just irritating that they are trying to feed us a shitburger with different seasoning. The real interesting thing with Reid's praise of Bray is it's not the same coachspeak with constant buzz phrases such as " He's a great competitor" or " He's a really hard worker" ect... with Bray it's like he's amped up that he may have got a steal.

that's because Bray can be flipped as an insurance policy for Reid in case the Alex Smith experiment blows up in his face. He can then buy himself extra years with the Bray development. "Hey I have a young QB in the wings, it's a process blah blah"

-King- 06-08-2013 03:22 PM

People who think he'll beat out Chase Daniel are crazy.

No matter what, he shouldn't touch the field this year. Mentally he's a mess and the same can be said for his accuracy. Needs to ride the bench for a while.