ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

BWillie 07-01-2022 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 16354910)
The news here is that the Big Ten is waiting on a response from ND. Its going to happen.

ND has always been a fit in the Big 10. Cant be independent forever especially in these times.

Kiimo 07-01-2022 01:05 PM

ND has zero reason to join the Big 10 and the Big 10 has diminishing reasons to want them. I actually disagree and don't think it's going to happen.

Prison Bitch 07-01-2022 01:42 PM

Wonder what Phil Knight is planning. Dude is obv a major player in the sports industry and he committed so much $ to Oregon sports. Now they’re left in the cold due to TV.

Wonder if he could take the 10 remaining PAC, dump Wsu Osu, and pick up 4 Big 12 teams he likes (let’s suppose Kan-BYU-Tech-Okie) and beg Amazon or Apple or someone to pay the tv freight. Apple obv has a vested interest keeping the Bay Area teams viable

BryanBusby 07-01-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16354940)
ND has zero reason to join the Big 10 and the Big 10 has diminishing reasons to want them. I actually disagree and don't think it's going to happen.

That's dumb. Notre Dame is a valuable brand and would be a great addition for any conference.

What's in it for Notre Dame? Money.

RustShack 07-01-2022 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16354982)
Wonder what Phil Knight is planning. Dude is obv a major player in the sports industry and he committed so much $ to Oregon sports. Now they’re left in the cold due to TV.

Wonder if he could take the 10 remaining PAC, dump Wsu Osu, and pick up 4 Big 12 teams he likes (let’s suppose Kan-BYU-Tech-Okie) and beg Amazon or Apple or someone to pay the tv freight. Apple obv has a vested interest keeping the Bay Area teams viable

No one is going from the Big12 to the PAC. It’s known Oregon and Washington want to go to the B1G and if ND decides to go then they bail on the PAC.

It’s more likely the Arizonas are the first to join the Big12, then the others have to scramble to get back to 10+ teams or also try to join another conference.

Sassy Squatch 07-01-2022 02:00 PM

I mean, there's literally no reason why the BIG 10 wouldn't want them and a ton of reasons why they would.

Prison Bitch 07-01-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 16355004)
No one is going from the Big12 to the PAC. It’s known Oregon and Washington want to go to the B1G and if ND decides to go then they bail on the PAC.

It’s more likely the Arizonas are the first to join the Big12, then the others have to scramble to get back to 10+ teams or also try to join another conference.

Those schools want nothing to do with flyover country

RustShack 07-01-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16355008)

They’ve been interested in the Big12 for years. Plus, it’s going to cost a lot more for a Big12 school to leave than it would for a PAC school.

FloridaMan88 07-01-2022 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16355008)

It’s better than their alternative option of staying in a dying Pac 12 conference.

The Big 12 is more viable now than the Pac 12.

ChiTown 07-01-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16354982)

I hate to break this to you, but the PAC is dead. Oregon, Stanford and U-Dubb are headed out to the B1G, and the B12 (and their new Big-Balled Commish) will be aggressively pursuing UA, ASU, Utah and CU. The only teams that will be left will be the Beaves, WAZU and Cal (their Ath Dept is in horrific shape).

lawrenceRaider 07-01-2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16354867)
Any B1G school will be able to buy Bill Self and KU won't be able to match

Poor troll attempt. KU has billionaire donors.

Hoover 07-01-2022 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16354940)

ND makes 15M a year from its deal with NBC.

So the money is better in the BigTen. But their problem is scheduling. These super conferences are not going to be scheduling with anyone outside the conference. Those days are coming to an end. Once that gone ND doesn't have a pot to piss in.

Prison Bitch 07-01-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 16355055)
I hate to break this to you, but the PAC is dead. Oregon, Stanford and U-Dubb are headed out to the B1G, and the B12 (and their new Big-Balled Commish) will be aggressively pursuing UA, ASU, Utah and CU. The only teams that will be left will be the Beaves, WAZU and Cal (their Ath Dept is in horrific shape).

Why didn’t they do that yesterday then ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16355066)
Poor troll attempt. KU has billionaire donors.

Forbes said KU basketball has the same value as USC football ($325 M).

They just gave Riley a $100M context.

Chief Pagan 07-01-2022 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 16354397)
The only travel that’s problematic will be Basketball.

Obviously football is driving this, but I did just read an article that USC and UCLA have some very competitive non football, non basketball programs.

But any sport that has mid week games is going to suck.

If you love LA or your parents were alumni or whatever, fine.

But if I was an elite non football high school athlete, I would seriously consider any Big 10 school but LA just because the travel would be such a freaking drag.

Maybe if the Big 10 picks up some more west coast schools it wouldn't be as bad.

Kiimo 07-01-2022 03:48 PM

Remember on Mad Men when Jim Hobart spent a decade buying agencies, driving mergers, and wheeling and dealing at every turn just get Don Draper to work at McCann even though he was a worn out drunk with no business value?

Notre Dame is Don Draper