ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs McDowell: Why The Chiefs Pursuit to Renovate Arrowhead Has Hit A Snag (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351198)

saphojunkie 01-18-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 17345335)
Look, I am not happy with him either, but some of the things he said he needs before signing off are actually really good for Jackson County residents, and those things probably should be a part of the proposal.

However, I have said many times, and it pisses people off, but I won't vote for anything that doesn't include covering whatever stadium with a roof, preferably a retractable roof.

You sound like a sensible ****ing man

https://phantom-marca.unidadeditoria...2026696976.jpg

Eleazar 01-18-2024 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 17345306)
Frank White is a piece of shit who should not be in a leadership position

Maybe he's still butthurt about the Royals announcer thing :Poke:

ChiefsFanatic 01-19-2024 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17345361)
You sound like a sensible ****ing man

https://phantom-marca.unidadeditoria...2026696976.jpg

I am thinking about the community and not Twisted's precious game day experience.

A stadium with a retractable roof would result in millions of dollars every year for the small businesses in and around Jackson County.

More concerts, a Final Four, and all types of events that we either don't get, or barely get because we don't have a place for it.

****. I would be absolutely OK if they use the plans for Arrowhead, made "renovations" from the jump, and just get a roof on it.

stevieray 01-19-2024 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 17345316)
Are they the Missouri Chiefs now?

Pretty much.

You think they'll change it to the Wyandotte Chiefs?

DrunkBassGuitar 01-19-2024 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17253471)
Lol this is an awful excuse to pay for billionaires. As a KCMO resident it would be awesome if both went to KS

as a johnson county resident, I think the current arrowhead should stay the home of the chiefs, it's got good mojo and tradition

DrunkBassGuitar 01-19-2024 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 17254337)
I really don’t understand the entire downtown stadium thing. Are you there for the game, or something else? The Truman sports complex was a brilliant idea 50 years ago, and continues to shine. “But I can’t find a BW3 or an AirBNB within walking distance” is a shit excuse to spend a billion and remove an iconic facility.

Basically because parking lots are a terrible use of land. You put a stadium downtown where all the stuff is because people come to see a game, which lasts 3 hours, and then do stuff before and after the game, like go to bars or stay at hotels. Those things, unlike parking lots, generate tax revenue which can be used for all sorts of things.

I would miss the old stadium and be nostalgic for it, but having a stadium in an undeveloped area with a parking lot that's like 4x the size of the stadium itself is a huge waste.

of course you can't really put a stadium in a dense urban area without giving people a way to get to and from it, and lol it's not like we're going to build passenger rail or improve the bus network or anything like that. so moving the stadium will likely involve tearing down buildings to build parking which doesn't really solve the problem with arrowhead's current location

stevieray 01-19-2024 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 17345515)

of course you can't really put a stadium in a dense urban area without giving people a way to get to and from it, and lol it's not like we're going to build passenger rail or improve the bus network or anything like that. so moving the stadium will likely involve tearing down buildings to build parking which doesn't really solve the problem with arrowhead's current location

That's the rub right there.

It's would be a traffic/parking nightmare.

Majority of people @ Arrowhead don't need a bars/restaurants.

Chiefs fans take great pride in tailgating, which included food and drink.

Shiver Me Timbers 01-19-2024 07:38 AM

Speaking of Baseball.
The biggest mistake they made out here when they built Coors Field downtown was the number of seat they (added) squeezed into that location after the original design. It should 2/3 the size it is. It is 70% empty most games similar to Kauffman. If the Royals move downtown the stadium should hold no more than 35000. Keep it small and intimate.

kcfan75 01-19-2024 08:29 AM

I have lived in JoCo most of my life, and I think that all of the counties in KC(in both states) should chip in and pay for it. We all benefit from it whether it be monetary or for entertainment. I also 100 percent agree on a retractable roof. It would be great for the city to pull in things like the F4.

The Chiefs continue to make this city relevant and proud, so JoCo add the sales tax.

KCUnited 01-19-2024 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan75 (Post 17345578)
I have lived in JoCo most of my life, and I think that all of the counties in KC(in both states) should chip in and pay for it. We all benefit from it whether it be monetary or for entertainment. I also 100 percent agree on a retractable roof. It would be great for the city to pull in things like the F4.

The Chiefs continue to make this city relevant and proud, so JoCo add the sales tax.

The ashes of the light rail proposal say hi

Kman34 01-19-2024 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17253789)
The extension of the existing tax seems fair enough to exist in the pro sports space

Footing the bill to demolish Kauffman seems kind of shitty but probably negotiable

So unless there's something more, and I didn't read the entire article, just the OP, it seems the hang up isn't the burden on tax payers but Jackson County (or White) feeling like they're not getting a big enough piece of the revenue pie from the teams

This.. It’s a tax already in place. Not an raise but an extension..

Mr. Plow 01-19-2024 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 17345509)
Pretty much.

You think they'll change it to the Wyandotte Chiefs?

They aren't called the Missouri Chiefs. They are aren't called the Jackson County Chiefs. They are the Kansas City Chiefs. Which spans both Missouri and Kansas. They are the local team for the western half of Missouri and the local team for most of Kansas. So to call them only a Missouri team would be wrong, just as it would be wrong to call them a Kansas team. They are a Kansas and Missouri team. At least in my opinion.

My short version opinion... whatever stadium it is, and wherever it is built, it needs a roof. As others have said, KC is missing out on a ton of revenue by not having a place to handle large sporting events like a Super Bowl or Final Four.

Shiver Me Timbers 01-19-2024 08:55 AM

How about leave Arrowhead where it is and build a giant dome that covers the entire complex. Kind of a miniature version of that Mall of the World in Dubai.

stevieray 01-19-2024 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 17345607)
They are the Kansas City Chiefs. Which spans both Missouri and Kansas. .

Nope.

Broncos aren't called the Cheyenne Broncos just because they have fans in Wyoming.

Dunerdr 01-19-2024 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 17345515)
Basically because parking lots are a terrible use of land. You put a stadium downtown where all the stuff is because people come to see a game, which lasts 3 hours, and then do stuff before and after the game, like go to bars or stay at hotels. Those things, unlike parking lots, generate tax revenue which can be used for all sorts of things.

I would miss the old stadium and be nostalgic for it, but having a stadium in an undeveloped area with a parking lot that's like 4x the size of the stadium itself is a huge waste.

**** that downtown parking is a nightmare. Much prefer Arrowhead and Jerry world venues for parking, because they have dedicated parking.