ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5187761)
I obviously disagree about the feelings of the movie but I have a couple things:

I think I missed your review. Did you dislike it or like it? I can't tell from this statement.

As far as the music, as I mentioned, that's a pet peeve of mine. I just didn't care for it at all. I'm extremely tired of the same old "Hans Zimmer" score (that includes all of his guys at Remote Control) and was excited to hear a blockbuster with someone other than one of his guys. But unfortunately (IMO), this wasn't even on the same level as one of his normal scores. I was completely underwhelmed by not only the composition but the music production. Blah. Actually, Yuck.

Again, that's just my thing. I know that 90% of the people that watch films (that does not include you) don't pay attention to the score at all.

Deberg_1990 11-04-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5187926)
I think I missed your review. Did you dislike it or like it? I can't tell from this statement.

As far as the music, as I mentioned, that's a pet peeve of mine. I just didn't care for it at all. I'm extremely tired of the same old "Hans Zimmer" score (that includes all of his guys at Remote Control) and was excited to hear a blockbuster with someone other than one of his guys. But unfortunately (IMO), this wasn't even on the same level as one of his normal scores. I was completely underwhelmed by not only the composition but the music production. Blah. Actually, Yuck.

Again, that's just my thing. I know that 90% of the people that watch films (that does not include you) don't pay attention to the score at all.

Didnt even realize Zimmer did the score? To me it was practically non existent.

I like most of his scores.

irishjayhawk 11-04-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5187926)

I liked Iron Man. I thought Favs did a wonderful job with the character. It has a nice balance to the dark take of Batman.

I agree about Hans Zimmer, though I really like James Newton Howard.

DJJasonp 11-04-2008 08:29 PM

I watched "Rocket Science" last night....a really nice film ('07 sundance winner).

Kind of like Juno...without any known actors...and no pregnancies.

Really liked it....well written, well acted....stayed away from obvious hollywood plot-lines or conclusions.

Highly recommend it for anyone looking for a good indie flick...

Hammock Parties 11-04-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5188314)
Didnt even realize Zimmer did the score? To me it was practically non existent.

I like most of his scores.

Zimmer didn't do it...it was some Indian guy. He might work for Zimmer, though.

luv 11-04-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niblet2008 (Post 5185608)
Kevin Smith sucks. Man that guy is a one trick pony

:spock:

luv 11-04-2008 08:51 PM

I've been watching HBO's First Look on The Changeling. Man, that's looks good.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2008 08:54 PM

This looks interesting.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MbRS_V-VsI8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MbRS_V-VsI8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wish Cruise would use a german accent, though. Reminds of Costner in Robin Hood.

luv 11-04-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5188467)
This looks interesting.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MbRS_V-VsI8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MbRS_V-VsI8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wish Cruise would use a german accent, though. Reminds of Costner in Robin Hood.

I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan.

Deberg_1990 11-04-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5188467)
This looks interesting.

To Me Valkyrie looks good, but the buzz on it isnt very good. Its been bumped around the release schedule like 3 times. It was supposed to come out back in June originally.

I also think Singer is hit or miss.

Hammock Parties 11-04-2008 09:01 PM

I'll see it just for the nazis. Nazis rule.

Delano 11-04-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 5188359)
I watched "Rocket Science" last night....a really nice film ('07 sundance winner).

Kind of like Juno...without any known actors...and no pregnancies.

Really liked it....well written, well acted....stayed away from obvious hollywood plot-lines or conclusions.

Highly recommend it for anyone looking for a good indie flick...

Loved that movie.

Buehler445 11-07-2008 11:42 PM

I broke out Kingdom of Heaven because I wanted to watch some mad passionate violence.

Damn I forgot ho bad of a movie that is.

irishjayhawk 11-07-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5199638)
I broke out Kingdom of Heaven because I wanted to watch some mad passionate violence.

Damn I forgot ho bad of a movie that is.

I thought it was horrible when I saw it too. But then I was told that the Directors cut is 1000000x better and that I needed to check that out. I'm still waiting to rent that.

Buehler445 11-07-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5199643)
I thought it was horrible when I saw it too. But then I was told that the Directors cut is 1000000x better and that I needed to check that out. I'm still waiting to rent that.

I'm not sure what the director's cut will fix about Orlando Bloom's god aweful acting job.

Maybe fix a couple holes in the plot, but Christ almighty, he was a bad fit for that role.

This movie needs to go away...GOD WILLS IT!