ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Metro Sports... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269825)

CupidStunt 02-09-2013 10:10 AM

Not yet convinced they take Geno #1, but they sure as hell won't keep Cassel next year, nevermind start him, that much I'd bet every cent I own on.

King_Chief_Fan 02-09-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9388787)
I think Smith will open a little gap(from the other QB's at least) during the combine. Dane has said multiple times he is waiting for that to make judgement. If everyone expects Geno to do well there then you really don't have to worry about Dane's view of Geno. It's not worth getting into this with the combine coming up.

why would people worry about Dane's view of Geno?

Dane, you got people scared crapless:clap:

Messier 02-09-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9389031)
agreed. there are a few places during the conversation of QB that Andy Reid seemed defensive or on the offensive for not taking a QB with that #1 pick.

When he was asked whether the new trends of exclusive QB pro day/workouts present evaluation difficulties, Reid started by saying "well, listen" and generally evasively answered that line of questions.

I'm going with the trade scenario. They will try to trade that #1 or #2 pick. I think they could trade up with the #2 pick, I doubt anyone will take the #1 in any scenario.

If Barkley falls to the 2nd round, they might grab him. My only concern about Barkley is he has slow slow hips -- he is not gonna do well when protection breaks down because he can't scramble worth shit. But, if you protect him he can run Reid's short route WCO with success, I believe.

Hate to say it, I doubt Geno Smith becomes a Chief. In fact I believe Reid is going to roll out Matty C during preseason and depending on competition, the "good football player" could be the starter next season. Reid will experience matty's fail for himself. Then Stanzi or whoever they bring in will take over.

rinse/repeat.

At least, the new staff has a rep for the QB position. Not sure this wouldn't be negated if they were to roll that failure of a QB out though. Guess we'll see.

Well listen, you've got some great takes here, and seem to be taking Reid's comments and running with them to the logical conclusion.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 10:41 AM

i cant believe anyone thinks Cassel will be taking snaps as a Chief next season....
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-09-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9389110)
i cant believe anyone thinks Cassel will be taking snaps as a Chief next season....
Posted via Mobile Device

He is going to be re born. He will take us to the super bowl. I believe
Posted via Mobile Device

Bewbies 02-09-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9388917)
According to Kevin Kietzman, Andy Reid is on the same flight he is currently to go to spring training. Kevin Kolb to the rescue? Lol

Isn't Geno working out in AZ right now? :)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9389313)
He is going to be re born. He will take us to the super bowl. I believe
Posted via Mobile Device

smplol
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-09-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9389324)
smplol
Posted via Mobile Device

One the train stats you can't get on. Might as well saddle up now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 12:36 PM

id rather saddle meccas flaming toilet brush....
Posted via Mobile Device

HotCarl 02-09-2013 12:48 PM

Reid knows the NFL and he knows offense. He drafted McNabb when the value was right. He will know the value for Geno Smith is not there for #1 overall. I'm confident we will get good value and the BPA.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 01:05 PM

He will draft Smith with Dorseys blessing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 02-09-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9389422)
He will draft Smith with Dorseys blessing.
Posted via Mobile Device

That'd be my guess...

munkey 02-09-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9388543)
Is it possible that he is indirectly taking a shot at Geno Smith with the "will his team to victory" line? Lets face it, WV was only 7-6.

ding, ding, ding...we have a winna!!!

Like Dane I can't wait for the combine...with all the man love for Geno he better blow the place up...

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 01:16 PM

Reid got maximum mileage from mc nabb and vick. Smith is beyond both in potential skills and leadership. We need to just stop with any other scenario because this Deal is......wait for it.........Done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner 02-09-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9389089)
Well listen, you've got some great takes here, and seem to be taking Reid's comments and running with them to the logical conclusion.

well listen. I listen. I know you listen. we all listen.

do you hear that sound? I hear it. it's that sound the goal post makes when it's hit with a matty c pass.

it's like a gonging sound. but it is muted. miffed at the notion why anyone would throw a forward pass at it's upright metal. it wants to sing out "why? why you do this?". but it stops singing after "wh".