ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

RustShack 09-12-2012 09:17 AM

Kinda sucks we can't get Florida State or Clemson.

People with a better understanding of the contract, does it stay the same if we add two schools so its less money per school, or is there room for more money(so its at least equal for all the schools currently)? Because aren't we supposed to have a Championship game as part of the deal with the Champions Bowl with the SEC?

I haven't been keeping track since football actually started getting close.

HolyHandgernade 09-12-2012 09:25 AM

I'm glad we didn't bend over for ND. That deal really worked out well for the Big East, didn't it?

I imagine the new exit penalty doesn't go into effect immediately. This is going to allow schools that want out, to get out within a certain window. I think the sqeeze is actually on the SEC more than the B12 at this point. The SEC wantsto expand their market and restructure their deal. They wanted into the Virginia and North Carolina markets. Most guesses were they want the B12 to take from the ACC first.

The B12 is comfortable at 10, they have a contract that allows them to expand without loss in payout if they want. 10 is a comfortable number, 14 sucks. The B1G hasn't given any inkling of wanting to expand and the PAC has a voting block against it due to California access.

So, if any ACC teams are going to bolt, my guess is that it will be the SEC trying to push it to happen. If it does, then others may bolt too. If not, looks like we're set for at least another decade.

Infidel Goat 09-12-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8903741)

I imagine the new exit penalty doesn't go into effect immediately. This is going to allow schools that want out, to get out within a certain window.

Why do you imagine this?

The university presidents already approved it. The ACC outmaneuvered people. Their teams are staying.

And they get bonus points for not having their news leak. It was the same with with the UConn/Pitt additions. I just woke up one Sunday morning and it was done. Same thing here.

ArrowheadMagic 09-12-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

I'm glad we didn't bend over for ND. That deal really worked out well for the Big East, didn't it?

I imagine the new exit penalty doesn't go into effect immediately. This is going to allow schools that want out, to get out within a certain window. I think the sqeeze is actually on the SEC more than the B12 at this point. The SEC wantsto expand their market and restructure their deal. They wanted into the Virginia and North Carolina markets. Most guesses were they want the B12 to take from the ACC first.

The B12 is comfortable at 10, they have a contract that allows them to expand without loss in payout if they want. 10 is a comfortable number, 14 sucks. The B1G hasn't given any inkling of wanting to expand and the PAC has a voting block against it due to California access.

So, if any ACC teams are going to bolt, my guess is that it will be the SEC trying to push it to happen. If it does, then others may bolt too. If not, looks like we're set for at least another decade.

Yeah, not sure what non bcs bowl will pick any ACC team over ND. After 3 yrs of ND taking ACC bowls away from them, will see how happy they are about it.

Rustshack. there is nothing about the Big XII needing a CCG in the bowl game with the SEC.

Infidel Goat 09-12-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 8903770)
Yeah, not sure what non bcs bowl will pick any ACC team over ND. After 3 yrs of ND taking ACC bowls away from them, will see how happy they are about it.

I think that most people think that ND will help the ACC in future renegotiating of their non bcs bowl games. If they get a better list of games (or even just one additional one) because ND is in their conference, then nobody is going to be complaining...

Codered 09-12-2012 09:46 AM

My how opinions around here has changed so fast. Go back and read some of the ND to the Big 12 posts. Now that they picked the ACC over the Big 12 it's no big deal.

ArrowheadMagic 09-12-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat (Post 8903778)
I think that most people think that ND will help the ACC in future renegotiating of their non bcs bowl games. If they get a better list of games (or even just one additional one) because ND is in their conference, then nobody is going to be complaining...

IF and only IF ND plays the 5 games they are supposed to. But they didnt live up to that in the Big East. Rumors are not everyone has signed off on it. And that Pitt and Syracuse were allowed to vote even though they havent officially joined as members.

ND as a full member would be another story. This deal is good for ND only.

