ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Killer apps for Android? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237705)

mikeyis4dcats. 03-28-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7521861)
What is this?

app warez

BigMeatballDave 03-28-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7521867)
app warez

Oh. Is it safe?

BigMeatballDave 03-28-2011 09:04 AM

I'm using Tapatalk for the first time. Its ****ing fast.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Omaha 03-28-2011 09:11 AM

I'm a big fan of Runkeeper.

Huffmeister 04-01-2011 09:14 AM

Weatherbug Elite is today's free app on the Amazon App store. I like it a lot more than The Weather Channel and Accuweather apps.

Dante84 04-01-2011 09:39 AM

I used to use Shazzam until it started charging. I wasn't going to be able to keep it under 5 songs a month.

I just downloaded "SoundHound" and it is AWESOME.

Not only does it recognize songs (just like Shazzam), but it also recognizes songs when YOU sing them, or even when you hum them!

It's perfect for when you are trying to think of "that one song" and you only know the tune.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-01-2011 12:10 PM

get Titainium Backup Root. Allows you to back up your data, but also remove the stock apps like Sprint's NASCAR and Blockbuster apps.

SLAG 04-01-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7531264)
get Titainium Backup Root. Allows you to back up your data, but also remove the stock apps like Sprint's NASCAR and Blockbuster apps.

+1 - I like it so much i bought the pro version...

and I never buy anything as i'm a cheap ass

WoodDraw 04-01-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 7530944)
I used to use Shazzam until it started charging. I wasn't going to be able to keep it under 5 songs a month.

I just downloaded "SoundHound" and it is AWESOME.

Not only does it recognize songs (just like Shazzam), but it also recognizes songs when YOU sing them, or even when you hum them!

It's perfect for when you are trying to think of "that one song" and you only know the tune.

Amazon has given both Shazam and SoundHound away for free the last few days. It's worth checking Amazon every day to see what they have. Most of these apps I'd never buy, but I'm not complaining about getting them for free.

DaFace 04-01-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7530880)
Weatherbug Elite is today's free app on the Amazon App store. I like it a lot more than The Weather Channel and Accuweather apps.

Nice. I love Weatherbug. Not sure that the Elite version really adds that much over the freebie, but what the hell.

vailpass 04-01-2011 05:08 PM

Shit! Not enough memory space to download the app I want. Why the hell do these thing (HTC Hero) even have an SD card if you can't download anything to it?

Huffmeister 04-01-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7531804)
Shit! Not enough memory space to download the app I want. Why the hell do these thing (HTC Hero) even have an SD card if you can't download anything to it?

You have to manually move them to the SD card, although not every app can be moved (and ran) from the SD card. You can go to Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications and go through each installed app and see if it can be moved to the SD card.

Or you can just download App 2 SD (free) and it will show you a list of apps that can be moved to the SD card. Just click on the app and it will move it to the SD card.

WoodDraw 04-01-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7531817)
You have to manually move them to the SD card, although not every app can be moved (and ran) from the SD card. You can go to Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications and go through each installed app and see if it can be moved to the SD card.

Or you can just download App 2 SD (free) and it will show you a list of apps that can be moved to the SD card. Just click on the app and it will move it to the SD card.

That requires Froyo, which I don't believe the HTC Hero runs.

vailpass 04-01-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 7531817)

Thanks very much. I'm going to be very happy if this works for me.

vailpass 04-01-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 7531828)
That requires Froyo, which I don't believe the HTC Hero runs.

So that's why I can't see it in the Market. Sam Lu's aCCleaner is there. Would that enable me to move apps to the SD card or does it just clean the cache?

*still grateful for having the SD 2 app pointed out, will install it on my wife'w Evo.