ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

notorious 03-28-2010 09:31 PM

My favorite part:

Jesse has found himself.

Reaper16 03-28-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6639856)
Sorry guys, I love this show.

Every show I have loved ****s itself.

This show gets BETTER. It's too good to be true.

They are shifting Walt's secrets onto Skyler. It's ****ing great! Pollos is a big part of the Mexican connection. Unreal. Perfect story writing.

Indeed.

(Every show you've loved? Do you not love The Wire? Mad Men? Deadwood?)

notorious 03-28-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6639861)
Indeed.

I have not found the time to watch them yet. Some day......

irishjayhawk 03-28-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6639858)
Did you watch the preview of next week?
Spoiler!

I know. I was just surprised that even before the preview the scary retirement-home-loving-skull-guys found Walt IN THE SECOND EPISODE. Think about the second season. It took the whole time to find out it was a plane crash that caused the eyeball and teddy bear. In this, we see the opening scene come to fruition - more or less - in a 2 episode arc.

And that's before the preview you mention.

irishjayhawk 03-28-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6639861)
Indeed.

Speaking of The Wire, do you see similarities in the pacing of the show?

Reaper16 03-28-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6639867)
Speaking of The Wire, do you see similarities in the pacing of the show?

Yes, and here are the similarities in pacing between the two shows. Both are:

1.) Good
2.)

Reaper16 03-28-2010 11:56 PM

Here I am watching the final ten minutes of the episode for the 3rd time tonight. THE SHIT RULES.

notorious 03-29-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6640106)
Here I am watching the final ten minutes of the episode for the 3rd time tonight. THE SHIT RULES.

I watch it back to back, too. I am glad this show is on late so that I can watch it without family interuption (even though I have DVR).

TrickyNicky 03-29-2010 04:03 PM

Quick question to settle a debate I had with my bro: The bald older guy that was putting the surveillance in the White's house, was he also the fake Heisenberg? If not, where/when did he show up previously?

Reaper16 03-29-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6641590)
Quick question to settle a debate I had with my bro: The bald older guy that was putting the surveillance in the White's house, was he also the fake Heisenberg? If not, where/when did he show up previously?

No, not the fake Heisenberg. He's Mike, the cleaner on the employ of Saul Goodman who told Walter how to clean up the crime scene that was Jane's apartment after she asphyxiated on her own vomit.

irishjayhawk 03-30-2010 01:35 PM

I think my favorite scene remains the scene outside the hardware store in season 2. TV on the Radio's DLZ starts playing and he walks outside and confronts a wannabe rival.

My next favorite moment would be the dark scene where Walt passes up saving Jane.

CoMoChief 03-30-2010 01:40 PM

Just started watching this show, and finally got caught up with the previous seasons and episodes.

This show is ****ing awesome. Walt's a badass. Shit's going to hit the fan in the next show.

Reaper16 03-30-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6643235)
I think my favorite scene remains the scene outside the hardware store in season 2. TV on the Radio's DLZ starts playing and he walks outside and confronts a wannabe rival.

My next favorite moment would be the dark scene where Walt passes up saving Jane.

Those scenes are great. I don't even want to think about my favorite scenes but those two would be among them.

And, man, do I ever love TV on the Radio's "DLZ." That was a perfect song choice.

Brock 03-30-2010 02:11 PM

Who hired the hitmen? The old mute guy, or was he just used to finger Walt? Are the hitmen somehow controlled by Pollo?

Reaper16 03-30-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6643374)
Who hired the hitmen? The old mute guy, or was he just used to finger Walt? Are the hitmen somehow controlled by Pollo?

We've known since early season 2 that Tuco's cousins were coming to the U.S. The hitmen are those cousins.

The real surprise is that they are involved with Gus Fring somehow, to the degree that they didn't kill Walter in order to depart for Los Pollos Hermanos immediately after they recieved Gus' text message. The way the scene was shot implied that Saul Goodman knows how to reach Gus too. That might have been a red herring, that Gus pulling the hitmen off was coincidence, but probably not.

EDIT: thinking about it more, I am unsure whether the "Pollos" text message was sent to Walter's cell or a cell on one of the cousins.