ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith is Sam Bradford (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270160)

milkman 02-18-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9413869)
It's fun watching Hootie sucking off Flutie 2.

I actually agree with Hootie.

It's not about his game.
It's about his presence.

Bump 02-18-2013 10:10 PM

if people want to compare Geno to Bradford. That's cool. Bradford is talented as ****. I wouldn't consider him a bust yet, he looked like he was getting better at the end of the year and well, even if their game was exactly the same (which it isn't), they are 2 different people and 1 will be better than the other.

DJ's left nut 02-18-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9413659)
Probably more than 10

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
manning
Manning
Wilson
Kaepernick
Flacco
Luck
RG3
Ryan
Rapist

And are you really willing to say that Romo, Cutler, Rivers and Stafford can't win a SB? Because if so, you're saying that Geno Smith will be a failure as a #1 draft pick if he isn't better than all 4 of those guys - damn, that's asking a shitload isn't it? With those 4 guys in the mix, you really do have the top 1/2 of the league as a 'championship caliber' QB.

Quarterback remains the most important position in sports, but it's also become the most overhyped. You absolutely, positively cannot win in the NFL with a bad quarterback. However, the more I've looked at the league over the last couple of months, the more I've realized that all you really need to have is a guy in the top 1/2 or so.

The reason you roll the dice on a guy like Geno Smith is that a truly elite QB is still a force multiplier and a nice way to cover for some weaknesses. It's no doubt easier to win with a top 5 guy.

But if 15 is the best you can do, take heart - you can still win and win big with that guy.

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9413960)
The Jagoff fan throwing another line in the water waiting for some dumb bastard to fall for his trolling.

If you don't think Bradford was better coming out of Oklahoma, then you are ****ing high.

Excluding his injury season, he had 50 touchdowns to 8 interceptions and 4700 yards passing, as well as 5 rushing TDs his Sophomore year.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:12 PM

I don't see Flacco as better than Romo, Cutler or Rivers whatsoever.

In fact everyone here knows I have a hardon for Cutler and Rivers.

RunKC 02-18-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414233)

That's funny because Flacco is the only QB listed with a SB ring.

RyFo18 02-18-2013 10:16 PM

I'll take Bradford, Cutler, Romo, or Flacco. No discrimination here. All can be successful in this league.

BossChief 02-18-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414233)

That's because you never played and don't really understand why you play harder for guys that look at themselves as equal to the rest of the team and not above them.

There is a way to be a leader and there is a way to impersonate a leader.

I don't think Romo deserves to be mentioned with Cutler and Rivers...those two are crybabies.

Romo has just been undiciplined due to the coaching staffs he as played under.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:24 PM

That's stupid. Philip Rivers is a great teammate by all accounts.

His problem is shitty supporting cast and shitty head coach.

Shit, I'd trade the #1 for Rivers.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-18-2013 10:34 PM

So, aside from the fact that Geno has played in a pro-style offense, can actually complete passes downfield, has mobility, and has never been injured, he's Sam Bradford.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Hoover 02-18-2013 10:34 PM

I think Geno is a much better prospect than Bradford, but even if Geno turns out to be the second coming of Bradford I'm fine with it. Its time to roll the dice. It like the lottery folks say, you can't win if you don't play.

HotCarl 02-18-2013 10:34 PM

You know, Bradford had a different resume. It involved winning games in a major football conference, that kind of thing.

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9414326)
I think Geno is a much better prospect than Bradford, but even if Geno turns out to be the second coming of Bradford I'm fine with it. Its time to roll the dice. It like the lottery folks say, you can't win if you don't play.

There is no god damn way Geno is a better prospect than Bradford was. Bradford was considered the inevitable #1 overall in 2009, instead went back to school, missed most of the season, and still went #1 overall in 2010.

I don't see people salivating over Geno outside of this forum.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9414338)
I don't see people salivating over Geno outside of this forum.

Lots of Jaguars and Raiders fans are.

I had a friendly feud the last 8 weeks of the year with the guy who runs bigcatcountry.com. We both kept needling each other, insisting the other's team would **** up, win a game and blow the #1 pick.

I won. :D

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414360)
Lots of Jaguars and Raiders fans are.

I had a friendly feud the last 8 weeks of the year with the guy who runs bigcatcountry.com. We both kept needling each other, insisting the other's team would **** up, win a game and blow the #1 pick.

I won. :D

Was it the Alfie guy that everyone hates and that the readers of BCC made a post about the other day saying he needs to have less involvement with the site?

Yea that guy is a real charmer.