ArrowheadMagic 09-12-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 8903808)
My how opinions around here has changed so fast. Go back and read some of the ND to the Big 12 posts. Now that they picked the ACC over the Big 12 it's no big deal.

I was for ND if they were all in. How could anyone not be? Not like this though.

Infidel Goat 09-12-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 8903812)
This deal is good for ND only.

The key to me is the $50M+ exit fee. If one reads through this thread, I don't see how anyone can say this deal (with the exit fee) isn't huge for the ACC. And please don't say that they could have raised the exit fee this much without ND on board. It wouldn't have happened.

ND is already playing four ACC schools (if you include Pitt) this year anyway, so I don't think they'll have any problem going to five schools when Syracuse and Pitt join the ACC.

Pitt Gorilla 09-12-2012 10:20 AM

Why do conferences need exit fees?

Infidel Goat 09-12-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 8903812)
Rumors are not everyone has signed off on it.

I'm listening to theACC.com. Pre-presser coverage indicates that the vote was unanimous.

Bambi 09-12-2012 10:47 AM

Notre Dame without football?

No thanks

Infidel Goat 09-12-2012 11:12 AM

From presser:

Exit fee is immediate and it does include Notre Dame.

No intention to add 16th team.

(My thought: unless Notre Dame joins as full member in football.)

|Zach| 09-12-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

You are so bad at this stuff.

Infidel Goat 09-12-2012 11:18 AM

Also from presser:

3 ACC home games
2 Notre Dame home games

ACC keeps revenue from the three ACC games.

Sounds like it will allow renegotiation for enhancement of ESPN deal per the initial bargain.

Edit: I think that I misheard the detail about 3 ACC games/2 Notre Dame games; it sounds like the home/away number will rotate by year. Not 100% positive. Regardless, they can renegotiate with ESPN.

eazyb81 09-12-2012 11:22 AM

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ACC just teabagged the Big 12 and Deloss Dodds.

eazyb81 09-12-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8904060)

His consistency at being completely wrong is impressive.

qabbaan 09-12-2012 11:29 AM

Commence sour graping

Bambi 09-12-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infidel Goat (Post 8904071)
Also from presser:

3 ACC home games
2 Notre Dame home games

ACC keeps revenue from the three ACC games.

Sounds like it will allow renegotiation for enhancement of ESPN deal per the initial bargain.

Good for them. Terrible contract for the ACC compared to the other conferences.

ArrowheadHawk 09-12-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8904078)
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ACC just teabagged the Big 12 and Deloss Dodds.

How, Big 12 is fine with 10. If they want to go to 12 they can look at Louisville and someone else. The Big East is the big loser in this mess. I think that conference is done.

eazyb81 09-12-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8904301)
How, Big 12 is fine with 10. If they want to go to 12 they can look at Louisville and someone else. The Big East is the big loser in this mess. I think that conference is done.

The Big 12 has been publicly courting Notre Dame for months and were completely taken by surprise by this news.

Sure you can add Louisville and some other scrub, just like you can add UTEP, North Texas, or Utah State. Those are very unattractive additions though, which is the point.

Not only does the Big 12 lose out on Notre Dame, they also lose out on FSU and Clemson with the ACC's new $50MM buyout.

The Big 12 is the big loser today.

Dr. Gigglepants 09-12-2012 12:24 PM

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/no...s-what-now.php

Clay Travis with a fairly bold prediction of yearly per school revenue once the SEC network gets rolling.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi 09-12-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8904339)
The Big 12 has been publicly courting Notre Dame for months and were completely taken by surprise by this news.

Sure you can add Louisville and some other scrub, just like you can add UTEP, North Texas, or Utah State. Those are very unattractive additions though, which is the point.

Not only does the Big 12 lose out on Notre Dame, they also lose out on FSU and Clemson with the ACC's new $50MM buyout.

The Big 12 is the big loser today.

lol, you're so cute

FSU and Clemson wanted in the Big12... Not the other way around

Bambi 09-12-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8904365)
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/no...s-what-now.php

Clay Travis with a fairly bold prediction of yearly per school revenue once the SEC network gets rolling.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not nearly enough TV markets for that kind of money.

