ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Cephalic Trauma 01-16-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9323321)

ROFL

I am really just trolling SNR at this point.

RunKC 01-16-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9323321)

Just because he likes another QB doesn't mean you should destroy him Sac. To the contrary, not everybody is a Geno enthusiast and Glennon is being mocked as a top 10 QB and will probably be in the running as he's being compared to Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

Saying Glennon sucks is like saying Geno is going to be amazing. Nobody knows.

Cephalic Trauma 01-16-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9323233)
Can we get your latest musical composition made entirely of bowel sounds and awkward rape noises in the OP by chance?

I firmly believe SNR is not currently posting because he is hard at work to fulfill my request.

Be prepared to be pleasantly surprised, Geno (and SNR!!!) fans!

;)

BossChief 01-16-2013 01:13 AM

Glennon has concrete in his shoes and everything breaks down under pressure.

That and he is half ostrich.

Do not want.

BossChief 01-16-2013 01:13 AM

Glennon has concrete in his shoes and everything breaks down under pressure.

That and he is half ostrich.

Do not want.

Tribal Warfare 01-16-2013 01:15 AM

Geno or any other QB has the benefit of Green Bay drafting Rodgers at 24th pick , because the current FO knows the template in what to look for in a franchise QB. If they think Geno has similar or the exact qualities that Rodgers has then he'll be the #1 overall pick.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9323329)
Just because he likes another QB doesn't mean you should destroy him Sac. To the contrary, not everybody is a Geno enthusiast and Glennon is being mocked as a top 10 QB and will probably be in the running as he's being compared to Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

While it might be difficult to understand, this is a "Geno Smith Fans Roll Call" Thread.

And I know Geno is going to be amazing. I'm just sitting here with an itchy trigger finger waiting to push the "purchase" button on the NFL Shop site for my new authentic #12 Geno Smith Chiefs jersey as soon as he's signed a month before the draft.

And just to let you know, in my first mock of the year (very early), I had Glennon as our fourth round option. I don't hate the guy and think he has some tools, but when you are talking first round for a guy who has questionable accuracy and decision making, that's a big freaking step. A fourth round project - yes. Top ten? That's freaking nuts just because he's got a big arm and is 6'6".

CaliforniaChief 01-16-2013 01:32 AM

With the new CBA, I doubt that the Chiefs would sign Geno or any first round pick a month before the draft. Signability just isn't a concern anymore. Even if they love someone, they're going to field any and all calls from desperate suitors willing to sell the farm for that pick.

I still think they'll pick Geno, I just don't see it getting locked up early.

Fairplay 01-16-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9323356)
With the new CBA, I doubt that the Chiefs would sign Geno or any first round pick a month before the draft. Signability just isn't a concern anymore. Even if they love someone, they're going to field any and all calls from desperate suitors willing to sell the farm for that pick.

I still think they'll pick Geno, I just don't see it getting locked up early.

I agree. They are holding the best hand why show it? Might as well consider all the options and entertain any offers. Even if it means waiting until the first round pick with minutes to go.

My guess Geno is a 50 percent chance of getting picked but to many variables to consider IMO.

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 07:49 AM

So this is disconcerting...

My buddy lives down the street from Brandon Albert in Lee's Summit. Albert's house has a For Sale sign out front (to be fair, it has been there since before the season ended and before Pioli was fired).

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9323329)

start a glennon thread....then you can post all your 'research' on him

[youtube search box] "glenmo...glemno..glennon"

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 07:56 AM

brooks was on 810

laid it out that you have to draft a QB if you have a chance, most come from the 1st round etc...no equivocating...nice to hear

then he explained his choice of Smith at #1

everyone agreed...a small moment of sanity on KC radio

-King- 01-16-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9323511)
So this is disconcerting...

My buddy lives down the street from Brandon Albert in Lee's Summit. Albert's house has a For Sale sign out front (to be fair, it has been there since before the season ended and before Pioli was fired).

Eh. Not a big deal. He's going to get a raise of millions of dollars per year. He probably wouldn't stay at that house even if he re-signed with us.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 01-16-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9323521)
brooks was on 810

laid it out that you have to draft a QB if you have a chance, most come from the 1st round etc...no equivocating...nice to hear

then he explained his choice of Smith at #1

everyone agreed...a small moment of sanity on KC radio

Gil Brandt coming on 610 to discuss why so many people are projecting Joekel to us.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rambozo 01-16-2013 08:03 AM

I like Geno alright but, I think he should have gone to the senior bowl. People argue he didn't have much to work with at West Virginia and he would have there. I think it will hurt his stock.