ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mizzou Basketball 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258449)

Stanley Nickels 12-28-2012 11:22 PM

Pretty impressed with this team, no matter what. UCLA has the talent to beat anybody, and with undisciplined teams, that usually doesn't manifest against the Cal Poly Slo's of the world, but can-and will- against highly ranked opponents. Oh well, live and learn. This is why college basketball is so great; this loss can help Mizzou quite a bit in the long run, but if it were football our NC hopes would be shot.

baitism 12-28-2012 11:22 PM

Way too many TOs. Sloppy as hell the last 10 minutes of that game.

GloryDayz 12-28-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9247522)
But only Kansas fans complain about the refs.

KU gets that call 100 times out of 100 and you know it... Or were you not watching?

ImAWalkingCorpse 12-28-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

KU never get's screwed like that. If that was some Jayhawk that got thrown to the ground he would have gotten the call.

Spott 12-28-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Shut up, Muron.

silver5liter 12-28-2012 11:24 PM

I saw flop pressey try to sell a flagrant

petegz28 12-28-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9247527)
KU gets that call 100 times out of 100 and you know it... Or were you not watching?

Shit, if that were KU and they didn't get that call Lawrence would be burning down right now.

Silock 12-28-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 9247528)
KU never get's screwed like that. If that was some Jayhawk that got thrown to the ground he would have gotten the call.

Nah, we absolutely do. There were lots of blown calls in the Final Four last year, but we were lucky enough to overcome them. There were more than a few in the last OSU game. We've been on the receiving end of some pretty horrific calls.

The refs certainly weren't doing you any favors, though I don't think it was a terribly unbalanced game that they called.

ImAWalkingCorpse 12-28-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9247530)
I saw UCLA not try to make a play on the ball

I FYP.

Stanley Nickels 12-28-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Wrong thread, wrong time. **** you. **** you. **** you. You are a halfwit and a troll, and you're incapable of anything even resembling a coherent thought. Did you watch that game? Or did you just come in here to revel in the atmosphere? Is it a coincidence that you always seem to show up under the same circumstances? And are you so desperate for attention that you gain some sort of validation from responses like this?

I think the answers to those questions are: no, yes, no, and yes. **** you.

ExtremeChief 12-28-2012 11:26 PM

Doesn't matter about the calls... I agree they sucked. You can't miss the damn layups like we did and not close out when we had the chance. Hopefully they learn something from this loss and it makes us better. Oh, and CoMo... **** you.

Stanley Nickels 12-28-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9247532)
Nah, we absolutely do. There were lots of blown calls in the Final Four last year, but we were lucky enough to overcome them. There were more than a few in the last OSU game. We've been on the receiving end of some pretty horrific calls.

The refs certainly weren't doing you any favors, though I don't think it was a terribly unbalanced game that they called.

Did you see any of the frontcourt officiating at all?

jjjayb 12-28-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9247524)
UCLA got Kansas style calls all ****ing night.

Ahh, what's a Mizzou basketball game without Pete complaining about the refs?

Silock 12-28-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9247540)
Did you see any of the frontcourt officiating at all?

Like I said, from the outside, it looked fairly even. The foul on Pressey should have been a flagrant. I didn't see a play for the ball, although Pressey did try to sell it pretty hard.

petegz28 12-28-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9247532)

Not unbalanced? Let's see, there were at least 3 or 4 phantom offensive fouls on MU, meanwhile UCLA plowed over Pressey and no call, of course that was on the possession to tie it late.

Then there no less than 4 traveling violations in the first half alone on UCLA that were not called. Even the announcers said "traveling is only getting called on one end of the court".

Then we get Pressey hacked on a 3 pt shot and no call.

Toss in a few more travels not called in the 2nd on UCLA then the foul fest topped off with a bs flagrant that wasn't called.

Yeah, I guess you could say it wasn't unbalanced. If you're a UCLA fan.