ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals "Official" 2011 St. Louis Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239783)

DJ's left nut 02-04-2011 03:35 PM

EDMONDS IS HOME!!!

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...7a4a78c22.html

Damn I'd love to see him make the squad. Put him out in RF for 200-250 ABs/season and I think you'd like the results.

Welcome back, Hollywood. Cardinal Nation just isn't the same without you.

DeezNutz 02-04-2011 03:37 PM

Even Muir thinks Edmonds is old as ****.

DJ's left nut 02-04-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7406472)
Even Muir thinks Edmonds is old as ****.

True.

He's no Jason Kendall.

DeezNutz 02-04-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7406476)
True.

He's no Jason Kendall.

When he leads our country to the gold in the two-man bobsled, you better not cheer.

Frazod 02-04-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7406466)
EDMONDS IS HOME!!!

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...7a4a78c22.html

Damn I'd love to see him make the squad. Put him out in RF for 200-250 ABs/season and I think you'd like the results.

Welcome back, Hollywood. Cardinal Nation just isn't the same without you.

Yeah, I'll bet his patented strike out swing is so slow now that Stephen Hawking could dodge it.

DJ's left nut 02-04-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7406484)
When he leads our country to the gold in the two-man bobsled, you better not cheer.

So he's going to kneecap Herschel Walker? Because if I recall correctly, Herschel's in NFL shape and appears trained to kick some ass.

If I'm Kendall, I think I let Willie ride shotgun with Herschel.

raybec 4 02-04-2011 03:47 PM

I'm personally glad to see Jimmy back in the fold. He was always one of my favorites but I hope he doesn't make any friends with this years pitching staff. We are too thin to lose anybody.

DeezNutz 02-04-2011 03:48 PM

Thank you. I was completely blanking on who was supposed to be that douche's wingman for the bobsled endeavor. ****ing Spork and Kendall. :facepalm:

I haven't been attacked by a dog, but that doesn't mean the scars aren't real.

raybec 4 02-04-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7389384)
I've seen Pete Kozma play - he's atrocious. I doubt we ever see him at the major league level and I'm certain we'll never see him as more than a utility player. Any kind of fastball overpowers him, he doesn't identify a slider well and he can't stay back on a curveball. I watched Shelby Miller absolutely murder the boy last spring on the back fields in Jupiter.

It will be interesting to see what Cox can do. Scouting reports vary so widely on the kid that we don't know if we have a guy with 25 HR power waiting to develop that can play both 2b and 3b effectively or a guy with 10 HR power and the ability to play nowhere. He's just a very strange prospect.

Descalso can play at this level, but LaRussa won't play him. So why do we think Cox will ever get a legitimate shot? Is it because of how much of an opportunity Greene has had? Or maybe because we watched him mind-**** Brendan Ryan right out of town. Or perhaps the fact that he's well on his way to doing the same thing to Rasmus? If a rookie doesn't come up and flash All-Star talent immediately (Pujols and Molina), he simply gets buried and ****ed with by LaRussa until he's broken down. It's a pattern he's had for a decade plus now, not sure why we'd expect anything different.

Kozma is not the answer in Springfield, he's damn sure not the guy in Stl. Cox and Descalso are screwed until Tony gives up on his project.

DJ's left nut 02-04-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7406492)
Yeah, I'll bet his patented strike out swing is so slow now that Stephen Hawking could dodge it.

Yeah, I hated having a CFer that actually got on base and hit for power. And the post-season heroics don't matter because he couldn't straighten out 97 mph high heat.

I mean hell, he only had 2 seasons in his entire career where he struck out as many times as Rasmus did in 2009 and actually had a significantly better K-rate than KKKKolby did last season.

Seriously - anyone that doesn't like Edmonds is just a shithead. That guy did as much or more for the Cardinals during his prime years as Albert. GG centerfielders that put up an OPS above 1.000 aren't exactly easy to find. I'm sure the catch he made to save game 7 of the 04 NLCS is more than off-set by some strikeout with a man on 3rd of a July game against the Pirates.

If all you remember about the guy is strikeouts, feel free to jump into a flaming AIDS tree.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JNcM7g9SQ3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut 02-04-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 7406509)
Kozma is not the answer in Springfield, he's damn sure not the guy in Stl. Cox and Descalso are screwed until Tony gives up on his project.

The Descalso thing pisses me off to no end.

All we hear about Descalso is that "certain people within the organization" don't believe his defense will translate to the ML level.

HE WAS NAMED DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR IN THE TEXAS LEAGUE!!!!!

Do they play on smaller diamonds out there? Do they use softballs?

'Certain people within the organization' can kiss my ass...{cough} Tony LaRussa {cough}. You need an excuse to keep your pet in the lineup and the average fan can look at Descalso's offensive performance and realize that you really don't have grounds to disparage his hitting. OTOH, most of them won't realize that he's actually a hell of a defensive 2b because they don't see him play and don't hear about awards like that.

So make up some bullshit from 'anonymous sources' that calls into question his defense. Sure, the rank/file Cards fan won't bat an eye at that. I mean nevermind the fact that you think Skip ****ing Schumaker's defense evidently 'translates' to the ML level...

I absolutely despise Tony LaRussa.

Frazod 02-04-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7406521)
Yeah, I hated having a CFer that actually got on base and hit for power. And the post-season heroics don't matter because he couldn't straighten out 97 mph high heat.

I mean hell, he only had 2 seasons in his entire career where he struck out as many times as Rasmus did in 2009 and actually had a significantly better K-rate than KKKKolby did last season.

Seriously - anyone that doesn't like Edmonds is just a shithead. That guy did as much or more for the Cardinals during his prime years as Albert. GG centerfielders that put up an OPS above 1.000 aren't exactly easy to find. I'm sure the catch he made to save game 7 of the 04 NLCS is more than off-set by some strikeout with a man on 3rd of a July game against the Pirates.

If all you remember about the guy is strikeouts, feel free to jump into a flaming AIDS tree.

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JNcM7g9SQ3w" frameBorder=0 width=480 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Lighten up, Francis. I loved Joe Montana. Doesn't mean I want him to start for us next year.

Edmonds is ****ing done and has been for years.

BigRedChief 02-04-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7406492)

Damn thats ROFL

Frazod 02-04-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7406976)
Damn thats ROFL

DJ's Left Meatcurtain does not concur with your comic assessment of my clearly rude and unappreciative post. :harumph:

:)

BigRedChief 02-04-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7407143)
DJ's Left Meatcurtain does not concur with your comic assessment of my clearly rude and unappreciative post. :harumph:

:)

DJ hates everything Cardinals these days. That was damn funny. Maybe only funny to us Cardinal fans who suffered through Jimmy Ballgames last couple of years but still ROFLROFL