ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

Mr. Plow 12-17-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6355285)
I'm thinking about going back to TDM and giving that a go. If I blow at that (which is likely) I will be playing L4D2 for a long while.

Wait until the patch comes out to go back to regular or you'll get more frustrated.

Kraus 12-17-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6355283)
:)

True. I did fine until they started coming 2 at a time....or 2 more would come before I finished with 1. So I gave up and went this route.

My buddy and I found how to lure them into an alleyway... sort of a killzone. He would lure them in and I would take them out. I got pretty good at getting headshots with the thumper too. OSOK with that.

Ceej 12-17-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6355289)
Wait until the patch comes out to go back to regular or you'll get more frustrated.

Very unlikely. I kind of get the feeling I'll get frustrated regardless of any new patches.

Sofa King 12-17-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6355193)
The Juggernauts in the Favela.....

Kind of a cheat. Do it with 2 people. Right as you spawn, go to the building on your right all the way up against the back wall. It's a bigger room - has a chair, table, couple of windows, and only 1 door for them to come through.

One person lay down in front of the door. This prevents them from getting into the building. Second person hides behind the chair towards the back of the room - this prevents you from getting shot.

As they come, the person by the door essentially lets the juggernauts down him and then he blocks the door so they can't get it. The other person just shoots over the top of the chair through door until they are dead.

Once they are clear, you run out and get the guy by the door up and start again.

sweet... my roommate and i found this out by accident.. that's pretty much what we did to win it...

i stood at some stairs( not sure if it's the same level) and he would knock me down, then i would block the door, and my buddy would pick him off..

the ones with the 15 juggernauts or whatever was far easier..

he would post up deep with the sniper, or a good assault rifle, and i go pick a fight... i would run WAY back to wherever my roommate was, and he would pick them off as they followed me... pretty simple tactic..

Mr. Plow 12-17-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6355298)
Very unlikely. I kind of get the feeling I'll get frustrated regardless of any new patches.

I get what you're saying. But those damn exploits are why I started into hardcore. While you do still see them, you don't see them nearly as often in hardcore.

Buck 12-17-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 6354112)
PS3.

Lets play. Whats your PSN ID?

Pants 12-17-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 6355305)
sweet... my roommate and i found this out by accident.. that's pretty much what we did to win it...

i stood at some stairs( not sure if it's the same level) and he would knock me down, then i would block the door, and my buddy would pick him off..

the ones with the 15 juggernauts or whatever was far easier..

he would post up deep with the sniper, or a good assault rifle, and i go pick a fight... i would run WAY back to wherever my roommate was, and he would pick them off as they followed me... pretty simple tactic..

Yeah, the one in Favela, all you have are thumpers, RPGs and claymores, IIRC.

wild1 12-18-2009 01:08 PM

Are the fixes in yet?

Buck 12-18-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6357532)
Are the fixes in yet?

I'd like to know this too. I've been avoiding this game like the Plague until its fixed.

wild1 12-18-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6357537)
I'd like to know this too. I've been avoiding this game like the Plague until its fixed.

I don't know how the matching works. It would be cool if it matched players on teams accordingly so teams were more balanced. But anyway, as I gain levels I have noticed that many, many people are shotgun cheesers and many of those people are really high level. I wonder if the woefully unbalanced shotguns aren't the reason why they have accumulated so many levels.

MVChiefFan 12-18-2009 01:22 PM

We played last night and had a hell of a time getting matched up and everyone was getting thrown out left and right.

Kraus 12-18-2009 01:34 PM

I played last night with Metrolike and we didn't have any problems. I haven't ran into an unlimited ammo/no reloads match yet, or been drawn into one of the private match FFA games.

I've mostly been playing HCTDM and Merc. TDM.

I think the forums make it sound worse than it is.

Pants 12-18-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6357602)
I played last night with Metrolike and we didn't have any problems. I haven't ran into an unlimited ammo/no reloads match yet, or been drawn into one of the private match FFA games.

Yeah, it's not as prevalent as they make it sound, but it's there. I've been thrown into an FFA match maybe like 6 times total and had the infinite ammo glitch maybe 4 times. Infinite ammo wouldn't be a big issue if idiot kids stopped nubtube spamming. They're easy to avoid though, just leave as soon as you join.

And the fixes weren't in as of last night. 1887 are still easymode and I did get thrown into an FFA match once last night.

AndChiefs 12-18-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6357602)

I've been in several private match games. I've also had many group connection problems.

Shag 12-18-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6357549)
I don't know how the matching works. It would be cool if it matched players on teams accordingly so teams were more balanced. But anyway, as I gain levels I have noticed that many, many people are shotgun cheesers and many of those people are really high level. I wonder if the woefully unbalanced shotguns aren't the reason why they have accumulated so many levels.

You don't get the 1887s until level 67...