Clay Travis is downright silly nowadays.

Bambi 09-12-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8904301)

The networks have told the Big 12 that Notre Dame is the only school that will add "per school" value to their media deals.

The Big 12 could add 2,4, etc schools to their conference and all keep the same payout but there really isn't any reason to do it. They're choosing not having the extra $$ of a conference championship game because the desire to place teams in the NC playoffs is going to be huge.

If for some reason a championship game becomes some kind of requirement for playoff entry in the future the Big 12 will simply snatch up the two most qualified programs.

Until that happens they'll stay at 10.

Dr. Gigglepants 09-12-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8904399)
Not nearly enough TV markets for that kind of money.

Clay Travis is downright silly nowadays.

Mizzou will never be on CBS either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi 09-12-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8904424)
Mizzou will never be on CBS either.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think Missouri is going to be on CBS against South Carolina. At least I saw that on Twitter.

Now CBS won't pay any extra for MU in the conference but they never said they won't ever air them.

mnchiefsguy 09-12-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8904561)
I think Missouri is going to be on CBS against South Carolina. At least I saw that on Twitter.

Now CBS won't pay any extra for MU in the conference but they never said they won't ever air them.

Ah yes...welcome back Hyprocritson. You backtrack with the best of them.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2012 01:30 PM

Wait, WHAT?

Pitt Gorilla 09-12-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8904390)
lol, you're so cute

FSU and Clemson wanted in the Big12... Not the other way around

Pretty sure we were told (on here) that ND, FSU, and Clemson were all coming to the "Big" "12" at some point in time (likely in this thread). Many on here appeared to want ND and FSU pretty badly.

Garcia Bronco 09-12-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8904708)
Pretty sure we were told (on here) that ND, FSU, and Clemson were all coming to the "Big" "12" at some point in time (likely in this thread). Many on here appeared to want ND and FSU pretty badly.

Clemson and FSU have never even considered leaving the ACC.

qabbaan 09-12-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8904792)
Clemson and FSU have never even considered leaving the ACC.

Don't tell that to earlier in this thread...

qabbaan 09-12-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8612355)
West Virginia and TCU are obvious upgrades over Mizzou and A&M.

The real question is whether or not FSU is an upgrade over Nebraska.

Historically? Probably not...but moving forward FSU is a superior program.

If the Big 12 pulls this off it would be incredible. I am on the record saying the FSU wants to stay in their own league but there's too much talk at this point to not think it's going to happen.

This is a funny one

ghak99 09-12-2012 03:31 PM

The statement Wickedumb made about CBS laughing out loud at the notion of ever airing a Mizzou game is even better.

Bambi 09-12-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 8904863)
The statement Wickedumb made about CBS laughing out loud at the notion of ever airing a Mizzou game is even better.

Don't kill the messenger.

The network has balked at paying any type of significant increase, sources say, arguing that the addition of Missouri and Texas A&M does not change its deal.

CBS’s deal with the SEC, negotiated in 2008, pays an average of $55 million a year to the SEC over 15 years. A prorated increase would take the value of that deal up to $65 million a year. The SEC could generate additional revenue by adding more years on the end of the contract.

CBS still will carry the same number of football games each season as part of its package, and network executives are arguing that schools such as Alabama, Florida and LSU—not Missouri and Texas A&M—drive the value of the conference. Without additional inventory, CBS’s stance has been that it shouldn’t pay more solely because the conference added two new schools.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...-cable-channel

HolyHandgernade 09-12-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8904060)

Yes, because that was such a horrible guess. My reasoning was that because they allowed non-member schools to vote (Syracuse and Pitt), it wouldn't be effective until those schools were actual members. My position still, would be, that if anyone wanted out, they could challenge the legality of that penalty.

From what I've heard, the vote to add ND was unanimous, the additional exit penalties were not, but the majority carried the vote because the allowed Syracuse and Pitt to vote.

