ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Kiper: Chiefs should take Te'o with 1st pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266660)

vailpass 11-15-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9121568)
Stop that right now.

That homo got slapped.

WV 11-15-2012 06:00 PM

Who the hell listens to Kiper anymore? Mayock is far better but even he goes full on idiot sometimes.

Richard_Cuckold 11-15-2012 06:03 PM

umm no

BWillie 11-15-2012 06:05 PM

I don't see who you draft other than Matt Barkley. Even Lane Kiffin can make that team suck, so I don't blame Barkley. He's a talent for sure.

Chiefnj2 11-15-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9121400)
Who does the best QB in this class compare to? I think that is what you have to ask yourself.

To me, Tyler Wilson is the best QB and he compares to Jay Cutler. I'm not taking Cutler #1 overall.

You are a troll.

bevischief 11-15-2012 06:08 PM

JFC...

DeezNutz 11-15-2012 06:09 PM

With respect to Barkley, there's quite a bit of paralysis by analysis going on. However, I truly do not want Pioli making this decision, since a n00b QB likely means more time for our piece-of-shit GM.

Tough position for the Chiefs unless the Clarks demonstrate some leadership.

notorious 11-15-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9121685)
Who the hell listens to Kiper anymore? Mayock is far better but even he goes full on idiot sometimes.

Mayock is all ND now.

RunKC 11-15-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9121685)

I remember when Mayock was touting Dexter McCluster and Robert Ayers to be perennial all-stars. Oops. Ha

BossChief 11-15-2012 07:38 PM

I don't care how good people think Teo is.

He will not be much better (if any) than guys like Rolando McClain, Aaron Curry or Luke Kuechly.

Let me make it simple and easy to understand...

When you don't have a franchise qb, you take the guy that you feel has the best chance at developing into one and then you spend the next 3 years doing everything in your power to help him succeed.

If you already have a franchise quarterback, the only linebackers that are worth top ten draft picks are pass rushers.

DaneMcCloud 11-15-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9121907)

He will not be much better (if any) than guys like Rolando McClain, Aaron Curry or Luke Kuechly.

When you don't have a franchise qb, you take the guy that you feel has the best chance at developing into one and then you spend the next 3 years doing everything in your power to help him succeed.

If you already have a franchise quarterback, the only linebackers that are worth top ten draft picks are pass rushers.

And there are plenty of examples of pass rushers taken in the second, third and later rounds.

James Harrison was undratfed and cut numerous times.

SAUTO 11-15-2012 07:51 PM

Mel must have been affected by the general ignorance that exudes from woodspongeblackisuckedatonofcock bobchuckpants
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 11-15-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9121430)
ROFL Come on man.... It was an "oh shit" moment when Denver took Von Miller.

No it ****ing wasn't. That was expected
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre 11-15-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9121907)

I think Jarvis Jones could play inside in a 3-4 and be a three down back. He is really well rounded like Houston is. It would be really hard to pick out which of the four linebackers are blitzing between Houston, Hali, Johnson, and Jones. Plus you always have Arenas and Berry as wild-card blitzers as well. If we ran a zone-blitz 3-4 like Pittsburgh, you would literally be able to bring pressure from anywhere on the field and rely less on your defensive linemen to free things up.

BossChief 11-15-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9121925)
And there are plenty of examples of pass rushers taken in the second, third and later rounds.

James Harrison was undratfed and cut numerous times.

You can make that statement about any position...not sure what your point is.

My point is that you don't ever take non pass rushing linebackers in the top ten.

You know what players you take in the top ten that will give your team the impact you should get from that high of a pick?

Quarterback (don't have one)
Left tackle (we have a really good one)
Pass rusher (we have two elite ones)

Nothing else gets a team the win loss impact that a top ten pick should get.