ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

DeezNutz 07-22-2012 05:13 PM

One of the worst, I meant. "Worse"?

And let's not pretend that Orton was sitting on a couch somewhere. The Palmer situation isn't analogous, though I know that Haley's super-duper-complicated offense would have made it difficult to learn even the barest essentials in 48-72 hours.

Draw!!!!

kcxiv 07-22-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8759997)
I can't say I disagree with this.

I am not sure that Haley was a worse head coach than Herman ****ing Edwards, though.

The blowouts might be telling to you, but the blowouts were, in large part, due to Haley's more aggressive style.

Herman ****ing Edwards wouldn't take any kind of risk, ever, and that kept his team in a lot of games, but it also never gave his team any chance to steal wins.

Even Haley's approach to last offseson was risky, and it blew up in his face.

I still believe that, in time, he'll grow, and when he does, he will be a damn good head coach.

He just wasn't prepared for this opportunity.

Seriously?

This is what you're going with?

LMAO

Dumbass.

i agree. Didnt Pioli trade for Cassel before he hired Haley? Im not quite sure on that.

I liked Haley and he was a first time HC anywhere i beleive, i think he's gonna get another shot somewhere and this time will have a chance to pick a qb, not have one force fed down his throat.

I also remember Herm saying Punts were a good thing. lol Lets not forget that Herm threw the team under the bus after every loss. I did my job, they didnt do theirs. what kind of bullshit is that. I rather go for the gusto and try to take a win then just sit back hoping the other team makes a mistake. Good teams with good qb's go for it, not wait.

DaWolf 07-22-2012 06:05 PM

The big thing to me is that there was never any stability with the coaching staff. There was never any rhyme or reason to his gameday coaching. To me, they are both indicators of a guy who has no idea what he wants to do, no idea how he wants to build a team, and no idea how to lead. He belongs right where he is, as an OC for an offense headed by a Super Bowl winning QB, and under a boss who actually knows how to lead men. In other words, a position pretty much any competent OC could be successful in. Haley is not head coaching material...

The Mayor 07-22-2012 07:03 PM

The performances at Arrowhead were completely inexcusable! With that said I liked having a guy with so much enthusiasm. When BFlowers picked off Palmer in Oak and took it back for six, Haley raced down the entire sideline with him. It was such a contrast to Herm.

Molitoth 07-22-2012 07:38 PM

I liked Haley, and think he can thrive in the proper situation.

Polio has too much control here, and I think Haley clashed with him on a lot of his decisions. (Like Cassel as QB)

notorious 07-22-2012 07:39 PM

I hope he fails miserably in Pittsburgh. That spoiled fanbase deserves about 20-25 years of disappointment.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8760281)
I hope he fails miserably in Pittsburgh. That spoiled fanbase deserves about 20-25 years of disappointment.

LMAO

Haley is far too smart to fail anywhere with a good QB.

I've always liked his playcalling, even here.

Lousy HC, but excellent OC.

notorious 07-22-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760286)
LMAO

Probably.

Rapelisburger will make him look like a genius, just like Warner did.

But seriously, **** the spoiled Pittsburgh fanbase.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 07:47 PM

They went through a lot of lean years, just like us, although their idea of a lean year is 10-6.

They are now enjoying a franchise QB, so we should not hate.

mcaj22 07-22-2012 07:52 PM

do you think one day Chiefs fans can enjoy a franchise QB?

Molitoth 07-22-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760286)
LMAO

Running mccluster between the tackles is questionable.

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 07:59 PM

God damn it! Reading this crap really iritates me. EVERYONE knows Matt is nothing special except the people who can do something about it. Turn up the heat Stanzi, your our only hope.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8759825)
Agree to disagree. If you think Haley was one of the worst, then you're in for a real treat with Romeo.

Somehow, someway, it's comforting to know that you're still a ****ing reerun.

TimeForWasp 07-22-2012 08:01 PM

I liked Haley. Old news now. I hope the Packers game wasn't a one hit wonder for Crennel, that's all I hope. We do have more talent, but I think Haley got ****ed. Doesn't matter now. We have who we have. I just hope Stanzi shines.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8760296)
do you think one day Chiefs fans can enjoy a franchise QB?

Someday, lad, all this will be yours.

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploa...tana-Walsh.jpg