Saul Good 09-12-2012 07:35 PM

The Big XII is better off without Notre Dame as a partial member.

I think that the realignment situation is going to slow way down, but I don't think it's all over quite yet. I've heard rumblings that Villanova might head to the ACC. The earth-shattering movements appear to be done for now, but there's still a little dust left to settle. Of course I still believe that Texas has a wandering eye.

Saul Good 09-12-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8904414)
The Big 12 could add 2,4, etc schools to their conference and all keep the same payout but there really isn't any reason to do it. They're choosing not having the extra $$ of a conference championship game because the desire to place teams in the NC playoffs is going to be huge.

Who is "they"? Do you really think that teams like Kansas, Texas Tech, Iowa State, etc, wouldn't rather have an extra $1,000,000 per year? The CCG wouldn't be keeping them out of a title shot.

Bambi 09-12-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Wickedson (Post 8905444)
The Big XII is better off without Notre Dame as a partial member.

I think that the realignment situation is going to slow way down, but I don't think it's all over quite yet. I've heard rumblings that Villanova might head to the ACC. The earth-shattering movements appear to be done for now, but there's still a little dust left to settle. Of course I still believe that Texas has a wandering eye.

What has been "earth-shattering"?

Now more teams have a chance at winning a BCS title (Utah, SDSU, TCU, etc)

Other then that what has changed?

Bambi 09-12-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Wickedson (Post 8905460)
Who is "they"? Do you really think that teams like Kansas, Texas Tech, Iowa State, etc, wouldn't rather have an extra $1,000,000 per year? The CCG wouldn't be keeping them out of a title shot.

Those three teams, like all the other Big 12 teams, would gladly trade $1 million for an easier road to the BCS Title Game. That isn't that much $$ nowadays.

Saul Good 09-12-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8905515)
Those three teams, like all the other Big 12 teams, would gladly trade $1 million for an easier road to the BCS Title Game. That isn't that much $$ nowadays.

Bullshit. None of them have ever played in a conference championship game. That $1,000,000 is just free money to them.

Bambi 09-12-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Wickedson (Post 8905534)
Bullshit. None of them have ever played in a conference championship game. That $1,000,000 is just free money to them.

I'm not sure what you mean? Just because something hasn't been done before that means you make it harder on yourself to accomplish that goal?

Saul Good 09-12-2012 08:10 PM

I think another $1,000,000 would make it easier to accomplish the goal for the have-nots like Kansas. For Texas and Oklahoma, they'd rather have the easier road.

Sassy Squatch 09-12-2012 08:12 PM

What he means is that generally those teams are average/bad, therefore a conference championship game wouldnt make it any harder for them to get to a NCG because they usually arent getting there anyway. Therefore the addition of a conference championship game would just make their wallets fatter.

RustShack 09-13-2012 11:19 AM

A lot of people here did want ND, but not as a partial member like they are in the ACC.

Codered 09-13-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8906554)
A lot of people here did want ND, but not as a partial member like they are in the ACC.

I think it was pretty obvious that Notre Dame wasn't shopping around to become a full fledge member ... that was wishful thinking.

Saul Good 09-13-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 8906570)
I think it was pretty obvious that Notre Dame wasn't shopping around to become a full fledge member ... that was wishful thinking.

The Big 12 doesn't make any sense for Notre Dame, anyway. The question now becomes whether or not Texas wants to do the same thing. The ACC has shown that they will let a monster come in for basketball only while keeping tier 1 revenue. Now, they seem to have a seat to fill as well.

mnchiefsguy 09-13-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Wickedson (Post 8906585)
The Big 12 doesn't make any sense for Notre Dame, anyway. The question now becomes whether or not Texas wants to do the same thing. The ACC has shown that they will let a monster come in for basketball only while keeping tier 1 revenue. Now, they seem to have a seat to fill as well.

