ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Seriously, how did we look last night? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188760)

crazycoffey 08-08-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4902678)
I think going from Solari to Gailey might be our biggest upgrade of the offseason.

agreed, it is certainly the most notable difference that I saw.

Rain Man 08-08-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 4902679)
Carr IS #39

Oh. I thought he was #31. I'll correct my statement to say that Carr and #31 seemed to be getting beat in coverage.

Rain Man 08-08-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4902678)

I think going from Solari to Gailey might be our biggest upgrade of the offseason.

The willingness to call audibles is huge. One of mankind's greatest mysteries is why an NFL football team wouldn't let its quarterback call an audible. It was like we willingly tied one hand behind our backs before a fight.

OnTheWarpath15 08-08-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 4902610)
Here's how they faired according to Gretz-

The kicking competition remains very close. Rookie Connor Barth hit a 37-yard FG and a pair of extra points. Nick Novak made his PAT kick as well. Novak kicked off four times, booting the ball to the 8, 3, 6 and 10-yard lines. Barth had just one kickoff, that one falling at the 7-yard line.

I had Barth getting his one KO to the 3, and Novak between the 6-10.

My mistake.

el borracho 08-08-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 4902519)
He was solid at DT.
I think he wore down quite a bit as the year went on...
He played more than he expected to. And he truly wasn't in the kind of shape necessary for being an every down guy. That hurt Napolean Harris.

We need a real DE.
I said this for months and everyone thought I was crazy.
Doesn't seem so crazy now... We cannot field a Defense that can't get to the QB. Hopefully a serviceable DE gets cut before the season opens.

Not crazy at all, I was saying this before the draft and before we traded Allen. [sigh] I guess we can't fix all things in one offseason but it is bad, bad news if Hali is our best DE.

el borracho 08-08-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 4902565)
The real problem was our failures at identifying Defensive Line talent.
That's what cost this O-Line. We invested far too many picks in the D-Line and gave only low-round commitments to Offensive Line prospects.

Ugh, don't remind me. Truly disturbing when you consider the return on all those investments. We still don't have a Dline (although I guess it is still early to give up on Hali, Tank and Turk).

el borracho 08-08-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 4902614)
I'm not ready to write off Tamba as not "a #1 guy" based on one quarter of pre-season play with no serviceable compliment DE. I don't know how you can outright dismiss him at this point.

Hali may yet develop into a "#1" guy but he has not been that guy his first few years in the league. How old is he, anyway? Seems like he was in his mid-20s when we drafted him. I would love to be proven wrong but I don't think Hali has been worth the pick so far.

Reaper16 08-08-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 4902834)
Oh. I thought he was #31. I'll correct my statement to say that Carr and #31 seemed to be getting beat in coverage.

#31 is Maurice Leggett

Mecca 08-08-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 4902642)
Yep. As a former first-rounder, Tamba should be dominating dudes like Herb Taylor. It's very concerning.

Oh so wait, is Tamba the guy I said he was all along?

sedated 08-08-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 4902547)
We can't undersell the importance of a serviceable DE on the other side of Hali though.

pfft. wish we could have a 26-year-old future hall-of-famer.