ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Haley did the right thing.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248417)

the Talking Can 08-13-2011 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 7822473)
Stop making excuses

Every other team got to camp the same time as we did. We looked like dogshit, came totaly unprepared and it was unacceptable.. pre-season or not.. this is a professional football team

please ****ing kill yourself

please

royr17 08-13-2011 03:57 AM

im not going to go through read all of this bs, but anybody complaining about the game needs to just chill out, its only the first preseason games, and even the starters that matter didnt even play.

Chronic 08-13-2011 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7822477)
please ****ing kill yourself

please

You shut your whore mouth when I'm talking

BigCatDaddy 08-13-2011 06:09 AM

I understand what they were doing, but damn that was a train wreck. THANK GOD, I had the Royals to flip over to better my evening.

Chiefnj2 08-13-2011 06:32 AM

Haley might want to start practicing pass blocking. Just saying.

damaticous 08-13-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7821472)
Most of our starters just got to camp last Thursday. I think he played this game smart. Treat it as a practice. Aside from the magic he did were somehow he got Cassel to throw 3 passes without every throwing a pass, I think the approach was overall the right one. Actually the running game started looking good until Battle decided he was ready to hit the bench.

All in all, we got to look at some young talent, our starters didn't get hurt (because most didn't play) and that's good. They need another week to get their legs, no sense in getting guys hurt especially when they have been there a week.

As little as my opinion matters, i agree, Haley "played this game smart"

Chief Faithful 08-13-2011 06:55 AM

What I found interesting is what starters didn't play. The ones who didn't play are the ones most assured of starting giving the coaches more time to evaluate players. Given the team did not have all the OTA sessions during the off-season the evaluation time this first game is critical, thus, I was impressed by how Haley approached this game. The team just lined up without a game plan and let the players go head to head making it easy for the players to just react. Last nights game will be great for evaluation purposes.

I also found it interesting that Albert played and Richardson didn't. Was it because Albert needed the practice time? I tend to think it has to do with Gaither competing for LT not RT. The season may start with Albert being the first backup with Gaither and Richardson as starters.

Anyone who thinks last nights game has any indication on how the team will perform this season doesn't know the game very well.

milkman 08-13-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 7822523)
What I found interesting is what starters didn't play. The ones who didn't play are the ones most assured of starting giving the coaches more time to evaluate players. Given the team did not have all the OTA sessions during the off-season the evaluation time this first game is critical, thus, I was impressed by how Haley approached this game. The team just lined up without a game plan and let the players go head to head making it easy for the players to just react. Last nights game will be great for evaluation purposes.

I also found it interesting that Albert played and Richardson didn't. Was it because Albert needed the practice time? I tend to think it has to do with Gaither competing for LT not RT. The season may start with Albert being the first backup with Gaither and Richardson as starters.

Anyone who thinks last nights game has any indication on how the team will perform this season doesn't know the game very well.

The more likely reason that Albert played and Richardson didn't is that Albert has been in camp since the start, while Richardson didn't show until he was allowed to on the 4th.

royr17 08-13-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7822532)
The more likely reason that Albert played and Richardson didn't is that Albert has been in camp since the start, while Richardson didn't show until he was allowed to on the 4th.

Albert and Richardson both played.

When I saw the starting offensive line on the field it was Albert, Lilja I believe, Harris, Asamoah, and Richardson.

the Talking Can 08-13-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic (Post 7822489)
You shut your whore mouth when I'm talking

if you won't kill yourself, at least kill your mom's uterus.....

Chiefsplanet begs you

YayMike 08-13-2011 10:12 AM

There were two things that concerned me coming out of this "practice". I'm not the biggest Cassel fan, but God forbid something happen to him and we are in big trouble. Secondly, I understand the lack of a game plan, and I'm okay with that. But both Palko and Stanzi had NO protection to even have a chance to make any plays. Granted these are back-up lineman, but they got their asses kicked. Should injuries arise, it could be an issue.

Anything else...hell with it, it was just good to see football being played. Baldwin's effort really caught my eye and when i go back and watch the game again this afternoon, I can't wait to see how the other young guys did. I tell you what, Powe and Greenwood both looked pretty good watching the game live.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-13-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7821520)
i wouldn't have even played cassel....

Or Palko either for that matter.

Frankie 08-13-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 7822754)
Or Palko either for that matter.

I doubt that we will stay pat with the QBs that we have.

Who's out there in the FA market that we can sign?

go bo 08-13-2011 03:29 PM

joe elway?