The question is whether Texas could get out of the granting of the rights. How ironclad is the most recent granting of rights for the Big XII? It has been signed and approved, right?

kepp 09-13-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8906592)
The question is whether Texas could get out of the granting of the rights. How ironclad is the most recent granting of rights for the Big XII? It has been signed and approved, right?

I have trouble seeing texas entering into something like that without having an exit strategy in mind.

Bambi 09-13-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Wickedson (Post 8905553)
I think another $1,000,000 would make it easier to accomplish the goal for the have-nots like Kansas. For Texas and Oklahoma, they'd rather have the easier road.

The Kansas athletic department budget is in the top half of the conference, 4th I believe. Not sure how that makes them a "have not".

Like I said. A million dollars to KU isn't worth a tougher road to the NC.

mnchiefsguy 09-13-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8906820)
The Kansas athletic department budget is in the top half of the conference, 4th I believe. Not sure how that makes them a "have not".

Like I said. A million dollars to KU isn't worth a tougher road to the NC.

KU would actually have to find the road first.

qabbaan 09-13-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8907003)
KU would actually have to find the road first.

They should bring back the football program, they had a good year that one time out of the last 50 or whatever. Might sell some t-shirts.

HolyHandgernade 09-16-2012 03:38 PM

At least we've had legitimate reasons to celebrate.

Saul Good 09-18-2012 01:13 PM

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jou...edia/SEC.aspx?

Here's an update on the progress of an SEC network...pretty interesting.

Saul Good 09-20-2012 02:09 PM

http://m.outkickthecoverage.com/us-n...onferences.php

HemiEd 09-22-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Badguy (Post 8499089)
8-5

How is this looking now?

HemiEd 09-22-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Badguy (Post 8499317)
I know you aren't this stupid. We aren't at our traditional floor. We have established a new floor that is higher than our old one. Hell, it's higher than KU's ceiling.

7 wins next year would be a disappointment for Mizzou or a cause for celebration for KU.

I'd rather have an 8 win season be my floor than my ceiling.

How about this floor?

HemiEd 09-22-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Badguy (Post 8499392)
8 wins has become a down year for Mizzou. I understand that Kansas football fans might not understand the concept of a "floor" since your team has been in a free-fall for years, so I apologize for confusing you.

8 wins is a pretty good season for a lot of teams. It's a disappointing rebuilding year for Mizzou after unexpectedly having underclassmen at DE and QB leave early for the draft and go top 10.

That's a good problem for a program to have, but it. Made for a down year. That said, I'm much rather have a team where 8 wins is a disappointment than one where 6 wins gets your coach a statue.

How is it looking for 6 wins?

DeezNutz 09-22-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8935631)
How about this floor?

Really? After Rice and Northern Illinois?

Mizzou looked like complete ****ing shit today. Terrible. But it was a top-10 opponent on the road. Doesn't change the fact that the Tigers were abysmal, but this isn't a mid-major.

qabbaan 09-22-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8935638)
How is it looking for 6 wins?

How's it feel to lose to a MAC team?

Pitt Gorilla 09-22-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8935640)

Mizzou looked like complete ****ing shit today. Terrible. But it was a top-10 opponent on the road. Doesn't change the fact that the Tigers were abysmal, but this isn't a mid-major.

Mizzou has two losses against two top-10 teams. I guess I'm not surprised at our record.

HemiEd 09-22-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Badguy (Post 8499549)
"Bottom feeders"? Is that what they're calling last place in the Big XII, now?

Do they have a name for the cellar in the SEC?

DeezNutz 09-22-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8935649)
Mizzou has two losses against two top-10 teams. I guess I'm not surprised at our record.

Me either, though I expected the team to show better today than they did.

kchero 09-22-2012 04:49 PM

Comical to see a fan of a football team that cannot even win against mid-majors try and talk smack to a team that loses on the road to a top 10 team and who plays in the most difficult football conference in the country.
Try finding some new material, or better yet, start paying attention to your own team instead of finding your "victories" in the losses of an opponent that you supposedly do not care about anymore.

