ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bowe Should Be Starting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212011)

UsualSuspects 08-16-2009 12:16 AM

He is no DVD, For shure!

keg in kc 08-16-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5976636)
Or maybe Bowe would have kicked ass anyway. You think he LIKES dropping passes? You think he LIKES the reputation he earned last year?

The smart money says he would have made just as many plays for Cassel as he did for Croyle. He's not a lazy receiver.

You can deal in fantasy. I'll deal in reality. Bowe was dropped to second team. Bowe began to practice with more intensity. Bowe played well. It worked. End of story.

Hammock Parties 08-16-2009 12:19 AM

You know, it's not like Bowe hasn't made similar catches in the past.

I think he would have played well regardless.

KcMizzou 08-16-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5976668)
You know, it's not like Bowe hasn't made similar catches in the past.

I think he would have played well regardless.

True.

Bowe was pretty damned good before... but Haley can only make him better. Sure as hell won't make him worse.

milkman 08-16-2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5976447)
Have you had success coaching in the NFL?

Have you had success coaching football at ANY level?

STFU and let the man do his job.

Haley wipes his ass with the articles you write for WPI.

Why would Haley wipe his shit with stupid shit?

tomahawk kid 08-16-2009 06:46 AM

You know what I noticed?

Bowe didn't drop one pass last night, and he went after the ball and yards after the catch like a rabid dog.

I would argue Haley's approach to the situation is having the desired results.....

milkman 08-16-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5976636)
Or maybe Bowe would have kicked ass anyway. You think he LIKES dropping passes? You think he LIKES the reputation he earned last year?

The smart money says he would have made just as many plays for Cassel as he did for Croyle. He's not a lazy receiver.

He didn't earn tht reputatuion last year.

He earned that reputation at LSU, and has continued to earn it through his first two years with the Cheifs.

Bowe has always had concentration issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5976289)
Maybe he isn't a good practice player?

There are numerous guys like that, that are shit in practice but are great in games.

I can't speak to what kind of practice player, but as you yourself have pointed out numerous times, he has always had the dropsies, so this isn't a practice issue.

Haley is challenging him to concentrate.

There's no guarantee that it'll work, but this may well be the first time that Bowe has been challenged in this manner since high school.

There's no question that Bowe is far and awy the best receiver on this roster, and he has shown time and again that when he concentrates on making the catch that he has great hands, and there is absolutely no reason that those hands shouldn't be reliable on routine catches.

That is what Haley is trying to get from Bowe.

One other point.

You really lose objectivity when it involves your favorite players.

Inspecta101 08-16-2009 08:43 AM

Bowe and Mark Bradley should be the starters, Never really cared for Darling always seemed a bit overrated he would make a good back up....

FloridaMan88 08-16-2009 08:47 AM

Last night was just a glimpse into the reality that is Pioli not doing enough to upgrade the talent around Cassel this offseason. I'm not suggesting he would have come in and become the WR he was a few years ago... but having Torry Holt in this offense, starting opposite Dwayne Bowe with Engram and Toomer as #3 and #4 WRs would be a lot better than the garbage the Chiefs started the game with last night.

If you are going to give a $60+ million contract to Cassel at least give him the weapons to succeed.

beach tribe 08-16-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspecta101 (Post 5976925)
Bowe and Mark Bradley should be the starters, Never really cared for Darling always seemed a bit overrated he would make a good back up....

The cream will rise to the top, and Bowe, and Bradley are the only cream we've got.

milkman 08-16-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5976933)
Last night was just a glimpse into the reality that is Pioli not doing enough to upgrade the talent around Cassel this offseason. I'm not suggesting he would have come in and become the WR he was a few years ago... but having Torry Holt in this offense, starting opposite Dwayne Bowe with Engram and Toomer as #3 and #4 WRs would be a lot better than the garbage the Chiefs started the game with last night.

If you are going to give a $60+ million contract to Cassel at least give him the weapons to succeed.

Holt's knees are shot to hell.

He won't last the season.

DTLB58 08-16-2009 09:12 AM

This article is one game to soon.

If Bowe dosen't start next week then go for it, right now we all knew why Haley did what he did and it appears it worked.

Reading this now is like DUH! :doh!:

cabletech94 08-16-2009 10:25 AM

Here's my Master of the Obvious prediction:

D Bowe will be starting for this WR corps. First team. Write it down. Championship.

Just a hunch.