ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

Titty Meat 03-04-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7466502)
Anyone else find it funny that Hootie bitched out of the other mock?

The dish washer quit this week now Hootie is a hybrid between bus boy and diswahser.

DeezNutz 03-04-2011 01:21 PM

Pick #11 is ****ing wrong.

doomy3 03-04-2011 01:34 PM

Son of a bitch.

I did not see the Peterson pick to the Bengals coming at all.

I thought for sure the way this was unfolding that the 49ers would have one of either Von Miller or Patrick Peterson on the board at 7. ****.

Titty Meat 03-04-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 7466618)
Son of a bitch.

I thought for sure the way this was unfolding that the 49ers would have one of either Von Miller or Patrick Peterson on the board at 7. ****.

Just don't draft who I'm going to draft and you'll be good.

Direckshun 03-04-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7466508)
This.

I hate when these early picks turn into holy wars. The guy didn't draft Jon Baldwin #1 overall.

If you want to snipe on someone for a pick you thought was a reach, fine, but it doesn't need to go on endlessly.

Relative to the needs of the team and the talent on the board, it's a perfectly logical pick. In pads, the guy looks like the best player in the class. Stop making the draft a referendum on whether or not people followed your board.

One of the drafturbators accosting other discussants of the draft for being abrasive or aggressive. Hysterical.

It's a discussion, for shit's sakes. Set the rules so that we all golf clap after each selection, or accept that a dispute or two is going to break out in a mock draft.

DeezNutz 03-04-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Son of a bitch.

You've talked pretty highly about Newton to go the Peterson/Von Miller route, even if they were on the board.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-04-2011 01:42 PM

I almost regret leaving, just so I could beat Direckshun in the draft again.

Direckshun 03-04-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7466639)
I almost regret leaving, just so I could beat Direckshun in the draft again.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FpE_STh3E8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-04-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7466633)
One of the drafturbators accosting other discussants of the draft for being abrasive or aggressive. Hysterical.

It's a discussion, for shit's sakes. Set the rules so that we all golf clap after each selection, or accept that a dispute or two is going to break out in a mock draft.

Yay, more straw men.

There's a difference between an active discussion and a Hootification of the draft that seems to happen with these early picks almost every year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-04-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Son of a bitch.

Sorry, mang. Just didn't trust Fairley, Dareus, or Newton enough.

The Franchise 03-04-2011 02:04 PM

I'm sure I royally screwed up everyone's boards by taking AJ Green at #1.

doomy3 03-04-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7466637)
You've talked pretty highly about Newton to go the Peterson/Von Miller route, even if they were on the board.

Yeah, I love Newton. I love him in a vertical offense.

Not sure I love him so much in Harbaugh's West Coast Offense that places such a value on accuracy.

I would have taken him if I had the Cardinals though. And he is one of 3 I am now looking at for the 7 pick.

doomy3 03-04-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7466700)
Sorry, mang. Just didn't trust Fairley, Dareus, or Newton enough.

No, I don't blame you for that. Just didn't see it coming, since one of the strengths of the Bengals is their CB play.

Direckshun 03-04-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7466695)
Yay, more straw men.

There's a difference between an active discussion and a Hootification of the draft that seems to happen with these early picks almost every year.

What would an active discussion entail? Perhaps a critique of the player selected? Perhaps a requisite mention of whom the critiquer would have preferred? Perhaps comparing the draft to previous drafts?

You're right, I should have considered doing any of those things.

Direckshun 03-04-2011 02:50 PM

The Browns really need to boost the shit out of their front seven.

I think this pick is a no-brainer.