HemiEd 09-22-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8935640)

These quotes were for Saul Good, actually I feel for you guys, other than him.

He is the guy that said you guys would go to a bowl this year.
Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8935647)

K-State has not lost yet, it would be really nice if they get past OU tonight.

sedated 09-22-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8935647)

We are pretty used to it, actually. Feels like just another Saturday.

HemiEd 09-22-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 8935659)
Comical to see a fan of a football team that cannot even win against mid-majors try and talk smack to a team that loses on the road to a top 10 team and who plays in the most difficult football conference in the country.
Try finding some new material, or better yet, start paying attention to your own team instead of finding your "victories" in the losses of an opponent that you supposedly do not care about anymore.

Let me go through this one more time. WSU, K-State, and KU, all things Kansas. I have been that way forever.

This was for Mr. Saul Good, not for the rest of you guys. He made some claims during the realignment that I feel obligated to bring up.

|Zach| 09-22-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8935666)

Apathy sucks. Hahaha.

|Zach| 09-22-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8935650)

Whatever that name may be Missouri won't be there when it is all said and done.

kcpasco 09-22-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8935650)

No we will beat Kentucky. So no cellar.

qabbaan 09-22-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 8935659)

Obviously, Mizzou hoped to look better today, but it was an unranked team in a road game against a top ten team. And they looked pretty good for three quarters against Georgia. It's been a mixed bag so far against the top teams.

This is just our first walk through here. The team will get better, there will be many better years than our year as freshmen in this conference, and we're still better off for the long term in the SEC.

Old Dog 09-22-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8935660)
He is the guy that said you guys would go to a bowl this year.

They will go to a bowl.
That's one of the reasons the SEC only plays eight conference games. It allows lesser teams* to schedule four non-con wins to ensure easier bowl eligibility.

*Wasn't saying Mizzou is a lesser team, just that teams CAN schedule cupcakes if they were in order to get an easier road toward a bowl game.

qabbaan 09-22-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8935666)

Now I feel guilty. :shake: Sorry bout that.

|Zach| 09-22-2012 04:58 PM

Anti fans of garbage teams that don't belong in the BCS football will be ghosts as the season progresses.

tk13 09-22-2012 04:59 PM

I get the SEC fans cracking jokes, but I don't get the Big 12 fans and people I see on twitter, etc. cracking jokes. It flies in the face of all the Big 12 fans that have spent a half decade scoffing at the idea the SEC is tougher. Mizzou has gotten their face pushed in so far.

qabbaan 09-22-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8935680)
Anit fans of garbage teams that don't belong in the BCS football will be ghosts as the season progresses.

Eh, I'm guessing trolling after losses won't decrease that much

qabbaan 09-22-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8935682)
I get the SEC fans cracking jokes, but I don't get the Big 12 fans and people I see on twitter, etc. cracking jokes. It flies in the face of all the Big 12 fans that have spent a half decade scoffing at the idea the SEC is tougher.

That's true. To see a top third big 12 team getting punched in the mouth in the SEC doesn't do much to dispel the idea that the Big 12 measures up to the standard of play there

Old Dog 09-22-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8935686)
That's true. To see a top third big 12 team getting punched in the mouth in the SEC doesn't do much to dispel the idea that the Big 12 measures up to the standard of play there

SO now that you're getting your shit pushed in you want to represent the Big XII? Get the **** out of here with that shit

That's not for anyone but qabbaan....****ing idiot

Bearcat 09-22-2012 05:06 PM

For all the stupid shit Saul says, it's not like 8 wins is a huge stretch.... UCF, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Syracuse would put them at 6, which leaves Tennessee, A&M, and Alabama.

|Zach| 09-22-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8935689)
SO now that you're getting your shit pushed in you want to represent the Big XII? Get the **** out of here with that shit

That's not for anyone but qabbaan....****ing idiot

You guys are projecting a few losses on to the rest of the season. That is some knee jerk reactionary shit right there.