ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Killer apps for Android? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237705)

WoodDraw 03-12-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9488015)
So, if I'm on a cross country plan flight with no internet connection, what is my best option for viewing films on my tablet?

Google play?

DaveNull 03-12-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9488015)
So, if I'm on a cross country plan flight with no internet connection, what is my best option for viewing films on my tablet?

Plane ahead and put some on an SD card.

MoreLemonPledge 03-12-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 9490145)
Plane ahead and put some on an SD card.

Slow clap

chasedude 03-14-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9475803)
So, I'm probably way behind the curve here, but this app is the greatest thing ever if you have a HTPC.

Unified Remote

I just discovered this recently, awesome app.

AussieChiefsFan 03-14-2013 12:41 AM

Timeriffic is a great App. e.g. You can set it so that at certain times of the day the brightness will go up/down. etc

Quote:

Control mute, vibrate, brightness, wifi and airplane on/off custom to your schedule.
Create your own profiles, by time and day
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ltZXJpZmZpYyJd

DJ's left nut 03-14-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9367057)
Yeah, that's why I figured it was a Q. I just didn't want to go back through such a massive thread. I probably could have done a search but I hate using it and inducing server indigestion.

I can say this - it's COMPLETELY changed my experience with taking pics of my fish. Photographing fish, inside a glass cube filled with water, is one of the most difficult and frustrating things I've ever done. It's now a snap.

What kind of tank? I have a reef at home and just re-set my 90 gal cichlid tank at work after leaving it empty for a year or so.

Fun but irritating at the same time.

jeff h 03-29-2013 07:42 AM

The app store has Tasker on sale for $1.99. I picked it up last night based on good reviews from this thread.

Great Expectations 07-23-2013 01:05 PM

I've downloaded a few graphic comic torrents on my phone. Anyone know an app that can view them? The regular comic reader apps aren't working.

Anyong Bluth 07-23-2013 02:11 PM

Anyone looking for a cool app to have quick completely unobtrusive access to your favorite apps, tools, or settings - pretty much anything can be designated check out Pie Control. I liked it so much I sprung for Pie Pro.

You can designate 24 quick action buttons that remain hidden until you slide along the edge of the screen - which you can pick any side or sides as hot zones and even manipulate how large the hot zone is and sensitivity so you won't constantly be pulling it up unless intended.

Really like it!

MoreLemonPledge 07-23-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9829446)
I've downloaded a few graphic comic torrents on my phone. Anyone know an app that can view them? The regular comic reader apps aren't working.

Not sure if you've tried it yet or not, but I've always used ACV (A Comic Viewer). I've had no problems viewing .cbr files with it.

Setsuna 07-23-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9475803)
So, I'm probably way behind the curve here, but this app is the greatest thing ever if you have a HTPC.

Unified Remote

Is this considered tethering or not because I have Straight Talk.

DaFace 07-23-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9829780)

I think you may be misunderstanding its purpose. Unified Remote is a multi-purpose remote control for a Windows computer - presumably a computer used for media playback that is connected to a TV (so a standard mouse and keyboard are inconvenient). You can use it to do things like:
  • Use your phone's screen like a laptop touchpad for mouse movements
  • Use your phone's built-in keyboard to type on your computer
  • Control a plethora of media players with one-button play, stop, pause, etc. on your phone
  • Custom controls for specific apps like Spotify, iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, etc.

DaveNull 07-23-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9829780)

Tethering is when you turn your phone into a wireless access point to use with other devices.

Buns 07-23-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9829446)

I think I've used acv in the past, but it wouldn't open some files. Might have been a different reader though. Perfect Viewer has been way better.

aturnis 07-23-2013 07:21 PM

I used Moon reader. Dunno if we had the same format though.